Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278390 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »

Well I'm a new fan of the UFC, Mainly because of Brock Lesnar...Curios to know everyones prediction for Saturday...I think Lesnar dominates him

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #561 on: November 12, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »

I never count out Randy Couture but I am a huge Brock Lesnar fan, I do like Randy also, but a year away from the cage, 45, giving up 75 pounds to a guy who is bigger, stronger,faster, quicker and just as good at what Randy does....

The only way u are beating Brock, is to do like Frank Mir and catch a leg lock. Maybe Randy will do that, but I can't see Randy knocking him out or winning the wrestling war.

A great big guy will beat a great little guy 95 percent of the time. 

Randy has NEVER fought anyone close to Brock. I hate how on the buildup shows, they talk about his experience and the big guys he has fought.

Tim Sylvia: No where the muscle, strength, speed, or athleticism, explosiveness etc

Gabe Gonzaga. no where the wrestler, and the above I just menitoned.

Brock has super heavyweight size and middleweight athleticism. Brock is even more athletic than someone like Dan Henderson.

I can't see Randy winning this fight to be honest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #562 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »

The only way u are beating Brock, is to do like Frank Mir and catch a leg lock. Maybe Randy will do that, but I can't see Randy knocking him out or winning the wrestling war.
I really doubt Randy will submit him, as for knocking him out, you never know, nobody has tested that chin yet, it's unlikely but he could have a James Thompson chin  hihi

I really want Randy to win, I don't like Brock one bit.  It's a test of experience and the ultimate game planner vs youth and power (overwhelming power).  Randy can't defy the odds forever and Brock is a f'n monster.  Sylvia like you said was no powerhouse, he was a lanky guy who worked on winning using his reach, in the power game he didn't have shit on Randy.  With Gonzaga, Randy breaking his nose really helped, a dude who has cardio problems with a broken nose, ha! not a chance.  Watching Couture fights though, over the years, he's looked at closing the distance, getting them in against the cage so they don't have room to move or execute their gameplans, he wears them down and ground and pounds them out.  How the fuck is he going to keep Brock up against the cage.

I want Randy to win but I'm saying Brock by TOTAL DOMINATION.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #563 on: November 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »

Josh Barnett is a great fighter, but Randy had all kinds of problems with him and Barnett is nowhere on Lesnar's level as far as physicality,quickness and all that.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #564 on: November 14, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

Well, possibly the most anticipated fight in UFC/MMA history is nearly upon us and I for one am totally excited about it!

I've been going back and forth on who I think will win, one minute its "Oh Randy's experience will do it for him" then next I'm like "But Brock is built like hell and a real powerhouse". I decided against betting on this one, for the sheer fact that I'm to split for a winner (also the prices are not that good)

My final decision is that I think Lesnar will win it, I really can't see this going all 5 rounds despite what alot of people think.

A pretty alright looking card aswell which I think people have neglected/forgot with all the hype being on Randy/Brock

Whats everyone else's predictions then?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #565 on: November 14, 2008, 07:29:18 PM »

Lesnar (Via Total Domination)
Ken Flo (Via Decision)
Maia (Via Submission)
McLovin (Via being f'n great!)
Gonzaga (Via TKO...Providing he doesn't gas)

Prelims: Gurgel gets pwn'd...again.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »

didn't get to buy the PPV, but apparently Brock TKO'd Couture!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2008, 01:07:28 AM »

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Brock is a fucking BEAST BABY! I can't see anybody beating him.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2008, 10:45:40 AM »

Fedor would have him for breakfast.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #569 on: November 16, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »

Fedor would have him for breakfast.

....and lunch and tea  Cheesy

I predicted all the correct winners....wahey!

What an event, we managed to see every fight as well, loved it!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #570 on: November 16, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

and we all know that D never gets a UFC prediction wrong  Tongue

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #571 on: November 16, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »

I didn't get that one wrong

Gnrfan if u saw my UFC fantasy stats, I finish in the top 100 every show out of 20k people. So i do pretty damn good usually ok

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #572 on: November 17, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »

broke is getting better , but he still has some work to do on his game.

all in all the fights were good.

that one knockout was awesome. that was a fucking uppercut from hell. then that Dustin( I think it was the guys name.) submission was insane.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #573 on: November 17, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:44:56 PM by D » Logged

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #574 on: November 20, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »

Jon Fitch & Christian Wellisch released from UFC!
Former number one UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch was today handed his walking papers for refusing to sign an agreement that would give the promotion exclusive lifetime video game rights to his name and likeness, MMAmania.com can exclusively confirm.

Christian Wellisch ? who also didn?t ink the paperwork ? was also released. Others who do not sign the agreement could also be let go in the future.

Fitch and members of his camp were not immediately available for comment on the startling development.

While the full details are a little murky at this time, Fitch was apparently approached about the issue when he turned in his signed bout agreement to fight Akihiro Gono at UFC 94: ?St. Pierre vs. Penn 2″ on January 31. And when he and his representatives attempted to negotiate the video game deal it was all or nothing.

He didn?t sign it and was terminated shortly therefafter.

Fitch ? who is tied with Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva for the most consecutive wins in UFC history (eight) ? recently lost a unanimous decision to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 87: ?Seek and Destroy? on August 9.

The former Purdue University wrestler just returned from a trip to Thailand to refine his Muay Thai and stand up skills. For the time being he may have to now put those skills to the test outside the Octagon for the first time since 2006.

He?s among the top 170-pound fighters in the world and should land on his feet sooner rather than later. Talk about a big loss for the UFC ? and Jon Fitch

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2008, 07:00:27 AM »

Jon Fitch & Christian Wellisch released from UFC!
Former number one UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch was today handed his walking papers for refusing to sign an agreement that would give the promotion exclusive lifetime video game rights to his name and likeness, MMAmania.com can exclusively confirm.

Christian Wellisch ? who also didn?t ink the paperwork ? was also released. Others who do not sign the agreement could also be let go in the future.

Fitch and members of his camp were not immediately available for comment on the startling development.

While the full details are a little murky at this time, Fitch was apparently approached about the issue when he turned in his signed bout agreement to fight Akihiro Gono at UFC 94: ?St. Pierre vs. Penn 2″ on January 31. And when he and his representatives attempted to negotiate the video game deal it was all or nothing.

He didn?t sign it and was terminated shortly therefafter.

Fitch ? who is tied with Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva for the most consecutive wins in UFC history (eight) ? recently lost a unanimous decision to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 87: ?Seek and Destroy? on August 9.

The former Purdue University wrestler just returned from a trip to Thailand to refine his Muay Thai and stand up skills. For the time being he may have to now put those skills to the test outside the Octagon for the first time since 2006.

He?s among the top 170-pound fighters in the world and should land on his feet sooner rather than later. Talk about a big loss for the UFC ? and Jon Fitch

After a tumultuous 24 hours, during which he was abruptly terminated, former number one contender Jon Fitch is back on the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) roster after a discussion with Zuffa co-owner Lorenzo Feritta.

MMAmania.com spoke to Fitch, who described the conversation as, ?good, really good.?

He also added this via MMARated.com shortly after getting the good news:

?Communication kind of broke down with Dana (White) so we talked with Lorenzo. (I) just got off the phone with him and we came to an agreement. We?re going to move ahead and I?ll be back in the UFC. We?re going to sign off on the video game and I?m back. It was never even about the agreement or the contract. It was the approach that we felt Dana was being a little bit hot-headed and was threatening us right off the bat. It didn?t seem like a professional way of doing things.?

White and the management team at Zinkin Entertainment, which represents several of the fighters who train at American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) where Fitch is stationed, had an explosive falling out over business-related agreements just yesterday.

In short, White made it clear that the fighters at AKA needed to sign a video game agreement that would give the promotion exclusive lifetime rights to their likenesses or risk losing their jobs. It was the ?your either with us or your not approach.?

So when Fitch?s management team attempted to negotiate the terms, which were nonnegotiable, White escalated the situation and cut ties with the camp, terminating the promotional contracts of Fitch and stablemate, Christian Wellisch, shortly thereafter.

The move sent shockwaves through the entire mixed martial arts community, which was made more alarming when the president of the company indicated that others could be next who did not want to be ?partners.? He indicated that the AKA contingent was historically the most troublesome when it came to the business side of things and that, essentially, he no longer wanted to work with them ? and their fighters.

That included Fitch, who is tied with Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva for the most consecutive wins in UFC history (eight). He even just recently lost a gutsy unanimous decision to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 87: ?Seek and Destroy? on August 9.

The message was clear: No one (at AKA, anyway) was safe.

Fitch today took to the airwaves to please his side of the story, saying that his management team, in fact, eventually encouraged him to sign the the deal. But based on the way he was treated and the way the situation was handled, Fitch stood his ground and worked to find a solution to a situation that probably should have never happened.

That solution, of course, was Lorenzo Fertitta. He spoke with Feritta directly (he never spoke to White throughout the ordeal) to hammer out a resolution.

He signed the video game agreement and was reinstated shortly thereafter. In fact, he is once again scheduled to fight Akihiro Gono at UFC 94: ?St. Pierre vs Penn 2″ on January 31 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

So in the end, cooler heads did indeed prevail. Now the focus can hopefully shift to what is really important, which is fighting ? inside the Octagon.

THQ ? the acclaimed video game development company ? is scheduled to release ?Undisputed? sometime in early 2009.

Put simply, he went over Dana's head and got his job back  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:25 PM »

Sickest. Fight. Night. Ever.

Hugely welted forehead, spaghetti leg, snapped arm and a sweet knockout plus a pretty sweet opening fight made for a solid nights entertainment, although I had to download the spaghetti leg incident.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #577 on: December 18, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »

Justin Levens & his wife have been found dead from gun wounds, its being treated as murder/suicide.

Sounds scarily familiar Undecided

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #578 on: December 18, 2008, 08:24:54 AM »

Bah! Before they even try to blame drugs, the sport or anything of the sort, it seems to be the in thing for people killing themselves to take others with them, I've lost count of the amount of times this year I've read about fathers taking their kids with them, it's fucked up but not really relevant and the dudes been out of the UFC for years.

On a more positive note, can't wait for UFC 92 what a stacked card, I just hope it lives up to expectations.

Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout:  Forrest Griffin vs.  Rashad Evans
Interim Heavyweight Championship bout:  Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira vs.  Frank Mir
Light Heavyweight bout:  Quinton Jackson vs.  Wanderlei Silva
Middleweight bout:  C.B. Dollaway vs.  Mike Massenzio
Heavyweight bout:  Cheick Kongo vs.  Mustafa Al Turk

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout:  Yushin Okami vs.  Dean Lister
Heavyweight bout:  Antoni Hardonk vs.  Mike Wessel
Light Heavyweight bout:  Matt Hamill vs.  Reese Andy
Welterweight bout:  Brad Blackburn vs.  Ryo Chonan
Heavyweight bout:  Dan Evensen vs.  Patrick Barry

Only thing I wish is that they'd kept Lister vs Okami on the Main Card, it's not far removed from being a #1 Contender match, especially if Okami wins as before he got injured he was meant to be getting a shot anyway, I'd love to see Lister win though, I guess they thought they'd go with the more well known C.B. Dollaway on the Main Card instead  no  Also great to see former Cage Rage Champion and Brit, Al Turk make his debut and on the Main Card no less, also another Prelim I look forward to is Chonan's fight, always enjoyed the dude in PRIDE.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #579 on: December 21, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

Forrest vs Rashad is gonna be intense. I got Forrest by a close decision
Rampage is gonna avenge everything and beat Wanderlei Silva. Silva has ZERO takedown defense and I think Rampage will change up his gameplan and get some takedowns.

Frank Mir is gonna beat NOG. I am for Mir and I know it all depends on what shape he comes into the fight in.  I don't think NOG will be able to fall behind and bail himself out with a submission

NOG easily and probably should be 0-2 in the UFC as he was finished in the Herring fight and Sylvia was dominating him.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: