Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob Zombie/White Zombie  (Read 22870 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 12:59:55 AM »

Did that show air already?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 06:58:38 PM »

god rob zombies solo albums are absolutly class.

i love industrial and stuff like that and i know everyone loves hellbilly but i love the sinister urge, its a perfect mix of heavy metal and dance and funk.

cant wait to hear educated horses album, the single foxy foxy is great, different sound to his other stuff but i still like it,  john 5 rocks.

as for white zombie, they aint really industrial so i dunno why they get that classification, they are ok but robz vocals annoy me when hes with them.

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 03:09:43 AM »

I don't know about the rest of the album, but Foxy Foxy really sucks.  He either needs to get back with White Zombie or just stick to movies.  What a crappy song.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 08:03:19 AM »

Foxy,Foxy is prolly my least fav song on the album...American Witch is amazing though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 12:22:04 PM »

I don't know about the rest of the album, but Foxy Foxy really sucks.  He either needs to get back with White Zombie or just stick to movies.  What a crappy song.

i dont see whats so bad about it, if you compare it to white zombie because you love them then yeah i can see why. but if you look at it from my point of view preffering his stuff over white zombie i think its a great track, its funky and i like his vocals on it.

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2006, 01:52:05 AM »

I don't know about the rest of the album, but Foxy Foxy really sucks.? He either needs to get back with White Zombie or just stick to movies.? What a crappy song.

i dont see whats so bad about it, if you compare it to white zombie because you love them then yeah i can see why. but if you look at it from my point of view preffering his stuff over white zombie i think its a great track, its funky and i like his vocals on it.

If you prefer the solo stuff then there's a better shot at you likeing that song.  But I like a decent amount of his solo stuff too, I just thin Foxy is a bad song.  I can't say anything about the rest of the album though since I haven't heard it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
IzzyYouj
Opening Act

Dirty Rockstar

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 07:24:06 PM »

I ADORE both Rob and White Zombie. Brilliant.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006, 07:48:57 AM »

The first dates have been released for ROB ZOMBIE's summer tour, featuring ANTHRAX in the support slot. Prior to the "American Witch Across America" trek, which is scheduled to kick off late June, Zombie will play a couple of dates in California and Nevada. The details are as follows:

May 13 - Irvine, CA @ KROQ Weenie Roast (no ANTHRAX)
May 26 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Center (no ANTHRAX)
Jun. 30 - El Paso, TX @ County Coliseum
Jul. 02 - Wichita Falls, TX @ Kay Yeager Coliseum
Jul. 05 - McAllen, TX @ La Villa Real Special Events Ctr.
Jul. 07 - North Little Rock, AR @ North Shore Riverwalk
Jul. 09 - Wichita, KS @ Kansas Coliseum
Jul. 12 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Fairgrounds Arena
Jul. 15 - Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Amphitheater
Jul. 16 - Fort Wayne, IN @ Allen County War Mem. Coliseum
Jul. 22 - Mankato, MN @ Midwest Wireless Civic Center
Jul. 24 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Ramkota Exhibit Hall
Jul. 28 - Billings, MT @ Shrine Auditorium

Zombie completed a North American run on Friday (May 5) in Grand Prairie, Texas, his first in support of his recently released "Educated Horses" album.

Zombie is also rumored to be joining GODSMACK on tour as a co-headliner this fall.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2006, 03:57:35 PM »

Armed with his first album of all-new material in five years, Rob Zombie  will tackle a run on the North American amphitheater circuit this summer, and will bring reunited rockers Anthrax along for the ride.

The metal mavens launch the run at the end of June, and dates are piled up through early August, with more shows expected. Details are shown below.

Backing Zombie on stage will be guitarist John 5, bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson and drummer Tommy Clufetos, a lineup Zombie assembled for last year's Ozzfest tour.

The latest incarnation of Anthrax, meanwhile, features the group's classic lineup--Joey Belladonna (vocals), Frankie Bello (guitar), Charlie Benante (drums), Scott Ian (bass) and Danny Spitz (guitar)--which reunited last year for their first live performances in 13 years.

June 2006
30 - El Paso, TX - County Coliseum

July 2006
1 - Lubbock, TX - LoneStar Amphitheatre
2 - Wichita Falls, TX - Kay Yeager Coliseum
5 - McAllen, TX - La Villa Real Special Events Center
7 - North Little Rock, AR - North Shore River Walk
8 - Springfield, MO - Jordan Valley Festival Grounds
9 - Valley Center, KS - Kansas Coliseum
11 - Council Bluffs, IA - Mid-America Center
12 - Oklahoma City, OK - Fairgrounds Arena
14 - Grand Rapids, MI - DeltaPlex
15 - Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheater
16 - Fort Wayne, IN - Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
18 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium
19 - Moline, IL - Mark of the Quad Cities
20 - Green Bay, WI - Resch Center
22 - Mankato, MN - Midwest Wireless Civic Center
23 - Fargo, ND - Fargo Civic Memorial Auditorium
24 - Sioux Falls, SD - Ramkota Exhibit Hall
26 - Rapid City, SD - Rushmore Hall
27 - Casper, WY - Casper Events Center
28 - Billings, MT - Shrine Auditorium
30 - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Prairieland Park
31 - Edmonton, Alberta - Shaw Conference Centre

August 2006
1 - Calgary, Alberta - Stampede Corral
3 - Vancouver, British Columbia - Pacific Coliseum
4 - Salem, OR - Salem Armory Auditorium

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on April 26, GODSMACK's rumored North American co-headlining tour with ROB ZOMBIE is becoming a reality, with Ticketmater currently listing the trek in their system and on their web site. At this point in time, no dates have been announced, but it is expected that more details will be made available during the next couple of weeks.

In an April 24, 2006 interview with Cutter of the Appleton, Wisconsin radio station Razor 94.7, GODSMACK drummer Shannon Larkin said of the band's upcoming touring plans, "We're going to Canada [in June], then we're gonna hit Alaska, then we're gonna move over to Japan, come back around the world, do Mexico, South America? Unfortunately, it's not gonna be until September that we come to America, but on the positive tip, when we do come to America, it will be our biggest show we've ever brought out, and we have a wonderful, wonderful co-headliner. And guess who it is? I can't tell you. I know, it's such a teaser. I guess the deal's 99 percent done, not a hundred, so? But it's gonna happen. I've talked to the man in question even, so I can say we're bringing a kick-ass show ? two kick-ass bands plus an opening band ? and like I said, we're not sparing any account on the people's expense this time ? it's gonna be full-blown pyro, video, midgets? just kidding, no midgets. [Laughs]"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 10:10:20 AM »

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on April 26, GODSMACK have now officially confirmed that they will be teaming up with ROB ZOMBIE for a North American co-headlining tour beginning in late August.

According to MTV.com, GODSMACK drummer Shannon Larkin said this fall tour is the band's way of thanking its fans for being so loyal ? and generous with their dough.

"Debuting at #1 [with GODSMACK's new album, 'IV'] was a testament to our fanbase," he said. "They ran out and bought the album the first week and made us #1, which, you know, we will give back to them this fall when we come back on tour. We'll give back to crowd for going out and buying our record and making us #1. We're bringing the biggest show we've ever brought to America, and we're going to be bringing ROB ZOMBIE out with us. So, it's going to be an amazing thing. Hopefully, we can return the love to our rabid fanbase, and so we have to bring a great show to these people."

In a statement, GODSMACK frontman Sully Erna said that the band's "fans should expect the biggest GODSMACK spectacle yet. This tour will be a virtual, visual, and aural circus. Expect the unexpected when we hit your town." According to a press release, ZOMBIE will be setting the stage during each stop on the tour, turning the venue "into a funhouse of mystery and madness as creatures walk the stage of pyrotechnics, smoke, and mirrors. This is a no-holds barred show so hold on for the ride."

GODSMACK / ROB ZOMBIE tour dates:

Aug. 25 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
Aug. 26 - Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 27 - Houston, TX @ C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
Aug. 30 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
Aug. 31 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sep. 02 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
Sep. 03 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Sep. 04 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Sep. 07 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
Sep. 08 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Sep. 09 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Sep. 12 - Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheatre
Sep. 13 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theater
Sep. 15 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Sep. 16 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Sep. 17 - Maryland Heights, MO @ UMB Bank Pavilion
Sep. 19 - Kansas City, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Sep. 20 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks
Sep. 22 - Las Vegas, NV @ Theatre Under The Stars at Hard Rock
Sep. 23 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
Sep. 24 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Sep. 27 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre
Sep. 29 - Marysville, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Sep. 30 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Oct. 01 - Concord, CA @ Sleep Train Pavilion

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »

Mike Daniel of The Dallas Morning News recently conducted an interview with Rob Zombie. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On his co-headlining tour with GODSMACK:

"I think it's a perfect bill, really. It gets harder and harder to do these things, to match up two bands whose fans are similar, but not so similar to where there's too much crossover."

On his new stage show:

"We've got so many things to coordinate: lights, pyrotechnics, dancing girls. We want to make sure no one gets killed, you know?"

On what GODSMACK has planned for their show:

"I kind of didn't want to know, honestly. I want to be surprised as much as the fans do."

On performing at Ozzfest 2005 in Dallas for nearly an hour at the full mercy of the sun as the second-stage headliner on one of last year's hottest days;

"Oh, yeah, I remember that show. It was so hot you start to hallucinate. And it's true; my shoes really were melting! ... Being in the shade this time will help. But to make up for the fact that we won't have the sun, we're planning a bunch of pyrotechnics and other sources of heat."

On his active filmmaking and publishing activities, which include an animated feature film this fall ("The Haunted World of El Superbeasto", featuring the voices of Paul Giamatti and Danny Trejo); his remake of the horror classic "Halloween" (to be shot into 2007 and released late that year); and hosting a new Turner Classic Movies cult-flick showcase, "TCM Underground", which will premiere in October:

"At most it'll be a year break from music. We're already writing songs for the new record, and there'll be a live record that comes out soon ? that'll be a first for me ? and a tour-documentary DVD sometime next year.

"I'm not planning on slowing down at all. It's just not in my nature."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2006, 05:38:16 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: ROB ZOMBIE and GODSMACK kick off their co-headlining tour tonight (Friday, August 25) in Dallas, Texas, with the tour slated to run through October 1 in Concord, California. While Zombie kept his stage show to a minimum on his last two U.S. treks, the singer told Launch that he's pulling out all the stops on this one. "The GODSMACK tour is me getting back to doing completely insane, retarded production. It'll be sick. Huge. Gigantic. I wanna do the biggest thing I've ever done, basically."

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006, 03:29:03 PM »

Does anyone know how many copies Educates Horses has sold thus far? I'd really like to know.

I hate fanboys.
Malkav
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 11:31:11 AM »

I love his songs, I love his movies and his wife too lol? hihi, "American Witch":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WztgFf0rSxI

here the animated version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4zbZ3ULaU&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:51:31 PM by Malkav » Logged
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2006, 07:26:36 AM »

Cool, that witch was sexy hihi , thanks for posting

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2007, 10:48:47 AM »

Rob Zombie is putting together a WHITE ZOMBIE box set containing "everything we ever recorded," according to the singer. "I am currently transferring all the early shit from the original tapes," he said. "No remixing going on here ? everything will be as it was originally recorded. Don't know when this box set will be available, but it is slowly moving forward. This will be the final word on WHITE ZOMBIE."

Zombie recently mixed a new ROB ZOMBIE live album with producer Scott Humphrey for a tentative early 2007 release.

Rob Zombie's remake of the classic horror film "Halloween" is scheduled to hit theatres in August 2007. Shooting is scheduled to begin this month.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

According to a posting on the Sheri Moon Zombie (Rob Zombie's wife and star of Rob's movies) fan site Sheri Moon Zombie Net, Rob Zombie will officially start filming his upcoming remake of the 1978 horror classic "Halloween" tomorrow (Monday, January 29) at sunrise. "Rob has been rehearsing with the actors all week, and says this movie is going to kick total ass come August 31st, which is still the official release date for 'Halloween' as of right now," says the web site.

Rumors spread across the web earlier in the month that Rob Zombie was going to rewrite the script for "Halloween" after a negative review of a leaked draft of the screenplay surfaced on movie news site Ain't It Cool News. Just days after that review appeared, Fangoria.com published an opposing piece praising the script.

The Ain't It Cool reviewer was disappointed in Zombie's attempt to flesh out and add a human dimension to the character of serial killer Michael Myers, who is released from an asylum years after slaughtering his sister and begins a new killing spree. Zombie himself told Launch earlier this year that he wanted to further explore the masked murderer's motivations. "The biggest difference is I wanna make Michael Myers two things," he said. "I wanna make him a lead character who you sort of know about, 'cause I think that's what it'll take to make that character then again truly terrifying. So in order, in my mind, to pump the life back into him, to make that figure terrifying when he appears onscreen, is you need to know what is happening in his brain."

Zombie posted an apparent response to the Aint It Cool review at the "Halloween" MySpace page, writing in part, "I notice that so many people get crazy when someone you don't even know posts an opinion about what they think "Halloween" will or won't be. This is crazy."

Zombie's version of the 1978 horror classic is his third feature film as a director after 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".

Zombie is also working on a boxed set for his previous band, WHITE ZOMBIE, as well as a solo live album.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »

Rob Zombie's first-ever live album is scheduled for release on September 18 via Geffen. The CD was recorded over several nights during the band's "Educated Horses" tour and will include a 36-page super-deluxe book of never-before-seen live pictures and a DVD of live footage and animated videos. It was mixed by Zombie and producer Scott Humphrey. The track listing is as follows:

01. Sawdust in the Blood
02. American Witch
03. Demon Speeding
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human than Human
06. Dead Girl Superstar
07. House of 1000 Corpses
08. Let It All Bleed Out
09. Creature of the Wheel
10. Demoniod Phenomenon
11. Supercharger Heaven
12. Never Gonna Stop
13. Black Sunshine
14. Superbeast
15. The Devil's Rejects
16. Lords of Salem
17. Thunder Kiss
18. Dragula

As previously reported, Zombie is putting together a WHITE ZOMBIE box set containing "everything we ever recorded," according to the singer. "I am currently transferring all the early shit from the original tapes," he previously said. "No remixing going on here ? everything will be as it was originally recorded. Don't know when this box set will be available, but it is slowly moving forward. This will be the final word on WHITE ZOMBIE."

Zombie's remake of the classic horror film "Halloween" is scheduled to hit theatres on August 31. His previous credits as a screenwriter and director are 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »

Excellent! John 5 does a badass fucking version of "Demon Speeding." It went from one of my less favorite tracks off The Sinister Urge to being just a killer live track and this is something I'm really looking forward to. Long live the Zombie peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: