Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)  (Read 49904 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2005, 03:57:39 PM »

I'm  gonna have to be cautious here...from the sound of the interview, I'm going to assume that the music is done, the vocals are not...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2005, 04:01:05 PM »

Interview with Tommy in Minneapolis the week of Jan 20th said the tracklist had NOT been finalized-some vocal parts and mixes had to be done-pretty recent.
  New Tommy article: very interesting
? on: January 20, 2005, 04:36:06 AM ?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A very interesting one. They claim they spoke to tommy on the phone earlier
this week. Regarding GNR, tommy says they haven't yet decided which songs will finally make the album and that some vocal parts have yet to be added.

Positive note: it will be out before hell freezes over!!! 

Source:  http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/10681545.htm?1c
Old news, possible old interview too. Try again.  ok

madagas
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »

The interview was done the week of Jan 20th-that is about as recent as it can get. So everything is now finalized over the last ten days?? Get the fuck out of here. Tommy contradicts himself in every interview. The person who did the interview spoke with Tommy in Jan 05. Am I missing something here? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 04:07:34 PM by madagas » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2005, 04:24:32 PM »

Yeah, sure. The negative quote is true. The positive one is not. Cool!  Roll Eyes
You get the fuck out of here if all you can see is the negative side.

madagas
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »

I see both sides- which means I'll believe nothing until I get a release date from the record company and band management. ok
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2005, 04:42:43 PM »

Hmmm ok Tied-Up, apparently you do not understand what I was trying to say.  As a consumer what other way can I show my displeasure with a service?  Last time I checked Axl doesnt have a suggestions box laying around.  I am sure Axl will not suffer because of me but it is quite clear that you have never taken a business class in your life.  The best way to hurt some one whose service you are not pleased with is through their wallet.  I am sure Axl won't care but his record company will. 

As for me not 'seeing the whole picture' well please tell me what it is I dont see.  Obviously it sounds like you 'see it all' and can explain to me what my little problem is.  Again, until I hear otherwise what am I to believe?  I know there is supposedly another story behind it.  It has still not been told.  All we really know is that Axl did not make it for the first show of his tour (and I am sure you were so understanding when that happened) and he missed the Philly show.  Given his past history are you seriously going to believe that he had nothing to do with it? 

I do not care who Axl is doing it for.  If he was truly doing it for himself he would have never gone on tour.  The fact of the matter is that he wanted to share his music and that is why he went on tour.  The album wasnt even done yet.  See, in a business you have two people.  The supplier and the consumer.  He was supplying the music for ME and others, and we were paying to listen to it.  Axl can do it for himself all he wants, but even he knows if people dont fill the seats, buy the cd, or buy his (shitty) merchandise then he will not be able to stay in that mansion he has much longer. 

Haha and I love your comments about being an artist crack me up.  EVERYBODY wants their music to be listened to by the masses, I dont care what you say.  As an artist you want as many people to hear/see your work as possible.  I am sure you are more than happy playing at your local club for a few of your friends as you would playing at MSG for thousands of people who admire your art.  As an artist starting out that is one of your goals, and for you to deny that is just ridiculous. 

And for your comments about him not playing 'just to piss me off' it has become clear that you are an immature little baby who makes baseless arguments with nothing to back them up.  It is amazing just how ridiculous some of you are.  Its been said so many times, but I think some of you would take drink the Kool Aid if Axl told you to.  Plus I didnt have 3rd row for Philly, but I guess that was something else you read between the lines oh intelligent one!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2005, 04:45:22 PM »

The interview was done the week of Jan 20th-that is about as recent as it can get. So everything is now finalized over the last ten days?? Get the fuck out of here. Tommy contradicts himself in every interview. The person who did the interview spoke with Tommy in Jan 05. Am I missing something here?
Is it possible that maybe the writer misunderstood Tommy? I read tons of other interviews and stuff on this site and at times people like to say that the writer misinterpreted what was said...this could be the case....

I cant see Tommy changing his tune in such a short period of time. Whether you want to believe what he says or not is a different story but the fact that he has said a few different things recently tells me theres some kind of miscommunication on someones end.

We have Tommy actually talking. SO for now Im going to stick what he said on this past radio interview. Its from his mouth not from a writer.

Just because Tommy said he had only heard a select few songs doesnt mean he doesnt know about the other songs. Like some1 mentioned....he has probably heard the older songs. He wanted to catch up on the new stuff. Why go back and listen to a maddy, cd, etc when your pressed for time or just want to hear what was left and needed to be heard. so I think thats what thats about....

to my fellow gnr fans. I think its a good time to get hopeful but we all shouldnt be surprised if nothing panns out. Shocked no, but I woul dbe surprised if we dont have news and a single by march/april. If we dont then well......its gonna suck...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2005, 04:47:31 PM »

young gunner, that last paragraph shows that you have a good head on your shoulders
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

Roll Eyes The only one in the game who?s lost is YOU!
Is this the End of Days?
wave the wave's already set in motion...
I suppose he meant rather that line. hihi

Interview with Tommy in Minneapolis the week of Jan 20th said the tracklist had NOT been finalized-some vocal parts and mixes had to be done-pretty recent.
The interview article may be recent one but all the narrations? Notice that there are direct and indirect speeches.

What could possibly be left to finish on a record that has been at least, oh, a decade in the works? Some vocal parts and mixes, Stinson said, adding that once the band decides what songs make the final cut, GNR will, oh yes, tour.

Honestly, Can you certainly tell if he was talking about the past or the present from this bit? Or what the very question the interviewer asked him was. "Some vocal parts and mixes COULD be left to finish on a record" possibly? Only this paragraph has no Bloody quotation marks for Tommy?s words. Why that?
Aw, I?ve asked this  Aw many bloody times!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2005, 05:55:32 PM »

Adz, I believe Tommy said he heard the final mixes on around 6 songs-UH, YES! Having vocals down on all the tracks. Uh, possibly no. The interview was recent and he also stated they hadn't finalized the tracklist. My point being, that Axl, by most accounts-according to Tommy, is working on 30-35  songs for the Chinese Democracy recording sessions. He may not be done with all the vocals for all the songs. So before you decide to be a smartass, read the details of what Tommy said.

If I remember correctly, in a previous interview Tommy said that he was pressed for time during the listening session and mainly listened to the "stuff he hadn't heard before".  That may be why he only listened to 6 tracks or so...he'd heard the others in close to final, if not final, mix.  So he chose to listen to the stuff he hadn't heard before...

Anyone remember that interview and know where to find it??
Unfortunates do and go on a long long round the board trip. gasp-gasp, Here you are!

September 15th, 2004
"My two cents was very much like a cent and a half," he says. "It's like, all the stuff I heard was phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to listen to all of it, because I was pressed for time. But also I wanted to hear the things I hadn't heard yet. Some of the stuff had been done a while ago and hadn't changed much; I didn't really bother with that. But I wanted to hear all the new stuff and I heard about six things that I hadn't heard finished yet, that were really mind-blowing. A few of the songs are pretty epic in length, but that's always been GN'R's thing, hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly long album, but I think the six I heard are pretty epic. I mean they are just... fucking huge, you know [laughs]. I think pretty much all of us in the band have some songwriting credits on just about everything. The undertaking was pretty much a large collaboration between eight people, even a couple others who aren't around anymore, but maybe started with pieces of the old band or whatever. But yeah, there is probably a lot to go around with that one."

Wait a sec! how many songs did he hear then? I'm confused about the numbers again. confused

Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2005, 06:26:42 PM »

Dozens of tracks? Hmmm when I read this I was really hoping for a double album...but then Tommy said somewhere recently that the album won't be really long. Don't Matter! dozens sounds killer!

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2005, 06:33:27 PM »

Chinese Democracy Starts now !? ?Grin
   God, how many years have I been hearing this?

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2005, 06:44:55 PM »

Axl's not gonna let us down.  He is going to make sure this whole thing is as beautiful as we think it can be...

...oh man, I feel like I'm livin' in Jonestown!!!  Pass the kool-aid man!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2005, 06:56:25 PM »

Thats the spirit  Axl4Prez2004!

Axl will come through. I always thought no matter happenned in the past...Axl was and is loyal to those who look up to him...now bear in mind it may take decades. hihi

KoolAid! hehehe.

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2005, 07:35:05 PM »

Hmmm ok Tied-Up, apparently you do not understand what I was trying to say.? As a consumer what other way can I show my displeasure with a service?? Last time I checked Axl doesnt have a suggestions box laying around.? I am sure Axl will not suffer because of me but it is quite clear that you have never taken a business class in your life.? The best way to hurt some one whose service you are not pleased with is through their wallet.? I am sure Axl won't care but his record company will.?

As for me not 'seeing the whole picture' well please tell me what it is I dont see.? Obviously it sounds like you 'see it all' and can explain to me what my little problem is.? Again, until I hear otherwise what am I to believe?? I know there is supposedly another story behind it.? It has still not been told.? All we really know is that Axl did not make it for the first show of his tour (and I am sure you were so understanding when that happened) and he missed the Philly show.? Given his past history are you seriously going to believe that he had nothing to do with it??

I do not care who Axl is doing it for.? If he was truly doing it for himself he would have never gone on tour.? The fact of the matter is that he wanted to share his music and that is why he went on tour.? The album wasnt even done yet.? See, in a business you have two people.? The supplier and the consumer.? He was supplying the music for ME and others, and we were paying to listen to it.? Axl can do it for himself all he wants, but even he knows if people dont fill the seats, buy the cd, or buy his (shitty) merchandise then he will not be able to stay in that mansion he has much longer.?

Haha and I love your comments about being an artist crack me up.? EVERYBODY wants their music to be listened to by the masses, I dont care what you say.? As an artist you want as many people to hear/see your work as possible.? I am sure you are more than happy playing at your local club for a few of your friends as you would playing at MSG for thousands of people who admire your art.? As an artist starting out that is one of your goals, and for you to deny that is just ridiculous.?

And for your comments about him not playing 'just to piss me off' it has become clear that you are an immature little baby who makes baseless arguments with nothing to back them up.? It is amazing just how ridiculous some of you are.? Its been said so many times, but I think some of you would take drink the Kool Aid if Axl told you to.? Plus I didnt have 3rd row for Philly, but I guess that was something else you read between the lines oh intelligent one!

1) First off, the right way to "protest" is, as you stated, with  your wallet.  That's fine.  BUT, you also have to have the cajones to not "consume" the product AT ALL.  That means no downloading, no burning a friends copy, nothing.  That's strength of conviction right there.  To do otherwise is not only illegal, but a cop out, to boot.  The fact is...if you get poor service at a resturant, you don't go back...you DON'T dine and dash at some later date.

2) True "artists" don't do it for the money, the acclaim, or the fame.  Tied up is right about that....hence the widely used term "starving artist".  REAL artists (and we're not talking about Britney and Christina, nor half the commercialized walking, talking mannequins who dominate popular music today) DO, in fact, do it for the art.  If you're successful, on top of that...hey, all the better.  It's a nice validation of your work.  Picasso didn't paint just to pay the rent.  Warhol didn't create to pay the electric bill.  And Beethoven didn't compose just to put food on the table.  Now, is Axl in that category of "true artist".  I don't fucking know. Maybe, maybe not.  Debate away on that topic.

3) Vancouver was most definitely not ALL his fault.  Many might believe Axl is God, but I doubt he has much control over the weather.  Sure, maybe he should have flown out earlier, but, to be perfectly fair, it's not like the guy didn't TRY...he was on the fucking plane, for gods sake.

Philly, well....Philly is a mystery wrapped inside an enigma wrapped inside a riddle.  The fact we haven't heard a peep out of either side (CC or GNR) speaks volumes about the situation.  It wasn't a simply "no show"....there have been plenty of those and EVERY time the cause has "leaked" out.  Not this time.  Which means the reasons, themselves, have to do with business and "legalities".  Who's fault they may be is certainly up for debate, and I can certainly understand the animosity directed toward Uncle Axl.  By all mean, if you feel the need to hold him accountable and "punish" him by no longer being a consumer of any products he creates...hey, more power to ya.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2005, 07:36:40 PM »

Adz, I believe Tommy said he heard the final mixes on around 6 songs-UH, YES! Having vocals down on all the tracks. Uh, possibly no. The interview was recent and he also stated they hadn't finalized the tracklist. My point being, that Axl, by most accounts-according to Tommy, is working on 30-35? songs for the Chinese Democracy recording sessions. He may not be done with all the vocals for all the songs. So before you decide to be a smartass, read the details of what Tommy said.

If I remember correctly, in a previous interview Tommy said that he was pressed for time during the listening session and mainly listened to the "stuff he hadn't heard before".? That may be why he only listened to 6 tracks or so...he'd heard the others in close to final, if not final, mix.? So he chose to listen to the stuff he hadn't heard before...

Anyone remember that interview and know where to find it??
Unfortunates do and go on a long long round the board trip. gasp-gasp, Here you are!

September 15th, 2004
"My two cents was very much like a cent and a half," he says. "It's like, all the stuff I heard was phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to listen to all of it, because I was pressed for time. But also I wanted to hear the things I hadn't heard yet. Some of the stuff had been done a while ago and hadn't changed much; I didn't really bother with that. But I wanted to hear all the new stuff and I heard about six things that I hadn't heard finished yet, that were really mind-blowing. A few of the songs are pretty epic in length, but that's always been GN'R's thing, hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly long album, but I think the six I heard are pretty epic. I mean they are just... fucking huge, you know [laughs]. I think pretty much all of us in the band have some songwriting credits on just about everything. The undertaking was pretty much a large collaboration between eight people, even a couple others who aren't around anymore, but maybe started with pieces of the old band or whatever. But yeah, there is probably a lot to go around with that one."

Wait a sec! how many songs did he hear then? I'm confused about the numbers again. confused

thanks for the assist!! Smiley  I knew I read it somewhere!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jgfnsr
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »

It's always amazing (but understandable) how people here end up at one another's throats everytime some news comes out.  confused

Granted, the current GN'R fan waiting for the new album has put up with A LOT in recent years.  And it's easy to be both "positively-excited" and "negatively-sceptical" at the same time.

My opinion has always been that what Axl said at the Music Video Awards was, and remains, true...

We will see it - eventually.  Anyone who has ever doubted that has to concede that Axl Rose somehow has more power and influence than the company that is producing his record.

And Axl, obviously, was being honest.  "Soon" wasn't the word. 

But when you take everything together, especially since the end of the aborted tour, it certainly seems that the word is "sooner" as opposed to "later."

I think it's getting near the end and, even if he desperately wanted too, Mr. Rose couldn't keep Chinese Democracy under wraps for too much longer.

And thank God for that!

jgfnsr
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2005, 08:31:41 PM »

Seeing this pic of the Great Wall reminded me of something I thought of a while back.  Maybe it's already been discussed here?

I always thought it would be a cool place to shoot a music video for the new album.

For obvious reasons...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2005, 08:43:07 PM »

It would be a cool place to give a mega rock concert! headbanger 
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2005, 09:36:42 PM »

It would be a cool place to give a mega rock concert! headbanger?
yeah, bring it on guns headbanger

Oh Yeh! Its happening !
We are on the fucking verge of getting what we have waited so long for
wave true that,? ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: