Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279280 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »

Kendall Grove definititely has been exposed. No longer training with Tito hurts him also because tito knows how to train him and push him.  Kendall has been flat and horrible his last two fights.

Werdum looked dominant and very impressive.

BJ Penn: Fuck GSP and Anderson Silva. I take an in shape BJ Penn over anybody pound for pound.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »

I just heard Bock Lesnar will be fighting... Being a former wrestling fan, and a non UFC fan, i've GOTTA see this.... When is this fight gonna happen??
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2008, 10:18:30 PM »

Feb 2nd on PPV  starts at 10pm Eastern time

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2008, 01:12:37 PM »

Source: TheSun.co.uk

UK Newspaper The Sun is reporting that the UFC is pushing for Brock Lesnar to headline the company's next PPV event from London, England: UFC 86 in June.

UFC President Dana White recently confirmed that the June 14th show will take place from London?s O2 Arena.

Insider sources told The Sun that Lesnar is the man they want to headline the important London show because of the huge international popularity he generated from his WWE career. UFC is working hard to secure London as a bankable market and they know Lesnar will draw a lot of interest.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #444 on: January 28, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »

Just started getting into this. Anyone recommend some DVD's to watch or rent to get me acclimated? Any 'amazing' fights I should check out?

Planning on buying the PPV this weekend with Lesnar, used to be a big fan of his in WWE.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #445 on: January 29, 2008, 03:34:28 AM »

Just started getting into this. Anyone recommend some DVD's to watch or rent to get me acclimated? Any 'amazing' fights I should check out?

Planning on buying the PPV this weekend with Lesnar, used to be a big fan of his in WWE.

For recent years UFC 66, 57 & 52 are cards which are stacked from start to finish.

Outside of the UFC I'd recommend PRIDE 33 which for me was the best MMA Card of 2007 and had 2 fight of the year candidates in Wanderlai Silva vs Dan Henderson and Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi.

For earlier stuff look at the Pedro Rizzo vs Randy Couture battles and you can't go far wrong with Josh Barnett fights either.

For a good source of regular MMA from all the current promotions, sign up for the torrent site grabtheinfo.  Just remember to seed, they are kind of strict, I'm currently serving a week long ban.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2008, 03:52:37 AM »

A great fight to watch is Tito Ortiz vs Vitor Belfort, I can't remember which UFC it was, but it was great!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #447 on: January 29, 2008, 05:15:27 AM »

A great fight to watch is Tito Ortiz vs Vitor Belfort, I can't remember which UFC it was, but it was great!

it was UFC 51

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Lesnar tapped in 1:30 to a leg lock. 

So much for all that hype they put into it!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #449 on: February 03, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »

Alright, 1st ever post in UFC thread.  It aint my bag, but I had a question.  Isn't there some fake wrestling star who's gonna try to do real ultimate fighting?  Has this type of cross-ver happened before?  When is this taking place?  Just curious.

The closest I get to ultimate fighting is seeing Tito Ortiz on Celebrity Apprentice.   hihi

PS  wait a minute, Lesnar.  Bill213 said it.  Thanks.  Yeah, ya don't f with real ultimate fighters.   peace
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:22:48 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »

Brock did put up a good fight I thought, he had a nice take down and got some good shots in. Shame he got caught in that knee bar.

I know I'm new to the sport, but from what I saw for the 2 minutes or so, I think he's got a bright future ahead, if he doesn't walk away from it like he did the WWE.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »

Brock looked good but you could see the inexperience from how he left that leg open for Mir, hopefully he will improve before UFC 85

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »

Anyone who didnt watch the fight, really u need to before commenting.

Brock Lesnar is FOR REAL and not some fake wrestling guy. He is a 4 time Division I wrestling all american.

He beat the living shit out of Frank Mir for over a minute. Mir was overmatched and looked like a little kid.

Lesnar is inexperienced however and left his leg inside Mir's and got caught in a kneebar/heelhook and had to tap.

My Point is:

When Lesnar gets more experienced with Jiu Jitsu, he will be a dominant world champion.

Right now he would absolulely kill Tim Sylvia and any other striker in the UFC.

Frank Mir is one of the greatest JiuJitsu practictioners in the game and that saved his ass.

What also saved Mir's ass was the fact Lesnar got a point deducted and the fight stood back up cause Lesnar hit him in the back of the head inadvertently.

Had they not stood that back up, Lesnar would've won the fight cause he had him in side control and was absolutely hammering him.

So its not like Lesnar got dominated. He is the one who dominated and beat himself making a mistake that Mir capitalized on.

Lesnar will be a world champion.

The guy looked amazing in there.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

With more experience Brock is going to be a monster.

I truel think they should have not thrown him into a fight with a guy like Mir , for his first UFC fight . But Brock looks impressive yeah , he lost but he was kicking Mirs ass till he made a little fuck up which some one like Mir is going to take advantage of.

I was also impressed with how Brock handled the interview after with joe.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #454 on: February 03, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »

Anyone who didnt watch the fight, really u need to before commenting.

What also saved Mir's ass was the fact Lesnar got a point deducted and the fight stood back up cause Lesnar hit him in the back of the head inadvertently.

Had they not stood that back up, Lesnar would've won the fight cause he had him in side control and was absolutely hammering him.

question about that, on the broadcast they said something about a warning then Goldberg said "interesting..."

are they supposed to get warned first if they do that? then getn a point deducted? or is it right away?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #455 on: February 03, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »

Yeah, u are suppose to get a warning. It happens in every fight just like Tito is the only fighter I've ever seen get penalized for grabbing the cage.

That has happened about 5 times since Tito did it and no point has been taken.

The point isnt what hurt Brock, the fact he had mir in a dominant position and was gonna stop the fight and had it stood back up is what killed brock.

If u are throwing a punch and a guy turns his head when u are in mid swing, its not intentional. if that were the case a guy could turn his head and u would never be able to hit them.

Lesnar will fight Sylvia next and will beat him down.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #456 on: February 03, 2008, 10:59:56 PM »

Lesnar is the next big waste of time.  He's not going to amount to crap in MMA.  Frank Mir would have taken him, it was just a matter of time before Brock made a stupid mistake. 

Now they'll feed him a bunch of chumps and build him back up again to make their money, then when the time comes for a caliber match up, Lesnar will go down again.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #457 on: February 04, 2008, 05:16:47 AM »

Lesnar is the next big waste of time.  He's not going to amount to crap in MMA.  Frank Mir would have taken him, it was just a matter of time before Brock made a stupid mistake. 

Now they'll feed him a bunch of chumps and build him back up again to make their money, then when the time comes for a caliber match up, Lesnar will go down again.

U have no clue as to what u are talkin about.  Mir ONLY won cause of Lesnar's mistake. If Lesnar doesn't make that mistake. He KO's Mir pretty fast. If the Ref didnt make that bullshit call and take the point and stand them up. Lesnar wins via stoppage right there.

Lesnar would destroy Tim Sylvia and a lot of other heavyweights who arent great like Mir.

People are treating this like Lesnar lost to some joke.

Frank Mir when healthy and in shape is still a top 3 heavyweight in the entire sport. Remember, a motorcycle crash cost him everything. now he is finally back.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #458 on: February 04, 2008, 06:31:35 AM »

If your Jiu-Jitsu sucks Mir will beat you, he's beaten a who's who and people with no ground game.  Problem is his cardio is awful.  Lesnar is a monster he's just green as hell.  I think what has annoyed people is Lesnar only showed what everyone already knew he had, we knew he'd have hellacious power and wrestling.  His inexperience cost him, he hit Mir, 3 TIMES in the back of the head, it's common sense on the ground to defend like Mir did it's like when Guys with good Jiu-Jitsu gives their backs, because they know they can defend a choke and the guy can't him them in the back of the head.  Biggest issue with Lesnar was he really did seem clueless with the submissions for someone who has been training for "2 Years".  He seemed to have the mentality that his power would win out and it didn't matter.  Don't forget before the submission he'd gifted his arm twice, like Mir said though, look at the size of those fucking arms hihi  Lesnar has all the tools to be great though.  It's kind of like in wrestling somebody being rushed up to the main roster and they have the potential but they just ain't ready.  He'd of been better fighting for a while outside of the UFC getting experience.  He'd totally own the entire of somewhere like Elite XC.  What works in his favour is the UFC Heavyweight Division is Horrendously bad.  As for the claims he could beat Tim Sylvia, I don't know.  What are we judging him off, this 1 minute 30 fight and his previous few second battle, he could have a questionable chin and if he does Sylvia will beat him no doubt.  You'd think he'd be fine with Heavyweights like Kongo and Herring, but if he faced Big Nog, Werdum or Gonzaga, on the ground it'd be same old story, they would submit him, I'm guessing UFC will get someone like Brad Imes for him next.  Word was Werdum would get the next Title Shot and I think now Mir has won this sets him up for his long awaited rematch with Sylvia, and I hope for the same result.

This is the UFC thread though we can't forget the rest of the card.  Nog just went to show, as always he can take a licking and keep on ticking, Sylvia suffered like Lesnar from being awful on the ground, there's a reason this is called Mixed Martial Arts (On a side note, after all the negativity towards PRIDE fighters, there are now 3 former fighters as Champions).  I was gutted by the result, I hate Sylvia but I'd put ?60 on him.  It wasn't a total bust thoughh cos I put ?10 on Mir hihi

Ricardo Almedia looked impressive in his comeback, I was super impressed that he held onto that Gullotine after the dude flipped over like that.

David Heath got P'Wnd.  It looked sick when he tossed into the fence, it should of been stopped straight away.

Marquadt really highlighted what a shit body Horn has, Horn looks so weak, his Jiu-Jitsu is still superb though, That Go-Go Plata attempt was beautiful.

Tyson Griffin had most boring fight on the night, quite a change around.

Overall superb card!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #459 on: February 04, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »

I cant believe Tyson Griffin was awarded all three rounds. Hell, I wouldn't have complained had he lost. I thought it was a closer fight than that.

David Heath getting thrown was one of the greatest things I've seen in awhile.

I wanna see Doestch or whatever the hell his name is fight Houston Alexander.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: