Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 279318 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2007, 11:03:33 AM »

george St. Pierre vs josh koshckeck in the next ufc !

GSP needs to win this if he wants his belt back.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2007, 01:59:48 PM »

How many people were disapointed with "Stacked"?

Personally I think Sean Sherk is bad for the 155 division. He has a very boring style and can't seem to finish a fight. I almost hate making this argument because I can;t stand listening to people who slag off on very good technical ground fights... but with Sherk there is never the feeling that he is going to finish the other fighter with a sub or via GnP. His whole MO is to wear on you for 15 minutes so that you can't gain position on him or mount any offense, which is a great game plan, but it isn;t going to further the following at 155.

How many former Pride Heavies are going to step into the Octagon with a mystique of being practicaly unbeatable then be either beat or made to look average against a "Can" that the UFC lined up to be a highlight reel win. I almost don't want to see Fedor come to the UFC... I feel like they would throw him in the ring against a fighter with a sub .250 record who made his last appearance at a local armory and he would be made to look "average".

As far as the Tito v. Evans fight... I have never been a big fan of Tito's whole "act" leading up to fights, but I do respect him because for the most part he has been able to back the act up in the ring...
But who the F' is Rashad Evans to come out of that fight talking about being robbed and that he whipped on Tito.. The fight was only a draw because Tito had a point taken away.
Rashad hasn't beaten anyone worth talking about... and his "bigest name" win game against Stephan Bonnar (where he dry humped Stephan for 3 rounds in the most embarassing "Lay and Pray" win I've seen)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

How many people were disapointed with "Stacked"?
Yeah it had the potential to be card ot the year but was a let down.

Personally I think Sean Sherk is bad for the 155 division. He has a very boring style and can't seem to finish a fight. I almost hate making this argument because I can;t stand listening to people who slag off on very good technical ground fights... but with Sherk there is never the feeling that he is going to finish the other fighter with a sub or via GnP. His whole MO is to wear on you for 15 minutes so that you can't gain position on him or mount any offense, which is a great game plan, but it isn;t going to further the following at 155.
He's the Sylvia of tjhe division, he trains to go the distance and fully intends to, he has no desire to finish, i'd also like to know what bullshit weight cutting he's doing since Mike Goldberg said he was probably 175 in there...

How many former Pride Heavies are going to step into the Octagon with a mystique of being practicaly unbeatable then be either beat or made to look average against a "Can" that the UFC lined up to be a highlight reel win. I almost don't want to see Fedor come to the UFC... I feel like they would throw him in the ring against a fighter with a sub .250 record who made his last appearance at a local armory and he would be made to look "average".
Blah! Big Nog has got his ass kicked before, he has a rep for it happening and still emerging victorious and hell he's beaten Herring twice before, he made on stupid mistake in the fight, aside from that MAJOR blip he dominated it no problem....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »

Blah! Big Nog has got his ass kicked before, he has a rep for it happening and still emerging victorious and hell he's beaten Herring twice before, he made on stupid mistake in the fight, aside from that MAJOR blip he dominated it no problem....

Don't get me wrong... Big Nog is an animal, but there is just something weird about they way ALL of them have come out in their first fight. If he fought Herring 10 more times he beats him all 10 times, and that kick doesn't happen in any of them.

I'm just trying to figure out if the cage vs. the ring is the reason that they all start slow in their first fight.
Hell even Rampages fight prior to Chuck... if  he fought Chuck that day Chuck would have mauled him. He looked real rusty against Eastman.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2007, 03:08:20 PM »

Don't get me wrong... Big Nog is an animal, but there is just something weird about they way ALL of them have come out in their first fight. If he fought Herring 10 more times he beats him all 10 times, and that kick doesn't happen in any of them.

I'm just trying to figure out if the cage vs. the ring is the reason that they all start slow in their first fight.
Hell even Rampages fight prior to Chuck... if? he fought Chuck that day Chuck would have mauled him. He looked real rusty against Eastman.
I know what you mean, before Big Nog's fight i had a funny feeling that he might fuck up.  Thing with Rampage is he'd been fighting rusty for years, Chuck really was his turn around fight.  I think with some it's the pressure of UFC being the big thing and these guys being hyped up so much.  Look at Anderson Silva, he came in quietly on a UFC Fight Night with little fanfare and he for the most part has been coasting.  Cro Cop though also admitted that he hadn't been training in a cage (he is now) which is just plain dumb.  I fully expect him to come back though, like i said he's been upset before and recovered.  What's annoying me in some of these fights though is the refs some biased sometimes towards the "Big Name".  The state Big Nog was in, most fighters in that position the referee would of stopped it he was so out of it.  Look at the Cro Cop fight, Cro Cop was getting his ass handed to him on the ground, there was PLENTY of activity but the ref stood 'em up which just looked like a shit way to protect him, but boy did that backfire...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2007, 02:40:45 AM »

The UFC scoring is complete bullshit in my opinion.

Boxing goes by 10 point scoring system partly cause their are so many rounds u need a way to keep track of who did what when so u don't overlook the first half of the fight and only remember the 2nd half.

With UFC, They dont need the boxing system, they need something else.

If u watch the fight, Tito did Everything in that fight. Rashad did 3 things the whole fight:

1. Landed the thumb on Tito
2. take down and a couple of punches at the end of the fight

For 14 minutes Tito controlled the entire fight and just cause Evans gets one takedown and a couple punches he gets a draw?

that would be like the NBA resetting the score after every other quarter and making whoever wins the most quarters the victor even if a team outscored someone by 20pts in one of the quarters.

Watch the fight from start to finish and it is clear that Tito won easily.

Fedor will lose in the UFC, He is good fighter but a fraud in a lot of ways. He beat Cro Cop which was his signature win but look at what happened to Cro Cop.

Fedor bleeds easily, gets taken down by good wrestlers and is only undefeated cause Pride doesn't allow elbows

A great Ground and pound wrestler would hand Fedor his ass.

Why else does Fedor fight for peanuts instead of the big UFC bank?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2007, 07:30:52 AM »

Rumour has it that UFC76 will be Shogun vs Forrest Griffin, i hope it's true, that would be an awesome fight.  Also it seems the plan for then is to Jardine vs Liddell.  Bit of a shame for Chuck, if he wins nobody cares because Jardine has little credibility at the moment and if he loses...he's in big trouble. nervous
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »

I hope Forrest wins.

If Forrest beats Shogun, Pride lovers are gonna have to swallow it cause they won't have any more excuses.

NOG was suppose to be this amazing heavyweight and he got his ass saved in the Heath Herring fight cause that should've been stopped.

Cro Cop looked overrated

The only Pride Fighter that has lived up to the hype is Anderson Silva.

Rampage has Chuck's number but we will see how well he keeps doing.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2007, 07:57:47 AM »

I hope Forrest wins.

If Forrest beats Shogun, Pride lovers are gonna have to swallow it cause they won't have any more excuses.

NOG was suppose to be this amazing heavyweight and he got his ass saved in the Heath Herring fight cause that should've been stopped.

Cro Cop looked overrated

The only Pride Fighter that has lived up to the hype is Anderson Silva.

Rampage has Chuck's number but we will see how well he keeps doing.
I'd sayin' Rampage having Chuck number is living up to the hype.  Out of the 4 guys you mention Silva is 4-0, Big Nog 1-0, Rampage 2-0, Cro Cop 1-1.  Not bad, slate their performances all you want, there is 1 loss there Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »

Sherk & Franca have BOTH failed drug tests, Sherk is appealing, but if not he's suspended til like June 2008, so it sounds like he could be stripped of the Gold....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2007, 12:11:17 AM »

I think everybody uses Roids in sports pretty much

I wasnt shocked at all with Sherk

Just look at the guy.

I think Fedor is a juicer also which is why he won't come to the UFC.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2007, 01:06:28 AM »

nah I think Sherk is innocent, sure the guy is stacked but I don't think hes the kind of guy who takes them.

The following is from the official MySpace Blog of UFC Lightweight champion "The Muscle Shark" Sean Sherk:

"At the present time I cannot explain the positive drug test in Sacramento California. I know I have never used any steroids or any other banned substances, I am investigating possible causes of my positive test with my attorney. I have never cheated, all of my success has come from hard work and dedication to my sport!"

I hope the rumour about Forrest vs Shotgun is true, I'd love to see that happen

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2007, 04:25:20 AM »

nah I think Sherk is innocent, sure the guy is stacked but I don't think hes the kind of guy who takes them.
rofl

No chance dude, just look at the guy, only strange thing is it's taken him so long to get caught.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2007, 09:27:12 AM »

UFC lightweight contender Tyson Griffin " having already been involved in two Fight of the Year candidates with Frankie Edgar and Clay Guida " confirmed Saturday he would be fighting undefeated Brazilian Thiago Tavares at UFC 76 Sept. 22 in Anaheim, Calif.

===================

Travis Lutter vs debutant Ryan Jensen has been added to the "Respect" card

===================

rumour is that UFC will be signing a deal with ESPN who are offering more airtime than Spike TV

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:10 AM »

CAPTAIN AMERICA WOOPED THAT STUPID BEANERS ASS

GSP KICKED THE SHIT OUTTA THAT FAGGOT WITH PUBES GROWING OUT OF HIS HEAD

AWSOME FIGHT  beer smoking

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

Randy in my opinion can beat Fedor.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »

So who was responsible for spilling all that blood on the mat?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »

^ David Heath got bust open big style.

Great event, shame we did not see any of the prelims, hopefully i'll fine 'em online, i'm happy Mir is winning again. Cheesy
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »

Former WWE champion Brock Lesnar has not yet signed with UFC; however Dana White is expecting a deal with him soon and hasn't indicated any roadblocks. Lesnar was at UFC 74 "Respect" Saturday night but wasn?t shown on television because he is not under contract.

Lesnar did have a brief exchange with Randy Couture after the match in the aisle congratulating him

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

Well, well, well.  Quite an interesting event, i liked UFC 75.

Solid main event, really back and forth, both Henderson and Rampage looked impressive and i agreed with the judges.  Hendo definately got Round 1, 2nd was 50-50, and 3rd, 4th and 5th were Rampage's.  If Henderson goes down to the Middleweight Division he'll be a real force there, he should do to as that Division needs bulking up.

Bisping was dissapointing against Hamill.  How 2 judges and sherdog.com can give it to Bisping i don't know, i'm going to re-watch it tomorrow but i was with the 30-27 judge, Hamill controlled the whole fight, standing and on the ground, he took him down multiple times and did more damage.  Now i've read Bisping got the second round because he showed more aggression, all i saw was him being hyper and on edge whereas Hamill was cool, calm and collected.  Anyway rumours point to Bisping moving down to 185 and that's a DAMN good idea.  When the decision was announced his response and the crowds was not that of "Great Bisping wins!", it was "Holy Shit!  He's won? Great!".

Kongo vs Cro Cop was a bore and Cro Cop was really, really disappointing.

Davis vs Taylor was a superb action packed fight, loved it and both fighters did themselves proud, Davis' recovery was nothing short of amazing, sweet armbar to.

Houston Alexander looked impressive but i'm still not that convinved.  The dude hits heavy and has some hellacious knees but he looks clumsy and has a weak defence (evidenced against Jardine) the guy can just take a fair few shots but sooner or later against a more competent fighter he will get caught, still fun to watch though.

Jesse "The Joker" looked impressive again, the guy always looked happy and it's great to see someone who first applied to get in to the UFC in 1994 finally make it.

Overall solid card!  ok
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: