Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279281 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:39 AM »

I dont know why Dana White is throwing Forrest into the mix with someone like Tito.

Nate Quarry will never be the same after his beatdown to Rich and after Tito murdered Forrest, its gonna hurt Forrest's career big time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2006, 08:49:05 AM »

I dont know why Dana White is throwing Forrest into the mix with someone like Tito.

Nate Quarry will never be the same after his beatdown to Rich and after Tito murdered Forrest, its gonna hurt Forrest's career big time.

Yea it seems that Dana is getting more concerned with ratings than with good quality fights.  He knows Forrest will attract the newer UFC fans.  The only way I see this fight lasting more than 1 round would be if Tito drags the fight out, which you know he is known to do beating his opponent senseless.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »

This fight will look like Tito vs Guy messner when Tito just absolutelypunished the guy and then after the fight wore a T shirt that said "Guy messner is my bitch"

Did u see the Tito vs Ken Shamrock fight?

Ive never saw a guy get beat down worse than Shamrock did that fight.

Its funny cause UFC broadcasters try their fuckin best to spin it into that was a great fight so people who didnt see it wont know.

But if u ever get a chance watch it. Tito destroys him from bell to bell making Shamrock's face look worse than any other fighter Ive ever saw.

Did u see how bad Rich Franklin made the Crow's face look?

Tito did even worse to Shamrock.

Forrest Griffin comes out brawling, Tito will take him down and punish him.

Beowulf
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »

I just got into this when I happened to catch the start of a "Ultimate Fighter 2" marathon a couple of weeks ago, and ended up watching the whole thing...that was a lot of Spike TV for one sitting.

The fighters that I'm into so far include:

Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz
Luke Cummo
Forrest Griffin
Josh Neer

And while I haven't seen any fights with Andrei Arlovski yet I must say that he appears pretty badass from the 3 million previews I've seen for UFC 59.  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »

2 bloodbaths on tap for Saturday

Arlovski will destroy Tim Sylvia and Tito will really mess Forrest up bad. I feel sorry for both sylvia and Forrest.'

I had a guy who doesnt know much about UFC try and bet me 25 bucks cause he is positive Forrest will beat Tito.

I didnt bet him cause I wouldve felt bad taking his money.

Forrest won a TV show and has beat a bunch of nobodies, Tito is one of the greatest fighters around today.

Forrest comes out and brawls, Tito possesses one of the best ground and pound games in the business. Forrest's style is tailor made for a fighter like Ortiz.

Beowulf
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2006, 05:21:48 AM »

2 bloodbaths on tap for Saturday

Arlovski will destroy Tim Sylvia and Tito will really mess Forrest up bad. I feel sorry for both sylvia and Forrest.'

I had a guy who doesnt know much about UFC try and bet me 25 bucks cause he is positive Forrest will beat Tito.

I didnt bet him cause I wouldve felt bad taking his money.

Forrest won a TV show and has beat a bunch of nobodies, Tito is one of the greatest fighters around today.

Forrest comes out and brawls, Tito possesses one of the best ground and pound games in the business. Forrest's style is tailor made for a fighter like Ortiz.

I think Forrest has a shot if he can keep the fight away from the ground. Dude can trade punches like nobody's business. Whether or not he's experienced enough to control the pace is a whole nuther question...

On an unrelated note, it seems like 60+% of these fighters have nicknames. I think there should be some sort of win number requirement for that. Nothing like seeing a guy with two recorded fights slapping on a moniker.  rofl
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2006, 09:45:28 AM »

Tito and Forrest=Tito whipping his ass.  it's gonna be a rough night for Forrest.

Arvlovski and Silvia=I honestly don't know.

Silvia can win this one.  the pitbull is a great fighter, but at this time he thinks he is invinceable.  Silvia has improves his ground game alot and toe to toe Silvia and Arvlovski are pretty even, except that Silvia has a massive reach advantage due to being 6'10".

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2006, 05:00:44 PM »

Beowulf u have seen Forrest trade punches with a bunch of nobody joke fighters. He hasnt defeated any competition at all and Tito is way too strong and too skilled for an amateur like Forrest.

Anything can happen in a fight but dont bet any  money on Forrest.

Thorazine

Sylvia has no chance.

did u see the fight he won to get the title shot? He is absolutely horrible.

Beowulf
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2006, 05:12:01 PM »

Beowulf u have seen Forrest trade punches with a bunch of nobody joke fighters. He hasnt defeated any competition at all and Tito is way too strong and too skilled for an amateur like Forrest.

Anything can happen in a fight but dont bet any? money on Forrest.

Thorazine

Sylvia has no chance.

heh. I don't know enough about UFC yet to start making bets. The worst thing that could happen if I got all crazy would be that I'd lose a few points in the next UFC fantasy game.   hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »

U gotta be careful when it comes to fighting.

records mean nothing, thats the first rule.

I get onto my brother all the time for this.

if a guy has a 22-1 record my brother assumes he is awesome but records mean nothing.

What matters is the competition they have fought.

I could fight 50 out of shape fat jokes and be 50-0 but that doesnt mean anything.

Forrest  has yet to beat a named fighter, he beat Stephan Bonnar barely and Bonnar got beat down by Keith Jardine *even though Bonnar won a bullshit decision*

Forrest has fought a lot of marginal competition whereas Tito has only lost to great fighters "Frank Shamrock,Chuck Liddell,Randy courture.

He also had an earlier loss to Guy Messner but he was still inexperienced.

Forrest has a punchers chance but Tito has a great chin *he absorded over 10 blows from Vitor Belfort, one of the greatest strikers in UFC history so Forrest isnt knockin him out.

Tito is too strong,too skilled and too good to lose to Forrest Griffin.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:40 AM »

The only way I see Tito lose to Forrest is if he does stuff stupidy . Tries to stand with him like he did with chuk.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »

LOast night ppv was pretty solid .

Arlovski got to aggrassive and it may have cost him, though you really can't fault the dude cause it looked like he had Tim Sylvia.

Tito Looked great the first round against  Forrest, But the looked shit the second round..Then had a very close third round .truthfully the call could have went any way to me .I thing I will say is Forrest had to shut up some crittics witht htat fight And i don't want to here any shit about Tito not being a 100 percent .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »

Last night I was the only guy to pick Tim Sylvia, the other 10 guys I watched it with told me i was crazy but when i saw how much weight Sylvia had lost, I got a feeling and went with it. Somehow I knew Sylvia would win. U dont train that hard and lose that much weight for nothing.

Tito basically beat Forrest with one leg.

A healthy Tito would have killed him. U saw what Tito did in round 1. had he been healthy that wouldve been the way the entire fight would have went.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »

Last night I was the only guy to pick Tim Sylvia, the other 10 guys I watched it with told me i was crazy but when i saw how much weight Sylvia had lost, I got a feeling and went with it. Somehow I knew Sylvia would win. U dont train that hard and lose that much weight for nothing.

Tito basically beat Forrest with one leg.

A healthy Tito would have killed him. U saw what Tito did in round 1. had he been healthy that wouldve been the way the entire fight would have went.

Ummm D, you remember this?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thorazine

Sylvia has no chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hihi

Ok.  On to UFC 60.  I think that the Hughes-Gracie match is nothing but a cash-grab for both UFC and Royce Gracie.  You've got to give Gracie his props, but the UFC is a total different beast than it was when Gracie was at the top of the food chain.  Back in the day, it was one martial arts dicipline against the other.  Now, these fighters are well versed in most all types of martial arts.  Considering Royce has been out of the octagon for years, and Matt Hughes getting better every match, theres no contest.  Hughes will dispose of Gracie in the first round.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:38:15 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Beowulf
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2006, 10:25:45 PM »

Well, I picked Tito and Andrei, so I went one for two. (I never said Forrest would win, I said he could win.  hihi) Didn't actually watch the match though...as I didn't want to pay $30+ bucks at this point in time. Do they ever re-run the pay per view matches on Spike?

Oh...great episode of Tuf 3 last week. Freakin' overconfident basketball stabbing dipshit Jesse got exactly what was coming to him. And Noah having a sprained ankle to boot.  rofl
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »

Well, I picked Tito and Andrei, so I went one for two. (I never said Forrest would win, I said he could win.? hihi) Didn't actually watch the match though...as I didn't want to pay $30+ bucks at this point in time. Do they ever re-run the pay per view matches on Spike?

Oh...great episode of Tuf 3 last week. Freakin' overconfident basketball stabbing dipshit Jesse got exactly what was coming to him. And Noah having a sprained ankle to boot.? rofl

I haven't seen Spike air re-runs of pay-per-views, so you probably have to wait until it's on DVD.  Noah sure as hell got some retrobution last week didn't he? hihi  I'm looking forward to this Thursday.

Did you see the UFC all access of Arvloski?  When they showed how much he partied and had a good time in Chicago thats when I knew that Silvia would take him out.  Silvias been training like a madman in Iowa, not partying it up like Avloski.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »

Honestly, I bet 10 of my friends I was watching it with that Tim Sylvia would win.

I know i said on here he had no shot and had he fought andrei like he fought at the Ultimate fight night, he wouldve got killed.

When I saw that Sylvia had lost 20 pounds and truly trained hard, i switched and chose him.

I was the only one out of my friends who took him and i looked like a genius.

Tito has 2 partially torn knee ligaments and a slip disc in his back.

Imagine how bad he wouldve hurt Forrest had he been 100 percent.

That first round he annihalated Forrest.

Tito definitely won the fight.

in that 2nd round Forrest threw a lot of punches but honestly He only landed maybe 5 out of 30 punches, Tito was blocking most of them and was never hurt in the fight.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure there will be a Tito-Forrest rematch.  Thats when Tito will shine...but you have to admit, Forrest did a pretty good job up against Tito, and I personally didn't expect that.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure there will be a Tito-Forrest rematch.? Thats when Tito will shine...but you have to admit, Forrest did a pretty good job up against Tito, and I personally didn't expect that.

Forrest Griffin absolutely 100 percent elevated himself.

whereas Nate Quarry blew his chance forever by being decimated, Forrest stepped up and proved he is a big time fighter.

Losing in MMA doesnt hurt your career unless you lose badly.

Forrest took one of the greatest UFC fighters ever to the limit  and he might have lost the fight but his stock went way up. he proved he is not some joke TV fighter and that he is the real deal.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2006, 05:42:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure there will be a Tito-Forrest rematch.? Thats when Tito will shine...but you have to admit, Forrest did a pretty good job up against Tito, and I personally didn't expect that.

Forrest Griffin absolutely 100 percent elevated himself.

whereas Nate Quarry blew his chance forever by being decimated, Forrest stepped up and proved he is a big time fighter.

Losing in MMA doesnt hurt your career unless you lose badly.

Forrest took one of the greatest UFC fighters ever to the limit? and he might have lost the fight but his stock went way up. he proved he is not some joke TV fighter and that he is the real deal.

Yeah Nate dove into the deep end and sunk like a rock.  You're right, Forrest stock went up dramatically Saturday night.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: