Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:43:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278387 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2007, 01:16:03 AM »

his arms were at his side when big john stepped in .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2007, 02:37:50 AM »

Sorry C0ma, Chuck was finished. He didnt know where he was when John jumped in. He went limp that means fights over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2007, 02:34:16 PM »

I was pretty shocked that CHuck lost. Though am I the only one who thinks he didn't look to comfortable in their with Jackson ?The way he was moving in there just didn't seem like chuck.   
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2007, 07:19:44 PM »

Limp?

Legs flat out?

"What happened?" comment afterwards...

....Stoppage was fully justified.

I was really surprised though, Rampage came in on a win streak but not an impressive one, he looked ropey against Eastman and won a dodgy split decision over Lindland, great to see him back on top form, he fought a good fight and did not make the mistake most do of being goaded in by Chuck.

Henderson vs Rampage next should be great, Henderson has heavy hands, he's a great fighter his last match with Wanderlai was fantastic, speaking of Wanderlai, it seems this loss for Chuck has a positive for us the viewers, word is Chuck's next fight is against Wanderlai.

Good to see Parysian win again, really like the guy, good to see Judo utilised in the octagon, he's not deserving of a title shot yet, Kosheck should be next in line.

Suprised Kalib won i thought Leben edged it, before the fight Leben had been mouthing off about how it was his last fight of his contract and he wanted more money, after that loss i think he needs to lower his demands or he might be leaving...

Jardine getting knocked out was picture perfect stuff, really enjoyed that, he got a good shot early, flew in then got overpowered.....

Shame to see Ivan lose the guy has looked pretty good in the past, his win over Joe Riggs was a classic...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

rewatched it this morning...
Good call by Big John... I think being caught up in the moment last night all i payed attention to was his arms going up and then him popping right up after it ended... but he didn't know where the hell he was.
That's just a bad match up for Chuck. I think if they fought 10 times Ramage wins 9...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2007, 10:22:28 PM »

I knew Chuck would lose, I just figured it would go a couple of rounds.

Fact of the matter is, Chucky hasn't fought a pure striker since Rampage the first time, he's only fought wrestlers.? And with his partying ways mixed with his age...?

Rampage doesn't have to worry about Chuck.? His goofy-ass boxing technique has finally caught up to him.? A trained boxer like Rampage gets ahold to his ass and you see what happens.

But now that Hendo is in the UFC, and with the rumors that Shogun has signed, thats what Rampage has to worry about.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:24:54 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »

Anyone get the feeling that PRIDE is going the WCW way after WWE bought it.  They said they were keeping it as a seperate entity, with a show, maybe enxt year with some big match-ups.  They seem to be having those matches already.  Shogun is meant to be under a UFC contract as is Cro Cop, Rampage, Werdum & Little Nog.  Now Henderson who had 2 PRIDE belts is fighting for a UFC one, what if he wins?  Is he going to jump out both promotions defending all 3 titles?  Also the PRIDE event scheduled for July has been cancelled again, i hope they don't but it seems they may be getting rid of PRIDE, either that or they just don't have a clue what to do with it.  I remember when they bought it word was a lot of contracts did not come with it and they would have to secure people, guys like Barnett, Fedor & Wanderlai are not definate especially with Fedor fighting for BoDog.

With Rampage winning it really does throw the division wide open as to who is the best, it seems some people just can't beat others no matter what, you could go round in circles with who can beat who.  People say Wanderlai has lost it and is nothing now, the guy has DEMOLISHED Rampage twice though, both wins he took him apart, Chuck has taken Tito apart twice, Rampage has taken Chuck apart twice, no one man really stands out as elite and unbeatable in the division anymore.  Henderson is 1-1 with Wanderlai.  The one guy who could be the elite man is Shogun the question is how well does he adapt to UFC rules, he has gone through people soccer kicking and stomping them into submission, he beat Rampage no problem, and his only losses were to Sobral real early in his career and a freak arm injury fighting Coleman.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »

There are certainly alot of similarities between UFCs aquisition of Pride and the horrendous WCW WWE merger.  I always wondered why Dana said that UFC fighters were superior to Pride fighters, yet he spends 70 million on them.

I also feel sorry for the up and coming UFC fighters who have been put on the back-burner for Pride guys coming in.  I'm concerned about the current state of MMA now that Dana is the friggin' Czar of MMA. 

You are right about Shogun.  Without the soccer kicks and knees on the ground I worry that alot of his atributes will be gone and he might adjust for the worse.

BY the way, you see how fat Tim Silvia looked at UFC 71 when he was out in the crowd?  Dude looked horrible.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »

UFC fighters arent superior but Pride fighters have been overrated a bit. I mean outside Rampage, Pride havent done so well everywhere else.

I see no point in having two seperate brands, let the best fighters fight and get rid of some of the TUF shit they have on their fighting.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »

BY the way, you see how fat Tim Silvia looked at UFC 71 when he was out in the crowd?? Dude looked horrible.
If you did not know who he was you'd of just thought he was some real tall goofball in the crowd, with all these big names covering in his days are numbered...

UFC fighters arent superior but Pride fighters have been overrated a bit. I mean outside Rampage, Pride havent done so well everywhere else.
Many haven't had the chance yet, Fedor, Henderson (He's actually 2-0 in UFC from back in the day), Little Nog, Gomi, Shogun haven't fought in the UFC yet...

Big names from PRIDE.? Cro Cop is 1-1 in UFC, Werdum is 0-1, Anderson Silva is 3-0 and Middleweight Champ and Rampage is 2-0 and Light-Heavyweight Champ, not a bad start...

I see no point in having two seperate brands, let the best fighters fight and get rid of some of the TUF shit they have on their fighting.
I like the idea of having 2 seperate companies, there are too many fighers for one even when you get rid of the crap and there is a fair bit to ditch.? I like the idea of keeping them seperate and having a show each year where the champions from each fight each other.? I like a lot of the PRIDE elements (although UFC seems to be getting rid of most), for instance the Grand Prix Tournaments are great and the opportunity to see someone fight twice in one night is decent and a real test....

Edit: I could be wrong, but D do you actually watch much PRIDE?  I've got the impression you haven't bothered with it much and if so then a merger obviously wouldn't bother you because you would not be losing a promotion since you hardly watch it....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:35:20 PM by Stoned » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2007, 08:09:26 AM »

Zuffa's main concern in MMA is making it respectable. As long as they own Pride it will run under rules that would allow for U.S. sanctioning. If this weekends fight (probably the largest UFC PPV audience to date) ended with a rampage win by soccer kick to the head, you would be hearing about how brutal the "human cockfighting" is and the talks of ban's would be back to the fore front.
If they keep Pride as a seperate entity it will run in Japan under UFC rules in a UFC cage.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »

This thread has gone far too quiet so let's get things rolling again....

UFC 72 on paper was a lackluster card but it was ok, the Main Event though was a real bore until the last few minutes when the real Yushin Okami arrived and showed how good he really is.

It's official the next event in the UK will be UFC 75 in London. ?2 Fights confirmed are Champion vs Champion, Rampage vs Henderson as well as Bisping vs Hamill. ?Bisping has messed up at times in his last few fights and shown he has a long way to go but so has Hamill if they keep it standing Bisping should win easily.

UFC 73 Stacked looks like it will live up to it's name the card is really well stacked it looks fantastic. ?Big Nog debuting to demolish Heath Herring, the fantastic Hermes Franca getting his well deserved title shot, Anderson Silva's first official defence and Ken Flo in action, it's the best card since UFC 66.

TUF this season has been much better than the last one (not difficult), i've really enjoyed it. ?The final should be interesting, my money is on Nate Diaz, i like both so i'm not to bothered, but if i had to pick one i'd want Manny to win. ?Originally Spike wanted Sims vs Noah on the final and the match was announced but Dana pissed at what happened on the show said no fucking way is that happening and they will never fight in the UFC, i think it's fair enough it's dicks like that who give the sport a bad reputation.

Pulver vs Penn should be a cracking match i'm hoping and thinking Penn will win, i think Penn is pound for pound one of the best fighters in the world without a doubt.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2007, 11:28:06 AM »

Here is a recent interview with Pulver....

This is Tom Michel from BuddyTV, and I?m here with MMA fighter and the Ultimate Fighter 5 reality TV show coach, Jens Pulver. Jens, thanks for taking the time to talk to us today.

Hey thanks for having me. I really appreciate it.

Cool so let?s talk a little bit about The Ultimate Fighter. The series is in its fifth generation currently and really has attracted a solid following. What do you think has made the UFC so popular?

I think it answers that age old question, you know in boxing we?re coming around or when those other stand-up sports maybe some kickboxing or even some wrestling. What could happen if you threw in extra? And you know I think, me wrestling through high school, wrestling in college, there was a couple of guys who know that I like to value say, ?Boy, if I could punch though things would be different.? Or you get the boxers out there to do wonderful things with just their hands but you add in, what could happen if they had kicks or if they had take downs. I think MMA and the UFC was just that question and answered that. It was leave everything out there, and it was really no question after an MMA fight because you could do anything. So it kinda just really brought everything together and said ?Alright who?s the best fighters are no matter what their style.?

Very good, yeah. And I think it sort of appeals to the primal sets of a lot of people see inside. Everyone wants to believe that they are fighters at some point in their life. So I?m sure that the Ultimate Fighter 5 was quite an experience for you as a coach. What did you like most and least about the experience?

You know I think least?was the fact that it was a reality show. I think everything happens so fast, we?re talking six weeks. You know and we had sixteen people in there and we had eight on our side, eight on their side, we had to get a whole tournament done so every three days or two days we had people fighting, we had?So we had to adjust to that. Definitely that would be the least, that would be you know the drama, people stuck in these houses you know, not knowing I?m just glad we cut the hammer whole first round so we got to cut weight when we need to cut weight and we got to really decide who fights who and when, but you know the reality series part of it made it tough to be a coach. But the fun side, definitely the up side was the team that I had to coach was unbelievable. We all got along so well and had such a good time if they would?ve focused more on the training they probably wouldn?t have would?ve focused on that because really there wasn?t too much drama, we just did what we did, and we had a good time and everybody that was fired up they were all hungry, they were excited to be there and I mean that was definitely the positive side of it. I mean seeing all these guys ready to go make their mark and it was just a lot of fun.

So was there one thing that happened in the house that the general public isn?t supposed to know about or anything you can share with us that happened in the house that wasn?t televised?

No I think they pretty much televised everything right down to the food fights, the horse that stumbled out there on the granite. I mean, it pretty much showed it all. I mean there was nothing that they didn?t show. Even the fight was showed, though against some people you know didn?t really wanna go out there and publicize the fight but you know, it happened, they got the fight now and even the drinking or whatever you know Cole getting his head shaved, They showed everything. The writing on the wall, you know?I mean I think they showed everything.

Cool. So given your experience, would you do it all over again if you were asked to?

I?d do in a heartbeat. I had so much fun with that team, and I enjoyed it immensely. It snapped me out of this funk that I was in. I had a lot of fun, I could do it again, anytime.

Very cool. So did?gotta ask you this, did Joe Lauzon trash you in the house since he was your last real defeat back in September?

Never. And that was one of those things, you know. I wasn?t so much?I wasn?t worried about Joe talking the trash. I was worried about other people talking it for him. So one thing I got to notice when I got to know Joe, is that he was a sincere guy, and my like for him during the show was genuine. It wasn?t made just for the camera, but I liked him. The more I watched him fight, the more I didn?t hear about him, the more he just trained and worked hard, the better the loss was for me. It wasn?t so embarrassing like you know what, this kid is for real. And he wants to make a legitimate shot at fighting and he does take it seriously so actually it helped me and it was more rehabilitating because he was such a nice guy and he was down to earth that it definitely made things a lot easier and I proved a lot to this guy. I helped him a lot. I thinked the world to him and I hope the best for him in fighting and his fighting career.

We all liked him as well. We all expect to see a different Jens Pulver in the upcoming Penn fight for sure what we saw on the Lauzon fight. Now that you?ve beat BJ once before approaching this fight?is this upcoming fight with him any differently than when you beat him back in 2002?

Oh absolutely. I mean I mess around people ask me you know I got to state the fact. The fact is I was an underdog the first time and I came out, I beat him. In my fight in the same BJ, no way. If he?s gonna fight the same Jens Pulver, absolutely not. For me it?s a kinetic. I got the game plan, I?ve been training extremely hard. There are no excuses. I?m ready, I?ve already had my embarrassing little bump in the UFC road so I got no excuses there. I?m ready to get after it, I know BJ is gonna come and break shape, I?m definitely gonna be fighting the toughest BJ Penn anyone?s ever seen because one, he?s gotta run just to make 155. He?s gonna be in better shape just cause of the running he has to do to make the weight. And we?ve come so far from five years ago, we fought the first time you know he?s got a lot of great fights. He?s been to different weight classes and won a world title he?s always been gaining for, you know this is just something else. We were pitted against each other from the beginning, we were rivals from the minute he stepped on the scene and that just never died. It never went away, and now we get to turn around and we get to fight again. Do I sit and go ?Oh I?m winning. I?ve got the upper hand.? No. But at the same token, the reality is that I was the underdog the first time you know going into this one, BJ?s got a little bit you know? Favorite, underdog, to hell with that. I was the favorite last time and I lost so he looks at himself as being the underdog and I don?t necessarily really want to fight underdog feeling BJ Penn. That?s gonna be tough so I just always put myself on the same spot. I?m an underdog, you know, I?m counted out, and I just need to prove people wrong and that?s what I enjoy doing.

Once you step into the Octagon with BJ how do you see this fight playing out?

You know I think right of the bat I?m pretty sure I?m expecting take downs. I expecting him to shoot, I?m expecting him to shoot from away, I don?t know. I?m not saying I got the greatest hands in the world, but the reality is my win ratio has been a lot of fights by knock out, I do a lot of damage standing up, I?ve been working on my hands, I?m not going to go armbar for armbar with this guy. I?m gonna go in there and I?m just gonna do a fight. I?m gonna fight, and that?s all there is to it. Everything pretty is going out the window and I?m gonna go in and I?m gonna roughhouse. I?m gonna make everything he does hard. I?m expecting him to shoot, I know he wants to get me down on the ground and he wants to get me out in that first round. He?s very strong in the first round and if he can, he wants to apply the submission you know. Getting BJ to stay on top of you that?s a nightmare. You do not want that guy on top of you. He is too good. And the reality is, I just get out there and push the pace. Get the sweat going, and start getting up the fatigue so that my hands are still on the same bombs that I plan on showing on the first place. So I?m just really going out there open face. When they say go, I wanna be first, I wanna be last, I wanna be everything in the middle.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »

I can?t wait to watch that. What?s in store for Jens Pulver following the BJ fight? I think there has been some rumors that you have potentially dropped down?

It wouldn?t be much of a drop cause I?m a little guy, I walk around, I mean I?m already on weight now, when I fatten up sit around playing my computer games, I can Pepsi drink myself up to 183 no problem. But the reality is when I?m in shape, and I?m in good top conditioned shape, I?ll be a hundred and fifty pounds. I had a great time fighting at 145, I won all my fights by knockout, down there I?ve had some great wars. 155 pounds I was starting to get big. Real big. And I think for me, going down and building another weight class. I mean, I get to be the proud father of the 155 pounds. I?m the godfather, I was the first one in there, and I get to watch it grow and flourish, and I?m extremely happy about that. One day when I?m done fighting, I can always tell my grandkids, yeah your grandpa started that weight. You know, when this is the biggest sport on the planet, I can say yeah I was the first ever world champion at that weight. So I got my pride there but I think ultimately I?ll go where the UFC tells me to go, but the reality is, 145 was the weight I would go if given the choice. If they tell me to go 155, absolutely. I?m staying at 155.

I think a lot of people would be secretly clamoring for the match between you and Uriah Faber.

Yeah and I think it would work well and it would be a lot of fun. There?s a couple of other guys down there at 145 and the biggest thing for me is that I?ve always been an advocate of the little guy. I wanna see?you know there?s a hundred and ten, hundred and fifteen guys, hundred and twenty pound guys that you know, they gotta basically write off the sport. I can?t be an MMA fighter cause the weight class is 155 and I?m too small. I know some dangerous thirty-five pounder. It will be up to them to take the opportunity to make the most out of it, but I remember back in the day when people told me they had a hundred and seventy pounds. ?Oh, so you are gonna go out and fight in the UFC cause they don?t have a hundred and fifty pound.? and I said ?No, they?ll make a hundred and fifty five pounds.? I?m gonna go out there and be so damned exciting, that they?re gonna make a hundred and fifty five pounds just to put me on the show. So I mean, we?re still building. We got a long way to go as far as with all the weight classes but we?re in the right direction, and I think you know 145 there?s a lot of great fighters and I would really love to be in the middle of all that and have fun doing it.

Well sure. Regardless of whatever you decide to do for a weight class perspective, you will be successful. Your heart, your attitude and your passion for the sport will ensure that. Jens, I wanna thank you for taking the time today and from all of us at BuddyTV, we wish you nothing but good luck and continued success on June 23rd and beyond.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it and thank you for the support. It means a lot to me and you know like I said it?s just been a fun ride and one thing about this show, I?m glad that people actually got to see me. You know they didn?t?there was no. you know you got a perception on some people but that?s me. That was me on that show and I?m just glad people got to look at it not too many are making fun of me.

Well again thank you so much for your time and we?ll let you get back to doing what you?re doing and can?t wait to watch the fight.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »

I am close to being strictly MMA  and no longer watching wrestling.

I was sick of WWE anyhow and after this Chris Benoit shit, I just can't bring myself to watch anymore...............................

Tito is gonna fucking OWN Rashad Evans Next Saturday.

I don't know why so many people hate on Tito now. The only people he has lost to in the last 5 years have been world champions. No shame in losing to Randy or Chuck.

Tito didnt bitch out against Dana either, They had an agreement, Dana wanted to fuck Tito over and do all the profiting from the fight so Tito pulled out.

MMA fighters get absolutely raped by Dana and the UFC and Tito doesn't allow it to happen to him and I say Great for Tito.

I think Nate Marquardt can take Silva to the limits but I expect Silva to win.

Sean Sherk will also win.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2007, 03:07:45 AM »

UFC 72 on paper was a lackluster card but it was ok, the Main Event though was a real bore until the last few minutes when the real Yushin Okami arrived and showed how good he really is.

It's official the next event in the UK will be UFC 75 in London. ?2 Fights confirmed are Champion vs Champion, Rampage vs Henderson as well as Bisping vs Hamill. ?Bisping has messed up at times in his last few fights and shown he has a long way to go but so has Hamill if they keep it standing Bisping should win easily.

UFC 73 Stacked looks like it will live up to it's name the card is really well stacked it looks fantastic. ?Big Nog debuting to demolish Heath Herring, the fantastic Hermes Franca getting his well deserved title shot, Anderson Silva's first official defence and Ken Flo in action, it's the best card since UFC 66.

TUF this season has been much better than the last one (not difficult), i've really enjoyed it. ?The final should be interesting, my money is on Nate Diaz, i like both so i'm not to bothered, but if i had to pick one i'd want Manny to win. ?Originally Spike wanted Sims vs Noah on the final and the match was announced but Dana pissed at what happened on the show said no fucking way is that happening and they will never fight in the UFC, i think it's fair enough it's dicks like that who give the sport a bad reputation.

Pulver vs Penn should be a cracking match i'm hoping and thinking Penn will win, i think Penn is pound for pound one of the best fighters in the world without a doubt.

How did u forget Tito vs Rashad on Stacked?

That card is gonna be amazing.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »

How did u forget Tito vs Rashad on Stacked?

That card is gonna be amazing.
Haha my mistake.  Should be a great fight, people are really split.  On an MMA website i use the poll has it like 800 votes for Tito and 750 for Rashad and the betting odds only have Tito as the very slight favourite.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »

Odds are now dead even as Randy couture picked Rashad.

Tito better win this fight or he is done.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #378 on: July 06, 2007, 07:54:32 PM »

Odds are now dead even as Randy couture picked Rashad.

Tito better win this fight or he is done.
You don't sound to confident....I was thinking with you being such a big fan you would be backing him all the way, when you sound unsure about a Tito fight you know he's in trouble.... Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #379 on: July 06, 2007, 11:16:10 PM »

Oh i am 100000000 percent behind Tito

Anything can happen in a fight though and if Tito loses I dont know where he goes from here......... Dana hates him and he has only one fight left.....

It would really suck to not get to see my fav fighter anymore.

I think he will beat Rashad though, Tito looks so much bigger than Rashad and Rashad really has never fought anyone.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: