Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279306 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »

Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie is either going to be a hell of a fight  or a one way ass kciking.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2006, 03:52:16 PM »

UFC Feb 4th is gonna be amazing, Chuck Liddell vs Randy Courture the 3rd match.

I got 20 bucks bet on Courture, he will win I guarantee it.
hihi Unlucky Tongue

I've heard the result of the main event (unfortunately....) since we haven't got the event here in the UK yet, it's on at 10pm tonight and i'm still looking forward to seeing it, i don't know the results from the rest of the card so only the main event is spoiled (partially...) still should be cracking to watch....

.....here's some after the event news.....

After their entertaining battle that opened the show Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada, UFC Welterweight contenders Joe "Diesel" Riggs and Nick Diaz came to blows at a local Las Vegas hospital after their fight.

Details are still sketchy, but a number of sources have confirmed the incident. Apparently, the two had some words as they have been all weekend leading up to the fight, which culiminated with Diaz throwing a punch at Riggs. The punch was described as a sucker-punch. Riggs immediately fought back before being seperated by others close by.

Joe Riggs was asked if he wanted to press charges, but declined.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2006, 06:53:12 PM »

Joe Riggs whipped his ass in the fight. Diaz kept running his mouth during the fight but Riggs beat the shit out of him.

I intelligently called my bet off before the fight and I was happy cause Randy got knocked the fuck out.

I cant believe Frank Mir got beat by some no body.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »

Seen it now, fairly decent event.....

Joe Riggs whipped his ass in the fight. Diaz kept running his mouth during the fight but Riggs beat the shit out of him.
That's what i thought, commentator thought Diaz had won....dumbass

I intelligently called my bet off before the fight and I was happy cause Randy got knocked the fuck out.
Good thinking, i mean anybody who is considering retirement if they lose going into a fight isn't that optimistic, you need the killer instinct and all and well he'd clearly lost it, with many fights guys have lost before they even enter the octagon....

I cant believe Frank Mir got beat by some no body.
Got beat.....Slaughtered would be my description hihi

I found it amusing when Jeff Monson choked out Branden Lee HinkleLee Hinkle looked so pissed after he didn't have a clue what had happened.....

....Brandon Vera looked good as well in his very short bout with that kick to the head followed by the brutal knee on Eilers.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2006, 11:01:31 PM »

HOw many UFC's have u got to watch Stoned?

they are awesome!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2006, 05:05:23 AM »

HOw many UFC's have u got to watch Stoned?

they are awesome!
Can't remember really.  We never use to get them as full events.  We just got 1 hour shows with 3 matches from years gone by so i've seen loads of fights from many of the years, i've watched it for a fair bit now i'm really a big fan, having done judo and ground/submission fighting and also a bit of kickboxing i can appreciate it a lot and will often find stuff interesting that others would not like when they're on the ground for a bit cos i can see what they're going for and i know what it's like.  I love UFC though, i used to watching Boxing growing up but that bores the hell out of me these days, UFC is fantastic though!  I really like Phil Baroni, he's the guy that gives that slight 'wrestling' feel to the UFC, the kind of Prima Donna Heel with a Big Mouth hihi
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2006, 08:57:50 AM »

UFC Feb 4th is gonna be amazing, Chuck Liddell vs Randy Courture the 3rd match.

I got 20 bucks bet on Courture, he will win I guarantee it.
hihi Unlucky Tongue

I've heard the result of the main event (unfortunately....) since we haven't got the event here in the UK yet, it's on at 10pm tonight and i'm still looking forward to seeing it, i don't know the results from the rest of the card so only the main event is spoiled (partially...) still should be cracking to watch....

.....here's some after the event news.....

After their entertaining battle that opened the show Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada, UFC Welterweight contenders Joe "Diesel" Riggs and Nick Diaz came to blows at a local Las Vegas hospital after their fight.

Details are still sketchy, but a number of sources have confirmed the incident. Apparently, the two had some words as they have been all weekend leading up to the fight, which culiminated with Diaz throwing a punch at Riggs. The punch was described as a sucker-punch. Riggs immediately fought back before being seperated by others close by.

Joe Riggs was asked if he wanted to press charges, but declined.

Damn! Shocked  I think we've just found the coaches for Ultimate Fighter 4. hihi  I can't wait to see Tito and Ken on UF 3

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2006, 09:37:41 AM »

On the TUF 4 front, I hope they give some serious consideration to bringing back the 155 division. They are leaving out a ton of talent. It would be much better watching a couple of 155 fights than having to watch a couple 250 pounders lean on eachother for three rounds hoping to connect one punch that could end it..... just to earn a spot to get assaulted by Arlovski.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2006, 03:27:03 PM »

I agree totally Coma, no one is beating Arlovski.

I thought Frank Mir could, but Unless he comes back to where he was before his motorcycle accident, he doesnt have a chance.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »

About Riggs, how does he manage to cut the weight he does and weigh in at 170 on Friday, but Walk into the ring at 202?? That has got to cause huge problems with his conditioning.

Last Saturday he walked into the ring 3 pounds below Heavyweight. Which sucks for the WW devision because there are guys in there that should be fighting at 155 and are cutting no wieght (not Riggs problem) but as an organization (that was under huge scrutiny) you would think that they would be quicker to even thos types of matches out.

makane
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2006, 08:31:57 AM »

Did you guys check UFC Usa vs. Canada? thought the main event was awsome! too bad Rich broke his hand  Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2006, 10:24:30 AM »

Did you guys check UFC Usa vs. Canada? thought the main event was awsome! too bad Rich broke his hand? Undecided
Yeah.  I thought it was a bit boring 'til the main event.

Awesome Main Event though.  If Rich Franklin had not broken his hand he'd of knocked him out 3rd round, 4th at the very latest.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

I loved the whole thing, one of the best sporting events ive seen for a long time.
Give it a couple of years, and this shit will be bigger than boxing.

UFC fucking rules!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »

Give it a couple of years, and this shit will be bigger than boxing.
It should be it is so much better.  Much more entertaining and people actually get stuck in.

With Boxing these days too many fuckers just seem to want to win on points, they're fucking pussy bastards these days, few weak jabs, hide, few weak jabs, hide, then when he gets to the final round and they're both fucked they get more violent and stuck in, but since they're so knackered they don't have enough power left in the punches to finish things off.......
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »

Its already bigger than boxing here.

wait till april when Tito beats the shit out of Forrest Griffin!

Rich Franklin is awesome, u should see the way this guy trains, he is a complete animal and I see why he hasnt been beat in the UFC.

Matt Hughes will also OWN Royce Gracie in May, watch and see.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2006, 02:44:31 PM »

Nah.  Tito's peaked, he's not as good as he once was, expect to be surprised Wink
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2006, 04:44:46 PM »

I'll be chocked as hell if Forest beats Tito .and out a 100 bucks.

Grace is going to get slaughtered by Matt that fight has one way ass kicking writen all over it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2006, 04:48:31 PM »

Nah.? Tito's peaked, he's not as good as he once was, expect to be surprised Wink

stick to wrestling Stoned.

Tito dominated and destroyed the great Vitor Belfort in his last fight.

When Tito fights his fight which is ground and pound he is one of the best fighters in UFC history, when he lets his ego get in the way and starts tryin to stand toe to toe with big strikers, thats when he gets in trouble.

Forrest is a barroom brawler with not a lot of skill and Tito will hurt him bad.

Remember the Rich Franklin/Nate Quarry fight?

this is what will happen with this fight.

Forrest has been fed a bunch of jokes who cant fight so far in his UFC Career, Tito will kill him.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2006, 04:57:21 PM »

stick to wrestling Stoned.
Just wait. Tongue
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »

I hear ya D concerning Tito and Forrest.  Forrest is way to sloppy to take down Tito.  I enjoy Forrest being in the UFC because it brings a fresh perspective in the sport, but one day he is gonna wind up over his head (like with Tito), and someone will hurt that kid real bad and he will never be the same.  I don't see Forrest lasting another 5 years in the UFC.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: