Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Better Dead Than Alive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better Dead Than Alive  (Read 2922 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« on: December 18, 2004, 05:45:40 PM »

Ok I have made this topic, basically caused yesterday I saw a TV program In my country (not that is a good program), wich said that Kurt is an idol because he is dead and if he wasn't dead he would become a nobody just like AXL, I literaly throw my cell phone to the TV  rant, I was so angry but I tried to think without all the prejudice of my likes about Guns N Roses, but I still think AXL isn't a nobody and he is still an Idol to a lot of fans, and has influenced much more than Kurt did, but I want to know how many people here think about this kinda comentary that was given on TV it really pissed me off!!  rant

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 06:17:21 PM »

Ok I have made this topic, basically caused yesterday I saw a TV program In my country (not that is a good program), wich said that Kurt is an idol because he is dead and if he wasn't dead he would become a nobody just like AXL, I literaly throw my cell phone to the TV? rant, I was so angry but I tried to think without all the prejudice of my likes about Guns N Roses, but I still think AXL isn't a nobody and he is still an Idol to a lot of fans, and has influenced much more than Kurt did, but I want to know how many people here think about this kinda comentary that was given on TV it really pissed me off!!? rant
I don't like Kurt never have never will.  Fine he was popular, very damn popular but i believe his death did wonders for his career it cemented it he died in his prime his fans at the time only have good memories of his work since he wasn't around for it to deteriate, and they welcome any new stuff e.g. You Know You're Right & the new box set i've heard about.  Axl though has been around and although enjoyed a popular and productive period has irritated many, from some people's point of view he has fallen out with all those members who were also worshipped and promised so much and over an extremely long period of time delivered nothing.  He is not a nothing but just unpopular with many, for many reasons one of those being presenting very, very little new music to the general public.  Maybe if he had dropped dead in 1991 he would be seen by many in a much better light....who knows?
Chris Misfit
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 06:21:47 PM »

It's TV for fuck sake.

Anyway, Axl hasn't done nothing, so what's the problem? Remove all lips from his ass. Oh yes.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 11:39:42 PM »

maybe it would be best 4 the purist if we died or broke up

-axl in 92-

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 06:50:58 AM »

It's TV for fuck sake.

Anyway, Axl hasn't done nothing, so what's the problem? Remove all lips from his ass. Oh yes.

Nice one Misfit beer

As for the record, Kurt blew chunks and is way overated for reality. All these lame-ass programmes happen on MTV and VH1/VH2, they should have programmes about people like Dimebag and Cliff Burton who could actually play their instruments.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 02:18:48 PM »

Dying does wonders for ur musical credibility - Hendrix will be still found at no.1 on best guitarists lists for centuries to come - despite the fact there are hundreds of guitarists superior to him.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 04:29:55 PM »

On the subject, I read somewhere (maybe here) that Pantera albums are selling nearly 1000 more copiues a week now.

VDOP usually sold like 329 copies a week, it's now up to 1200 odd.

I dunno what to make of that.

Expect 8000 best of Pantera albums, live albums, b-sides, and unreleased albums.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:35 AM »

Cobain gets alot of criticism unfairly. People like us slag him because his band was overrated but it's not his fault. He was just a poor kid with nothing to lose who lived in a van, slept on the streets and went to the top of the world using music, even though he probably wasn't one of the most technically talented musicians. He was an outcast and I think he geniunely believed in what he did, unlike most other people, who just tagged along for convenience.

Some of us get mad when we hear about some pop star wearing a GnR shirt or Britney covering a Queen song because we feel like they aren't true fans. Now imagine if you were an outcast, wrote and listened to music that the mainstream world ignored or didn't even know about and all of the sudden, in a matter of days, every punkass that laughed at you or didnt even notice you yesterday was now acting like your biggest fan, trying to seem like he understands and believes in what you've been fighting fighting for, but in reality, he has no fucking clue. Not to mention the thousands of poser bands who came out just to get their mug on MTV. Bands which, a month before, were probably wearing spandex.

Thanks to the douche bags at MTV, they had everyone believe that Nirvana was untouchable. Why? Because, 'the world needs a hero'. We can't have people who are just good at what the do, we must rank them and "pick out"  the best.  Now, the same people who supported, promoted and profited off Hair Metal were the first ones to renounce it, point their fingers and, as always, continue on with the bullshit.

I wish I could somehow put all the music execs, editors, journalists, critics into one room and tell them: get another fucking job. We don't need your weekly fads, your made up sayings and cool lingo, your dumb top ten lists, etc. Thanks for jumping on anything beautiful, crapping all over it, and turning it into a cheap tabloid affair. Go learn how to play the banjo or something.

wiew...end of rant...time to sleep
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 02:24:18 AM by Captain Obvious » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: