Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278393 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #580 on: December 23, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »

Frank Mir is gonna beat NOG. I am for Mir and I know it all depends on what shape he comes into the fight in.  I don't think NOG will be able to fall behind and bail himself out with a submission

Wow, I wholeheartedly disagree! I really don't see any aspect where Mir excels over Nog. Neither striking or grappling. I just can't see Mir winning the fight, no way...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #581 on: December 23, 2008, 05:29:07 AM »

Frank Mir is gonna beat NOG. I am for Mir and I know it all depends on what shape he comes into the fight in.  I don't think NOG will be able to fall behind and bail himself out with a submission

Wow, I wholeheartedly disagree! I really don't see any aspect where Mir excels over Nog. Neither striking or grappling. I just can't see Mir winning the fight, no way...

Yeah, Mir is one of my all time favorite fighters, so i could be wishful thinking. I just want Mir to finally fight like he use to before the motorcycle crash. He was on track to being one of the best ever

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #582 on: December 23, 2008, 06:31:33 AM »

Me neither. Then again, this is MMA and anything can happen. I just dont see Mir beating Nog on the ground. I dont see Nog being stopped by strikes either. So unless Mir goes for multiple take downs to win the rounds and then gets up, to get the decision, I cant see Mir doing it. And its 5 rounds. Mirs cardio will always be an issue.

Nog to win.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #583 on: December 23, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »

Hey if Nougeria can take that Bob Sapp and be pounded on as hard as he was, I think he wins fairly easily over Mir

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #584 on: December 28, 2008, 02:52:07 AM »

FRANK MIR!!!

I am so fucking happy right now. I got goosebumps watching this fight.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #585 on: December 28, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »

FRANK MIR!!!

I am so fucking happy right now. I got goosebumps watching this fight.

Me to.

Was an emotional f'n journey, great to see!

Superb Card overall!
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #586 on: December 28, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »

That was a great card.  Every fight on the main card was good.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #587 on: January 06, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

Mir vs. Nog was a bit disappointing for me... Not just because "the good guy" lost, but because Nog gave such a lackluster performance. I guess the guy's getting old? I was expecting to see some awesome BJJ by both fighters, but Mir wasn't having any of it. Well, good job by Mir anyway. Man I hope he beats Lesnar (again).

It was interesting by the way to hear Mir's comments after the fight, saying that even he didn't believe he'd win, and that he's never been so scared entering the ring as he was when facing Nog.

I was in Miami during the event, so for once I got to see the PPV live at a bar, that was pretty cool!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #588 on: January 06, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

I guess the guy's getting old?
Well he is in "battle" years, and possibly so is Wanderlai.  I'm still reserving judgment though until they start losing to bad fighters, I hear James Irvin is calling Wandy out,  hihi now a loss like that would make me question whether he still has it.

Any ideas what UFC should do for UFC 100?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #589 on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »

I've been wandering that myself the past few weeks. I think every fight should be of a reasonally high calabre with say 2-3 title fights if possible.

UFC 95 is shaping up good althougn no main event calabre matches announced thus far but any card feturing the likes of Koscheck, Maia, Sonnen, Stevenson, Marquardt & Hardy should be canny.

UFC 97 should be good with Lesnar vs Mir & Silva vs Leites and also Hughes vs Serra.

Coutures next fight is said to be against Nog!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #590 on: January 07, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »

Any ideas what UFC should do for UFC 100?

In addition to one or two good title bouts, it would be cool to see one old skool match, like Frank Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie or something. (Don't know if Gracie is even allowed to fight after been caught using steroids, though.) Anderson Silva fighting someone like Chuck Liddell or another 205er would be great as well.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #591 on: January 07, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

i would like to see Ken Shamrock vs Tank Abbott which we never got to see

Dan Severn vs Oleg Taktarov

Tito Ortiz vs Frank Shamrock in a one fight only match

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »

I was wondering if you guys could help me out, I was wanting to compile a UFC Bloodbath DVD and I'm just trying to think of some of the bloodiest fights, this is what I've got so far:

UFC 80: BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson
UFC 74: Renato Sobral vs David Heath
UFC 70: Michael Bisping vs Elvis Sinosic
UFC 64: Sean Sherk vs Kenny Florian
UFC 61: Joe Stevenson vs Yves Edwards
UFC 53: Rich Franklin vs Evan Tanner
TUF4: Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray
UFC 5: Dan Severn vs Oleg Taktarov

Only others coming to mind at this moment in time are Mir's losses to Freeman and Cruz but I've just made a career DVD for him so I don't really wanna re-use his fights.

Cheers  ok
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »

A few I'd say are:

UFC 74: Couture vs Gonzaga
UFC 76: Jardine vs Liddell
UF 4: Dewees vs Ray

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »

Tito vs Ken shamrock 1 wasn't super bloody but Ken's face looked ridiculous

Don't forget the fight with Marvin Eastman........... can't remember who he fought but he got the nastiest cut in MMA history

Bonnar/Griffin 1

Josh Koshcheck  vs Chris Lytle bloody as hell, I actually feared for Lytle's life.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #595 on: January 17, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »

UFC 93 was pretty poor.  After such a superb run of events we were due a poor event.

Marcus Davis vs Chris Lytle was TOO hyped up.  All this whoever takes it down to the ground is a pussy comments and we want to do a Bonnar/Griffin, you put that much pressure on it's bound to seem a bit lackluster, it was solid but nothing that special, Davis basically showed how his technical skills squeezed out Lytle's "I'm a brawler I'll dive in and keep my head down" tactics. 

Denis Kang fucked up, he controlled Alan Belcher for close to 2 rounds, gassed and got caught.  Belcher is nothing special and to say that he is 2 fights off a title shot, give me a break!

Jeremy Horn continued to look old and tired, but credit where it's due, he put in a spirited performance in a fight Palhares should have finished, once again, a bit dull.

Coleman vs Shogun was one I was amped up for.  I saw it going two ways.  Coleman pulls off a fluke win via "A punchers chance" and the legend reigns once again, or more realistically, Shogun demolishes him in emphatic style, unfortunately we got neither.  When Coleman arrived in the cage and started circling round it he looked to be moving slowly, so even before the fight started I wasn't optimistic as far as his chances were concerned.  Coleman gassed very quickly and Shogun got some good shots in before gassing himself, Coleman was so far gone all Shogun had to do was suck it up and finish him off, the fight seemed to be going in slow motion, Coleman in his exhausted state even got top position and if he'd had some energy and speed like he used to he would have easilly finished.  Ultimately a tired Coleman was finished by a tired Shogun with a nifty combination, highlighted by a sweet uppercut, it was crap though, utter crap, both guys looked awful.  Coleman asked for a rubber match, well if Dana White has any sense he'll tell Coleman, sorry, you HAVE to retire, as for Shogun, he needs to sort his shit out, that was not the old Shogun!

The Main Event was...."Alright", some nice strikes by Franklin, Henderson's usual lay and pray, but overall it was all a bit "meh", and like nearly everyone had predicted it went the distance, and one judge was clearly round the twist giving Franklin the fight 30-27, thankfully the other two were spot on, 29-28.

Oh well, I'm sure UFC 94 will be better.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #596 on: January 18, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »

^Pretty much agree with everything Hammy said up there. I was also waiting for Shogun to demolish Coleman in glorious comeback, but the whole fight was just ridiculous. Running in slow motion, indeed. I can't deny that the upcoming Shogun vs. Liddell is still an interesting fight, though...

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #597 on: January 18, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »

^Pretty much agree with everything Hammy said up there. I was also waiting for Shogun to demolish Coleman in glorious comeback, but the whole fight was just ridiculous. Running in slow motion, indeed. I can't deny that the upcoming Shogun vs. Liddell is still an interesting fight, though...
It's damn interesting, because he really will need to step his game up.

I rewatched the fight today, and although it's no excuse, I think what tired Shogun is having to deal with Coleman's weight and power, Coleman got a lot of takedowns and trying to push a guy that size off you takes it's toll, but then that goes back to an issue he has always had....very little takedown defense.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #598 on: January 18, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

Rampage vs Jardine at UFC 96 has also been announced, should be a good fight.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »

my MMA forum has a team at mmaplayground.com

we are in first place and guess who is number 1 on the team?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked 9 out of 10 fights correct.

only one I lost was Kang

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: