Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Were is the announcement???
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Were is the announcement???  (Read 26387 times)
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« on: February 15, 2005, 02:55:47 AM »

Everybody was so exited when we all heard about the Sanctuary contract/deal.. But now we have the silence again. I wonder if we ever will get that "big" announcement.. Naa.. I'm not sure anymore but I can't quit waiting after all these years  hihi

how do you feel about it?
fartinabag
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:24:30 AM »

"Regardless we hope to announce a release date in the next few months" - AXl March 2004.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 04:26:53 AM »

"Regardless we hope to announce a release date in the next few months" - AXl March 2004.

even axl can't be trusted about the release date

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
estranged.1098
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:29:14 AM »

The release of GH by UMG certainly delayed things for a little bit longer... but I'm sure it's closer than ever today.
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:33:50 AM »

If I remember correctly there were rumours that GNR are having a meeting of some sort this week. ?Axl giving the others an update on what is going to happen or something like that. ?

Maybe we'll hear something next week? ok ?

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 04:38:19 AM »

The release of GH by UMG certainly delayed things for a little bit longer... but I'm sure it's closer than ever today.

why?? alot of people said that one year ago when axl said the above quote... why do you think that its closer than ever one year later...

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 05:31:52 AM »

why?? alot of people said that one year ago when axl said the above quote... why do you think that its closer than ever one year later...

as the minutes, days , years go by, mathematically speaking it's always closer than ever  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 05:47:50 AM »

even axl can't be trusted about the release date

True. I always chuckle, or cringe, when I hear people say that they won't believe anything unless the word come for The Man himself.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 06:02:07 AM »

I think you raise an interesting point in that somehow we can't stop waiting and hoping.

As much as we would like to give up, I think collectively we all need some kind of closure...

Or perhaps the "thrill of the chase" is ultimately what we are all addicted to here?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 06:50:17 AM »

I think you raise an interesting point in that somehow we can't stop waiting and hoping.

As much as we would like to give up, I think collectively we all need some kind of closure...

Or perhaps the "thrill of the chase" is ultimately what we are all addicted to here?

have you ever been inlove  in a platonic way ? I have, and  it's exactly the same thing, unlike real love, platonic love could last forever until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back, but if the object of your affection remains silent, THEN you're in for some serious waiting accompanied by death, desease, injustice , inhumanity, , torture , anger, hate, murder, pain,cruelty  infidelity, slime, and stink and every crawling putred thing, every possible uglyness and corruption you SON OF A BITCH I BELIEVE ! nervous crying

In order for us to give up on our love for Chidem we need Axl to tell us to  FUCK OFF or I LOVE YOU, somehow I don't think either one will happen.

peace

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 08:18:07 AM »

have you ever been inlove? in a platonic way ? I have, and? it's exactly the same thing, unlike real love, platonic love could last forever until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back, but if the object of your affection remains silent, THEN you're in for some serious waiting accompanied by death, desease, injustice , inhumanity, , torture , anger, hate, murder, pain,cruelty? infidelity, slime, and stink and every crawling putred thing, every possible uglyness and corruption you SON OF A BITCH I BELIEVE ! nervous crying

peace

where's that quote from? it sounds very familiar

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 09:00:21 AM »

RIR3 intro

They just thought Id know better. Better.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 09:12:13 AM »

I think platonic love means the spiritual love that doesn't involve sex. Yes, in a way the love for music is very platonic.

But, Wooody, Isn't your one just a one-sided love?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 09:21:40 AM »

RIR3 intro

and Excorcist 3
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »

If any of you had the guts to be silent and we stopped posting for a couple of days or even weeks, you know who ( Axl ) would hear about it. But none of have the baaalllllllls to give back the silents that he's been given us... I don't know why you continue with all this suck assness .. makes me sick . A note to all you starved fans, they don't give a fuck! there's to much chatter, unless you do something quick, they'll continue to keep us in the dark.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 09:56:16 AM »

I think platonic love means the spiritual love that doesn't involve sex. Yes, in a way the love for music is very platonic.

Hmmmmmmmm, I think you didn't get my point.
The waiting for either your girl/boy or Chinese Democracy (axl) is indeed a one-sided love.

But I was comparing the love for the music we have not "tasted" yet to platonic love.

Having an orgasm for the first time with the girl/boy you love is like putting on your headphones and listen to Chinese Democracy...

In BOTH situations the Pain,anger, (etc) will end. We won't be waiting anymore , the love will be given from both sides,  And we'll be copulating like bunnies. ?hihi

But if that day doesn't happen, we'll be waiting for ever.
 Sad

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 10:15:29 AM »

now we have the silence again.
how do you feel about it?
hmm, tommy spoke resently about it...  Cheesy

I don't know why you continue with all this suck assness .. makes me sick . A note to all you starved fans, they don't give a fuck! there's to much chatter, unless you do something quick, they'll continue to keep us in the dark.
seems it's very hard 4 you?

we have some updates news soon was said earlier -and the sanctuary deal was announced  Smiley
then tommy and the other members said spring\late sspring\ by 05...

so sure there may be some more news within the gap  ok

If I remember correctly there were rumours that GNR are having a meeting of some sort this week.  Axl giving the others an update on what is going to happen or something like that. 

Maybe we'll hear something next week? ok   
yeah, with in few months i guess beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 10:28:03 AM »

Well from the words of Motorhead, The chase is better then the catch!!!

I think all the waiting is part of the hype!! Its axl's way of doing things! Ever been to a gnr concert? Have they ever gone on stage on time.....hell NO! But the waiting makes it so much better once it does start!
Except if you live in Vancouver or Phili.....

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 10:30:36 AM »

yes, norway, it is alittle bit of a problem with me cause I'm freekishly artistic and sensitive to my positive public audience. thanks for the awareness of my post .

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 10:39:16 AM »

Well from the words of Motorhead, The chase is better then the catch!!!

I think all the waiting is part of the hype!! Its axl's way of doing things! Ever been to a gnr concert? Have they ever gone on stage on time.....hell NO! But the waiting makes it so much better once it does start!
Except if you live in Vancouver or Phili.....

so right, a release date alone will really thrilful 2 me- cheers 2 that ?beer

yes, norway, it is alittle bit of a problem with me cause I'm freekishly artistic and sensitive to my positive public audience. thanks for the awareness of my post .
cool  smoking
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 10:45:01 AM by norway » Logged

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 10:47:07 AM »

smoking

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 11:07:19 AM »

The waiting for either your girl/boy or Chinese Democracy (axl) is indeed a one-sided love.

But I was comparing the love for the music we have not "tasted" yet to platonic love.

Having an orgasm for the first time with the girl/boy you love is like putting on your headphones and listen to Chinese Democracy...

Nay, I'm not talking about your point. I'm just pointing out that you might get the words mixed up.

Yeah, the wait might be like that of one sided love.
But Platonic love doesn't require intercourse that it's completely another thing. unlike sexual desire Spiritual side of love can last forever.
If you take it like the sexual side of love, What will you do after it is fulfilled?
 confused
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 11:27:37 AM »

If you take it like the sexual side of love, What will you do after it is fulfilled?
relax and cuddle... friendly

Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 11:49:02 AM »

If the rumours are true about that meeting then I would be very interested to see what comes out of that. Hopefully Tommy or Dizzy can spill the beans and let us outsiders hear some uplifting news.
Who said there was a meeting?....was it Tommy?

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 12:26:12 PM »

Another positive sign that we may want to take on board is the fact that Axl hasn't fired anyone (that we know of) for a long time.

I suspect as he's the producer it would be pretty difficult to fire yourself, unless of course you have multiple personalities.

I don't know when to expect an announcement, but I would hazard a guess we'll hear something March or early April

Here today...ready to rock
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 12:57:01 PM »

Who said there was a meeting?....was it Tommy?

No one specifically said that. It's just speculation on splat.com's part.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 01:18:57 PM »

I figured it was Splat but wasn't sure. There has been lots of rumours lately and Tommy had a few interviews recently so I figured it may have been him. Thanks for clearing that up....a new groundless rumour could have spewed from that mistake! hihi

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »

well at last we have some group therapy... he he  hihi
Here we are gunnerholics !!

I love this treat

//JK
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 01:29:50 PM »

Nay, I'm not talking about your point. I'm just pointing out that you might get the words mixed up.

Yeah, the wait might be like that of one sided love.
But Platonic love doesn't require intercourse that it's completely another thing. unlike sexual desire Spiritual side of love can last forever.
 confused

I didn't mixed up the words, why ? because I believe that spiritual side of love and the sexual side co-exist in a simbiotic relationship. and that simbiotic relationship as a whole does not last forever (in my humble opinion) as opposed to platonic love (which may not be "real" love - but what's love anyway?) which last forever due to a lack of Closure of any kind.

That simbiotic relationship is the equivalent of Chidem playing On my Stereo EDIT :except for the fact that I cannot have sex with CD, unless I had a pretty small penis able to fit in the little hole of the cd hihi The love for chidem will last forever because it is not a material love, you could argue that Love itself is not a material feeling, but as I told you before, the simbiotic relationship depends partially on an organic element.

Either way we're fucked waiting for AXL ?Angry

ps: why do I feel I'm talking out of my ass ? hihi At least I feel better after sharing my frustration with fellow GNR addicts. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 01:37:29 PM by Wooody » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 03:12:53 PM »

I didn't mixed up the words, why ?

That simbiotic relationship is the equivalent of Chidem playing On my Stereo EDIT :except for the fact that I cannot have sex with CD, unless I had a pretty small penis able to fit in the little hole of the cd hihi The love for chidem will last forever because it is not a material love, you could argue that Love itself is not a material feeling, but as I told you before, the simbiotic relationship depends partially on an organic element.

Or rather you are mixed up, perhaps.
Edit: the musicians, esp Axl would feel very comfortable to hear that. Anyway, I can't bother. hihi

On topic, yeah, none of the band members mentioned  meeting thingy as far as I know.
It's just fans wishful guess. But Who knows.

It hasn?t been a month yet since we heard the deal.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:36:48 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »

I didn't mixed up the words, why ?

Or rather you are mixed up, perhaps.
Edit: the musicians, esp Axl would feel very comfortable to hear that. Anyway, I can't bother. hihi

On topic, yeah, none of the band members mentioned? meeting thingy as far as I know.
It's just fans wishful guess. But Who knows.

It hasn?t been a month yet since we heard the deal.

Roll Eyes

I am not mixed up WOMAN, just misunderstood.  Tongue

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2005, 06:18:35 PM »

i understand what your's saying Woody... I think! hehe

i have often wondered if there will come a day when, after CD's release, we will MISS this...? even just a teeny-weeny bit?? ?the chase/the wait...
after having 'had' CD...? well, the whole world will have 'er...? ?right now its kinda like she's all ours...

i mean... we are kinda like all bunched up in this exclusive queue...?
of course the main event is the highlight!
but just like the GA shows in Vegas - the line is a huge part of the experience and I would rather make it a great one hanging out with hardcore diehard fans like many of you guys...ok

standing around bitching and moaning would make it seem an awful lot longer...
me.. i'm having a great time

as for an annoucement... don't watch the clock..? have a good time... next thing ya know we'll be getting stubbed and stamped Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 07:27:28 PM »

I am not mixed up WOMAN, just misunderstood.
Who said I'm a woman and what are you implying in it?

Anyway, If you insist, I shall point out this again.
Obviously you misused the words - platonic love in this post. That's all I was saying. You're not misunderstood.

have you ever been inlove  in a platonic way ? I have, and  it's exactly the same thing, unlike real love, platonic love could last forever until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back, but if the object of your affection remains silent, THEN you're in for some serious waiting accompanied by death, desease, injustice , inhumanity, , torture , anger, hate, murder, pain,cruelty  infidelity, slime, and stink and every crawling putred thing, every possible uglyness and corruption you SON OF A BITCH I BELIEVE ! nervous crying

On topic, yeah, waiting is fun. peace
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »

i took the use of 'platonic' in woody's post(s) to mean more of pre-consumation

before a love is consumated it is without sex - though not necessarily without want of sex/consumation

so...

we are all like engaged to CD and waiting for the wedding night to consumate our um... love  love
we don't have a wedding date set yet
we keep getting clues though...
we think we heard the flowers were ordered...
and another caterer was fired
and the dress/tux has been sent back for re-fitting for the umpteenth time..

the bridesmaids/groomsmen when asked say "my dress/suit is done... been done... for a while"  Grin

LOL!   Don't cha love metaphors
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2005, 08:23:49 PM »

I believe the minister said he was 97% done with his pre-wedding preperations. Cheesy

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »

Maybe the reason we get all these delays is because Axl keeps on sleeping while having chewing gum in his mouth and every night it falls out and sticks to his braids which takes days to take out. drool

Ah, never rely on Axl Rose. As much as a mammoth of a musician that he is, never expect anything from this man because someday you'll find yourself luckily surprised without being maliciously brought down. Wink
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2005, 01:29:38 AM »

maybe gigger and the big boss can look in the garbage can and see what they can pull up and tell the gnr world?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2005, 05:09:25 AM »

I am not mixed up WOMAN, just misunderstood.
Who said I'm a woman and what are you implying in it?

Anyway, If you insist, I shall point out this again.
Obviously you misused the words - platonic love in this post. That's all I was saying. You're not misunderstood.

have you ever been inlove? in a platonic way ? I have, and? it's exactly the same thing, unlike real love, platonic love could last forever until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back, but if the object of your affection remains silent, THEN you're in for some serious waiting accompanied by death, desease, injustice , inhumanity, , torture , anger, hate, murder, pain,cruelty? infidelity, slime, and stink and every crawling putred thing, every possible uglyness and corruption you SON OF A BITCH I BELIEVE ! nervous crying

On topic, yeah, waiting is fun. peace

errr.. sorry Your name just looked a little bit feminine, like Phoebe or something. why did you point out unlike real love and until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back

real love is the simbiotic relationship I explained later on. and I see nothing wrong with "until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back"

Again, I did not misused my words. Maybe you ran a google search on platonic love and the "no sex" thing came up, well it's a little more than than. Read what Eva wrote. She got it. Don't blame your lack of comprehension on me.  Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2005, 09:34:46 AM »

errr.. sorry Your name just looked a little bit feminine, like Phoebe or something. why did you point out unlike real love and until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back

real love is the simbiotic relationship I explained later on. and I see nothing wrong with "until the object of your affection tells you to either FUCK OFF or actually decides to love you back"

Again, I did not misused my words. Maybe you ran a google search on platonic love and the "no sex" thing came up, well it's a little more than than. Read what Eva wrote. She got it. Don't blame your lack of comprehension on me.  Tongue
Then you are mixed up. Firstly I never said platonic love can't exist in sexual relationship.
Also comprehension wise, You're wrong again. I said I was not discussing your point.
without giving a boring lecture on Plato and Socrates, I just tell you how it's a little more than that.

1) platonic love doesn't oppose to real love. It's real love in the metaphysical way.  e.g. True friendship is a kind of platonic love.
2) platonic love doesn't mean one-sided love at all.

Funny the term is related to "The School of Athens". And it was around the release of Illusion twins when Axl talked his attaching greater weight to the friendship with his the then girlfriend than the romance in an interview. 
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2005, 09:53:43 AM »

can we all do 1 on platonic love. it makes no sense and is irrelevant to the topic.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 11:15:22 AM »

Again, I did not misused my words. Maybe you ran a google search on platonic love and the "no sex" thing came up, well it's a little more than than. Read what Eva wrote. She got it. Don't blame your lack of comprehension on me.? Tongue
Then you are mixed up. Firstly I never said platonic love can't exist in sexual relationship.
Also comprehension wise, You're wrong again. I said I was not discussing your point.
without giving a boring lecture on Plato and Socrates, I just tell you how it's a little more than that.

1) platonic love doesn't oppose to real love. It's real love in the metaphysical way.? e.g. True friendship is a kind of platonic love.
2) platonic love doesn't mean one-sided love at all.

Funny the term is related to "The School of Athens". And it was around the release of Illusion twins when Axl talked his attaching greater weight to the friendship with his the then girlfriend than the romance in an interview.?

OK, now I understand why we are not in the same page.
For ME platonic love is indeed opposed to real love because real love depends in sex.

and that is why we are not understanding eachother. Because we have a different perception of what true love is.  Or at least that's why you are not understanding me or my use of words.
But I've grown tired of this conversation.
Over and out.

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 11:21:25 AM »

OK, now I understand why we are not in the same page.
For ME platonic love is indeed opposed to real love because real love depends in sex.

and that is why we are not understanding eachother. Because we have a different perception of what true love is.  Or at least that's why you are not understanding me or my use of words.
But I've grown tired of this conversation.
Over and out.

Where is Dr. Phil when you need him? LOL! No offense, but thank god this convo is over...

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: