Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Which rockstar death shocked the music industry the most?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which rockstar death shocked the music industry the most?  (Read 9549 times)
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2004, 03:54:41 PM »

One who, unfortunately, definitely didn't seem as a shock to the music industry because we all saw it coming was Layne Staley. It took seven years for him to be put out of misery. It's even more pathetic that he's so forgotten already, because the majority of the bands of the mid to late 90's owe their success to him and the Chains. He's the only musician who has died that I continue to cry over.  no
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 04:19:48 PM »

I
I do however remember Cobain vividly ( I was 16 ) and that had? and continues to have a large impact
It is always shocking and tragic when a creative person dies young

Yeah, it's shocking and tragic when a creative person dies young. It was shocking and tragic when Cobain died too  Grin Grin Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Kris Sunovagun
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2004, 06:54:59 AM »

One who, unfortunately, definitely didn't seem as a shock to the music industry because we all saw it coming was Layne Staley. It took seven years for him to be put out of misery. It's even more pathetic that he's so forgotten already, because the majority of the bands of the mid to late 90's owe their success to him and the Chains. He's the only musician who has died that I continue to cry over.? no
I know what you mean. Every year when the industry commemorates Cobain there is not a fucking word about Layne..
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 12:12:11 AM »

Not shocking, but very sad, Warren Zevon

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Chris Misfit
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 12:51:54 AM »

Two for me: Rik l. Rik and Richie Manic. Ok, Richie might not be dead. But both represent true musicians, that didn't conform to 2.5 minute long songs that has been reatardedly frozen into todays youth (see The Holy Bible, and anything from 78 - 97 that Rik was involved in).

Music lost something special with those two, and not just teenage lust, as I suggest the other people mentioned in this thread are.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004, 02:26:54 PM »

It would definitely have to be Lennon's death but that was right before I was born. The most shocking in my lifetime was Cobain, but that didn't affect me personally.

The biggest one for myself was George Harrison. It was to be expected since he was ill, but it was still upsetting. I remember turning on the radio one night and they were playing "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison and I just knew he had passed.  Cry
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2004, 03:03:28 PM »

Buddy Holly

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Dizzie
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 07:00:22 PM »

well...Lennon's death was violent, which is what made it shocking...plus that he wasknown world-wide...yeah, i have to say this was one of the saddest events...Kurt Cobain's death, for instance, was somehow shadowed by the fact that it was suicide. that didn't stopped him from becoming a legend (man, i get so pissed at those shitheads that don't understand crap of Nirvana's music, they just heard of Kurt...). many other rock stars sadly died.  i'm sorta young so i couldn't say if the media made a big fuss (for example Cliff Burton died in a buss accident...but back then Metallica weren't mainstream...it atill really makes me sad)

i don't know about the "music industry" (sometimes it's so full of shit), i can only talk from my point of view
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004, 07:43:16 AM »

I think it would be John Bonham (Led Zep)... His death brought down the biggest RnR band in history... What a waste...

Fuck 'Em All.
Kris Sunovagun
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 08:43:33 AM »

but i tell ya what! i got almost a heart attack when ozzy had the accident with the motorbike-thing-whatever it was anyway lol

Was that not just a publicity stunt...?
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 10:39:48 AM »

but i tell ya what! i got almost a heart attack when ozzy had the accident with the motorbike-thing-whatever it was anyway lol

Was that not just a publicity stunt...?

MTV were probably in the middle of practising a stunt for Jackass and decided to make it 'real'.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2004, 02:59:30 PM »

John Lennon, Elvis Presley And George Harrison and in the Metal Scene definitely Darrel Dimebag And Cliff Burton  Cry

If the world would end today... Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: