Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 32315 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2005, 08:50:35 AM »

do you jack off to pictures of Axl Rose everynite???

You don't need to stoop so low to prove your point. Behave yourself or you're out.

I dig what your saying... but seriously.. can you belive that this guy just said that Madagascar is as timeless or universally loved as  Sweet Child or Jungle?Huh?? 

That has got to qualify as the most retarded statement that ive ever heard... People all over the WORLD know those songs.. They are played in Sports events and Movies and are in every juke box or karaoke book from Texas to Tunisa.....

anyone who makes a stupid ass statement like that needs to be called to the carpet...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2005, 09:00:25 AM »

Actually he only compared Madagascar to songs that were great but didn't become popular like Coma and Locomotive? ok Anyway different people have different tastes, for example I don't really like SCOM at all

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

I dig what your saying... but seriously.. can you belive that this guy just said that Madagascar is as timeless or universally loved as  Sweet Child or Jungle?Huh?? 

It's not retarded. Obviously it can't be universally loved since it's not released yet, but as far as being timeless it's all a matter of personal taste, and that cannot be discussed.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2005, 10:17:22 AM »

I dig what your saying... but seriously.. can you belive that this guy just said that Madagascar is as timeless or universally loved as? Sweet Child or Jungle?HuhHuh

Obviously it can't be universally loved since it's not released yet, but as far as being timeless it's all a matter of personal taste, and that cannot be discussed.

Exactly..... ..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »

Falcon if GNR have an Aerosmith type comeback axl will regain the throne

Aerosmith had their greatest selling albums to date during their comeback

I see what your saying Izzy but I was talking in different terms.  Though Aerosmith did enjoy their most commercial success during that time period, Steve Tyler was hardly thought of in a "voice of a generation" sense nor was the music they put out then considered influential or seminal by any means.

Aerosmith/Tyler have always been measured by "Toys  In The Attic" just like GNR/Axl will always be measured by AFD.

Going back to my original point, I truly beleive some here picture Axl's possible return as some sort of riding on deck of the Titanic, "I'm king of the world!" scenario.  For he and his Chinese Democracy
to change the music busness, set trends and put the proverbial enema in the ass of a perceived stagnant rock scene.  History tells us otherwise, that's for the young who don't have a past to dwell on or live up to.

Hstory also tells us the Titanic sank.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2005, 11:12:41 AM »

Not half as frustrated as HTGTH members... rant

Here today...ready to rock
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2005, 12:15:45 PM »

your trying to compare whos better a singer with nothing to show for his last few years but a tour with all old songs a few shitty new ones and the "promise" of a great album...
Have I not said IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE MUSIC? in about every dam post? Shitty songs? If that show you feel fine, but the majority here disagree...especially with maddy.

The Band that just played and won at the Grammys, has a Platinum album, Headlining tour
and they are now talking about a new cd out before Christmas....
ok?

YEAH The old members are REAL Fucking Envious of Axl Rose.....
Never said that. Learn how to read then come talk to me.

The old members just wanted to make good rock music that mattered to people... if success came with it then thats a bonus....? Thats EXACTLY what they have done and Axl Rose has not...
Like I have said...theres nothing wrong with that musical mentality. Axl has a different objective and goal than VR. And Im not going to slag on him for that. The guy is challenging himself. I respect that. So im patient becuase I personally know that more than likely its going to something special. And once its in my hands Ill have it FOREVER anyways. THe same way you will have albums that are just meant to rock out forever too...but usually those collect dust more than anything else....

Slash said he wanted "longevity" as one of his goals in the music industry.. Thats what hes gonna get with his new band.... Sorry i know you dont like it but its the truth..
Its funny how you slag on me for not "respecting" Slash's goals{which i do} and you bash Axl for what he does. Fukin hypocrite

If you like VR or not nobody really cares... Thier music means alot more to people than Axl Rose sitting on his ass in his fucking hollywood hills does...
Like I have said...if you like VR, or anything else cool. I could care less. I have also said people dont have to like VR or over gnr, or new gnr over old gnr, etc...you can like all, 1 or whatver. Its music. Not sports. I actually like some songs on VR. I dont hate them. If I hated them so much I wouldnt have spent 60bucks to go see them. I just disagree with Slash and Duff a lot of times when they open thier mouth. But that doesnt mean I cant enjoy some of their music.

Dude seriously are you fucking dumb??? Madagascar more timeless or universally loved than SCOM or JUNGLE or RAIN???

your talking about a song you have heard on a bootlegged album and a snippet of it on the VMA(shit performance) awards....

compared to to songs that are UNIVERSALLY LOVED AND TIMELESS.....can you belive that this guy just said that Madagascar is as timeless or universally loved as? Sweet Child or Jungle?Huh

That has got to qualify as the most retarded statement that ive ever heard... People all over the WORLD know those songs.. They are played in Sports events and Movies and are in every juke box or karaoke book from Texas to Tunisa.....

anyone who makes a stupid ass statement like that needs to be called to the carpet...
No, but apparantely you are. Or atleast you cant read. I said I can check Madagascar off for 1 or maybe 2 of those categories. In case you didnt read it... those categories were timeless, and as good as some of old gnr classics. SO what? does that leave us? The whole universal thing. Which I then said being that Maddy isnt out yet it cant be heard, plus even when its out I doubt it will be a commercial success. I then went on to say that it is more of a fans classic...see songs like Estranged, COma. Wink Understand?

I think Maddy is as good as SOME? of the old classics.

maybe thats why i hear MADAGASCAR on the raidio so much..(go ahead and tell me that the radio is shit and thats why they dont play that song, or coz its unreleased)
You basically answered your own question. The radio is shit but that wouldnt be the reson why Maddy is getting played. BUt the second part...your such a smart guy.....
Im not a rocket scientist but usually songs are played on the radio when they are released and are single. But....

do you jack off to pictures of Axl Rose everynite???
No, but your girl takes care of me? Cool
I just tell her to tell you.... When I come home late at night... Don't ask me where I've been

« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:21:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »

oh my god!  5 pages!   

the question would be (seems to me) do Slash and Duff (and Matt) miss Axl's creatively?

I don't think they miss him.  Seems to me they wanted to be free of 'his vision' and now they are.

Sometimes (well... one time recently that I can recall of) one of 'em will give him credit for being a great frontman...
but other than that - more so than giving any indication that they think they could / could have produced good/great satisfying music with him - they seem to downplay the role he had in GN'R.   (Duff's comment in Bass Guitar magazine that 'we wrote the music without Axl' and 'i didn't say Axl never wrote any of the music in GN'R ... I love 'My World'' and his comment even after that whole debacle that "sometimes we even had the lyrics already written... Axl just came in at the end" - these comments to me downplay the amount of credit they want to give Axl creatively for their past work together.)
So to me... who knows, perhaps they really just didn't recognize/appreciate his talent and are just as happy with Scott's style.
No matter what they say at times - Matt's whole: "Whats with the fucking piano" and also keeping in mind that Slash (and Duff?) resisted the softer side of GN'R.. to me that is a huge indicator that they really were not 'into' when Axl wanted to go down that road creatively... much less when he wanted to go down a more 'modern' road - including NIN/techno influences...

so again. like i started out saying - i think they are (as they have said) very curious to hear what Axl comes out with after all this time -  but its obvious they wre not interested in pursing it with him.  All the scenarios in the world can be presented about why these guys left - but the bottom line AND undeniable common thread that has to be included in any version is this - musical differences.

ps:  not that I think GN'R is going to be an entire different musical direction - but i think there were elements Axl wanted to include that they didn't 'get'....    so um... nah - i think they are quite happy with their piano free VR.  Grin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2005, 03:19:43 PM »

In the big wide scheme of things, of course you compare a new gnr album with an old gnr album.

But, in terms of Slash and Axl, I think one should compare the first Axl album without Slash to the first Slash album without Axl. For me, it's a crude comparison to see what input both members have given to gnr historically. The same can be applied to all members.

Yeah but the first Slash album without Axl was IFOCS was done merley for fun while waiting for Axl secondly IFOCS was never supposed to be spectacular it was stuff Axl rejected. CD on the other hand has been in the works for a long time compared to IFOCS and it will be  full of Axl's best material and it will be done proffesionally, in my opinion you shouldn't compare the two I see where your comming from though  ok

smoking Izzy  smoking

As pointed out already though, the albums represent the artists. Slash can roll out an album in a few months, whereas Axl, when left to his own devices, obviously takes a few years

exactly.. $lash just says its a fuck around project because he knows its really average, uninspiring, mediocre SHIT.

Axl is going to smoke his ass when he drops the gnr album.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2005, 03:35:04 PM »

Slash's music is good Smiley
Axl's music is good Smiley
Izzy's music is godd Smiley
Duff's music is good Smiley
Gn'R's music is great Grin

smoking Izzy  smoking

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »

All i will say, is i hope Madagascar isnt on the album because it blows. It sounds like a 80's song from Aha
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2005, 03:47:02 PM »

I think Madagascar will be on CD  Undecided
I quite like it though. It's no Appetite or Illusion track it's different, but ot's also good

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2005, 03:53:04 PM »

HEY!!! I liked Aha LoL  js kidding. Anyway, I think that they miss the level of success that they were up to when GnR were going through the Use ur Illusion phase and miss being the biggest musical act in the world. However, I believe that they think about the fact that Axl pretty much had them in a creative chokehold with the music HE wanted to make. So I dont blame them for that because they wanted to put their two cents in, BUT!!! Lets not look past the fact that Axl made great music GnR sold over 80 million records and in 6 yrs became one of the most legendary bands of all time under Axls leadership so even if u dont like the music the fucking guy must be doing something right.

I also remember Axl talking about Steven Tyler not liking the music Aerosmith made in the 90's but Tyler said he'd rather make music he doesnt like that much than break up something that ppl love this much.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2005, 05:59:16 PM »

For he and his Chinese Democracy
to change the music busness, set trends and put the proverbial enema in the ass of a perceived stagnant rock scene.  History tells us otherwise, that's for the young who don't have a past to dwell on or live up to.

Absolutely correct, speculation here that Axl will perform some sort of world shattering comeback is over optimistic to say the least. Go to velvetrope.com, the music business forum and read the comments made about GNR by people in the business; the majority think it's over. The common theme is that Axl is the Howard Hughes of rock and CD is his Spruce Goose. The industry wigs flame anybody who enquires about GNR, I can only assume  they see a reality far less rosy that what many see here.

Falcon, Booker et al. speak the truth.

Sad but true,
Intercourse.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2005, 06:17:42 PM »

comments made about GNR by people in the business;
lol it needs 2 start first, funny if they knock music yet 2 be heard  Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jgfnsr
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2005, 09:44:10 PM »

Young gunner..

your a fucking trip......

......as are you leesixxrose, and since you've been getting on my nerves lately with that mouth of yours, I'll throw my hat into this one.

your trying to compare whos better a singer with nothing to show for his last few years but a tour with all old songs a few shitty new ones and the "promise" of a great album...

The tour was a let down.? No argument there.? And only time will tell as to how great the new record will be.?

But what's this talk about the new songs being "shitty?"? Granted, I myself don't care for "Oh My God" or "Silkworms."? And, for that matter, I'm not 100% sure as to "Chinese Democracy" or "Rhiad & the Bedouins" until I hear the studio versions.? However, "Madagascar" and "The Blues" is easily as good or better than anything on Contraband.? And that's a couple of unreleased, live, non-singles compared to a fully finished product.?

OR

The Band that just played and won at the Grammys, has a Platinum album, Headlining tour
and they are now talking about a new cd out before Christmas....

YEAH The old members are REAL Fucking Envious of Axl Rose.....

However much it's worth, I give Slash, Duff and the rest of the guys kudos for what they've accomplished thus far.?

I say "however much it's worth" because, while Velvet Revolver have been considered a success, Contraband? itself has sold so far around as much as The Spaghetti Incident.? We'll see how steady sales, as well as their current mainstream acceptance, remain.? As far as the Grammy goes, well, it's subjective as to how much one of those is actually worth.? In my opinion, whether it be Slash, Axl, or anybody else receiving one, a Grammy is a glorified paper-weight.? ? ?

The old members just wanted to make good rock music that mattered to people... if success came with it then thats a bonus....Thats EXACTLY what they have done and Axl Rose has not...

You're right.? The old members have made "good rock music."? It's obvious Axl has no interest in making something that is simply "good."? ?

Slash said he wanted "longevity" as one of his goals in the music industry.. Thats what hes gonna get with his new band....

Longetivity is nice only so long as it is accompanied by quality.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2005, 09:56:30 PM »

all 6 of the 'new' songs are better then anything on Contraband   ok
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2005, 07:17:06 AM »

you bash Axl for what he does. Fukin hypocrite
nope i bash Axl for what he doesnt do..... Make music....

I said I can check Madagascar off for 1 or maybe 2 of those categories. In case you didnt read it... those categories were timeless, and as good as some of old gnr classics. SO what? does that leave us? The whole universal thing. Which I then said being that Maddy isnt out yet it cant be heard, plus even when its out I doubt it will be a commercial success. I then went on to say that it is more of a fans classic...see songs like Estranged, COma. Wink Understand?

your a jack ass.....  of course it wont be be a commercial success.... coz its Sheete...

ten years later and hes still using move quotes that he used on Civil War??  its grade a crapola just like u...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2005, 07:29:25 AM »

Hello, kockstar (aka previously banned member), you really want me to ban you again don't you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2005, 07:33:37 AM »

Hello, kockstar (aka previously banned member), you really want me to ban you again don't you?

How come you're letting banned members post here anyway? Doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of banning?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: