Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278396 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »

Chuck is 2-1 in Pride... After he scores a first round KO of Rampage I want to hear what the Pride argument is going to be.
So what if he beats Rampage, as i've already said he's not the guy he was in 2003 i fully expect Quinton to lose.? Just seems everyone loves to slate PRIDE.? Cro Cop get's knocked out and all of a sudden PRIDE sucks.? If Shogun and Fedor get slaughtered by UFC guys i may start to believe it...

...and as for Anderson Silva being "This Close" to being armbared by a C-Level Fighter, Lutter's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so he's got a damn good ground game, yeah he came close but he still lost and it's also been stated since he was carrying an injury going in hence the reason he had pretty much no take down defence...

I mean really Rampage/Cro Cop DO NOT define all that is PRIDE they don't even come close.  Yes they are 2 of the promotions best fighters but hell send 2 decent UFC guys over to PRIDE and if they lose does that make PRIDE the better promotion? so those 2 losing to UFC guys under UFC rules does not make UFC better....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:23:45 PM by Stoned » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »

Chuck is 2-1 in Pride... After he scores a first round KO of Rampage I want to hear what the Pride argument is going to be.
So what if he beats Rampage, as i've already said he's not the guy he was in 2003 i fully expect Quinton to lose.? Just seems everyone loves to slate PRIDE.? Cro Cop get's knocked out and all of a sudden PRIDE sucks.? If Shogun and Fedor get slaughtered by UFC guys i may start to believe it...

...and as for Anderson Silva being "This Close" to being armbared by a C-Level Fighter, Lutter's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so he's got a damn good ground game, yeah he came close but he still lost and it's also been stated since he was carrying an injury going in hence the reason he had pretty much no take down defence...

I mean really Rampage/Cro Cop DO NOT define all that is PRIDE they don't even come close.? Yes they are 2 of the promotions best fighters but hell send 2 decent UFC guys over to PRIDE and if they lose does that make PRIDE the better promotion? so those 2 losing to UFC guys under UFC rules does not make UFC better....

I'm not saying Pride sucks... but their fighters are proving they are not "on another level" compared to UFC Figters. The only point Pride fans can seem to bring up is "look what happened when Chuck went to Pride".... and to that I say he went 2-1 (Overeem (KO) Metzger (KO)) and it wasn't Pride rules that beat Chuck (it was a similar bad gameplan to the Couture fight).

We had the chance to see their best LHW (Silva) against UFC's best LHW (Liddell) and low and behold Silva has been no where to be found after calling Chuck out... actually he got KO'd twice.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2007, 04:35:27 AM »

I mean really Rampage/Cro Cop DO NOT define all that is PRIDE they don't even come close.? Yes they are 2 of the promotions best fighters but hell send 2 decent UFC guys over to PRIDE and if they lose does that make PRIDE the better promotion? so those 2 losing to UFC guys under UFC rules does not make UFC better....

I'm not saying Pride sucks... but their fighters are proving they are not "on another level" compared to UFC Figters. The only point Pride fans can seem to bring up is "look what happened when Chuck went to Pride".... and to that I say he went 2-1 (Overeem (KO) Metzger (KO)) and it wasn't Pride rules that beat Chuck (it was a similar bad gameplan to the Couture fight).

We had the chance to see their best LHW (Silva) against UFC's best LHW (Liddell) and low and behold Silva has been no where to be found after calling Chuck out... actually he got KO'd twice.
Silva's profile as PRIDE's best LHW has slipped, Shogun has been the man for a long while now, both being Chute Boxe though they would not fight each other so Shogun could never get the title, now he's lost the title, things are different.

I think the best way to settle this will be the SuperShows which i can't wait for.  They should have 2 a year, 1 in PRIDE and 1 in UFC. yes I'm still pissed though that they are changing PRIDE rules... no

Chuck Liddell vs Shogun
Andrei Arlovski vs Josh Barnett
Randy Couture vs Fedor Emelianenko
Takanori Gomi vs Georges St. Pierre
Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva
Mark Hunt vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia
Tito Ortiz vs Wanderlai Silva

There's so many possibilities..... yes
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »

Another thing that I think is an issue for the Pride fighters entering the UFC... They are too small. Chuck Liddell walks around bigger than Cro Cop for example. Cro Cop fights at his natural weight, Chuck cuts to 205 from 228-235. Fedor for example bulks up for fights from 225 he could easily cut to 205. The majority of Pride Heavy's are no larger than Chuck or Tito.

As far as the rules changes... Zuffa wants to be able to have Pride travel. They could never hold a Pride event in the US with it's existing rules, they wouldn't get sanctioned by SAC's. Besides all we are really talking about are stomps, soccer kicks, and knees to the head when on the ground... which in the long run is a good thing. When this sports get deeper into the mainstream those rules will help prove it's not a brutal human cock fight. Plus years down the road you aren't going to see an MMA version of Ali who took 1000 too many shots to the head.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Bullshit Stoned dont give me the "Injury" excuse. Everybody says that when they get beat or have a lackluster performance. I hate it.

Lutter is a C Level Fighter, I dont care about his BJJ black belt as an overall MMA fighter he is C level at best and he has Silva on his back at will. Imagine what a good wrestler would do to Silva.

Pride doesnt suck but it has vastly been overrated by people who do this withe verything.

UFC is mainstream so people love to hate on Mainstream things and act like more underground lesser known things are better and superior when in reality they arent.

Rampage may not be the same fighter as he was in 2003 but Chuck is 100 times better since then so if Chuck's victory doesnt mean much, rampage's doesnt mean much in 03.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »

The truth is they both have great fighters for that organazation. but doesn't mean that they transfer well to the other. i

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #346 on: May 07, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »

Bullshit Stoned dont give me the "Injury" excuse. Everybody says that when they get beat or have a lackluster performance. I hate it.

Lutter is a C Level Fighter, I dont care about his BJJ black belt as an overall MMA fighter he is C level at best and he has Silva on his back at will. Imagine what a good wrestler would do to Silva.
Dude, i know that excuse is used a lot but have you ever thought that sometimes it's true.  Silva's takedown defence become non existent it was pretty obvious if you've seen him before that something was wrong you don't just lose the ability to block takedowns because Lutter's takedown attempts were hardly wonderful....

....and don't forget how he demolished Franklin...is he a C level fighter?

Pride doesnt suck but it has vastly been overrated by people who do this withe verything.

UFC is mainstream so people love to hate on Mainstream things and act like more underground lesser known things are better and superior when in reality they arent.
Dude you should know me better than that.  Now i prefer PRIDE because you get loads more ground based stuff, lot's more submission fighting which as you know is my thing whereas UFC you are getting more and more stand up.  Look back at Gonzaga vs Cro Cop, Gonzaga was dominating him on the ground with elbows, doing damage and they got stood up that was bullshit but that was a combination of appeasing the fans and protecting Cro Cop, no way should they of been stood up.

Rampage may not be the same fighter as he was in 2003 but Chuck is 100 times better since then so if Chuck's victory doesnt mean much, rampage's doesnt mean much in 03.
He's hardly a 100 times better you are prone to exagerrating a tad Tongue my point is, he's got better Rampage hasn't.  Rampage has lost that aggression that Mike Tyson like killer instinct, i'll be shocked if Rampage wins, if he does i'd put it down to Chuck being nervous due to what happened in 2003....

...The whole point of a "PRIDE" vs "UFC" thing is the best in each weight division facing off.  Well Rampage was NOT the best LightHeavyweight in PRIDE, Henderson, Shogun & Wanderlai are all superior....

...as for UFC vs PRIDE the first fight in the MMA Series occured at PRIDE 34 and Monson won so it's 1-0 to UFC, for now. Wink

Both promotions i love watching, both have great fighters and both have some poor fighters, what annoyed the hell out of me was the way people were jumping up and down laughing when Cro Cop lost saying PRIDE sucks, that became the general consensus on many of the forums based on one fight which is bullshit.

The truth is they both have great fighters for that organazation. but doesn't mean that they transfer well to the other. i

Spot on.  Look at guys like Wanderlai and Shogun these guys finish their opponents with soccer kicks and stomps, hell they aren't even legal now.

Look at Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz, they love to shove their opponents into the side of the cage (can't do that in PRIDE) and Tito loves to unleash the ground and pound with those elbows, well in PRIDE he couldn't do that either, well he could now since the rules are being switched (Unfortunately) but before he would of been unable to.

And on the subject of Cro Cop, he's suffered defeats before, shock ones to (See: Randleman) and he's come back stronger, i still expect he to be Champion in time, he's a smart guy who will learn and come back better than ever, one defeat means nothing!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »

The way I figure it, it's a good buy for the UFC to aquire Pride, but it's gotta be handled properly.  This could easily turn into a WWE WCW type situation if they're not careful.

But there is one guy who Dana doesn't have, and he is the best ever in alot of peoples opinion, and thats Fedor.

Fedor could crush anyone in the UFC in my opinion.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

Fedor is amazing, but it's the same situation. He hasn't fought these guys... So who knows.

By the way I have to throw out congratulations to Joe Lauzon (next town over from me)... Great fight on TUF lastnight. Hopefully he fears a little better in the UFC than my other hometown fighter (Alex Karalexis).
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »

Fedor is amazing, but it's the same situation. He hasn't fought these guys... So who knows.

By the way I have to throw out congratulations to Joe Lauzon (next town over from me)... Great fight on TUF lastnight. Hopefully he fears a little better in the UFC than my other hometown fighter (Alex Karalexis).

Sounds like you got some bad-asses over in your neck of the woods.

Fedor is un-human.  His issue is that he wants to stay and fight in Russia.  I would flip out if Dana does sign him and he fights Couture.

Fedor Emeilianenko Vs Randy Couture. 

The mother of all fights. beer

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2007, 07:03:29 PM »

Fedor is un-human.? His issue is that he wants to stay and fight in Russia.? I would flip out if Dana does sign him and he fights Couture.

Fedor Emeilianenko Vs Randy Couture.?

The mother of all fights. beer

That fight almost happened once:

RINGS
Emelianenko's only loss in MMA came at the hands of Tsuyoshi Kohsaka at the King of Kings 2000 Block B event on December 22, 2000, via a TKO (doctor stoppage due to a cut) 17 seconds into the fight [5]. The cut was caused by an elbow strike reopening a cut sustained in his previous fight against Ricardo Arona, a blow illegal under RINGS rules unless the striker is wearing elbow pads.[16] Since the fight was in a tournament format, a winner and loser was required (no draws and no no-contests) and as he could not go on in the tournament due to the cut Kohsaka moved on (the match would have been a NC or DQ for Kohsaka otherwise). He avenged the loss at the PRIDE Bushido 6 event on April 3, 2005, defeating Kohsaka by TKO due to doctor stoppage after the first round. If Emelianenko had progressed, he would have met Randy Couture in the next round [17].

Massachusetts is one of the Best MMA States in the US. Check out massmma.com

All MA Fighters:
The guy who beat Kimbo on the infamous web video is a Boston Cop (Sean Gannon)
Kenny Florian
Alex Karralexis
Gabriel Gonzaga (trains north of Boston)
Joe Lauzon
Dan Lauzon
Jorge Rivera
and on and on....

Great MMA Scene
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2007, 07:27:19 PM »

My home town fighter is Mike Bisping  Tongue

Joe Lauzon is good, hell he's already beaten Jens Pulver...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #352 on: May 16, 2007, 03:58:29 AM »

Never understood Lauzon being ont he show.

He beat pulver and never fought in the UFC again.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2007, 08:00:54 AM »

Never understood Lauzon being ont he show.

He beat pulver and never fought in the UFC again.

The show was taped a while ago. He hurt is wrist training after the Jens fight and then went right into the show.
I heard his brother was supposed to be on the show, but is too young. (he;s old enough to fight in the UFC but not be on the show (alcohol in the house))
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2007, 02:52:22 PM »

Can you buy the PPVs via the UFC site? Really wanna watch the next one live and not wait for Bravo to show it on the Monday.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

Can you buy the PPVs via the UFC site? Really wanna watch the next one live and not wait for Bravo to show it on the Monday.
Don't think so, you should be able to get a torrent of it straight after it's happened though so with a decent connection you could have it downloaded to watch early sunday...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2007, 06:30:12 PM »

http://video.ufc.com/
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2007, 01:02:12 AM »

Bad stopage... Liddell was covering up when Big John jumped in and stopped it. I have seen worse stopages, but Chuck could have continued... he was totally with it when the fight was stopped.

.................Congrats Rampage...........get used to it.......... It won't last
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2007, 01:05:47 AM »

Wasn't a bad stop. Chucks arms went down and dude wasn't defending .

All in all it was a pretty damn good show .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2007, 01:13:41 AM »

Wasn't a bad stop. Chucks arms went down and dude wasn't defending .

All in all it was a pretty damn good show .
He was covering up when the fight was stopped...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: