Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 32314 times)
madagas
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2005, 08:51:01 AM »

Jarmo, that guy does need to be banned. Period. There is arguing, then there is being a jerk. Intercourse, that Velvet Rope website is SHITE in the highest degree. You are right. The music industry outside of Geffen's high execs think Axl is finished. Great-all the better when he drops the album-if he drops it. Bob Dylan once said you have to become completely irrelevant in order to truly reinvent yourself. He should know with all the changes he went through over his 40 year career. Axl is completely irrelevant now. However, the guys on that website are exactly what is wrong with the music industry today. They are why rock and roll sucks. Everything and everyone has to fit into THEIR idea of what rock and roll should be. Very narrow minded people. Fortunately, jerkoffs like them don't set trends and don't buy records-the public does. Now, anyone on here who thinks Axl is going to make an Appetite type of an impact is lost forever. Falcon is right. It is a young man's game. However, that does not mean that Axl cannot create a truly great, transcending album. Guessing about public approval and trends is a risky game. Just hope for a very solid record and let the chips fall where they may.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2005, 09:01:56 AM »

i for one, don't worry about young or new fans,
-it's the ones VERY familiar with oldgnr thats the tough audience imo  Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2005, 09:22:37 AM »

i for one, don't worry about young or new fans,
-it's the ones VERY familiar with oldgnr thats the tough audience imo? Wink

the music listening/buying public at large - first of all is NOT all young people
sure the 'young' are a huge segment...  which acccounts for the popularity of pop and hip/hop...
but they are not IT
AND
the music listing/buying public at large - will judge the new material/band BY THE MUSIC

sure young people like image etc...
but I don't see this being a breaking point for GN'R

I don't think the guys will have to be anything but themselves...  thank god
Cuz after all the thing about 'image' that draws the young - is really an expression of individualism that they seek
GN'R has a lot of different personalities to which young people who are looking for that kind of comfort can relate to

we've evolved a bit off topic here i think

VR is doing what they do - being who they are /wanna be

GN'R will do the same

I don't see either band's existense frustrating the others'.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »

who said young people can't appreciate good music? Tongue
and yeah, the odds are good w\ gnr either way you see it imo, and the music is the most important? peace

the music listing/buying public at large - will judge the new material/band BY THE MUSIC
thats what i meant lol, i don't worry about young or new fans, as i think only a few people judge unfair  Wink
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:12:36 AM by norway » Logged

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2005, 09:27:44 AM »

that Velvet Rope website is SHITE in the highest degree.

Madagas you also speak the truth.
However, it bothers me that this level of bad opinion in 'the industry' is now heaped upon Axl and subsequently GNR?s head. This could possibly explain the delays to the album; maybe Axl keeps getting stone walled by the people he needs to get his product out there. We all hear it said that it's the 'shittiest business in the world' and Axl despite his wealth and cult status, will have to play the game with these assholes to let CD see the light of day and give it the set of legs it needs to surface with the general public (not the hardcore obsessive types like us).

I personally don?t care if Axls album is a modern version of ?Dark Side of the Moon?, full of epics etc, by the end of this year I should have Slash?s rock ?ying? in VR and Axls epic multi-instrumented ?yang? in GNR to listen to and enjoy. The fact that that combination together is something I will always miss is just a fact of life for the fans now.

Regarding Axl and his feelings on VR, I?m sure Axl was listening and making notes. He took that Childs guy (the hit maker) in to review the vocal work on CD recently. Maybe he read the journalistic criticisms that CB lacked the musical impact expected by the public and he?s not talking any chances of the same thing being said about his own work. I bet he was very interested in CB, it?s sound scapes and textures. Axl was a ?Seattle scene? fan so STP (despite being based in Dan Diego) were lumped into that movement so chances are Axl enjoyed some of STPs work.

Whatever his feelings on Slash, his break up with Duff seemed a lot more grown up so I?m sure he?s not some sort of robot who has deleted all feelings for the guys.
peace,
Intercourse.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2005, 09:32:18 AM »

who said young people can't appreciate good music Tongue
and yeah, the odds are good w\ gnr either way you see it imo, and the music is the most important peace

It's just that most young people follow trends in clothes, music and pretty much everything Wink
But that doesn't mean all youngin's do ok (did I just say youngin's, I'm going crazy ?crying)

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2005, 09:36:22 AM »

However, it bothers me that this level of bad opinion in 'the industry' is now heaped upon Axl and subsequently GNR?s head.
the more profesional and respected dosen't + look at sanctuarys comments on axl -so, it's lookin good  beer

It's just that most young people follow trends in clothes, music and pretty much everything Wink
But that doesn't mean all youngin's do ok (did I just say youngin's, I'm going crazy ?crying)

smoking Izzy ?smoking
yeah, agree, and not only young ones appreciates and image either? peace

madagas
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2005, 09:42:27 AM »

Intercourse, you are right again. Unfortunately, Axl doesn't play that game very well. He is quite a living contradiction. On one hand, you know he wants a massive hit. On the other hand, he doesn't want anyone telling him what to do. I just hope he doesn't sell out too much. That Desmond Child thing is VERY alarming. What a cheese dick that guy is. peace
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2005, 09:50:35 AM »

Intercourse, you are right again. Unfortunately, Axl doesn't play that game very well. He is quite a living contradiction. On one hand, you know he wants a massive hit. On the other hand, he doesn't want anyone telling him what to do. I just hope he doesn't sell out too much. That Desmond Child thing is VERY alarming. What a cheese dick that guy is. peace

i would think that for some fans who fear Axl being too 'artsy-fartsy' - aloof / complex
some 'cheesy' input could be considered to perhaps have a balancing effect? Grin

much like the "wanting a hit / not wanting anyone telling him what to do" would have a balancing effect.

edited to add:   in a lot of ways Axl has his own built-in ying/yang
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2005, 09:57:16 AM »

edited to add: in a lot of ways Axl has his own built-in ying/yang

Yeah like a split personality, sometimes he's totally calm the next minute he's going totaly crazy, this can be seen in some Gn'R songs ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2005, 09:58:49 AM »

...and performances  Cheesy say...

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

That Desmond Child thing is VERY alarming. What a cheese dick that guy is.

I hear ya Madagas....I think the Childs thing is a direct result of FEAR. The old saying goes that as you get older you become more fearful and I think this is what is happening to Axl. The old Axl would have told Childs to fuck himself. Nobody will ever give me a vocal like SCOM again, I remember George Michael on TV saying that Axl was the most talented melody writer and singer he had ever heard. He doesn?t need ?Mr. Vida Loca? to keep his edge, I wish someone could convince him of that.
I think this fear stems form the shock Axl felt when he realized that once the other members were gone, the vitriol from press and public for GNR could only be directed at him. At their peak, GNR had 5 guys to dissipate and relieve the pressure they were feeling from everyone from the press to the US censorship board to the police. Slash said they were a gang that stuck together and gave the collective ?fuck you? to the detractors when times got hard. That common bond they must have felt as they rode the rollercoaster together must have been a great comfort at one time, however fucked up it may have become in the end. Now Axl stands alone to face the shit for GNR. If the album tanks the others can plead insanity and say they were in it for the check, they enjoyed the experiment and can move on. Not so for Axl, this band is everything he stands for. It?s not like he could piss of and ?do an Audioslave? on it now is it? If this album goes down he?ll always be remembered as the man who drilled the hole in the GNR boat, however fair and unfair people view that statement. Now, THAT would be a bastard?
peace,
Intercourse.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2005, 10:05:40 AM »

Axl was the most talented melody writer and singer he had ever heard. He doesn?t need ?Mr. Vida Loca? to keep his edge, I wish someone could convince him of that.
listen 2 the rerecorded scom lol  Roll Eyes

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2005, 10:27:15 AM »

listen 2 the rerecorded scom lol

There was no need to re-record it in the first place. Bono cannot sing 'Pride  - In the Name of Love' as well as he used to, he is smart enough not to be re-recording it.
Why would AXl do that? What a waste of time and money.
So we have: managers, therapists, record execs, band members (old and new), wives, physics, new age healers, lawyers, bodyguards, girlfriends and house keepers....can anybody talk sense to this once great man?
Damn.
Intercourse.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2005, 10:29:18 AM »

Didnt DC mangement or DC himself shoot down the rumor that he worked with Axl?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2005, 10:41:19 AM »

There was no need to re-record it in the first place
the needed 2 rehearse it so...it's really cool  yes
yu can download it at www.newgnr.com? ?Wink

So we have: managers, therapists, record execs, band members (old and new), wives, physics, new age healers, lawyers, bodyguards, girlfriends and house keepers....
yeah, ain't it cool? peace no need 2 be so negative, and axl is better than ever anyway? ok

you liked him best wearin that leather tanga at the roxy? i am not knockin it, but he has not lost senses imo? Smiley

laywers etc? 4 his work and either way-
 -havin a social network that may consist of girlfriends, physics etc... nothin wrong with that, his buisness  peace
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:48:40 AM by norway » Logged

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2005, 10:53:12 AM »

you liked him best wearin that leather tanga at the roxy? i am not knockin it, but he has not lost senses imo

That's not what I meant. I mean will he follow anybodys advice, I'm sure the rest of his social circle would like to see him close this chapter in his life.
Intercourse.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2005, 11:00:02 AM »

I mean will he follow anybodys advice
hope not? nervous but movin along with gnr shows some confindence, you dig?  peace
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 11:02:53 AM by norway » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2005, 11:57:25 AM »

Is there any documentation of Desmond Child's involvement?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »

That re-recorded version was good, thanks norway, but the original is better, in my opinion ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: