Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228028 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who should produce the follow-up to Contraband?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should produce the follow-up to Contraband?  (Read 15417 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2005, 03:48:47 PM »

How about Ted Templeman? What's he done lately?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2005, 05:36:18 PM »

Steve Jones did produce the first buckcherry album tho so he might be down.

With Terry Date  Wink

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 01:43:03 AM »

Rick Rubin definately!! The guy is fucking amazing. I would say Mike Clink just for Appetite alone but didn't he do the illusions too? I thgink the production on those are crap....

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »

I would suggest Tony Visconti a legendary Bowie and T-rex producer. Who has also worked with Thin Lizzy, Iggy Pop and most recently The Manics new album.

I think he would have the experience behind him to really take VR to another level.  I would love to hear that combination. I think Scott would be more interested in working with someone like him. 

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 01:05:33 PM »

Chris Goss is another name to ponder, done tons of stuff with the like of Kyuss, QOTSA, Weiland, Melissa Auf DerMaur..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 01:47:20 PM »

Butch Vig.

Brandan O'Brien

Or if they want to get it done quickly, go up to Seattle and record with Jack Endino. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

Good call Jarmo on Brendan O'Brien.  If Clink gets so many nods (for good reason), then STP nostalgia dictates Brendan gets some love.  O'Brien produced all 5 STP albums, and has worked with such a wide swath of artists, he has experience in just about every spectrum of rock.  He can produce a polished sound, such as on Core or even Vs. by Pearl Jam, and turn around and create a very gritty raw sound like Tiny Music and No Code.
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 06:31:58 PM »

i'm not sure how much scott would go for the GNR connection myself, he's still very aware/self-conscious/insecure about that shit. i think tony visconti is a good idea personally. weiland would go for it due to the bowie connection, and he has pedigree etc.

i think names like bob rock, mike clink...rick rubin etc etc...they're almost too obvious in a sense. "hey lets do a raw rock album...get x guy" and i think this band should be thinking about expanding the bands sound while staying raw and rocky, so i think someone other than those guys might be a better idea.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 06:55:55 PM »

Velvet Revolver should do something ballsy with their next LP. Take chances, expand their sound, take pride in their work and make a "RAW" rock n roll album. The sound and production was awful on the last one. I hope this album will be there Tiny Music record..thats such a good album.
well in a interview i read thats what slash say they were planning to do. Make it RAW

html sucks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »

Bruce Fairbairn would have been nice to hear, coul'da brought good stuff outta Slash

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 11:41:42 PM »

Sorum gave a "him or me" scenario and O'Brien was let go immediately.
Seems like Sorum took notes while in GNR

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 11:52:32 PM »

Forgive my asking, but when did Matt or any other GNR member complain about Mike Clink?
I was comparing him to Axls alleged "me or you" mentality. Whethe rit had to do with people in the crew, management, band, cats and dogs. Just in general. Again dont get Booker on me

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2005, 12:04:51 AM »

Forgive my asking, but when did Matt or any other GNR member complain about Mike Clink?
I was comparing him to Axls alleged "me or you" mentality. Whethe rit had to do with people in the crew, management, band, cats and dogs. Just in general. Again dont get Booker on me

I really had no idea what you were talking about..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2005, 10:52:58 AM »

hmm who produced Audioslave album? sound pretty good.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2005, 11:26:13 AM »

I'd like their next album to be better produced than "contraband". I also think the production of contraband wasn't great. I'd like the second album to be more bluesy-rock oriented and less "metal" (contraband sounds really barely metal sometimes... Undecided) and with a better production, with better arrangements. I'd like to hear also some accoustic guitar works.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:33:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »

I'd like their next album to be better produced than "contraband". I also think the production of contraband wasn't great. I'd like the second album to be more bluesy-rock oriented and less "metal" and with a better production, with better arrangements. I'd like to hear also some accoustic guitar works.
I'd like to hear acoustic guitars aswell? ok and Axl and Izzy

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2005, 11:34:55 AM »

"Contraband" is a good album, but I'm sure it would have been twice better with a more ambitious production and with a more bluesy-rock direction.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:42:11 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2005, 07:42:53 PM »

whats this about sorum not liking o' brien? sounds like the band fucked up, they had the perfect opportunity to get rid of sorum while getting a top producer! Smiley beer beer
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2005, 09:46:46 PM »

whats this about sorum not liking o' brien? sounds like the band fucked up, they had the perfect opportunity to get rid of sorum while getting a top producer! Smiley beer beer

I was mistaken, The Cult had considered O'Brien before moving onto Michael Beinhorn.

It was Beinhorn that Sorum didn't get along with, they finally decided on Bob Rock.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 12:32:33 AM »

I sure hope this next album will not be recorded like contraband.  The sound was so muffled and confusing.  Of course it was a smart move, I just hope there in for a bigger picture.  I mean do you blame them, getting a modern producer to emulate the sound of recordings of the shit music today, to maybe strike a chord into mainstream, which is exactly what they did.  Now they can go anywhere with there music, and I hope they can find a real producer. Please bring in Mike Clink.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: