Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278431 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

Chuck clearly  thumbed Tito in the eye which is illegal and which led to Chuck knocking Tito out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2006, 11:59:06 AM »

Hey, accidents happen, Tito lost yes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2006, 07:29:20 PM »

The following is an article from www.MMANews.com:

"Griffin-Bonnar II Announced For UFC 62 "Liddell vs. Sobral"

You can officially pencil in the long-awaited rematch between Ultimate Fighter season one standouts Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar for the upcoming UFC 62 pay-per view, which features the main event of Chuck Liddell vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral II.

Griffin and Bonnar last met at The Ultimate Fighter 1 finals live on Spike TV, and what transpired is considered by many to be among the greatest fights in the history in the company. The two will officially battle it out again on August 26 at the UFC 62 PPV.

Awesome, can't wait! Smiley
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »

The following is an article from www.MMANews.com:

"Griffin-Bonnar II Announced For UFC 62 "Liddell vs. Sobral"

You can officially pencil in the long-awaited rematch between Ultimate Fighter season one standouts Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar for the upcoming UFC 62 pay-per view, which features the main event of Chuck Liddell vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral II.

Griffin and Bonnar last met at The Ultimate Fighter 1 finals live on Spike TV, and what transpired is considered by many to be among the greatest fights in the history in the company. The two will officially battle it out again on August 26 at the UFC 62 PPV.

Awesome, can't wait! Smiley

I think that Griffin-Bonnar 2 will just be a let-down.  But it'll sell pay-per-views. 

More and more though I'm looking forward to Sobral and Liddell going after each other.  Babalu has gotta be pissed that his fight has become overshadowed by the announcement of Liddell-Silva.

Imagine the fall-out if Babalu wins.  It'll get real interesting because you know that Liddell will want another shot at the title and would care less about Silva in November.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »

I think that Griffin-Bonnar 2 will just be a let-down.? But it'll sell pay-per-views.
Well they got a lot to beat.  Going off their performances since i see Griffin definately winning....

Imagine the fall-out if Babalu wins.? It'll get real interesting because you know that Liddell will want another shot at the title and would care less about Silva in November.
What has happened to Tito Ortiz in the whole title equation.  I remember early in the year when interviewed he wanted to get past Forrest (Which he did....), Then beat Shamrock (Which he did....), Then face Liddell for the title later in the year....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »

I think that Griffin-Bonnar 2 will just be a let-down.? But it'll sell pay-per-views.
Well they got a lot to beat.? Going off their performances since i see Griffin definately winning....

Imagine the fall-out if Babalu wins.? It'll get real interesting because you know that Liddell will want another shot at the title and would care less about Silva in November.
What has happened to Tito Ortiz in the whole title equation.? I remember early in the year when interviewed he wanted to get past Forrest (Which he did....), Then beat Shamrock (Which he did....), Then face Liddell for the title later in the year....

When Tito re-signed with the UFC it was for a 3 fight deal, if he won all 3 fghts (which he has) he will get a shot at the title (which he'll get). 

Dana White is a tricky bastard (and a bit sleazy as well).  I think he's waiting to see who will be the light-heavyweight champion after these 2 fights in August and November and then put Ortiz in.  But thats my opinion.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2006, 02:59:24 PM »

Dana White is a tricky bastard (and a bit sleazy as well).?
If only he could do the WWE-Vince evil boss thing, haha, i'm sure many competitors would love a fight against Dana Cheesy Tongue
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

Dana White is a tricky bastard (and a bit sleazy as well).?
If only he could do the WWE-Vince evil boss thing, haha, i'm sure many competitors would love a fight against Dana Cheesy Tongue

I know the WFA CEO will sign up for a fight. Grin

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »

Tito wants to fight the Griffin/Bonnar winner in November, then fight the Chuck/Silva winner early in 2007.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »

Press Release:

UFC 63: Hughes vs. St Pierre THE REMATCH

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2006

LIVE FROM THE ARROWHEAD POND OF ANAHEIM

Las Vegas, NV ? With one second left in the last round, nearly two years ago, a young Canadian fighter named Georges "Rush" St. Pierre found himself locked in an armbar, losing a championship title fight to the now legendary Matt Hughes for the then vacant welterweight crown. Ever since that day, and because of the tremendous athleticism and skill displayed during that fight, UFC? fans all around the world have waited for these incredible athletes to face each other, once again, in the Octagon?. Today, the UFC announced that the time has come, and that the two fighters will square off again -- with the welterweight crown at stake -- at the Ultimate Fighting Championship organization?s UFC 63: HUGHES vs. ST. PIERRE taking place live from the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim Saturday, September 23, 2006.

Tickets for UFC 63: HUGHES vs. ST. PIERRE will go on sale Saturday, August 12.

"I?m pleased to announce to UFC fans all around the world that UFC Champion Matt Hughes, pound-for-pound one of the strongest and most experienced fighters in the UFC, and Number One Welterweight Contender and Canadian Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre, one of the most athletic and well-rounded fighters in the UFC will be the main event championship title fight at UFC 63 live from the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim Saturday, September 23," said Dana White, UFC President.

White made the UFC 63 announcement today live from Bristol, Conn. on ESPN?s The Hot List. Hughes and St. Pierre were also present for the announcement and discussed the upcoming title fight with ESPN host Dari Nowkhah.

"I?ve been waiting for this fight against Matt Hughes for a long time," said St. Pierre. "This time I am ready ? I made a promise to the UFC that if they gave me another chance at the title I wouldn?t make a mistake again. I want that belt so bad ? I want to become the champion."

"I hope he?s ready," said Hughes. "No one has been able to stop me yet, and I don?t see myself giving up my belt any time soon. I?m looking forward to a good fight, but at the end of the night I will still be the UFC Welterweight Champion."

Hughes and St. Pierre last fought October 22, 2004 at UFC 50: THE WAR OF ?04 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. At the time, St. Pierre had a perfect record. But Hughes ended up giving St. Pierre his first career loss, forcing him to tapout at the end of the first round. Since that day, Hughes has maintained the welterweight crown, and St. Pierre has aggressively fought to put himself back in line for the title, defeating former champion BJ Penn, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Frank Trigg and Sean Sherk. Meanwhile, Matt Hughes defeated Frank Trigg, Joe Riggs, and most recently the legendary Royce Gracie, who was previously undefeated in the UFC.

Matt Hughes (41-4) 5?9"/170 lbs., fighting out of Hillsboro, Ill., is considered by many to be the greatest welterweight champion in the history of the UFC. He started fighting in 1999, at UFC 22, and spent two years climbing his way up the division. Finally, at UFC 34 (11/02/01) he won the UFC Welterweight Championship by defeating Carlos Newton by KO. From there, he won five consecutive fights, holding the title for three years before losing it to BJ Penn at UFC 46 (1/31/04), succumbing to a rear naked choke at 4:39 of the first round. Matt regained the vacant welterweight crown at UFC 50 (10/22/04) by stopping Georges St. Pierre with an arm bar at 4:59 of the first round, and defended his title at UFC 52 (4/16/06) against Frank Trigg, winning by a rear naked choke. He fought Joe Riggs at UFC 56 (11/19/05) in a non-championship bout and submitted him by Kimura at 3:28 of the first round. Hughes then defeated Royce Gracie by TKO at UFC 60 (5/27/06).

Georges "Rush" St. Pierre (12-1-0) 5?10"/170 lbs., fighting out of Montreal, is the Canadian Welterweight Mixed Martial Arts Champion. He is an excellent athlete who combines solid stand up skills with an impressive ground game. After scoring UFC wins over Karo Parisyan, Jay Hieron, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk and BJ Penn, St. Pierre is hungry for another shot at world champion Matt Hughes and is ready to prove himself as being the top welterweight fighter in the world.

The remaining bouts and ticket information for UFC 63: HUGHES vs. ST. PIERRE will be announced in the near future.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »

Is it me or does it seem lately that Hughes is starting to become arrogant and cocky?

The man who will take Hughes title will be St. Pierre.? Whether it'll happen in September or not remains to be seen.? Athough I think St. Pierre will win.? He's young, experienced, and a badass mutha-fucka.

He was too young and inexperienced in 04, I'm pulling for him in September.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:25:33 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »

Hughes has been like that for a while though.

I remember when he was set to fight BJ Penn he was slagging him off for changing weight divisions saying he only changed cos he could not win the title in his weight division, he sounded quite pissed off actually and was so damn cocky thinking he would easily destroy him, i loved it when he was choked out yes Smiley

Sayin' that Hughes is a damn good fighter and this fighter could be great, i'm not bothered who wins i just want a great battle.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »

Hughes is a great fighter, one of the best of all time but I hate his ass.

I think St Pierre takes the crown away from Hughes at UFC 63.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »

I went to a Jiu Jitsu class tonight and had a great time.

My cardio is outstanding as Ive been running my ass off the past 6 weeks, So I probably the best cardio of anyone there.

The teacher handed me my ass but no other student tapped me and I tapped them pretty easily.

Im gonna go every Wednesday!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

^ You should come over to the UK and try and hand me my ass Tongue

Seriously though, cool to see you're doing some ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2006, 04:46:44 PM »

Id love to come over to the UK.

THen I could beat u and have two titles.....

HTGTHWWE Game Champ

and HTGTH Grappling Champ hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Seriously though, It was the first time I had grappled in a year. My strength and Cardio got me through it but I figure after a few weeks my technique and ability will be light years better than it was last night and Ill be able to react more instinctively.

It was a hell of a rush though and I cant believe I didnt start going sooner. ok

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

The following comes from OnlyUFC:

Sunday's Las Vegas Review-Journal features quotes from Dana White that confirm UFC's interest in a third Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz fight.

"The way that fight ended the last time (stunk), and we care about our fans and our customers," White said. "They were booing and throwing (things) and I've never experienced anything like that before. It was a bad scene."

The fight was stopped in Tito Ortiz's favor after one minute and eighteen seconds. Although Ortiz was clearly winning, MMA fans almost unanimously condemned the stoppage as premature, noting that Ken Shamrock was far from "out."

White is eyeing an October Spike TV special for the fight as a courtesy to disappointed fans who paid $39.95 to see their bout last month.

Neither Ortiz nor Ken Shamrock had agreed to terms at press time.

Bring it on!

I'd love to see them go against each other one last time....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »

What would be the point?

Tito killed him in both fights, Shamrock lost both fights very very badly.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »

What would be the point?
Entertainment value? Cheesy

Going 3-0 up....

... yes yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2006, 08:03:36 PM »

I still dont understand why fans were booing the ending.

Ken was defenseless and Tito was landing uncontested elbows.

How was that a premature stoppage?

Tito wouldve landed 10 more elbows had Dean not stepped in.

Sometimes I think UFC fans are morons, at least the majority.

Ken Shamrock got saved a night in the hospital.

Its not Tito's fault Ken isnt in his league.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: