Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:01:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain: CD 95% done
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain: CD 95% done  (Read 17099 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: February 07, 2005, 08:39:49 PM »

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 08:51:44 PM »

Great post!  I'm laughing my ass off right now.  I swear, someone's gonna have to lock me up in an asylum!  Axl is driving me crazy!!!  People that don't even listen to music are laughing at me with these insane "almost done" updates!!

crying

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:04:32 PM »

ok so the album is NOT finished...right?
excuse me but 5% in the GN'R world seems enormous to me....
another thing: who is "they"? brain and also tommy use the word "they" when they talk about GN'R, "us" would be more normal don't you think?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 09:06:58 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:06:03 PM »

That's better than "hopefully it'll be out sometime this year"...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:04 PM »

Sounds great. We've heard from alot of the bandmembers on this, just not the one i really really really want to hear it from. Still...sounds great.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:46 PM »

5% could be mixing and mastering. ?Grin

There's no date on when this interview was done. It might be a few weeks/months old. Tommy said it's done a week ago.

Thanks Gypsy.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 09:09:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:50 PM »

I guess that blows the old mastering theory ...  Roll Eyes

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »

There's no date on when this interview was done. It might be a few weeks/months old. Tommy said it's done a week ago.

Thanks Gypsy.

/jarmo

the magazine will be on sale on march 2005, so I suppose the interview is very recent, probably a few days/weeks ago.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 09:22:07 PM »

Days? No way. It's not a newspaper.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

Thanks for the scans Gypsy.
I guess Jarmo is right. This interview could be made on january or something (like the other one Gypsy posted),  yes

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 09:30:12 PM »

Thanks Gypsy.

/jarmo

good stuff... but actually it does say when it was... it's from the march 2005 issue.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 09:38:49 PM »

good stuff... but actually it does say when it was... it's from the march 2005 issue.

Since today is only February 7th, I think we can safely assume that anything in the MARCH 2005 issue was done in advance.? Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 09:51:15 PM »

i see nothing in the first post  Huh

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 10:03:59 PM »

I noticed he says 'they' when he says 'they're pretty much 95% done with it' ... ?
and notice he says 'we' when he says "what we've done with it is awesome'....

seems he uses 'they' cuz he is not involved in the wrapping up process of the CD...
coud be referencing they as in Axl (as the producer) and whoever else is actually in the studio for the mixing/mastering

the band is not 'they'... the band is 'we'... as in when the 'we' recorded the music for the album ? ok

anyway... ?i would not take 95% literally... its another way of saying 'almost' IMO.

"The album sounds great. ?What we've done is awesome. ?I heard it recently and I was like damn - I want it to come out!"

Kick ass! ? Us too Brain... us too! ?

Thanks for posting this ?Wink

note: ?I remember hearing this thing about 'public storage' before... could be this interview is even older than we're estimating.

i see nothing in the first post Huh
that happens to me sometimes... right click in the area of the post
then select 'properties'... copy the url from the little window that pops up and past it in your browsers address bar
then you should be able to see it (its a scan of the article so its an image file)
EDIT: oh sorry, that didn't work the link is 'forbidden'

« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:08:15 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 10:49:06 PM »

Hmmm... 95%.....

Let's hypothetically say they started work on CD in early 1998. That was 7 years ago.  7 * 0.05 = 0.35 which is approximately 1/3. 1/3 of a year is 4 months. So CD is coming out in May 2005.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 10:59:25 PM »

This is so fucking pathetic. 95% done??!?!?! If it took 14 years to do 95, do you realize how much there is left to wait?

Now before, you start bagging on me, saying "if you don't like it, leave". I've been waiting, and I will still wait. But 14 years to complete an album? That is the definition of pathetic. I've always defended GnR and always dissagreed with the haters. But its getting to a point where its getting harder and harder to do so. 

I'm not getting angry because I feel Axl owes us something and not giving it to us. There is plenty of other good music that can keep me waiting. I'm getting frustrated because I can find less and less reasons to defend GnR. I can't possibly believe in one's musical genius when inside my mind, I can't hide the fact that it takes more than a decade to put out an album.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 11:07:40 PM »

This is so fucking pathetic. 95% done??!?!?! If it took 14 years to do 95, do you realize how much there is left to wait?

Now before, you start bagging on me, saying "if you don't like it, leave". I've been waiting, and I will still wait. But 14 years to complete an album? That is the definition of pathetic. I've always defended GnR and always dissagreed with the haters. But its getting to a point where its getting harder and harder to do so. 

I'm not getting angry because I feel Axl owes us something and not giving it to us. There is plenty of other good music that can keep me waiting. I'm getting frustrated because I can find less and less reasons to defend GnR. I can't possibly believe in one's musical genius when inside my mind, I can't hide the fact that it takes more than a decade to put out an album.

hoe has it been 14 years since they started working on the album? They only started working on it in like 98/99, so by my counting that only 6/7 years.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »

"There is plenty of other good music that can keep me waiting."

Ummm....what other music are you talkin about dude? For me, the new NIN album would hold me off but, I don't see anything else cool out there. The new Dr. Dre album maybe too.

"Let's hypothetically say they started work on CD in early 1998. That was 7 years ago.? 7 * 0.05 = 0.35 which is approximately 1/3. 1/3 of a year is 4 months. So CD is coming out in May 2005."

Sounds good to me. Although I would rather it came in April. May is already going to be kick ass enough as it is.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 11:14:07 PM »

Quote from: Captain Obvious on Today at 10:59:25 PM

hoe has it been 14 years since they started working on the album? They only started working on it in like 98/99, so by my counting that only 6/7 years.

I'm not exactly sure when they started but there is some rumoured songs there that date back to the early ninetees. 

Either way, more than anything, it's sad to see someone who was so the pennicle of bad-ass to do this.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »

one of these days the moment we have all been waiting for will arrive and we all, gnr fans and its members, will all be very happy people....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: