Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279871 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #640 on: May 28, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

Haha, that's a shame, that really amused me.  If by some miracle Coleman had got past Bonnar I was hoping we would see him call out Machida, I'm slightly gutted its a prelim, I know both guys are coming in off defeats, but its Mark friggin' Coleman, he may be past it but he's still a draw and you KNOW the fight will be entertaining (probably in a car crash way).
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #641 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:27 PM »

^ You mean in a gas-out in 2 minutes kind of way? hihi

Good news, Frank Trigg has signed a multi-fight deal with UFC! The hype-machine has returned! I think a fight against Hughes would be a good one for his first back and would get him some revenge.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #642 on: May 29, 2009, 12:59:48 AM »

Rampage turned down a title shot to coach TUF 10 with Rashad and will fight Rashad in Dec

so who is fighting Machida for the title now?

I say Shogun

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #643 on: May 29, 2009, 07:59:32 AM »

I think Rampage wants more time to figure out how the heck he can beat Machida.

Looking at Sherdog's Top 10:

1. Lyoto Machida (15-0)
His style and stoicism made him one of MMA's most intriguing fighters. However, his brutal bashing of Rashad Evans to take the 205-pound mantle has affirmed him as one of the sport's best fighters. Better still, Machida will be afforded the chance to add another outstanding name to his resume in Quinton "Rampage" Jackson later this year.

2. Quinton Jackson (30-7)
The good news for "Rampage" is that he will be given a chance to regain his UFC light heavyweight title and 205-pound supremacy later this year. The bad news, of course, is that to do it, he must fight newly minted divisional ruler Lyoto Machida, who been untouchable in the Octagon thus far.

3. Rashad Evans (13-1-1)
In his first defense of the UFC light heavyweight title he took from Forrest Griffin in December, Rashad Evans was blown out by Lyoto Machida inside of nine minutes. Evans now must take his place in line in an ultra-competitive 205-pound division.

4. Forrest Griffin (16-5)
Coming off of a deflating loss to Rashad Evans in December, many fighters would've opted for a tune-up bout. Forrest Griffin initially was tabbed to meet Brazilian banger Thiago Silva at UFC 101. That was before Griffin decided that a bout with the sport's pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva sounded more appealing on Aug. 8.

5. Mauricio Rua (18-3)
Rua was in the middle of a career tailspin heading into his April 18 do-or-die bout with Chuck Liddell. However, 2005?s unanimous ?Fighter of the Year? turned in his best performance in recent memory. An in-shape and technically sound ?Shogun? stopped Liddell in the first round to get back on the light heavyweight map.

6. Luis Arthur Cane (10-1)
It was his toughest test to date, but ?Banha? showed poise in toughing out an entertaining decision in his April 18 bout with former WEC champion Steve Cantwell. It should be onward and upward for the hot prospect in the 205-pound division.

7. Wanderlei Silva (32-9-1, 1 NC)
While a move to the 185-pound division may be imminent, ?The Axe Murderer? will only slide partway down the scale for the time being. He will fight former middleweight champion Rich Franklin in a 195-pound catch-weight contest at UFC 99 on June 13 in Cologne, Germany.

8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (17-3)
It took Nogueira seven years and 20 fights to finally have a bout in his native Brazil. Fortunately, he made it a show for Fortaleza fans, as he took out Dutchman Dion Staring with a triangle choke on May 9.

9. Keith Jardine (14-5-1)
With his up-and-down performances, Jardine's place in the light heavyweight division has been hard to peg. However, "The Dean of Mean" will get the chance to prove where he stacks up when he takes on Brazilian brawler Thiago Silva at UFC 102 on Aug. 29.

10. Thiago Silva (13-1)
Coming off his brutal bashing at the hands of Lyoto Machida in January, Silva was expected to get back into the saddle against Forrest Griffin at UFC 101. Instead, Silva will be in action three weeks later at UFC 102, meeting Keith Jardine.

Rampage is pre-occupied with Evans who just got demolished.  Grffin is facing up with Anderson Silva.  So the rankings point to ShogunWandy is leaving the division, Jardine lost to Rampage, Thiago got demolished by Machida as well.  Luis Cane is a very good fighter, but he isn't that well known, the top brass always want to put in there most well known guys.  So looking at that its simple.  Shogun or Cane.  Based on past history, Shogun, but on recent form I would say Cane.  I would, as a Shogun fan, like to see him get time to gather some very decent momentum before Machida knocks his head off  Cheesy

As for Frank Trigg, when I read the article about him returning, it said at 170, which I thought was surprising since in his time away he has done a very good job of reinventing himself as a solid Middleweight fighter.  At Welterweight a fight with Hughes is tricky, I mean losing a 3rd time would look really bad, but going off recent performances, I think (and hope) Trigg can do it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2009, 06:46:03 AM »

Kimbo Slice signs with the UFC as a participant on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10

I guess Kevin Ferguson really wants to be an F-ing fighter after all.

?Kimbo Slice? has apparently inked a deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and will debut as a participant on the upcoming tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) according to Yahoo Sports.

Strikeforce recently passed on the contract of the former Elite XC heavyweight after the San Jose-based promotion purchased select Pro Elite assets following the company?s demise.

While there was some initial interest in his services, it was unrealistic to think they would pay him $500,000 (what he got paid for the Petruzelli fight) to bang with middle-of-the-road competition. In the end, the two sides could not find a common ground financially, and Slice officially became a free agent.

Anyone who would have predicted he?d end up on the Zuffa payroll would have gotten a visit from men in white coats at 3am for a long ride in the paddywagon ? especially after all the disparaging remarks UFC President Dana White has made regarding the former street fighter and YouTube sensation.

However under all the insults and potshots, one thing White did promise was that Slice could join the UFC ranks if he fought his way into the cage via a stint on The Ultimate Fighter, White?s proving ground for up-and-coming talent looking to make it big.

Here?s a snip from the prez during the UFC 90 post-fight presser:

?What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don?t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won?t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won?t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].?

I guess Ferguson took that as a challenge, as the bearded bruiser is now set to debut on the Spike TV reality show on September 16.

Slice made his mark on the entertainment world by knocking out cans in Miami backyards. By airing the footage on YouTube.com, he became an overnight celebrity and was taken under the wing of promoter Gary Shaw.

He also enlisted the help of legendary mixed martial artist Bas Rutten as his head trainer and began training consistently for more than two years (Rutten and Ferguson have since parted ways). Kimbo?s first loss to Seth Petruzelli at Elite XC ?Heat? last October on National television quickly ended the Kimbo phenomenon and was likely the final nail in the coffin of Pro Elite.

It will be interesting to see how he responds in an environment full of hungry up-and-comers ? as well as to coaches Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson and ?Sugar? Rashad Evans, who will steer this ship come September.

The Ultimate Fighter 10 has been full of surprises. First Evans, then Jackson and now Ferguson. I guess we best prepare ourselves for some black on black (on black) crime.

This works perfectly for the UFC.  They will get great ratings with this guy, yet they aren't giving him a freeride and sugercoating a ride to the Main Event, he has got to prove he is good or he'll be crushed on this show.  Chances are he'll bomb out on the show but it'll be fun  Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

I think its weird how Dana called this dude a bum and now is sucking his dick

typical dana

one hand he wants to be entertainment, the other a real sport.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2009, 05:39:04 PM »

How is it in any way Dana sucking up? It's a win-win situation for UFC, if he gets put out early then Dana's point is proved but if he wins or gets to the semi's then the UFC have another bankable big rating guy in the roster. Dana always said the offer was on the table if he was serious about MMA but that he didn't expect much.

This will obviously be the highest rated TUF ever and will garner UFC more fans (just like the game just did). Hell imagine if Lashley took up Dana's offer aswell (Lashley said he would consider going that route), man the ratings would be through the roof!

Can anyone else see Kimbo trying to fight one of the coaches? I reckon they will stick him with Rampage, he would probably have more control over him.

Ah man I can't wait for this now!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #647 on: June 02, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »

Its just Dana, like he how disses Fedor only cause Fedor didn't sign with the UFC

if FEdor signed tomorrow he'd be hyping it as the greatest figher ever which he is.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #648 on: June 02, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »

...He would if he proved it, thats all he is asking.

He is giving props to Kimbo now for signing up for TUF, on the same pay as everyone else, I mean nobody expected him to have the balls to risk looking even worse than he got made to look in his last fight by possibly getting knocked out on the 1st episode.

And he realises this sport needs to be "Entertaining" to be popular rather than a niche sport, people want characters with their fighters, be it wrestling, boxing or mma.  Kimbo is an entertaining character and money, many promotors (like Elite XC did) would sign Kimbo and pay him a fortune and put him at the top of the card, this is being done in the best possible way.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #649 on: June 02, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »

I am going to watch and I like Kimbo

but I just hate Dana's typical attitude how everything sucks until they are involved with him and then they are awesome if they can make him money.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #650 on: June 02, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »

He is a dick in many instances, slating Fedor putting down his wins over Sylvia and Arlovski, but in the Kimbo case he has played it well.

I hope Kimbo wins his first fights, a season of his interactions with Rampage and the other fighters will be great, I'm sure soon will take the piss out of Kimbo.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #651 on: June 02, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

Regarding Fedor, he is speaking more positively of him nowadays:
?I would never cross-promote. Regarding Fedor, he either wants to come over and fight here or he doesn?t. If he came over and wanted to fight I?d do a deal with him in a minute. You know we?ve been chasing him since we bought Pride. In my opinion, I think it?s going to happen. He?d be crazy not to. I mean, why not? He?ll come over here and make a bunch of money and maybe even win the title and go down in history as the greatest heavyweight ever. The problem is it?s one thing for everyone to say it, I mean I can say, ?Brock is the greatest heavyweight ever? but they have got to fight. It?s the only way to find out. We can argue about it all day but in the end you just have got to get out there and fight.?

I hope Kimbo wins his first fights, a season of his interactions with Rampage and the other fighters will be great, I'm sure soon will take the piss out of Kimbo.
On TUF10 the 16 fighters will enter the house straight away without having to fight for a place first. So we're guarenteed a long while of Kimbo banter. Also more than likely UFC will leave his fight till towards the end of the first fights in order to maximise his exposure.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #652 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »

Don?t call it a comeback.

Former IFL Heavyweight Champion Roy ?Big Country? Nelson ? who once chose his protruberant belly over a UFC contract ? and former UFC fighter Wes Sims will join Kimbo Slice on the cast of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10, according to an MMAMadness.com report.

Nelson (13-4) is a former heavyweight champion of the now defunct IFL organization. The heavy handed hitter is known for both his knockout power and submission game. He will join the reality show coming off back-to-back losses against heavyweight contenders Jeff Monson and Andrei Arlovski.

?Big Country? should hold the advantage in the experience department over fellow cast members and will likely be viewed as the early favorite to win.

Sims (22-12) is an MMA veteran who stands 6′10″ ? he is among the tallest fighters in all of MMA who is known for his unorthodox fighting style. Sims trains out of Team Hammer House with the likes of Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman and Phil Baroni.

?The Project? last competed inside the Octagon against Mike Kyle at UFC 47, losing via first round knockout. He also picked up losses at UFC 43 and 46, both to Frank Mir. Sims also has a technical knockout loss courtesy of Tim ?The Maine-iac? Sylvia under the SuperBrawl banner for what its worth.

In addition to Slice, Sims and Nelson will join ex-NFL players Marcus Jones and Rex Richards, among others. It?s certainly shaping up to be one big season.

TUF 10 will feature a cast of all heavyweight fighters and will be coached by former light heavyweight champions Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson and Rashad ?Sugar? Evans. The show is set to premiere on Spike TV on September 16.

Now THAT'S a neat cast.  Cool
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »

I'd highly recommend everyone to watch the TUF9 Finale, awesome fights all over the place!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »

Absolutely  Sanchez/Guida was Bonnar/Griffin like

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #655 on: June 21, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »

Fuckin' A!  The last 3 fights rocked.  James Wilks shocked the fuck out of me, like most I thought he would get his ass kicked, that 1 round they had was excellent.  Chris Lytle as usual threw bombs for all 3 rounds and looked ace, and the Main Event, fuck Guida has a chin!  That was some good shit, I was with the 29-27 judge.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #656 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »

Billed as a "fight fan's dream event," the UFC's first-ever Fan Expo, scheduled for July 10 and 11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, will feature an astounding amount of current and former UFC, PRIDE and WEC fighters.

The organization today announced a list of more than 30 confirmed attendees ranging from Royce Gracie and Gary Goodridge to Junie Browning and Efrain Escudero.

Tickets are currently available for the event on the 2009 UFC Fan Expo's official website. Advance-purchase tickets are $30 for July 10, $35 for July 11 or $50 for a two-day pass.

Currently confirmed UFC fighters include UFC-Hall-of-Famers Gracie and Randy Couture, current light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and former champions Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Chuck Liddell, and Sean Sherk.

Current UFC contenders who will also be available at the expo include Browning, Steve Cantwell, Shane Carwin, Marcus Davis, Nate Diaz, Escudero, Kenny Florian, Goodridge, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Dustin Hazelett, Heath Herring, Keith Jardine, Anthony Johnson, Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck, Joe Lauzon, Nate Marquardt, Gray Maynard, Karo Parisyan, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Diego Sanchez, Wanderlei Silva and Mike Swick.

In addition to the UFC talent, the WEC will also be well-represented at the event with Jospeh Benavidez, Brian Bowles, Donald Cerrone, Urijah Faber, Leonard Garcia, Ben Henderson, Alex Karalexis and Jens Pulver confirmed for autograph signings throughout the weekend.

MMA icon Renzo Gracie will also attend the expo.

Held in conjunction with the historic UFC 100 on July 11, the 2009 UFC Fan Expo will feature "MMA demonstrations, fan-inspired special events, training and development sessions, and other exciting opportunities and entertainment" in addition to the meet-and-greet opportunities, according to the UFCBilled as a "fight fan's dream event," the UFC's first-ever Fan Expo, scheduled for July 10 and 11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, will feature an astounding amount of current and former UFC, PRIDE and WEC fighters.

The organization today announced a list of more than 30 confirmed attendees ranging from Royce Gracie and Gary Goodridge to Junie Browning and Efrain Escudero.

Tickets are currently available for the event on the 2009 UFC Fan Expo's official website. Advance-purchase tickets are $30 for July 10, $35 for July 11 or $50 for a two-day pass.

Currently confirmed UFC fighters include UFC-Hall-of-Famers Gracie and Randy Couture, current light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and former champions Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Chuck Liddell, and Sean Sherk.

Current UFC contenders who will also be available at the expo include Browning, Steve Cantwell, Shane Carwin, Marcus Davis, Nate Diaz, Escudero, Kenny Florian, Goodridge, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Dustin Hazelett, Heath Herring, Keith Jardine, Anthony Johnson, Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck, Joe Lauzon, Nate Marquardt, Gray Maynard, Karo Parisyan, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Diego Sanchez, Wanderlei Silva and Mike Swick.

In addition to the UFC talent, the WEC will also be well-represented at the event with Jospeh Benavidez, Brian Bowles, Donald Cerrone, Urijah Faber, Leonard Garcia, Ben Henderson, Alex Karalexis and Jens Pulver confirmed for autograph signings throughout the weekend.

MMA icon Renzo Gracie will also attend the expo.

Held in conjunction with the historic UFC 100 on July 11, the 2009 UFC Fan Expo will feature "MMA demonstrations, fan-inspired special events, training and development sessions, and other exciting opportunities and entertainment" in addition to the meet-and-greet opportunities, according to the UFC

Damn that is one impressive list! Shame I don't live in Vegas  hihi. Heres hoping they start doing these expo's for every show (UK specifically! Tongue)

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #657 on: July 11, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

anyone watching UFC100 tonight?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #658 on: July 11, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »

yeah i am. some dude i know online buys  the ppv onilne and shares his info  smoking
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #659 on: July 11, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »

Henderson just fucked up Bisping badddd.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: