Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?  (Read 15733 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2004, 04:24:44 PM »

Not a good idea. Crue are looking to the past and are going on a farewell tour. GNR are looking to the future and starting something new. As far as how Vince and Axl would get along, VInce got back with Tommy and they really don`t like each other, so I think Vince wouldn`t care, but Axl probrally still has ill feelings.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2004, 04:33:59 PM »

What about Jet? they seem to be great.  ok
BUt my favourite choice for an opening act goes to the White Stripes. The white Stripes(opening act, 1H) + GN'R (main act, 2H) would be amaziing.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2004, 04:35:26 PM »

I have seen a bunch of GNR fans suggest they tour with a band like Lincoln Park.....that only happens if GNR plans on opening for them

hihi hihi hihi hihi

LP couldnt even put on a quarter of a performance that GNR put on nevermind headlining over GNR. LP is the most overated band. I used to like them but it gets old when they do the same thing over and over again. Throw in the collaborations with JZ{I love Jayz} Lp are a joke.

GNR will be opening for NOBODY. ?They will have their own tour and headline that tour. CAse Closed not even worth discussing. As for opening acts. It will probably be differetn kinds of bands that the band likes. I can see liek a major headling tour a few yrs down the road but for the first tour it will be liek the 2002 tour but with a CD set.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2004, 04:54:28 PM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi

Its really not funny or preposterous...but thats your defense mechanism, I understand.

LP couldnt even put on a quarter of a performance that GNR put on nevermind headlining over GNR.

Irrelevant.  Drawing power is what matters, not  Younggunners opinion.

Throw in the collaborations with JZ{I love Jayz} Lp are a joke.

So you used to like LP, and love Jay-Z, but somehow its a joke?  Huh  I guess debuting at #1 was a joke too. Undecided

Linkin Park co-headlined stadiums (within this decade too!).  So you thinking theyre a joke isnt as important as their popularity and ability to sell tickets and records.

Anyway, pretending GNR will ever tour again, Id like to see Silvertide or the Distillers open for them (both acts that opened for VR as well).
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004, 04:59:03 PM »

Yes, Booker LP is a much better live act and deserve to headline over GNR  ok

The day GNR use a lesser band to headline over them to sell tickets and gain popularity is the day i walk away.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2004, 05:29:39 PM »

Highly dought it would happen..Both are trying to recreate themselves

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
using my illusions
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004, 05:35:36 PM »

what if they could get a tour together with aerosmith...? is that stupid? i dunno, i think that would be cool, and i think that aerosmith is secure enough, that they would open for the new GNR - maybe throw ACDC in there too -   Huh
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2004, 05:53:16 PM »

what if they could get a tour together with aerosmith...? -? Huh?

I thought about that too, they rock- but aerosmith do the more classic rock stuff,

but maybe musical difference don't mean shit beer

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 06:00:02 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004, 07:26:05 PM »

LP couldnt even put on a quarter of a performance that GNR put on nevermind headlining over GNR. LP is the most overated band. I used to like them but it gets old when they do the same thing over and over again. Throw in the collaborations with JZ{I love Jayz} Lp are a joke.

I am not saying LP is a better band than GNR, I am just suggesting that in terms of popularity in the rock world right now they dwarf GNR, so I was just saying they would never tour with GNR, because they don't need them to sell out arena's, and frankly they're more popular than GNR. That's all, I know it is hard to understand sometimes why a band some people find to be musically inferior is more popular than our favorite band, but that is the reality of the music industry right now, and suggesting otherwise is just kidding yourself.

And to everyone else suggesting a band like Aerosmith, again, what incentive is there to tour with GNR? None of those bands will let Axl go on after them, and they don't need GNR anyway, as they are still tremendous drawing acts. Axl isn't going to open for anyone, so any talk of GNR ever touring with an established band is ridiculous at least in the near future when it is still up in the air as to how big a draw GNR really is. It's not 1990 anymore, and they are going to need help to draw in smaller to midsize markets, but no one is going to want to tour with them and the hassle's that go along with it. And GNR won't want to tour with anyone that would possibly show them up, so we will continue the likes of CKY and DJ's opening up for Guns.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 07:30:31 PM »

I think that when GN'R tours, they'll take out some young band.

Motley Crue doesn't fall under that category. Neither does Poison or any other bands from that era.

Queens Of The Stone Age was supposed to open for GN'R in Europe in 2001. A band that was unknown for the masses at that point. CKY got the opening slot in 2002.

None of them are from the 80s L.A. scene.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »

yes, That's my though too. Jet would be great.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 08:05:58 PM »

yes, That's my though too. Jet would be great.

i thnk that too, soneone who hasn?t hit it big yet

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 08:58:53 PM »

No offense but I think thats a terrible idea. Aside from the obvious dislike Vince and Axl have for eachother, as many people have already pointed out, the circumstances around each band touring with eachother are the total opposite. Motley Crue is in it purely for the cash and to drum up publicity for their movie, and besides that I heard that they did a HORRIBLE performance of Dr. Feelgood at an awards show or something last night. Apparently the vox were really sketchy in spots and Vince would sing lines where they did not belong. I think GnR will tour with a relatively new act or a largely unknown act much alike they did in the last tour. I dont think they want to share the stage with a renowned 80s glam band who were around the first time GnR were in their hey-day.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2004, 10:59:10 PM »

id love this if it is done exactly the way the kiss/poison 04 tour was done they hav a kick ass underground opening band (hopefully my cousins band red means go)to play like 30 minutes. then crue gos on(they have to play dr. fell good every night) for an hour or 75 minutes then Gnr plays a 12 hour marathon or like 2 hours but im hoping for the first one. ok 

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2004, 11:27:13 PM »

All this talk about popular bands either opening up for, or touring with New GNR is insanity!!!   

NOBODY is going to risk touring with a band that is going to steal all the press (in this case New GNR).  Plus, nobody knows what Axl's gonna do next.

Steven Tyler, Bono, Axl...all of these are names of guys who don't open for anyone else...they don't have to.  Wink  And no, Vince Neil isn't anywhere near these guys in talent or popularity.

-Axl4Prez   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2004, 11:32:10 PM »

And no, Vince Neil isn't anywhere near these guys in talent or popularity.

-Axl4Prez? ?peace

yeah it sucks, vince is like satisfied with what he's done and don't put too much effort in that anymore

but there are other people in that band, talented and popular beer
think a tour with gnr will prolly not happen and imo not fit Undecided
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:35:37 PM by norway » Logged

dboyd13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2004, 01:48:10 AM »

Im going to see the Crue on March 17, 2005 here in Dallas.  Anyone who has seen the Real Crue knows they put on a Hell of a show.  I wish Gun's would get its act together and get on the road in 2005!!!!  I keep reading rumors that C.D is done and they are waiting for the "Right" time for it to come out.  Put the Damn thing out and go on a 2 year tour for the Fans.  Axl would quickly regain his status as a Rock God!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2004, 01:52:13 AM »

GnR ain't never gonna tour with them.

But listen...I'm gonna see them in Orlando so if anybody wants to meet me up there, pm me!  smoking
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2004, 02:22:26 AM »

Well, I still say GN'R would pass on the Crue or any other band of that era.  They apparently agree with their selection of CKY on the last tour.  I don't have any problem with the Crue at all and would probably like to check them out; I think Tommy Lee is an amazing drummer and easily one of the better ones of the last 10 - 15 years.  But, GN'R don't want that image.  They should just go out to smaller venues and establish themselves with new material.  Axl is still good enough to do that, but he has to understand he just can't go out and sellout huge stadiums.  He should start out with smaller venues and let his performance, along with a new album, enhance the reputation of the 'new GN'R'.....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2004, 06:08:15 AM »

Motley Crue doesn't fall under that category. Neither does Poison or any other bands from that era.

Queens Of The Stone Age was supposed to open for GN'R in Europe in 2001. A band that was unknown for the masses at that point. CKY got the opening slot in 2002.

None of them are from the 80s L.A. scene.

/jarmo

I agree. I still think MUSE and GNR would be a fucking great collaboration...MUSE are seen as one of the leaders of the new wave of progressive rock music, they are not as miserable as RADIOHEAD and put on a great show. I think U2 are too big for the new GNR, NIN probably a little too niche but MUSE would fit in just right. I'm not sure about JET or the WHITE STRIPES, I think they are a little too garage rock...you know it appears Axl's writing some pretty epic stuff and I think he needs a band that will compliment this style.

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: