Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278378 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

St. Pierre vs Leites
If ever anyone had their mind on 2 title fights at once, I think this is a perfect example.... War MiddleWelterweights!  Cool

Balls, was watching UFC 85 when I was typing that during Leites/Marquardt.  hihi ....would be a great fight though haha.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

St. Pierre vs Leites
If ever anyone had their mind on 2 title fights at once, I think this is a perfect example.... War MiddleWelterweights!  Cool

Balls, was watching UFC 85 when I was typing that during Leites/Marquardt.  hihi ....would be a great fight though haha.
The Piledriver fight where Leites got his ass kicked but won because of a couple of fouls, one very questionable....Stupid that the title contender is barely a top 10 in the division.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #622 on: March 24, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma;_ylt=AnaN4k5lj0ZTq1_Q0bYHYTlXEo14

My tito mancrush got on the front page of Yahoo MMA

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #623 on: April 28, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »

Superfight alert!

UFC 101

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin at Light heavyweight!

drool

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »

^ That should be WOWzatastic.

I've probably mentioned this before but I forget.  Does anyone else think Zuffa/UFC should take advantage of the all the video footage they own and release career packs.

I mean you could but guys entire careers on to 3 Disc sets and interview them much like they do for the Countdown shows, and even their past opponents.  For guys like Randy Couture this would be amazing.  I mean theres a lot of UFC events where only one or two fights are decent and you don't want the PPV, career DVDs like this though would be a joy to watch.

They could even do "Title" DVDs, showcasing the history of a belt and all the matches over it.

I just think with how they have taken off, merely releasing Knockouts/Best of Fight Night/Best of the Year besides the PPV DVDs they are missing out.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »

I agree there missing out on some serious cash. I think they're gonna start doing it soon though, I'm sure Dana said so in a recent interview. They've already brought out the Liddell set which I think they capitalised on.

A Rampage 3-disc set would be awesome, combination of Pride/UFC fights would be insane.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #626 on: May 19, 2009, 06:36:30 AM »

He's baaaack!  Talk about feeding him an easy fight to ease him back in, if he doesn't win by demolishing his opponent he'll be off again, I wonder how much cheaper he is this time around.  I also question whats changed, in his absence he has been fed a few fights and his only credible one, against Overeem was stopped due to low blows, although Overeem was totally dominating, I'd live Overeem in the UFC, I doubt he could pass a drugs test though.

Pride FC 2006 Open Weight Grand Prix winner Mirko ?Cro Cop? Filipovic (24-6-2) ? who is on a speedy recovery from knee surgery following his technical knockout win over Hong Man Choi at Field?s Dynamite!! on New Year?s Eve ? announced a possible return to the UFC this afternoon against Mustapha Al-Turk on June 13 from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany.

From the Croat?s official blog:

I decided to fight in the UFC again, because of the stronger competition in the heavyweight division. My next opponent will be Mustapha Al-Turk. I didn?t do well in my first three appearances - I wasn?t myself. By returning to the cage I want to prove that I can still fight at highest level, no matter when or where. It?s hard to talk about concrete plans, but I would really like to fight at least three times this year. I wish to fight against quality opponents and to fight my way up to a title shot but for now, I?ll focus only on my next fight and after that we?ll see what?s going to be on the menu next. I want to say thank you Mr. Dana White for your interest and for an invitation back to the UFC. I owe you a lot from our first deal, and I?ll make it up to you.

The Croatian striker had fallen on hard times since his tournament-winning performance over two years ago, losing two of five fights and looking listless in the process. He started things off with a bang, stopping Eddie Sanchez in his UFC debut, but a highlight reel knockout loss to Gabriel Gonzaga and a rib-crushing defeat to Cheick Kongo put his UFC career on ice.

Cro Cop vowed to one day return and finish what he started (and few believed him). Now he looks to make good on that promise with one last run at heavyweight glory.

After two wins in Dream (and a no contest with bitter rival Alistair Overeem), the former Croatian Cop elected to have knee surgery to correct a nagging injury and now declares that he is free of the physical and mental distractions that have plagued him over the past few years.

And a dominating performance over Al-Turk would go a long way to prove it.

Al Turk ? who was originally slated to face undefeated American Top Team (ATT) heavyweight Todd Duffee, fights out of the famous London Shoot gym in the United Kingdom.

He came up short in his debut against Cheick Kongo at UFC 92 after a successful run in Europe on the Cage Rage circuit. In fact, he has six wins in seven attempts for the promotion and was riding a two-fight win streak before getting dismantled at ?The Ultimate 2008″.

He is a pretty well-rounded fighter with serviceable boxing and solid grappling skills -? good enough to earn him the British Cage Rage heavyweight title.

UFC 99 will be headlined by former middleweight champion Rich ?Ace? Franklin taking on ex-PRIDE smashing machine Wanderlei Silva in his middleweight debut. Heath Herring and Cain Velasquez as well as Mike Swick and Ben Saunders are also expected to hook ?em up.

Who else has been watching TUF this season?  Its been the best season in ages, really entertaining fights and so far they have cut back on the shit in the house, and just kept it to nice little snippets which I prefer, when it got to people in others seasons pissing on each others food and putting other bodily fluids in there it just got dumb and didn't do the sport any favours.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »

TUF has been great, some really nice brawls aswell. The two nations idea has given the show such a boost, one which its been needing for awhile. Who does everyone want to win? For me its gotta be Ross Pearson, he is damn impressive and gives it his all plus he was in my brothers class at school! Tongue

About Overeem. Would love to see him in UFC. If you watch Dana White's UFC youtube blog from UFC 93, Overeem comes over to Dana and Dana says their trying to sign him.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »

About Overeem. Would love to see him in UFC. If you watch Dana White's UFC youtube blog from UFC 93, Overeem comes over to Dana and Dana says their trying to sign him.
Yeah and off camera Overeem says, "Dude, do you drug test?"  Tongue

I'd like Jeff Lawson to win.  As a guy brought up on Judo, having a 3rd Dan like him on is great and back in the day I saw his best mate in a fair few competitions, supposedly I saw him to but I don't remember.  And this isn't just because I'm a UK person, but the US guys have looked liked dicks, whether its been done on purpose with the editing or whether they just are, most of them have not come across well.  Especially DaMarques and Cameron, I can see Damarques winning the 170s and Lawson the 155s, maybe, depending on what his stand-ups like because I don't have a clue about how good he is at striking....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #629 on: May 19, 2009, 07:34:21 PM »

Yeah the Americans are not looking the best of people on the show, except Jason Dent who has even stood up for the United Kingdom team.

Cameron Dollar seems just so unstable, one minute he's confident and cocky then next he's crying and afraid.

Gotta say I do quite like Jeff Lawson, saw him on Cage Rage before and was impressed but being from Sunderland like him I can't seem to root for anyone but Pearson should it come to the final.

P.S Ross Pearson actually walked past me at the local cinema last week, just goes to show how long ago the show is recorded.  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #630 on: May 22, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

UFC 98 Predictions:

Machida via Unanimous Decision
Serra by TKO
Professor X via Submission
Miller via Submission
Sherk via Unanimous Decision
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #631 on: May 22, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »

Matt Serra will not beat Matt Hughes, I guarantee u that

Machida UD
Hughes UD

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #632 on: May 22, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »

Matt Serra will not beat Matt Hughes, I guarantee u that
I know, common sense says Hughes but I have this funny feeling...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #633 on: May 22, 2009, 06:04:58 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I HATEEEEEEEEE Matt Hughes.

I'd love for Serra to pummel his ass. I just see Hughes dry humping him for 3 rounds. Serra has no Takedown D.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #634 on: May 22, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

Maybe its more wishful thinking, if Serra is to win he needs to catch him early, but Serra has heavy hands and I can see Hughes getting cocky and trying some boxing with him, on the countdown show he was saying how he had good striking, if he makes that mistake he is fucked.  If this and the Main Event go as "Expected" this one could be a snoozefest.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #635 on: May 22, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

Not a huge fan of either fighter but I think Serra will pretty much destroy him to the state where you kinda feel sorry for him ala Chuck/Shogun.

Anybody played the ufc game? It is excellent!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #636 on: May 24, 2009, 04:46:50 AM »

i have it. been playing it online for a while. if you want to fight then hit me up on the 360. tag is slash310
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #637 on: May 24, 2009, 03:12:21 PM »

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #638 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »

?I?ve been training hard with [Ernest ?The Cat? Miller] and I feel confident that I know what his weaknesses are, and how I can exploit them should we meet in the cage. In my past fights I relied on my wrestling too much and it showed. Now I know that the key is good cardio and a sound stand up game, which I have now. I don?t think Machida has faced a wrestler of my caliber before and I think stylistically I match up with him perfectly?

rofl

Edit: That's a Mark Coleman quote by the way...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:33:13 AM by Hammy » Logged
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »

^Actually he denied having ever said any of that stuff:
"When asked to confirm the quotes, Coleman told ESPN.com via e-mail that the comments ?must be a joke. I know the ?Cat? but have never trained with him. I personally thought Machida was great. I didn?t see any holes. He will be difficult to beat by anyone. But I sure would give it a try.? "

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: