Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Korn guitarist leaves band for God
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Korn guitarist leaves band for God  (Read 12408 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »

rofl

Genuis

Quick! To the bandwagon!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »

'Follow the leader' is for me an astounding album, and Freak on a leash is possibly my fav metal track.

Maybe I'm not following; are you actually sad about his departure?

I'm not exactly sure as to who he was in the band...
Is he the guy who played that one growly chord or the guy who played those 3 irritating squealy notes?

Would they ever be able to replace this talent? Roll Eyes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 03:05:50 PM »

'Follow the leader' is for me an astounding album, and Freak on a leash is possibly my fav metal track.

Maybe I'm not following; are you actually sad about his departure?

Sad? Of course not, i find it funny - hence why all my posts reflect that, i wasn't trying to trick u all by posting one thing and meaning something else confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 03:21:13 PM »

Sad? Of course not, i find it funny - hence why all my posts reflect that, i wasn't trying to trick u all by posting one thing and meaning something else confused

So do you or don't you like Korn? Huh. I admit freak on a leash was catchy but anything else I heard from them I wasn't to fond of? no

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 03:41:50 PM »

If I had several million dollars in bank account and  super fab amount royalties steadily flowing in I would try all sorts of stupid shit aswell.

Speaking of Korn, a random easter egg friend of mine pointed out:
The cover of Follow The Leader is a painting of a horde of kids walking  down from the cliff.2 of these kids look ALOT like Axl&Slash. Tophat and all.

Follow The Leader was produced by Steve Thompson  who was also involved with the procuction of Appetite For Destruction(Assistant Engineer)at the early stages  of his career.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 04:00:54 PM »

So do you or don't you like Korn? Huh. I admit freak on a leash was catchy but anything else I heard from them I wasn't to fond of? no

smoking Izzy? smoking

I said so here:

I just don't care if some wacko wants out of the band - Korn have probably had a million members anyway.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 10:13:35 PM »

It's not like he quit to join a religious cult. 

I beg to differ.

Axl should pay attention to that - some bands have managed a huge discography of excellent material in the time Axl took to sort out who he didn't want in his band....

nervous

Id sooner point to The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, or Zeppelin as examples of this.

Well, the debut album was groundbreaking, but never mind that.

Trendsetting and innovative - okay.  But groundbreaking?  Slow down...

On topic, I dont give a shit because I dont like Korn.  But I do find stories like this fascinating and humorous.  Good luck to the guy.
jgfnsr
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 11:04:56 PM »

Well, the debut album was groundbreaking, but never mind that.

"Groundbreaking?"? Uuuuuuummmm.........no.

Korn was like Limp Bizkit's 3 Dollar Bill Y'all, a momentary flash-in-the pan hoorah.

And a distasteful one at that.? Tongue

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2005, 03:40:48 PM »

OK, so no one died and made me the official Korn advocate of HTGTH. The thing that annoys me here is that slagging off Korn is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's too easy. And yes, I've been one of those people since '98, which is when I stopped listening to them. But thinking objectively, back in '95/'96 when I first heard the debut album, it really was something special. To really understand it, you have to go back to that time. It's a such a different world - there was no nu-metal back then. No bias. In my book, Korn's selftitled can be compared to Rage Against The Machine's s/t, even if it is a lot worse. They're still both groundbreaking, quality albums, no matter what you hippies say.

As for Limp Bizkit.. ew, I never liked a single one of their songs, and I think they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Korn. Like it or not, Jon Davis is actually a pretty talented singer (or at least used to be, as far as I know he sucks live nowadays).

What I find amusing is that a lot of people here are into horrific bands like M?tley Crue, and the consensus is that it's alright. Ain't that a laugh.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 04:11:14 PM »

It's a such a different world - there was no nu-metal back then. No bias. In my book, Korn's selftitled can be compared to Rage Against The Machine's s/t

Thats the point - RATM was doing a similar thing at the same time, perhaps earlier.  So Korns album isnt exactly groundbreaking when bands like Faith No More, Anthrax, RATM, and even the Beastie Boys to an extent covered similar ground earlier.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 06:12:02 PM »

OK, so no one died and made me the official Korn advocate of HTGTH. The thing that annoys me here is that slagging off Korn is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's too easy. And yes, I've been one of those people since '98, which is when I stopped listening to them. But thinking objectively, back in '95/'96 when I first heard the debut album, it really was something special. To really understand it, you have to go back to that time. It's a such a different world - there was no nu-metal back then. No bias. In my book, Korn's selftitled can be compared to Rage Against The Machine's s/t, even if it is a lot worse. They're still both groundbreaking, quality albums, no matter what you hippies say.

As for Limp Bizkit.. ew, I never liked a single one of their songs, and I think they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Korn. Like it or not, Jon Davis is actually a pretty talented singer (or at least used to be, as far as I know he sucks live nowadays).

What I find amusing is that a lot of people here are into horrific bands like M?tley Crue, and the consensus is that it's alright. Ain't that a laugh.
Keep your retarded opinions to yourself, jackass!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 06:13:46 PM »

i msuper happy he found jesus... very good for him, i know it was a big help when i found him, but i dont know if it was necessary to quit the whole band... i mean i knwo their music is basically dark and gloomy, but you could like, change it around... not to christin music, just not as brutal and stupid and gothic anymore

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 06:25:02 PM »

i msuper happy he found jesus... very good for him, i know it was a big help when i found him, but i dont know if it was necessary to quit the whole band... i mean i knwo their music is basically dark and gloomy, but you could like, change it around... not to christin music, just not as brutal and stupid and gothic anymore
Good point, but maybe he's just using God as an excuse for leaving the band and music in general. Maybey he wants to explore other music or start a solo career without insulting the rest of the band? Huh Then again maybey not

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 06:35:02 PM »

Keep your retarded opinions to yourself, jackass!!

What a brilliant post. And what a waste of fucking space you are.

jgfnsr
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 10:39:26 PM »

Fair enough.

For the record, I love Rage Against the Machine.  In my opinion, they were the only rock/rap band that actually worked.

And since we're on the record, Motley Crue kick ass!
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 11:56:10 PM »

im actually gonna totally agree with you 100%... i thought korn's contribution to music is far better than motely crue's... adn i wont even start on limp bizkit

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2005, 01:13:58 AM »

Well, no argument there. A lot of people here like shitty bands. Bands like Motley Crue, Whitesnake... And Korn. I'm not going to over-think it and compare and contrast each band's shittiness. My point was that being groundbreaking doesn't mean much, if it isn't good music to begin with. I'd say even Motley Crue were fairly groudbreaking for their time.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2005, 03:47:31 AM »

being groundbreaking doesn't mean much, if it isn't good music to begin with. I'd say even Motley Crue were fairly groudbreaking for their time.

I guess you do have a point there, but then again since "good music" is a question of personal opinion, I don't think we could all agree on that many albums worthy of the title..

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2005, 01:59:41 PM »

I'd say even Motley Crue were fairly groudbreaking for their time.

U don't actually believe that...do u?

At best they were improving on the cock rock formulae of Van Halen - at worst they were just pop-metal that managed a few more hits than the other hair metal bands they were so alike

I like the Crue, but c'mon, they haven't brought anything new to the table.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »

Well, I'm no Motley Crue fan, and I know they didn't reinvent the wheel, but they perfected the basic hair metal formula that was used for almost 10 years after that. The hair, the makeup, the music that didn't go any further than "sex, drugs, and rock & roll", the spinning drum kits and whatnot. Motley Crue were to 80s hair metal what Korn is to moden nu metal.. But even if you don't think they were groundbreaking, that was just a side comment. It didn't have a lot to do with my main point..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 01:42:00 AM by disease51883 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: