Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what music direction atracts you 2 gunsnroses? any era
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what music direction atracts you 2 gunsnroses? any era  (Read 9815 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 09:23:54 PM »

For me... it's the 10-15 min. epics that make GN'R the greatest band of my lifetime. Give me NR, Estranged, Coma, Breakdown, Locomotive and hopefully a few more from CD any day of the week! beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 10:38:53 PM »

i'm gonna cheat on this reply  Tongue
well.. maybe

the direction of music that attracts me to GN'R is in the vicinity of Axl's voice

Axl's voice is the key ingredient that attracts me - his voice much like the band's sound itself - is varied
 angry, vunerable, strong, exhilarating, contemplative, unihibited, detached, proud, and passionate.

to choose between any of these emotions is extremely difficult because it is each one that enables us to appreciate the beauty that is GN'R.. music... art that expresses nearly every aspect of the human condition...  and Axl the one who gives voice to its spirit

his voice/singing is just amazing... personally - its what attracts me to GN'R
better yet... it is what time and time again captures, holds and entralls me...  Wink
to hear him spit out lines in Don't Damn Me or Garden of Eden OR to wail out his heart in SCOM or the Blues...   
its fuckin' beautiful  beer
journey
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 01:49:06 AM »

All of it.

Just like most of my favorite artists, it's the fact that they can do whatever they feel like doing. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But at least they didn't do the same thing over and over again just because it has been proven to work.

/jarmo

Good point, Jarmo.

I'm attracted to all of their songs/styles, honestly. What always attracted me to their music is the variety they offer. 
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 03:55:53 AM »

I love all of gnr's music, even my world sometimes.....

It just depends in the mood i happen to be in. my favourite song changes almost every day depending the time and moment. One day i'll want to hear welcome to the jungle, rocket queen and another day i'll stick to estranged, november rain, etc.

soooo many to choose from.....

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 05:37:13 PM »

I hate to reply twice but there was something I neglected to mention. I agree with both Eva and Cocaine on their points
One, its Axl voice that really attracts me to the music, and two whatever mood I might be in whether I feel like kicking the shit out of someone and tearing up everything around me (Perfect Crime,WTTJ) or I feel hearing an epic love ballad (November Rain,Estranged).

But all in all its the variety they offer  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 11:53:49 PM »

i want to hear something recognizable as the GN'R sound, but I dont want it too similar - this is a completley different band remember.

I'm pretty excited to hear what Buckethead brings and I hope there'll be a fair serving of atmospherics.

I am expecting some quite grandiose stuff, I hope its not all studio production and trickery however - you cannot compensate for a bad song with production. A great song is a great song, and I'm hoping (and given that its taken this long, expecting) many of them.

I hope Axl's voice is at it's best - Im concerned tho' - no matter how many people try and claim the contrary, that 2002 tour his voice sounded weak and shot. I hope he's overcome that and we hear some vintage Axl.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 03:20:02 AM »

I like all of it also.  No one type of music attracted me to GNR, but all of it.  You've got to reilise also, that different moods, decide what songs are being played more frequently than others.  If you've just split up with your girlfriend, or someone you know has died, mabye you'r off out for the night to a gig or something?  Emotions play the tracks for me, no one style.  Smiley

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 04:01:04 AM »

the fact you can go from Coma to Estranged back to welcome to the jungle over to Dont Cry then back to something like garden of eden and sit down and play November Rain

i dont know any other band that can not only be the most kick ass rock act and turn around and be the most kick ass epic band

then yet again turn around and be the greatest ballad band.

if they did polka or bluegrass i bet it would kick ass.

everything about GNR is a fat ass hook and melody

fuck even the drums have melody to them

u can sing along with any part of GNR's music right down to the bare bones bottom basic track shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 04:43:24 AM »

I agree with Eva and TwistedNerve85 and anyone else who said their attracted to songs because of Axl's voice but sometimes when I'm really down nothings better than Izzy's voice whether it's Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years or Pretty Tied Up they all seem to make me feel better I also love that Do You Love Me coversong that was posted here a while ago? Wink

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: