Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 07:18:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bruce Springsteen
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen  (Read 32666 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2008, 10:36:22 PM »

Thats cool. I really like the new album. I hope it gets best rock album too.

Nah lost to the new Foo Fighters album.

Of course.  The Boss isn't "hip" by todays standards.

Dave Grohl sucks.  Sad
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

Thats cool. I really like the new album. I hope it gets best rock album too.

Nah lost to the new Foo Fighters album.

Of course.  The Boss isn't "hip" by todays standards.

Dave Grohl sucks.  Sad

I agree for the most part.......some of the Foo Fighters stuff is tolerable...the earlier stuff, but I didn't really jive well with the last album especially.  It was bland for the most part.  Now Bruce's newest album "Magic" took a while to grow on me, but it actually is a great album and I think alot of the filler material on the album is stronger than the selected singles. 

But still though, great to see him at least get best Rock song......he actually was awarded a grammy for best instrumentation too for his track on the tribute album to the dude that did all the soundtracks for those Sergio Leone cowboy movies back in the day. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »

Funny how the videos for Streets of Philadelphia and Radio Nowhere have the same exact intro!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2008, 04:18:37 AM »

"Danny and I worked together for 40 years - he was the most wonderfully fluid keyboard player and a pure natural musician. I loved him very much...we grew up together."
?Bruce Springsteen

Danny Federici, for 40 years the E Street Band's organist and keyboard player, died this afternoon, April 17, 2008 at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City after a three year battle with melanoma.

The Federici family and the E Street family request that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Danny Federici Melanoma Fund. A web site for the Fund is being established and we'll post its link when it is on line.

Bruce Springsteen's concerts scheduled for Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa have been rescheduled at the same venues as follows. Existing tickets will be honored and more specific information is available on Ticketmaster and venue sites:

Ft. Lauderdale: Friday, May 2
Orlando: Wednesday, April 23
Tampa: Tuesday, April 22
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2008, 06:36:46 AM »

Oh no Sad i didn't realize the cancer was that bad. I saw a video of him playing with the band just a week or two ago. RIP Danny Federici. The world just lost a great guy and musician. I can say i was lucky enough to see him live twice.  Embarrassed
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2008, 03:49:59 AM »

RIP Danny Phantom!!!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2008, 03:50:59 AM »

Sorry For the Double Post but dose any one know hows opening up 4 the BOSS one this Tour?  if any one?

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2008, 05:00:42 PM »

there are so many lesser known springsteen songs that are soooo good, like Streets of Fire, Drive All Night, I'm Going Down, Out on The Street, Stolen car, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Trapped (cover) etc....

i thought i was only a real fan of born to run and the rest of the albums i couldnt get into but i've tried listening to some of his other songs again and i cant believe how wrong i was!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 05:07:20 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

there are so many lesser known springsteen songs that are soooo good, like Streets of Fire, Drive All Night, I'm Going Down, Out on The Street, Stolen car, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Trapped (cover) etc....

i thought i was only a real fan of born to run and the rest of the albums i couldnt get into but i've tried listening to some of his other songs again and i cant believe how wrong i was!!!

If you can find the 4 disc box-set entitled "tracks" get that.  It has some absolute gems on it.  Thundercrack owns all.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

Here Today...Drunk Today!

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

My Mum camps outside for tickets for his shows in Ireland. My mum is 45. His music belongs in 1985. You all suck.
Here is a real band www.sendmoreparamedics.com

Sorry Jarmo.  beer

Where's Jim?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band reportedly have signed on to play the halftime show during Super Bowl XLIII, set to take place Feb. 1 at Tampa, FL's Raymond James Stadium.

An unnamed source reportedly told the New York Post's Page Six that the group "has just confirmed," and that "Little Stevie [Van Zandt] has already rented out the Hard Rock Cafe for a party."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band reportedly have signed on to play the halftime show during Super Bowl XLIII, set to take place Feb. 1 at Tampa, FL's Raymond James Stadium.

An unnamed source reportedly told the New York Post's Page Six that the group "has just confirmed," and that "Little Stevie [Van Zandt] has already rented out the Hard Rock Cafe for a party."

The Super Bowl continues the tradition of getting great bands to perform.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »

Nice, I go see Bruce next Tuesday in Hershey.........front row baby!!!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2008, 03:18:25 AM »

Nice, I go see Bruce next Tuesday in Hershey.........front row baby!!!

SWEET!  It would be awesome if he pulled out Streets of Philadelphia for you PA folks.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »

Less than 24 hours!!! I can't freaking wait.  I just want to hear Thunder Road and Drive All Night.  He's played Drive All Night twice this tour so it's a bit of a rarity and Thunder Road really hasn't made many appearances, but hopefully the Boss won't dissappoint.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2008, 01:31:21 AM »

Okay just got back from Hershey and HOLY SHIT.........the E Street Band is tight.  Bruce played for over 3 hours and put on one hell of a show.  I got to hear Thunder Road and he broke out a few rarities like a cover of Boom Boom.  Jungleland is just spine-chilling live.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2008, 01:48:57 AM »

Okay just got back from Hershey and HOLY SHIT.........the E Street Band is tight.  Bruce played for over 3 hours and put on one hell of a show.  I got to hear Thunder Road and he broke out a few rarities like a cover of Boom Boom.  Jungleland is just spine-chilling live.

You got jungleland live? I am jealous that song is simply one of the greatest i've ever heard.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »

You got jungleland live? I am jealous that song is simply one of the greatest i've ever heard.

Yeah........to end the first part of the show was Badlands.......then the encore came and first song was Thunder Road, then immediately right into Jungleland......then Born to Run....10th Avenue Freezout and we got She's the One earlier..........very heavy Born to Run Setlist.  Would have loved to hear Backstreets.

Bruce is doing that sign thing where people will request odd shit and they'll pick a few signs and play like four or five requests.  It's a cool idea, but unfortunately the requests sucked last night and those signs get extremely annoying.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »

Yeah i've noticed that they're playing some rarely played stuff. I wish i could be at one of the last few shows. It should be interesting.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:10 AM »

I went to the one of the Barcelona shows about a month ago. I'm not a massive fan, but I decided I had to see Bruce before he stops touring for good. The songs were ok - sound wasnt perfect - but I didnt personally care. The guy stood there for 3 and 1/2 hours in BACK to BACK nights. This was my first time that I ever see the Boss life and apperantly, he always plays for more than 3 hours everywhere he goes. You gotta give credit when credit is due and this guy really earns it. I don't know how old he is (probably late 50's) and what he achieves night in and night out in every single show is impressive. You may not like the music, that's ok, but people have to admire he's willingness to go the EXTRA mile each and every time.

I don't think there's many acts out there who could pull this off. Back 2 Back nights playing 3 and 1/2 hours each night!

Some of the songs I never, ever heard...it was a bit upsetting cause I was really looking forward to "Hungry heart" , "Brilliant Disguise" and "Glory Days". Bad luck for me cause those songs were played the day before in the first gig. But he played my favorite song "Goin' down" and "Jungleland" too and that was awesome.

He ended with a cover of the Beatles "Twist and shout". He got  what I believe were his kid on stage to sing it along with the other kids of the E Street band members.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: