Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227774 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  So many new posters
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: So many new posters  (Read 16353 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: March 04, 2005, 02:31:19 PM »

Am I just imagining things or are there a fuck load of new new posters appearing on this website in the last few weeks? What I cant understand is though, is how many of them have registered just to have a whinge about the new guns or Axl? Surely if they have been registering in the last few weeks then its because they believe something is about to happen and they care? So why all the slagging off! Why not be just a little bit positive about things? I know that I rattle on about this a little bit in various threads but I truely do not believe that these whingy cunts (not just some of the new posters a lot of the veterans of this site are even worse!) are not excited about the new album and seeing the new band!! Personally if  I didnt care about something that badly then I just wouldnt bother commenting! I think its cos they care a lot that they are moaning! Why not just be a little more positive about Axl and the new band members instead? Sure I get frustrated waiting for the album but I also get excited knowing that the day will come and it will be fucking amazing!!! So come on lets all be a little more positive about the thing we all want instead of whinging about it or bringing up the past!!!! beer

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »

I'm kinda hoping that my thread will get a decent response cos I am very keen to see what peoples thoughts are on this! I havent posted it to cause trouble or just moan at people. I just would love to see people being a little more positive and upbeat about the greatest band in the world in the last 20 years or so. When they are finally that close to releasing the album!

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:07:09 PM »

I completely agree dude.  Too much negativity on the Guns Forums.  I know I'm newer here then most but from what I can see, people like Mike Guiliana and all these other guys that are just fans of $lash or VR really aren't fans of modern day gnr and have no business on a guns forum.    why go to a gnr forum to bash the band?  confused  trolls.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 03:09:29 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »

I completely agree dude. Too much negativity on the Guns Forums. I know I'm newer here then most but from what I can see, people like Mike Guiliana and all these other guys that are just fans of $lash or VR really aren't fans of modern day gnr and have no business on a guns forum.

Good to hear it mate!! You have also rasied a good point where has Mike Guiliana or what ever his surname was, gone? He became really vocal on this site for a few months and seems to have dissapeared!

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 03:22:08 PM »

I could name a few posters on here who love to bash the new gnr.
They are wasting their time posting on a gnr messageboard when they are not really gnr fans anymore.
They need to get a life fast.
I really don't see why they post what they post.

Go outside. Meet people. Get into new music.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »

yeah, always fun with new posters,
but i why post in a section dedicated 2 a band you don't care about or don't like...?

is always cool 2 see fans in this section, tho, ?Smiley keep up ?ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 03:24:27 PM »

I could name a few posters on here who love to bash the new gnr.
They are wasting their time posting on a gnr messageboard when they are not really gnr fans anymore.
They need to get a life fast.
I really don't see why they post what they post.

Go outside. Meet people. Get into new music.

Yeh! I like it!!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 03:26:13 PM »

yeah, always fun with new posters,
but i why post in a section dedicated 2 a band you don't care about or don't like...?

is always cool 2 see fans in this section, tho,  Smiley keep up  ok

How ya doing Norway? Yeh for sure we all know your a proper guns fan!!

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 03:32:36 PM »

nah i just copy and paste you and ppbebe's post  hihi

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »

I fully agree estranged33, but I suppose you had already figured it out  Grin

Why waste your time on something you don't like or don't expect anything from....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

it also the mods and admin fault if gnr-fans is disapointed with the section.
yes  yes

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 04:20:59 PM »

I dont know if you are talking about me because I only have like 25 posts, but I registered in june of 2003 and have come here and reported new to jarmo for a few years now.  I will tell you exactly how I feel and why I 'bash' Axl and his new guys.  The main reason why is because I do not believe this album will ever be released.  I always crack up at you people who say "this is the month!" or "this is the week!" that you will hear something.  You are always wrong, and guess what?  You will never be right.  The guy is a weak person.  Even though he is my favorite musician ever, I still can see that.  He has serious mental issues that have stemmed back who knows how far and I think its pretty clear that he has not fixed himself up yet.  Now go ahead and quote me and say "oh you must know Axl personally then" and all that shit.  I know its coming.  But if you cannot see that he is scared to release this album because of fear of failure then you are kidding yourself.  Why do you think he spends all his time making this 'masterpiece' you guys always talk about?  Not because he is a perfectionist, but because he cares about what everyone says and thinks about him due to his severe insecurities. 

As for why I post here since all I do is talk shit.... well guess what, GNR are still my favorite band ever, but like the NY Giants (who were awful this year) even though they suck now I still like to talk about them, good or bad.  So go ahead and call me a bad fan, piece of shit, cocksucker, or whatever will make yourselves feel better right now. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 05:02:03 PM »

yes? yes

Can't please everybody.... Especially GN'R fans.

I never even bothered trying to please others by changing the way I think the board should be run.

I, and I guess I speak for at least some of the mods too, try to have a board we ourselves would visit even if we weren't "working" on it.

If somebody else likes what I/we do, cool. If not, no big deal.

Personally, I don't mind criticism, what I don't get is the constant whining about everything imaginable. There's no news, that's bad. There's news about Tommy playing shows, that's bad. I can understand that some people are tired of the waiting and therefore bitch about anything, but it's getting old.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 05:10:05 PM »

I dont know if you are talking about me because I only have like 25 posts, but I registered in june of 2003 and have come here and reported new to jarmo for a few years now. I will tell you exactly how I feel and why I 'bash' Axl and his new guys. The main reason why is because I do not believe this album will ever be released. I always crack up at you people who say "this is the month!" or "this is the week!" that you will hear something. You are always wrong, and guess what? You will never be right. The guy is a weak person. Even though he is my favorite musician ever, I still can see that. He has serious mental issues that have stemmed back who knows how far and I think its pretty clear that he has not fixed himself up yet. Now go ahead and quote me and say "oh you must know Axl personally then" and all that shit. I know its coming. But if you cannot see that he is scared to release this album because of fear of failure then you are kidding yourself. Why do you think he spends all his time making this 'masterpiece' you guys always talk about? Not because he is a perfectionist, but because he cares about what everyone says and thinks about him due to his severe insecurities.

As for why I post here since all I do is talk shit.... well guess what, GNR are still my favorite band ever, but like the NY Giants (who were awful this year) even though they suck now I still like to talk about them, good or bad. So go ahead and call me a bad fan, piece of shit, cocksucker, or whatever will make yourselves feel better right now.

Nah ! I ent gonna call you any of those things mate! But I think your talking fucking nonsense! And I ent gonna say 'Oh you must know Axl then' but you do not have a fucking clue what is going on inside the mans head! Nor do I! Nor does any one else on this site.That is why I get so fucked off with people trying to claim they know what is going on! I dont know jack shit about record companies but if I owned one I sure wouldnt invest a whole heap of money in something that the main person person behind wasnt gonna release! So I'm sure that they know what they are doing mate! So that is why I think you are talking crap and dont know what your on about, so why moan and try to claim you know what is gonna happen? Seems like your wasting your own time and energy! See I'm a fan plain and simple and I'll wait until the album comes out instead of trying to anaylise Axls state of mind or what the status of the album is!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 05:18:33 PM »

yes  yes

I never even bothered trying to please others by changing the way I think the board should be run.

I, and I guess I speak for at least some of the mods too, try to have a board we ourselves would visit even if we weren't "working" on it.

Personally, I don't mind criticism, what I don't get is the constant whining about everything imaginable. There's no news, that's bad. There's news about Tommy playing shows, that's bad. I can understand that some people are tired of the waiting and therefore bitch about anything, but it's getting old.

/jarmo

I just think fucking good site Jarmo! There isnt anything else like it out there! Its fucking nice to hear all these different opinions from around the world, but like you say its just getting so tired and lame listening to all the whining and negative shit from a lot of people! One question though I dont know a whole lot of things about the different rules of this site, I just wandered why this thread I started has been moved to this admin feedback and help link? Does this link get read as much? I dont coem on this part all that often. I was really hoping this link would get responded to by all the negative and whingy people in a constructive way to see why they make the comments they do!!

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 05:42:09 PM »

I dont know if you are talking about me because I only have like 25 posts, but I registered in june of 2003 and have come here and reported new to jarmo for a few years now. I will tell you exactly how I feel and why I 'bash' Axl and his new guys. The main reason why is because I do not believe this album will ever be released. I always crack up at you people who say "this is the month!" or "this is the week!" that you will hear something. You are always wrong, and guess what? You will never be right. The guy is a weak person. Even though he is my favorite musician ever, I still can see that. He has serious mental issues that have stemmed back who knows how far and I think its pretty clear that he has not fixed himself up yet. Now go ahead and quote me and say "oh you must know Axl personally then" and all that shit. I know its coming. But if you cannot see that he is scared to release this album because of fear of failure then you are kidding yourself. Why do you think he spends all his time making this 'masterpiece' you guys always talk about? Not because he is a perfectionist, but because he cares about what everyone says and thinks about him due to his severe insecurities.

As for why I post here since all I do is talk shit.... well guess what, GNR are still my favorite band ever, but like the NY Giants (who were awful this year) even though they suck now I still like to talk about them, good or bad. So go ahead and call me a bad fan, piece of shit, cocksucker, or whatever will make yourselves feel better right now.

Nah ! I ent gonna call you any of those things mate! But I think your talking fucking nonsense! And I ent gonna say 'Oh you must know Axl then' but you do not have a fucking clue what is going on inside the mans head! Nor do I! Nor does any one else on this site.That is why I get so fucked off with people trying to claim they know what is going on! I dont know jack shit about record companies but if I owned one I sure wouldnt invest a whole heap of money in something that the main person person behind wasnt gonna release! So I'm sure that they know what they are doing mate! So that is why I think you are talking crap and dont know what your on about, so why moan and try to claim you know what is gonna happen? Seems like your wasting your own time and energy! See I'm a fan plain and simple and I'll wait until the album comes out instead of trying to anaylise Axls state of mind or what the status of the album is!

Haha I am talking nonsense?  Are you telling me that Axl's behavior is normal?  If you do, then I guess you are right, I am talking nonsense.  But if you do not think it is normal, then everything I say has some merit.  Now I know somebody said that the money that has been spent on this album was given up front to Axl.  Even if that is the case, there is a definite possibility of it not being released.  I told this to another poster, there is such a thing as sunk costs.  If the record company does not like the way CD is sounding, then they may decide that putting the record through production and printing is not worth it and just take the hit.

My favorite part is how you claim that I know what is going on in Axl's head.  I am using reasoning and logic.  It doesnt take a brain surgeon to know when somebody is depressed or having personal problems.  Like when I say that Michael Jackson is crazy, I think you would agree with me on that one.  Axl's odd behavior leads me to believe that he still has plenty of issues to work out.  Again, this is NOT fact.  This is my opinion, and I do put some thought into things before I speak.  Does everyone agree, obviously not.  But I think people can at least understand my point of view after hearing what I have to say.  Could I be totally off base?  Sure I could.  But at least I am explaining my position and my opinion of what is going on which is what I have yet to hear from you. 

So instead of cursing and sounding like billy badass, why dont you sit down and think for a second and not write a response based stricly on your emotions. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 05:46:25 PM »

One question though I dont know a whole lot of things about the different rules of this site, I just wandered why this thread I started has been moved to this admin feedback and help link? Does this link get read as much? I dont coem on this part all that often. I was really hoping this link would get responded to by all the negative and whingy people in a constructive way to see why they make the comments they do!!

Only GN'R topics are supposed to be posted in the GN'R section.

This is more about how the place is run and the members of the board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 06:15:13 PM »

yes? yes

/jarmo
yes, it's a newspage with 80% dedicated 2 not gnr so there will be this diversity. And especially the whining i don't lke  Roll Eyes
bithcin about if someone says nice 2 axl, or tommy interview and stuff, just like what the hell!!!
but is ineveiteable i guess, so

but if you don't like it it's kinda your fault as the propertior, imo, but is a good page and many cool posters  peace

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 06:23:14 PM »

and war 41, yes we can think that, the same way logical people asumed the world was flat once  Smiley
but is a reckless singer headbanger

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 07:01:46 PM »

but if you don't like it it's kinda your fault as the propertior, imo, but is a good page and many cool posters? peace

Yeah, well I don't like all of your posts either so what do you suggest I do about that?

I've never banned people just because I disagree with them.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: