Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Have you ever noticed that whenever somebody posts about the big traders
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you ever noticed that whenever somebody posts about the big traders  (Read 3180 times)
jordan23
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:29:49 AM »

The post gets locked so nobody can respond? why will? what are you hiding? This is in reference to:

Author  COLDHEARTBREAKER
Topic: John M - THE SELLER  (Read 133 times) 
John M - THE SELLER  ? on: November 15, 2004, 10:00:05 AM ? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once upon a time there was a guy called John M and back in 2001 you could get 2 cdr discs from great John M for lovely hugely high rip off price of $50...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&th=9de90ebecb9fb381&rnum=43

... and they all lived happily ever after? 

Do you really think if a guy makes that sort of money one day selling GNR boots he just suddenly goes off the idea and sees the light???

I think not 

peace to all   

jamo responds

What's the point of this thread?

He hasn't sold anything on this board......

niceboys responds

man, this is 3 years old

will responds but doesn't say anything so i don't copy it

john m responds(or lies,however you want to put it)

Hey there, genious - that was a link to an ebay item the Las Vegas 2001 audio taper sold.

If you were around back then, you would have known about it.

John
GNRontour.com

then will responds again,then of course he closes this post

Ok, John replied. He didn't do what you accused him of doing, since he was just pointing to an eBay auction and wasn't selling this CD set.

This topic is now closed. Don't be surprised if other lame threads like this get closed/ deleted. You attack people on a public board and in this case the attack was not even legit. So like I said, either you take it to PMs with whoever you're attacking or don't post here. We only allow posting threads like this if people have genuinely been ripped off by someone, which is not the case here.

ok,my turn (as i turn around to grab my vegas cd set)

before i go any further i need to re-inform those who are new to the gn'r world.john m used to be an associcate with me,we traded a little i hooked him up with some unreleased shit (rose demos i bought from the old drummer from e-bay) and we used to talk on aol.then i started selling on e-bay and i kinda got black balled i guess  smoking  anyway.but before all that started john sold a friend of mine named david prisby his entire collection for around $8,000!!! something like $16 a cd!!!! and i don't thnk john will deny that..but as far as the vegas cd set goes,i was around then and there was this guy named "e.coney waaa" who recorded the show and sold i think 100 of them on e-bay for $50...john advertised this and is given a special credit on the back of the cd set.now theory has it that john was either e.coney waaa or just helping out on the production of this monster but regardless e.coney waaa was supposedly arrested on bootlegging and after that point john no longer would have (in the public eye anyway) anything to do with selling.is aces high controlled by john? i mean who knows but the point is john the head of the gn'r trading underworld has many bones in his closet for selling so get off his dick please.i guess to answer will's post

will:
Ok, John replied. He didn't do what you accused him of doing, since he was just pointing to an eBay auction and wasn't selling this CD set.

will,you don't know what you are talking about,if i had a friend to come here and post a link to my auctions saying you can buy this here you would put up a post saying not to do this it is bad and put up a link to the riaa or e-bay  saying to report me and shit.you are a hypocrite as well...you would condone john selling but somebody else it would anarchy.john says he didn't do it and you believe it instantly,john is not exactly the most honest person in the world,ever trade with him?try it and you will learn how he really is,if he even responds to your e-mail for a trade in which 99% of the time he won't even bother...i'm rambling now,i do that when i get infuriated about something that i can't just grab with my hands and destroy so i'll go now and i hope all those people have recieved thier stuff i owed them,i know some have and even had those same people send me money because my stuff is the very best....cya the next time!!!! GOOD.....FUCKING.......NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Go Falcons!!!!!   Patriots VS. Falcons   John,wanna bet??? 

jm78
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 01:11:15 PM »

Jeeeez, you really are pathetic....do you ever stop dreaming about me/being me?? Get a life, you 37 year old piece of shit.

This post from last year will shed some light on this stupid topic:

Quote from: jm78, sometime in 2003

Ahhh, I?ve been waiting for this.? Time to answer some questions, and I?ll <b>GLADLY</b> do that for you all.

Around ?97-?99, I used to sell quite a bit.? It was no big deal at the time, the philosophy was why not make a buck for the time it takes to copy stuff.? Plus there were a few others doing it and it seemed like an OK idea.? There was no real reason, other than making money, to sell CDRs.? And realize that back in 1997, when CDR burning was at the <b>early</b> stages of taking off, blank CDRs cost $4-5 each.

I think A LOT of people around here know about this, so I don?t think anything has been *exposed* - as COLDHEARTBREAKER [would you like to identify yourself, by the way?] likes to put it.? Do some research buddy.

That leads to ? why stop selling?? Because IT?S NOT MY MUSIC.? It?s the band?s music, which no one other than the band has the right to sell to you.? If you are truly a fan of the band, you will not infringe upon their rights to distribute their products.? That?s the bottom line folks, no matter how much time you put into copying a 10th generation VHS, a CDR that has ticks & pops, or a DVDR that was made on a piece-of-shit stand-alone burner, from a 15th generation Paul ?Gaywell? Cromwell VHS, that you can barely see.

So what have I done since I stopped selling?? Hmm, let?s see.? I?ve tried to get some other people to stop selling as well.? Some people don?t anymore & it?s cool.? A lot of people still do.

A few years ago, there was a *fan* named Evan Porada, who sold a lot of bootlegs on eBay.? He was good friends with David Prisby [he bought his whole collection from him, and together they proved their stupidity time and time again.? Evan also ripped off a lot of traders I know of, by not sending them their CDs/videos.? It was a bad situation for a lot of your traders out there.? So I created a webpage about him and tried to inform the good people in the GN?R community about his scandals.? After a few weeks, everyone knew about him.? He then disappeared from the GN?R bootleg scene.

Around the same time that Mr. Porada left, Paul Cromwell comes along with a big GN?R collection.? He told people he bought his collection from David Prisby.? ?Coincidence?? You decide.

So who is? Paul Cromwell?? Is he Evan Porada reincarnated or some *Bobby Smith* off the street?? Why does he continue to be stupid and rip god people off?

So how about some other stuff I?ve done since I?ve stopped selling?? Well, I tried to create a free-trading group, so people could continue to build their collections without having to pay for it.? And they would also be getting the best quality possible.? Traders would help out others & newbies by copying a few CDRs for just sending blanks & enough money to cover return postage. Check out the website I started ?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digital-gnr/

- Why hasn?t that started and taken off? Well, because of people like Paul Gaywell & David Prisby.? Because they?ll just take the CDR? that they got for free in the trading group and sell it to people who didn?t get in on the free-trading group.? When it comes to people like Paul Gaywell, his only concern in the GN?R bootleg community is making money.? That is his only intention.

I used to chat with Paul on ICQ or IM about GN?R stuff.? He would often tell me how he stopped selling and how he thought it wasn?t cool to sell.? I thought the guy had changed.? So I did a few favors for Paul.? He asked me about DVD making, and I often informed him that stand-alone DVD burners produced garbage quality.? He would mention that quality is not his concern, so he would continue to use stand-alone DVD burners.? I took a lot of my time informing him about how to make proper DVDs that had menus and all sorts of goodies that you don?t get with stand-alone DVD burners.? I was very helpful to him about all this, in part because he would often say that selling was wrong.

Paul?s eBay track record speaks for itself ?

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=timetodie!!!

Nothing more needs to be said after taking a look at that.? And that is just one of his eBay user IDs, yes, there are more.

Let?s see, what else have I done since I stopped selling?? Well, I?m on Sladdi?s hub every now & then, and I only share the highest quality SHNs/APEs of shows that I have.? I?m sure a few of you guys on these message boards might have some of that stuff.

Something else I?ve done?? Hmm, let?s see, I flew to fucking England last summer and filmed Leeds festival.? What did I do when I got back?? I encoded the concert to VCD and put it on Sladdi?s hub, FOR FREE.? ? Did I sell it on eBay, as some people would have?? NO I didn?t, because it?s not my fucking music.

The intelligent? people reading this will know who the bullshitters are.

John
GNRontour.com

John
GNRontour.com

John
GNRontour.com
jordan23
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:15:34 PM »

hola,i am not 37.... don't make me any older than i am...i wasn't even looking for a response from you cause i already know the truth.i just wanted will to know that they shouldn't close a post just because somebody rags on you,it's not fair...as soon as somebody rags on anybody else they don't close the post,i mean what the fuck john ain't nobody.i still have not gotten a thank you from john and you know what i'm talking about...
jordan23
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 02:19:48 PM »

btw,as far gn'r goes you are the man but act like a man and quit the bullshit.enjoy the stuff!!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »

btw,as far gn'r goes you are the man but act like a man and quit the bullshit.enjoy the stuff!!!!

haha arent you cromwell? If you are get a life and stop ripping people off, and making money off of stuff that you get for free.  Angry
jordan23
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »

what have i gotten for free? have you ever seen my list? i have like 300 gn'r dvd's,where in the world can you get that much shit for free??? please tell me so i can go get some more?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: