Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship  (Read 278377 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #400 on: September 09, 2007, 06:49:59 AM »

Hamill got screwed plain and simple. that was an obvious rip job and Bisping won only cause it was in England.

Bisping won 2 rounds???

He didnt win 20 seconds of the entire fight in my opinion

Cro Cop is only fighting for a paycheck these days, He has no heart anymore or will to fight. They need to get rid of his ass immediately.

Rampage has really went to another level.

After the first round I thought he was in for a long night but he outwrestled the supposedly better wrestler.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #401 on: September 09, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »

Hamill got screwed plain and simple. that was an obvious rip job and Bisping won only cause it was in England.

Bisping won 2 rounds???

He didnt win 20 seconds of the entire fight in my opinion

Cro Cop is only fighting for a paycheck these days, He has no heart anymore or will to fight. They need to get rid of his ass immediately.

Rampage has really went to another level.

After the first round I thought he was in for a long night but he outwrestled the supposedly better wrestler.
Woah, we actually agree on everything for once.  Fact is at 205 Bisping and Hamill are both medicore, Hamill did fuck all when he was on the ground, he should of finished him.  At 205 guys like Rampage, Liddell, Henderson, Jardine, Shogun, Griffin, Ortiz, Evans, Machida, Houston, Wanderlai and probably some dudes i have forgotten are all ahead in the pecking order.  Bisping REALLY needs to drop down.

Cro Cop is on like $350,000 per fight or something which is a joke.  They tried to big up Kongo, Kongo is a horrid fighter, it wasn't anything to do with him improving it was Cro Cop being crap!

So for Rampage next, the winner of Shogun vs Forrest?  And then if he wins a few fights a rematch with Chuck...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #402 on: September 09, 2007, 08:15:07 AM »

I can't wait till Shogun vs Forrest, I've been wanting this fight for quite along time

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #403 on: September 09, 2007, 07:10:49 PM »

Chuck is fighting Wanderlei Silva in November I have heard, So I say u are right Hammy, Griffin/Shogun winner gets Rampage and then the winner of that gets the SIlva/Liddell winner.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »

Chuck is fighting Wanderlei Silva in November I have heard
Not likely since he's fighting Jardine in 2 weeks, apart from the likes of Huerta most guys have like 3-4 months between fights.  I heard it was rumoured for the end of December and that was providing he beat Jardine without sustaining any real damage....

....be cool if we got that, seems they have a pretty cool rumoured New Years' Eve Show.

Chuck vs Wanderlai and Hughes vs Serra.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2007, 07:39:39 AM »

Me with UFC Fighter Jeff Monson

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #406 on: September 20, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »

Now theres a wrestler right there!
The one on the right!

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #407 on: September 20, 2007, 05:00:02 PM »

This is what a friend sent to me:

In Newcastle's local newspaper the Evening Chronicle its got an article about how dangerous cage fighting is and that medical workers are trying to get it banned and stuff.

It also says that the UFC have been on a tour of England looking for places to hold future UFC events. One the places they liked was the MetroRadio Arena in Newcastle and a UK UFC (or someone) says that they are close to signing a contract and are hoping to come to Newcastle early to mid next year.

I hear March is when they want to have the show, the Arena holds around 11,000. It comes as a surprise to me as the Arena is not too highly thought of by many people.

I'm not complaining though since my College is 2minutes away from the Arena. I'm definatly there!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #408 on: September 20, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »

Awesome pic Stoned.? Congrats, that must have been amazing!!

UFC NIGHT FIGHT was incredible last night.

Nate Quarry vs Pete Sell was a war and Chris Leben vs Terry Martin had a CLASSIC finish. ok

Nate Diaz showed some amazing jiu Jitsu work.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:49:42 PM by D » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #409 on: September 21, 2007, 08:43:18 AM »

This is what a friend sent to me:

In Newcastle's local newspaper the Evening Chronicle its got an article about how dangerous cage fighting is and that medical workers are trying to get it banned and stuff.

It also says that the UFC have been on a tour of England looking for places to hold future UFC events. One the places they liked was the MetroRadio Arena in Newcastle and a UK UFC (or someone) says that they are close to signing a contract and are hoping to come to Newcastle early to mid next year.

I hear March is when they want to have the show, the Arena holds around 11,000. It comes as a surprise to me as the Arena is not too highly thought of by many people.

I'm not complaining though since my College is 2minutes away from the Arena. I'm definatly there!
Yeah in a bit of a Q&A session after the seminar Monson mentioned he's meant to be fighting in Newcastle against Arlovski, we were surprised, everyone was under the impression he was done with the UFC.

He was a really sound, humble guy, showed us a lot but as he said there are millions of techniques and probably a lot of us there could show him stuff.  And for such a big guy he is so smooth and fast on the ground, he's a superb grappler.  When questioned about the current UFC heavyweight division he mentioned how it's packed now and how Couture is a freak of nature to still be going at 44, and he definately won't be, also said Couture may not be the best but he's definately the smartest fighter.

Awesome pic Stoned.? Congrats, that must have been amazing!!
Dude, i changed my name months ago, somebody else on the board has that moniker now Tongue Tongue

UFC NIGHT FIGHT was incredible last night.

Nate Quarry vs Pete Sell was a war and Chris Leben vs Terry Martin had a CLASSIC finish. ok

Nate Diaz showed some amazing jiu Jitsu work.
Just watched it today and that was a hellacious card, definately the best Fight Night card i've seen.  Pete Sell must be kicking himself, he looked to have Scott Smith beaten and he blew it, he owned Quarry for 2 rounds, and then he blew that to.....

....Diaz just showed that a Purple Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu beats a Brown Belt in BJJ yes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #410 on: September 22, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »

Randy Couture, who has done a good job at picking upsets in recent fights on The Fight Network for recent UFC events is picking a few more upsets for tonight's "Knockout" event in Anaheim, California.

Couture picks his training partner from Xtreme Couture, Forrest Griffin, to upset arguably the number one 205 lb. fighter in the world - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Not only that, Couture is claiming Griffin will win every round of the fight.

The other upset, if you want to call it that, is Couture going with Jon Fitch to top Welterweight sensation and Ultimate Fighter season one winner Diego Sanchez.

Couture's other picks include Tyson Griffin over Thiago Tavares (which could also be considered an upset) and Chuck Liddell to beat Keith Jardine.

Well this is the final card....

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout:  Chuck Liddell vs.  Keith Jardine
Light Heavyweight bout:  Mauricio Rua vs.  Forrest Griffin
Welterweight bout:  Diego Sanchez vs.  Jon Fitch
Light Heavyweight bout:  Kazuhiro Nakamura vs.  Lyoto Machida
Lightweight bout:  Tyson Griffin vs.  Thiago Tavares

Preliminary card
Lightweight bout:  Diego Saraiva vs.  Jeremy Stephens
Heavyweight bout:  Scott Junk vs.  Christian Wellisch
Lightweight bout:  Michihiro Omigawa vs.  Matt Wiman
177 lb. Catchweight bout:  Anthony Johnson vs.  Rich Clementi

My picks are in bold, i've not bothered predicting the prelims this time, they don't look to be in the same league as last times prelims...
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #411 on: September 23, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »

Watched 76 streamed live. Awesome show.
I wont post anything until everyone else has viewed.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #412 on: September 23, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »

hihi Boy were my picks shit!

Forrest was on fire, shows the kind of cardio machine he is considering he set a pace that pretty much killed Shogun.  Word is now Chuck is considering retirement nervous Shame his fight with Wanderlai will now be off...
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2007, 06:04:03 AM »

Forrest was on fire, shows the kind of cardio machine he is considering he set a pace that pretty much killed Shogun.? Word is now Chuck is considering retirement nervous Shame his fight with Wanderlai will now be off...

He just didnt have an answer to the Deans leg kicks and right hands. Which is a suprise as its what Keith does.
Forrest was amazing, i watched his All Access show streamed online and the guy trains like 3 times a day and has one day off a week. On that day he even trained.
Fitch looked a monster and will be a contender in that division i am sure. I think Fitch and GSP will be an awesome matchup.

I cant get enough of MMA at the moment.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »

Forrest was on fire, shows the kind of cardio machine he is considering he set a pace that pretty much killed Shogun.? Word is now Chuck is considering retirement nervous Shame his fight with Wanderlai will now be off...

He just didnt have an answer to the Deans leg kicks and right hands. Which is a suprise as its what Keith does.
Forrest was amazing, i watched his All Access show streamed online and the guy trains like 3 times a day and has one day off a week. On that day he even trained.
Fitch looked a monster and will be a contender in that division i am sure. I think Fitch and GSP will be an awesome matchup.

I cant get enough of MMA at the moment.
Same here dude.? And with word that Brock is "As good as" signed things are going to keep getting better.

Did you watch Cage Rage 23 saturday?? It was so shit, especially compared to this, Paul Daley is quality though, but there are so many ropey things, the camera work sucks and having Julius Francis in the Main Event is a fucking insult.

Back to UFC, yeah Fitch is top, and he's the one prediction i got right as well hihi Even though he hadn't been featured much before i always catch the Fight Nights and download the preliminary fights so i knew he was damn good.? As always plans in UFC can go awry but if they go as Dana and co. want we are going to have Hughes defeating Serra, then GSP will defeat Hughes.? By the time all that has gone down GSP's first defence will be say next summer time so if Fitch keeps winning he could be in for a shot.? Looking at the division Sanchez has said he's thinking about going to 155 now, that leaves Parisyan, Fitch, & Koscheck in the chasing pack.? Now GSP has already beaten 2 of them, but in the meantime i think Parisyan vs Fitch would be a great fight, can never get enough of Parisyan's Judo.

On to UFC 78, The top 2 fights are Franklin vs Silva II and Sylvia vs Vera.? I'm picking Franklin and Vera to win, i think they will and really hope they will to.

Edit:

The following is an article from Wanderlei Silva's official website, roughly translated to english:

What Wanderlei has to say about the event (UFC 76): "UFC took place in a very good gymnasium, very large; here these events have been growing continuously. This week I worked a lot on the event advertising making use of my popularity that is big here. Just to give an idea, we had an autograph session that gathered about 500 people, on a huge line. The warmth of my fans was very nice. I realize that everyone is anxious about my first fight, including myself. I?ve been training very hard, every day, with a lot of focus. My responsibility towards Brazilians has grown a lot due to the results of the last fights. This is also very motivating to me. It is important for the sport to bring joy to the fans and this becomes the fighters? responsibility.

Lidell?s fight had a direct relationship with me because Dana White had said I would challenge him if he won. I was disappointed with the defeat because Lidell?s opponent is good, he has his merit but was not so qualified to defeat him. I believed Lidell was going to win and I was disappointed with the result. I hoped to perform against him in December and now I will have to wait for another name. It was a balanced, hard fight; I think Lidell should have prepared better in view of the importance of this combat.

As to Shogun, I didn?t manage to see him; I only watched the fight. I was very sad, both as a Brazilian and as a personal friend; I was cheering a lot for him. I was very frustrated with the defeat, it was unexpected. I thought it would be an easy fight for him. I hope he comes back, training hard and next time show his potential. MMA has greatly evolved and we should be tuned to such innovations, realizing that this sport is more and more specific and scientific. It does not take only a heart to win a fight any longer. Shogun has the talent and it all depends exclusively upon him. He will figure out what went wrong and will not make the same mistakes next time. Yesterday he was not the Shogun who I know. I hope he continues bringing joy to this fans including myself, for I am also his fan."

As to a name to face in December: "I?d like, in view of the last event and also as a vengeance for my friend, to fight with this Forrest Griffin. I guess it could be a good name for me."

Book It! yes
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 04:09:29 PM by Hammy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »

PRIDE being greater than the UFC Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hihi hihi hihi hihi

Bring on Fedor and lets get him exposed.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #416 on: September 26, 2007, 01:18:29 PM »

Hasnt Brock only had like 1 fight?
Sure i watched that and he just took his man down and pounded him....

That will shake up the heavyweight division even more.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »

Hasnt Brock only had like 1 fight?
Sure i watched that and he just took his man down and pounded him....

That will shake up the heavyweight division even more.
Yeah and that guy was a last minute replacement.  Thing is Dana has met him several times, likes him, says he's taking it seriously (Unlike Angle), has a good team, good attitude, is training with Royce and is a hell of a wrestler.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2007, 07:33:56 AM »

Well we always knew the latter anyway. At least he wont be able to do any shooting star presses in an octagon.

Interesting to see what comes of it. Sure WWE is still bitching about him doing anything, nevermind being part of the fastest growing sport on the planet.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2007, 12:21:29 PM »

Well we always knew the latter anyway. At least he wont be able to do any shooting star presses in an octagon.

Interesting to see what comes of it. Sure WWE is still bitching about him doing anything, nevermind being part of the fastest growing sport on the planet.
Thing is Dana see's the $$ signs, he would be such a huge draw, it get's over more of the wrestling fans, many who are still curious but not fully fledged fans.  It's a shame Ken Shamrock fights at Light Heavyweight, otherwise he'd be worth dragging out of retirement for Brock's debut, the whole wrestler vs wrestler, and name value would be a huge draw, and it should be an easy win for Brock, yet a nice little test, better than starting off with a nobody, Dana might go on about Brock doing really well and how there are no easy fights and a lot of guys have to start off with top names but he needs to be careful with Brock, if he put him straight in there with say...Couture, he'd be in big trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: