Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:09:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279274 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2006, 11:56:48 PM »

damn what a boring fight.  Serra/lytle almost surpassed severn/shamrock 2 as the most boring fight ever

Stoned u should try out for TUF 5, they are lookin for 155 pounders.......... isnt that about what u weigh?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2006, 03:03:29 AM »

Stoned u should try out for TUF 5, they are lookin for 155 pounders.......... isnt that about what u weigh?
I'm 170 normally so if i cut like those UFC bastards do....Yep.

I'm not good enough to be on, just cos they have shit like Ross Pointon on doesn't mean i wanna get on as a punchbag.  I have good takedown skills, am very good at Judo and submissions on the ground but i've never really bothered much with the punching and kicking aspect, the competitions i've been in most of the time have essentially been UFC without the strikes i.e. Submission Grappling.  There has been the odd time or two i've been into ones with striking but no head shots allowed (to get insured to legally allow headshots would be realy hard, most places just don't have the facilites or staff.) word is back here Bisping is tryin' to get his best mate on and he is very good, he came down to our club when Bisping did the seminar here and he's also fought here a few times (and won) no problems.

Back on TUF subject i forgot to mention, what a great end to Sell vs Smith, that was a crazy finish, knocking him out then collapsing from the punch he'd already nailed him with...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »

a lot of people thought smith was playin possum but he wasnt, he was finished but landed an amazing shot.

that was one of the best fights i have seen and dana shouldve gave bothof those guys a contract.

serra and lytle was so awful, that kind of fight can kill some of the momentum the ufc is tryin to build.

I cant wait for saturday, i hope GSP can win but i have a feeling Hughes is gonna pull it out.

sylvia wll win and I hope Frank Mir is back in shape or he is gonna get murdered against brandon vera.

Great fight card on the tito vs chuck undercard so far

u got forrest vs keith Jardine and andrei arlovski on the card.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2006, 03:18:22 PM »

I'm a Hughes fan i want him to win but i think GSP will win.

Sylvia will win no doubt, he's still shit though  Cheesy

I really want Mir to win and win well i'm a big fan of his but his last 2 showings since his return have been crap, rumour is the winner of this will get a shot at the champ, we could have Sylvia vs Mir II, although unless he's back to his old self i expect Vera to win he's damn good.

Looking at the December Card.  It's always great to see Forrest fight with his fuck it i'll fight anyone and try my best attitude.  Hopefully we'll see the old Arlovski, last fight he was a shell of his former self, he'd totally lost his confidence and in having done so fought a five round bore which Sylvia was more than happy to win on points.  And obviously Ortiz vs Liddell should be good and is one of if not the most anticipated UFC fight ever, it's expected to do over a million...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

UFC fighters need a union.

For instance Tito's last PPV got 700 thousand buys that is a gross of 28 million

tito made 250,000,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a shitty pay off

Rich Franklin actually made less than Anderson Silva in the last fight, franklin only got 21,000

Check out Franklin's face those who didnt see it:

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2006, 07:11:42 AM »

Last Saturday night's Ultimate Fighter 4 finale on Spike TV scored a final cable rating of 1.1, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Not a very good number at all.

Not surprising, it was easily the worst season yet.

UFC have gone and ended David Loiseau's deal which is a damn shame he's a great factor who's just been unlucky as of late....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2006, 12:26:45 PM »

That sucks!

I wouldve liked to have seen Louiseau fight AndersonSilva

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »

UFC drops some people way to soon.

Another interesting fight for December is Jason Macdonald vs Chris Leben.

Macdonald is the dude who took out Ed Herman in his debut, would be cool to see him slay another person from TUF......he could have a gimmick then hihi (.....Back to the wrestling thread...)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2006, 08:36:05 PM »

We are less than 2 hours away.

I wish both champions would lose tonight

Sadly I dont think either one will.

I just hope Frank MIr can get back on track tonight.

that would set up Mir vs Sylvia 2

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2006, 04:37:10 PM »

Is it me or does it seem lately that Hughes is starting to become arrogant and cocky?

The man who will take Hughes title will be St. Pierre.? Whether it'll happen in September or not remains to be seen.? Athough I think St. Pierre will win.? He's young, experienced, and a badass mutha-fucka.

He was too young and inexperienced in 04, I'm pulling for him in September.

Damn right.

Sorry, just wanted to get some "I told ya so" out of my system.  rofl

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »

Well done GSP, Hughes looked damn poor, he did against Penn to though....

...Gutted to see Mir lose again.  I have to give Sylvia credit, the dude is trying, i mean going for a triangle, sayin' that he should of got it locked in from the position he was in, if he'd of pulled his feet down it would of been tight...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »

UFC gets better every single event i watch! Fucking awesome. GSP owned Hughes. Brilliant stuff!  Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »

Most UFC 65 Fighter Pay Out Figures Released
By Matt Boone for MMANews.com

The following are the official figures released by the California State Athletic Commission as to what each fighter earned during for their fight at the UFC 65 "Bad Intentions" show from November 18th.

Remember, these figures don't include sponsorship money the fighters would receive, as well as the many bonuses UFC gives privately to fighters.

Tim Sylvia ($120,000)
Matt Hughes ($75,000)
Georges St. Pierre ($58,000)
Brandon Vera ($40,000)
Frank Mir ($30,000)
Nick Diaz ($24,000)
Joe Stevenson ($24,000)
Jeff Monson ($13,000)
Jake O'Brien ($12,000)
James Irvin ($10,000)
Antoni Hardonk ($6,000)

What's with the bullshit amount Monson gets?  Huh  Shocked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2006, 05:30:37 AM »

ITs finally here!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday Night

TIto vs Chuck.

I have waited for 2 years to see this rematch.

I am sitting at my computer in my PUnishment Athletics official Tito shorts and T Shirt and I am nervous

I dont know what Im gonna do if he were to lose Saturday. I will be mad and sad...............

Im gonna be so  nervous watching this..............

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2006, 08:07:45 AM »

ITs finally here!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday Night

TIto vs Chuck.

I have waited for 2 years to see this rematch.

I am sitting at my computer in my PUnishment Athletics official Tito shorts and T Shirt and I am nervous

I dont know what Im gonna do if he were to lose Saturday. I will be mad and sad...............

Im gonna be so? nervous watching this..............

All the previews i've read think Chuck will win.

He's the bookies favourite.

Couture is convinced he will win sayin' he'd even come out of retirement to challenge Ortiz if he won.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is in the UFC, he's fighting at UFC 67

Liddell has only lost 3 times, to Couture, Horn & Jackson, he's avenged 2 of those losses so i think if Chuck beats Ortiz this will be his next fight.

Hopefully Bisping will get off to a winning start this weekend as well.? It's a fantastic card, unfortunately here in the UK we don't get it 'til Monday Night....

Speaking of big name fighters...

"Cro Cop" to Face Eddie Sanchez in UFC Debut

Wednesday, December 27, 2006
by Sherdog.com Staff

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is expected to introduce Croatian heavyweight Mirko Filipovic as its newest acquisition during the Dec. 30 UFC 66 pay-per-view card, Sherdog.com learned Wednesday afternoon.

A star in the competitive PRIDE Fighting Championships' heavyweight division from Nov. 2001 through Sept. 2006 ? when "Cro Cop" captured PRIDE's Open-Weight Grand Prix crown ? Filipovic is slated to make his Octagon debut against North County Fight Club's Eddie Sanchez, a source close to Sanchez said.

I've seen a lot of PRIDE recently and he is lethal, a fantastic fighter...he went through Wanderlai Silva & Josh Barnett in the same night....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:16:28 AM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

Finally seen UFC 66, awesome event!  Loved every match on the card, some fantastic knockouts, great to see Bisping triumph!  Jardine was damn impressive to as was Macdonald, 2 nice upsets there.  Shame Ortiz did not win but it was a good fight, i'm looking forward to Rampage vs Chuck now, oh and Cro Cop is gonna kill Sylvia  hihi
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »

a cant beleive ortiz to all them hits in the first round and survived hes a true champion!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2007, 04:45:49 AM »

Tito has improved greatly, So i wasnt disappointed. I dont know why they didnt stop the fight in round 1 but stopped it in round 3 when Tito was blocking most of those punches with his elbow and shoulder.

Still though, he did great to rebound and win Round 2.

I think he gave Chuck way too much respect though.

People ask me why he didnt try the takedowns more.

Well the takedown is what got him beat. when he would shoot in, Chuck would stuff it and Tito would eat massive punches tryin to get back up from the shoot.

I dont know why, when Tito was on his back and Chuck would drop down and start punching why Tito didnt go for an arm bar or something.......

Great Fight though, I hope one day they rematch yet again. Tito is gettin closer to figuring chuck out. He got a little too impatient though and that cost him.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

i was just hoping for tito to grab a hold of him and chuck to tap, theres something about chuck that i dont like. am just getting into watching UFC so a back story would be helpful Smiley

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

a cant beleive ortiz to all them hits in the first round and survived hes a true champion!

Well you could say a true champion wouldn't get hit. hihi

I was hoping Tito would win and then we could have a decider but didn't work out that way

Tito has improved greatly, So i wasnt disappointed. I dont know why they didnt stop the fight in round 1 but stopped it in round 3 when Tito was blocking most of those punches with his elbow and shoulder.

Still though, he did great to rebound and win Round 2.

I think he gave Chuck way too much respect though.

People ask me why he didnt try the takedowns more.

Well the takedown is what got him beat. when he would shoot in, Chuck would stuff it and Tito would eat massive punches tryin to get back up from the shoot.

I dont know why, when Tito was on his back and Chuck would drop down and start punching why Tito didnt go for an arm bar or something.......

Great Fight though, I hope one day they rematch yet again. Tito is gettin closer to figuring chuck out. He got a little too impatient though and that cost him.

Yeah, but Chuck seems too good for him to me. and thats not a throw away comment.

Like D said Tito gave him too much respect and paid for it. Looked like he thought he was gonna lose . . not saying thats true just looked like it to me.

I haven't watched UFC much but i always thought that Tito was the 'King' on the outside but i've seen some of Chuck and he reminds me of Noel Gallagher . . A cocky guy who people want to fall on his face, but in the end has done the business to back it up.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: