Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279348 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2006, 08:06:21 PM »

Dana White just confirmed to us this morning that he's gotten verbal agreements to terms from both Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock for a 10/10 fight on a Spike TV special. The show will likely be held at the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood, FL

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2006, 11:26:27 PM »

Its gonna be great seeing Tito beat the shit out of him again.

Great move by Dana th ough to make up for those who wasted 40 dollars on this garbage fight.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2006, 11:11:28 AM »

Seriously though, It was the first time I had grappled in a year. My strength and Cardio got me through it but I figure after a few weeks my technique and ability will be light years better than it was last night and Ill be able to react more instinctively.

It was a hell of a rush though and I cant believe I didnt start going sooner. ok
Just got back from a MMA comp.

Won Gold in the Gui under 80kg grappling....

...and Silver in the No-Gui under grappling.

Also got presented with a medal by Mike Bisping from the UFC, and i was in my GN'R Tee  Cheesy I should have the pic up within' a week or so...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »

WOW Stoned that is amazing dude!!!

GREAT JOB!!!

Cant wait to see the pics!

Evolution
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »

Thought you UFC buffs might be interesting in this nugget of info.

MMA company K-1 released the following press release this morning confirming that Brock Lesnar will enter the MMA Ring:

Former World Wrestling Entertainment Champion Brock Lesnar Announces Entry Into The MMA Ring In K-1?s HERO?s Series
Former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) World Champion Brock Lesnar announced his entrance into the MMA ring Saturday night at a press conference at Bellagio following the K-1 ?Battle at Bellagio? event. Lesnar confirmed that he had signed a contract to fight for HERO?s, K-1?s new Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) series of events which includes headliners Genki Sudo, Bob Sapp, Kazushi Sakuraba and Don Frye. Lesnar also announced that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu innovator and the Ultimate Fighting Championship?s (UFC) first-ever champion, Royce Gracie, will be his trainer.
(PRWEB) August 17, 2006 -- Former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) World Champion Brock Lesnar announced his entrance into the MMA ring Saturday night at a press conference at Bellagio following the K-1 ?Battle at Bellagio? event. Lesnar confirmed that he had signed a contract to fight for HERO?s, K-1?s new Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) series of events which includes headliners Genki Sudo, Bob Sapp, Kazushi Sakuraba and Don Frye. Lesnar also announced that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu innovator and the Ultimate Fighting Championship?s (UFC) first-ever champion, Royce Gracie, will be his trainer.

?You are a great champion wrestler and I am a great Jiu Jitsu fighter; we are going to be good together,? said Gracie as he eagerly shook Lensar?s hand in the K-1 ring at the sold out ?Battle at Bellagio? event on Saturday.

Lesnar?s career includes a number of years with WWE, a player with the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL as well as Amateur Wrestling in high school and college. He won the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Wrestling Championship and was a two-time All-American amateur wrestler. Lesnar?s professional titles include WWE Heavyweight Champion, WWE King of the Ring Champion, WWE Royal Rumble Champion and the IWGP World Heavy weight Champion.

HERO?s is the new and exciting MMA series brought to the United States by FEG, also the organizers of K-1. Established two years ago in Japan, HERO?S combines all forms of martial arts disciplines including Karate, Kickboxing and Kung Fu, as well as the grappling techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Wrestling. This style of fighting has been developed with the hope of eliminating unnecessary techniques and creating more exciting fights that last longer. The fights take place in a boxing style ring making it easy for the viewers to follow the action.

Over the past decade, MMA events have increased significantly in popularity. Creating a true international flavor by inviting top participants from all over the world, the reputation of HERO?s shows has spanned far beyond Japan. With special lighting and pyrotechnic effects, the HERO?s events are packed with high-energy action and excitement. HERO?s events are currently broadcast in prime time on Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS).

HERO?S will be held four times each year and is scheduled to begin in February 2007. The location has yet to be determined but more than likely will occur at a major venue on the West Coast. HERO?S will televise their events in more than 110 countries worldwide.

K-1 is a martial arts fighting sport that derives its name from its inclusion of a wide array of combat disciplines including Karate, Kung-Fu and Kickboxing (?K?), with an intent to determine one champion in one ring (?1?). After being staged for the first time in Japan in 1993 under the direction of founder Master Kazuyoshi Ishii, K-1 has evolved into the country?s most popular sport and has achieved popular culture status as its athletes are larger-than-life celebrities.

For more information on HERO?S, go to www.k-1usa.net..

I'd love to see how he fares!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »

HAHA its kinda funny he went with Royce considering he was training with 165 pound champ Matt Hughes and Matt Tapped his ass out like he was a little girl. hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »

The following is a rumor from BettorMMA.com:

Rumor out of Calgary is that Georges St. Pierre is more than likely out of of his UFC 63 Welterweight title shot....

An Oddessa employee out of Calgary has reported that Georges St. Pierre suffered a serious elbow injury in training and is more than likely out of his UFC 63 Welterweight Title shot against Matt Hughes. The Oddessa source said that there is a 90% chance the fight is off and even if it goes through lines have been affected dramatically due to the serious nature of the injury. Pinnaclesports.com has already taken the fight off the boards and is waiting an official announcement fron the St. Pierre training camp. Stay tuned to BettorMMA.com for more details.

That sucks, if true.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »

FUck no

say it aint so.

I guess we will see BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes.

Cause I dont know what else they could put up.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

FUck no

say it aint so.

I guess we will see BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes.

Cause I dont know what else they could put up.
Stoned vs Matt Hughes....it's round my weight section

Cheesy

I've always wanted to have the crap kicked out of me in front of millions of viewers.

(I got a few pics back from that competition, gonna scan 'em on tomorrow... Wink)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »

I have a video of Tito and Matt Hughes in a wrestling/grappling tournament back in 2000.

Tito fights Matt for 3rd place.... u wanna see it?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2006, 06:10:23 PM »

I have a video of Tito and Matt Hughes in a wrestling/grappling tournament back in 2000.

Tito fights Matt for 3rd place.... u wanna see it?
Of course dude...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2006, 10:28:24 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/tito%20ortiz/video/x7ekx_adcc-2000-tito-ortiz-vs-matt-hughes

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »

The following is a new article from UFC.com:

St. Pierre Sidelined by Injury; ?The Prodigy? to The Rescue
By Thomas Gerbasi

After a groin pull forced top 170 pound contender Georges St. Pierre to withdraw from his September 23rd rematch with UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California today, the UFC was faced with a dilemma. Who could possibly challenge the champ on short notice and still be compelling enough to get fight fans excited?

The answer was a no-brainer ? the last man to beat Hughes, BJ Penn.

And as one of the top fighters in the world, pound for pound, Penn eagerly accepted the opportunity to make it 2-0 against the premier welterweight of this era.

?I thrive on these big fights, I thrive on pressure, and that?s when I perform my best,? said Penn, who was already in training for an October UFC bout when he got the call to replace St. Pierre.

For his part, Hughes -who has defended his crown eight times over two reigns - would like nothing better than to settle an old score with Hawaii?s ?Prodigy?.

?Now I?ve got something to really look forward to. I?ve already beat Georges and here I get to fight BJ Penn, a guy who?s beaten me. I?m a month out and I can really concentrate on BJ Penn now, and I?m looking forward to it.?

In 2004, Penn, a highly regarded lightweight contender at the time, scored one of the biggest upsets in mixed martial arts history when he rose 15 pounds in weight to tackle and beat Hughes in his first-ever welterweight bout. The end came at 4:39 of the first round when Penn forced Hughes to tap out due to a rear-naked choke.

On September 23rd, the rivalry is renewed.

Rock N' Roll headbanger

This should be a great fight, i hope Hughes gets revenge Cheesy

UFC held the weigh-ins for its "UFC 62: Liddell vs. Sobral" event Friday?some of the footage made its way onto a Spike TV special that evening.

The true news story of the day, however, was the official announcement of Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz III for a Spike TV Fight Night special. The two, who were both present at the weigh-in, will square off for the final time on 10/10 in Hollywood, Florida

Chuck Liddell told the Las Vegas Review Journal that tonight's fight with Renato "Babalu" Sobral will be far tougher than a now hypothetical bout with PRIDE's Wanderlei Silva.

"I actually think Babalu is a tougher fight for me than Wanderlei," said Liddell. "I'd knock Wanderlei out in the first round. I guarantee it. I've watched him so many times, I know. He doesn't have a great chin and he'll come at me straight."

"He's a guy who is willing to take one to land one, but I hit a lot harder than he does."

According to Liddell, a victory at tonight's PPV would likely set up a fight with Tito Ortiz at UFC 66 in December.

The Light Heavyweight Champion also confirmed a desire to begin fighting Heavyweights in 2007.

"It's something I've thought about and I think I'd like to try if I get all the fights (at light heavyweight) that I want and out of the way," he said. "It would be a challenge, but that's why it would be attractive to me."

Chuck Liddell fights Renato "Babalu" Sobral on tonight's UFC 62 card.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:16:56 PM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »

UFC 62 was okay.

Chuck was great as usual, it was a shame the fight was so short though, Babalu chasing after Chuck with his guard down was just dumb though, did he really think he'd got him on the run? hihi

Hermes Franca impressed me again i really like this guy, i've seen him a fair bit recently since here in the UK every night UFC events from the past are on, generally split over 2 nights, so i've seen a few of his old bouts, he had a great one with Caol Uno which was on a few days ago.  Good to hear they are bringing back the Lightweight Title.

Forrest vs Bonnar was ok, they had a lot to live up to and obviously it wasn't a patch on the original but it was still decent.....

The following is from UFC.com

Tickets for UFC 64: Unstoppable on Sale TodayLas Vegas, NV ? After a seven-month absence, UFC? World Middleweight Champion Rich ?Ace? Franklin returns to the Octagon? to make his third title defense against the seemingly unstoppable UFC newcomer Anderson ?The Spider? Silva. With a history of vicious striking and devastating knockout power, Silva has quickly become the most dangerous contender in the UFC middleweight division. Franklin, who remains undefeated in the UFC, will put his belt up for stakes when he squares off against Silva in the main event of the Ultimate Fighting Championship? organization?s UFC 64: UNSTOPPABLE taking place live from Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, Oct. 14.

Also announced today will be the return of the lightweight crown to the Ultimate Fighting Championship organization. Kenny ?KenFlo? Florian and Sean ?The Muscle Shark? Sherk will face off at UFC 64 to battle for the vacant lightweight crown, which has been held only by former champion Jens Pulver. As demonstrated by recent pay-per-view events, the UFC has a number of talented lightweights competing in this division, including the return of Jens Pulver as well as Spencer Fisher, Melvin Guillard, Mark Hominick, Joe Stevenson and Yves Edwards
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »

I find it funny that a lot of people think cause Anderson Silva knocked out Chris Leben that he can actually hang with Rich Franklin.

Rich wins this fight.

Did u hear Tito after the Chuck fight..... That was hilarious.

He told Chuck they'd wait till December to give Chuck time to lose his gut.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »

Yeah that amused me, i'm just hoping nobody get's any injuries and this fight happens.
torqued
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2006, 04:48:53 PM »

I find it funny that a lot of people think cause Anderson Silva knocked out Chris Leben that he can actually hang with Rich Franklin.

Rich wins this fight.

Rich is a great fighter but do you even know who Anderson Silva is ,aside from the Leben fight.

All my opinions are based on fact, therefore my opinions are technically fact ,so don't argue with me.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »

The following is the final official UFC 63 "Hughes vs. Penn" card for September 23rd, according to the UFC.com website. Of course, final until injuries and other circumstances switch things up a week out.

-Matt Hughes (c) vs. B.J. Penn (UFC WW Title)
-Mike Swick vs. David Loiseau
-Jens Pulver vs. Joe Lauzon
-Rashad Evans vs. Jason Lambert
-Gabe Ruediger vs. Melvin Guillard
-Jorge Gurgel vs. Danny Abaddi
-Tyson Griffin vs. David Lee
-Roger Huerta vs. Jason Reinhardt
-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Mario Neto
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2006, 04:22:15 PM »

Hey D dude, you ever have one of those holy shit moments when your training?

Tonight i was doing Randori (Judo) with this Russian at the club, and he's like 6'2 and built like a brick shit house, i'm bout 5'9 hihi I'd been frustrating him for a bit, but then i went in for a clumsy throw, and the dude just picked me up and pretty much tossed me in the air and dropped me on my head, fuck scared the hell out of me, everyone rushed over and i was down for a fair bit, my head and neck are killing me now, after he'd done it i couldn't speak for several minutes i was just proper breathless, i'm gutted my dad did not by this camcorder we were looking at the other day, could of had that shit on film, and when we do get it my ass ain't film any re-runs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2006, 04:57:53 PM »

Damn Dude.......... That would've been scary, I hope that doesnt stick in your head. I havent had anyone throw me like that, Thank God.

I would've loved to have seen it though hihi

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: