Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  thenewguns.com - where you've never had to live in the past
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: thenewguns.com - where you've never had to live in the past  (Read 42702 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »

i dont know, but i heard theyre all dicks there?  Huh
I wouldn't use the word "All". rofl

I dont want to start up any shit, but here's my honest opinion on the site:

The name of this site fits it well. CB and rain are not kidding with the title 'thenewguns'. It is NOT the place to go if you have any interest in Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Sorum, Gilby,etc. I think the only ex member that is tolerated there is BH. Some people have actually been banned for bringing up old members. So if you have a big interest in the past, it is definitely not the place for you. But if you are interested in a site that is just about the new band, and you have no interest in hearing things about the new band being inferior, certain members suck,etc., then you should check out the site.

Even though I am banned there, I always liked the theme/skin on the site. Gives off a 'doom and gloom' vibe.

So in a nutshell, it is strictly a pro-new GNR site with a good download section. peace

badapple81
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »

Unfortunately due to much work and play, haven't had time to visit thenewguns lately.. one of my fave sites.

It's not that I like it because it's anti old band or anything.. it's just by making it strictly new guns only, you can actually go and enjoy having a chat about a show without it turning ugly and being ruined by dicks who put little anti-Axl remarks and enjoy a cheap shot anywhere they can  peace

Look fwd to returning to sometime soon  ok
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 09:11:58 PM »

I'm a dick.
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »

^deffinetly.  Angry
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 10:27:48 PM »

I'm a dick.

Ive been called worse then a dick  Grin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »

I wouldn't use the word "All". rofl

I dont want to start up any shit, but here's my honest opinion on the site:

The name of this site fits it well. CB and rain are not kidding with the title 'thenewguns'. It is NOT the place to go if you have any interest in Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Sorum, Gilby,etc. I think the only ex member that is tolerated there is BH. Some people have actually been banned for bringing up old members. So if you have a big interest in the past, it is definitely not the place for you. But if you are interested in a site that is just about the new band, and you have no interest in hearing things about the new band being inferior, certain members suck,etc., then you should check out the site.

Even though I am banned there, I always liked the theme/skin on the site. Gives off a 'doom and gloom' vibe.

So in a nutshell, it is strictly a pro-new GNR site with a good download section. peace

theres nothing wrong with having a board like that.    I love thenewguns.com, its one of the few places I can go without getting bashed because I like Robin Finck better than Slash.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »

theres nothing wrong with having a board like that.   
Where in my post did I say there was anything wrong with that? I think my post was a pretty damn good observation on the site, and even though I have had past problems with the admins there, both posted in this thread after I did and seen nothing wrong with what I said. I wasn't knocking the site. You are just reading things in my post that just aren't there. peace

Steel_Angel
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »

rainx is the shit.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 12:39:07 AM »

As those of you who visit our forum already know, we run contests from time to time where we give out GNR Concert DVD's. I'm not sure if it's a lot or anything, but we've mailed out over 50 DVD's throughout the last two years, and I plan to double that over the next 12 months.

Right now, we are running a contest for the Rock Am Ring DVD. This is our 4th contest, we've already given away 12 copies of Rock Am Ring from those contest. This contest only has one winner, however, most contest have 3 to 4 winners. We recently gave away 7 copies of GNROSAS's awesome UK Tour Dual Layer DVD.

http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1604

I hope to be able to say one day that I've mailed a GNR DVD to every single country that has internet access, so non-USA people are extra welcome to enter the contest.

EFISH
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 12:40:25 AM »

As those of you who visit our forum already know, we run contests from time to time where we give out GNR Concert DVD's. I'm not sure if it's a lot or anything, but we've mailed out over 50 DVD's throughout the last two years, and I plan to double that over the next 12 months.

Right now, we are running a contest for the Rock Am Ring DVD. This is our 4th contest, we've already given away 12 copies of Rock Am Ring from those contest. This contest only has one winner, however, most contest have 3 to 4 winners. We recently gave away 7 copies of GNROSAS's awesome UK Tour Dual Layer DVD.

I hope to be able to say one day that I've mailed a GNR DVD to every single country that has internet access, so non-USA people are extra welcome to enter the contest.

thanks so much dude.. u r awesome, u help out the fans so much beer
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 12:47:15 AM »

thanks so much dude.. u r awesome, u help out the fans so much beer

You're just saying that cuz you won a DVD!

Seriously though, it's not like a lot of people enter these contests. Like with the GNROSAS DVD, we had 65 entries I think, and there were 7 winners, so your odds of winning were like 1 in 9, which is pretty good.

The contests are really designed with fans who can't mass download in mind. I've been in that position before, totally depending on others to send me DVD's, so I know how it feels. Having broadband, a burner, and a post office, I think it's only natural for me to want to give back. It's nothing special, we do what we can.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 01:34:03 AM »

Are people who are banned from your forum allowed to enter? rofl

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 01:45:35 AM »

sorry james, banned members are ineligible for contests as of this time. However, plans are in the works to run some of these contests across many different boards @ the same time, so if you are banned from one you'd still be able to enter.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 02:31:43 AM »

I guess I should have cried for Stinson as well.... Tongue

I'll send you a post card...or are winning results on a post card not eligible. hihi

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:37 AM »

The site is a great site, holds a good place in my heart, and truth is , everyone there, are damn cool. Sharing is awesome! , as a proud banned moderator, I cant hate!. Just  not in me. BUT the commuinity is vast and more intertwined that people realise, so rock out on thenewguns, wherever, just rock. beer peace

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 05:19:31 PM »

The site is a great site, holds a good place in my heart, and truth is , everyone there, are damn cool. Sharing is awesome! , as a proud banned moderator, I cant hate!. Just? not in me. BUT the commuinity is vast and more intertwined that people realise, so rock out on thenewguns, wherever, just rock. beer peace

its a cool site

the only time youll get shouted at is if you start mentioning the old band in a big way
although for some reason theres a huge section of 1985-93 line-up downloads

everyone should check it out
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 11:42:04 PM »

The site is a great site, holds a good place in my heart, and truth is , everyone there, are damn cool. Sharing is awesome! , as a proud banned moderator, I cant hate!. Just  not in me. BUT the commuinity is vast and more intertwined that people realise, so rock out on thenewguns, wherever, just rock. beer peace

its a cool site

the only time youll get shouted at is if you start mentioning the old band in a big way
although for some reason theres a huge section of 1985-93 line-up downloads

everyone should check it out

cb and i really like gnr bootlegs Smiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »

It's a kick ass gnr site. Love people there and the funny shit we have... So, it's def a worth checking!

BTW, I guess it will be way bigger once the album comes out.. But I guess rx and cb can handle that! Smiley

beer

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 09:12:54 PM »

It's a kick ass gnr site. Love people there and the funny shit we have... So, it's def a worth checking!

BTW, I guess it will be way bigger once the album comes out.. But I guess rx and cb can handle that! Smiley

beer

once this album is out and the current lineup gets some more fans and some more love, this is really the one board where they can say

"we've supported this fucking band and only this band from day one"

ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 09:39:36 PM »

beer

once this album is out and the current lineup gets some more fans and some more love, this is really the one board where they can say

"we've supported this fucking band and only this band from day one"

ok

Yeah I love being able to say we supported this band from the begenning. We're not the "bandwagon" people.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: