Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Anyone here watch "24"?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone here watch "24"?  (Read 82224 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2009, 07:39:30 AM »

It was good..but a LOT of unanswered questions left at the end. 

I know next season is due to be set in NYC (and I plan to make at least one pilgramage to check out some filming), so it'll be interesting to see how they wrap up all the loose ends.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2009, 07:52:47 AM »

Which was a shame. Because at first I thought that they had teased another Kim in danger story, what with the first guy, but then swerved when we saw that Jack put the guy on her...

... But, no. Although, I did like the guy that was the bad guy. He reminded me of Marco Pierre White for some reason...
isnt there only two more episodes left?

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »

Which was a shame. Because at first I thought that they had teased another Kim in danger story, what with the first guy, but then swerved when we saw that Jack put the guy on her...

... But, no. Although, I did like the guy that was the bad guy. He reminded me of Marco Pierre White for some reason...
isnt there only two more episodes left?

Last night was the 2 hour season finale.

What's incredibly cool is that...you can actually buy Season 7 on DVD and Blu-Ray TODAY.  That's the quickest I've ever seen a TV series have their season available to buy!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »

in the UK. we havent had the finale.

html sucks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »

I know next season is due to be set in NYC (and I plan to make at least one pilgramage to check out some filming), so it'll be interesting to see how they wrap up all the loose ends.

but they left the questions so the fans could speculate for 7-8 months hihi
but it was a great finale
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

but they left the questions so the fans could speculate for 7-8 months hihi
but it was a great finale
I liked it.  Stayed true to form.  I'm not exactly sure where they start next season.  They have a variety of options I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »

My wife and I loved the season overall, and not to give any spoilers to our friends in the UK, but we were a little let-down by the finale.  Leavin' the audience hanging is cool to a certain extent...but at least throw me one bone of finality!    hihi  This season definitely blew last season out of the water even with the less than amazing finale.  (and when I say less than amazing, it's still A material...just not A+ typical 24 material)

btw, if anybody watches the season again, one of the lamest fight scenes ever filmed was when Tony took out the black dude who smuggled out the weapon.  Seriously, when you see it again you might have a good laugh as the guy lifts his arms up before Tony even grabs him by the throat from behind.   hihi

now, do they let Jack die and have him be the Obi-Wan Kenobi to Renee Walker next season?   hihi  j/k.

I loved the Chief of Staff Ethan...great actor, great stuff, I hope he's back next season.  Aaron rocks too.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »

My wife and I loved the season overall, and not to give any spoilers to our friends in the UK, but we were a little let-down by the finale.  Leavin' the audience hanging is cool to a certain extent...but at least throw me one bone of finality!    hihi  This season definitely blew last season out of the water even with the less than amazing finale.  (and when I say less than amazing, it's still A material...just not A+ typical 24 material)

btw, if anybody watches the season again, one of the lamest fight scenes ever filmed was when Tony took out the black dude who smuggled out the weapon.  Seriously, when you see it again you might have a good laugh as the guy lifts his arms up before Tony even grabs him by the throat from behind.   hihi

now, do they let Jack die and have him be the Obi-Wan Kenobi to Renee Walker next season?   hihi  j/k.

I loved the Chief of Staff Ethan...great actor, great stuff, I hope he's back next season.  Aaron rocks too.

well, from an interview I read, renee's character's past is going to come to the forefront-and i would speculate it has something to do with the guy from her last scene (don't want to give anything away)

i also read that other guy lives (gain, not trying to spoil anything for anyone)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

I have a pretty strong inclination that the other guy will indeed live on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »

finale sucked balls.

that isnt a finale.

should change the show name to 48.

html sucks
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »

left everyone feeling frustrated and wanting the next season straight away, great idea, and an awesome way to end it when you know there is another season

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »

I thought that the season was pretty good, overall, besides a few predictable storyline repeats.   minor spoilers...I just didn't like the last episode, because I felt that Jack should have just died and it would have been so much more shocking and a great ending, but instead they have to drag it out more now, and bring Kim back (who is hot, but is probably the most annoying character ever.)   Also great job Tony Almeda, you finally get that guy and then wastes time for 5 mins talking till Jack stops him.  I loved all the double crossing though.  I'll probably watch this season again.   
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »

i actually prefered season 6 when it came to action scenes. it was loaded with more violence and chases n shit.

I felt this one was a little tame.

but it did make up with some of its earlier story lines n twists. shame it sort of flopped towards the end.

it was much more exciting with dubacu n all that.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »

The problem with the finale was you knew what was going to happen and how it was going to end.  You knew Jack wasn't going to die since it was already reported that he'd be back for one more season.  It would've been much more suspenseful if there was a chance he'd die, but you knew that wasn't going to happen.  You knew 10 episodes ago that Kim would come back in the end and save him with the stem cell operation.  They did kind of leave a cliffhanger though, usually they wrap everything up at the end of the day and tune you in to what lies ahead.  Not sure how they're gonna tie everything in to next season.  I doubt they'd pick up right where they left off, those people have to sleep sometime right?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »

left everyone feeling frustrated and wanting the next season straight away, great idea, and an awesome way to end it when you know there is another season

Alot of series are like this. The producers and writers place more emphasis on setting up the next series.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: