Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck writes a letter to the NY Times
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck writes a letter to the NY Times  (Read 84752 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2005, 01:29:43 AM »

Perhaps you would like to elaborate on that?

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2005, 01:31:44 AM »

You or I can speculate on what we believe or don't believe Axl would or would not consider.
Our jobs do not call on us to consider offers and/or requests from the managment representatives of musical artists.
You or I can speculate til the cows come home.?
That is the difference between you/me and Leed's who has chosen a career as a journalist writing for the likes of The New York Times.

Another difference I will assume is that neither your nor I would pretend to be interested in having Axl involved in an article, while we were jerking his manager around on the phone 2 days before putting the article to bed - an article that had been in the works for several weeks prior.

Eva, i appreciate your dedication to axl but your comments are pure speculation and well, pure unproven bullshit

First of all already I SAID these were my THOUGHTS.?

Just my thoughts. ok

Same here.... Just my thoughts Wink

So what IS your point in stating that I've offered speculation?

And second of all if you are going to describe my comments as "pure unproven bullshit" you gotta explain what you are referring to.
I have no problem addressing what you're referring to - if you say what it is.? I have explained my views and my take on this topic exrensively and pointedly.? So for you to make a broad statement like you just did is rather weak and meaningless.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2005, 07:54:30 AM »

The guy's name is Jeff Leeds.

Merck is still Merck though.  Wink

Eva, i appreciate your dedication to axl but your comments are pure speculation and well, pure unproven bullshit

That can be said about most things posted on this board. We weren't there when the band broke up, the tour was cancelled or when they recorded CD, so all we can do is speculate.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2005, 02:52:59 PM »

I'm a very cool guy.

I think it would be best if you'd let other people say that...

I think it would be best if you'd let him be.

I think you should have a better sense of humour but unfortunately you don't. So shut up.

Try to get back on topic there guys.? ok? hihi

So , does anyone know if Merck letter to the times got printed in part or in full.

Not sure, they asked him to edit his piece to under 300 words, and he's not heard anything since

We'll have to wait and see
jgfnsr
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2005, 02:59:30 PM »

The best reply Merck could give?

Dear NY Times,

Fuck You.

Sincerely,

Merck Mercuriadis

P.S.? The release date for Chinese Democracy is --/--/--

ok (well under 300 words...)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »

Dear NY Times,

Fuck You.

Sincerely,

Merck Mercuriadis

P.S.? The release date for Chinese Democracy is --/--/--

rofl
THAT will rock!

mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2005, 04:08:45 PM »

Dear NY Times,

Fuck You.

Sincerely,

Merck Mercuriadis

P.S.  The release date for Chinese Democracy is --/--/--

rofl
THAT will rock!

Amen
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2005, 06:18:48 PM »

does anyone ever get the feeling that people on here are very close to the band in some way and know exactly when it's coming?  I feel more than ever Axl is on here and Merk or whoever.  I dont know.  It''s just a feeling I get and silence along with things not said really makes me think that the people with all the answers are right here.  We are all really close to the main source.  I could just be really stoned though.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2005, 07:21:34 PM »

As a sidenote, I'd like Axl to personally announce the release date over the internet via webcast, directly to the fans. Hold the CD to the screen and explain whats been going on. Let the press come to him as opposed to him going to the press. Fuckwits

Here today...ready to rock
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2005, 09:34:34 PM »

You or I can speculate on what we believe or don't believe Axl would or would not consider.
Our jobs do not call on us to consider offers and/or requests from the managment representatives of musical artists.
You or I can speculate til the cows come home.?
That is the difference between you/me and Leed's who has chosen a career as a journalist writing for the likes of The New York Times.

Another difference I will assume is that neither your nor I would pretend to be interested in having Axl involved in an article, while we were jerking his manager around on the phone 2 days before putting the article to bed - an article that had been in the works for several weeks prior.

First of all already I SAID these were my THOUGHTS.?

Just my thoughts. ok

Same here.... Just my thoughts Wink

So what IS your point in stating that I've offered speculation?

And second of all if you are going to describe my comments as "pure unproven bullshit" you gotta explain what you are referring to.
I have no problem addressing what you're referring to - if you say what it is.? I have explained my views and my take on this topic exrensively and pointedly.? So for you to make a broad statement like you just did is rather weak and meaningless.

Fine i'll be happy to elaborate.

You're claims of Leeds jerking merck and axl around two days before the article was put to bed.  As yarmo pointed out we aren't privy to the conversation or any details concerning GNR so how can you say leeds was the one jerking people around ?  Maybe he did do this and maybe he didn't, maybe merck and axl were the ones doing the jerking him around by trying to negotiate terms in which they'd be interviewed.  I don't know and i certainly wouldn't call leed's integrity into question based on merck's comments as you have several times in your lengthy extrememly biased posts.

As long as axl refuses to be interviewed, he deserves all the rumors and speculation surrounding his tight lipped, secret handshake project that he's working on.  How do you defend one of the most famous artists in the worlds privacy ?  The answer is you don't and when you find out that everything is cloak and dagger in the GNR world, you write the best piece you can with the only people who will talk to you. 

Some of these people who wanted to remain anonymous probably are afraid of the Mr litigious coming after them for breaking down and talking to the world about the ever clever and secret project that is Chinese Democracy.

Leeds doesn't deserve to be attacked and probably doesn't deserve any cudos for the dated article he wrote but it's probably the best article anyone could produce considering the subject and the resources available.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2005, 11:11:47 PM »

I'm honestly not sure who or what to defend. But there's alot of frustration to go around for both sides. It's frustrating how easily it was to get a comment from Axl & Management regarding this article. A reporter that may/may not have had his on agenda. That right there simply sucks! How is this reporter more important than all of us GN'R fans? Does Axl prefer to have publicity from the media rather than true and loving fans. It seems imo, the media is much more imortant.

Well maybe if us fans published an article in the NY Times, then GNR would respond?   Undecided

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2005, 11:37:24 PM »

You're claims of Leeds jerking merck and axl around two days before the article was put to bed.? As yarmo pointed out we aren't privy to the conversation or any details concerning GNR so how can you say leeds was the one jerking people around ?? Maybe he did do this and maybe he didn't, maybe merck and axl were the ones doing the jerking him around by trying to negotiate terms in which they'd be interviewed.? I don't know and i certainly wouldn't call leed's integrity into question based on merck's comments as you have several times in your lengthy extrememly biased posts.

My claims of Leeds jerking Merck around 2 days before the article was tobe put to bed... what?
are pure speculation and pure bullshit?

First off - it is my belief and opinion based on what Merck related in his letter to the NY Times. ?
I am not speculating on what occured. ?I am basing an opinon on accounts related.

And secondly - you yourself say in your above quoted post - maybe he did (jerk merck around).
So how is it pure bullshit if it is a reasonable conclusion and opinon that can be drawn based on the account related?

As long as axl refuses to be interviewed, he deserves all the rumors and speculation surrounding his tight lipped, secret handshake project that he's working on. ?How do you defend one of the most famous artists in the worlds privacy ? ?The answer is you don't and when you find out that everything is cloak and dagger in the GNR world, you write the best piece you can with the only people who will talk to you.

Even if Axl granted interviews (as he did well throughout the AFD and Illusions era) he would still be subject to rumours and speculation (as he was throught the AFD and Illusions era). ?

Sure, there are many journalists who would love to be able to report on what is going on... because there is much interest in what Axl Rose does (as there always has been.)... ?but, as you point out they are not so enabled because they simply are not privy to what is going on. ?"Cloak and Dagger" would be a better description of the activities of those attempting to obtain info on GN'R rather than a description of GN'R's activities.
GN'R are simply going about their business, in the manner in which they find is best for them.

You ask (this is the only way I could make sense of your question) "How do you defend the privacy of one of the world's most famous artists?
Are you asking how can I think it is right that one of the world's most famous artists thinks he has a right to privacy?
Could you really be saying that as one of the world's most famous artists that he is not entitled to his privacy?

Or or you asking how could I expect that his privacy would not be violated, since he is so famous?

In either case, it is up to the individual artist to decide on what level of privacy he wants - for either his private life OR his artistic pursuits and the process of his creating his art. ? It is his right...

Some of these people who wanted to remain anonymous probably are afraid of the Mr litigious coming after them for breaking down and talking to the world about the ever clever and secret project that is Chinese Democracy.

...In attempting to safeguard that right assurances of confidentiality are requested before allowing someone into a position which might enable them to violate said privacy. ?Consider for a moment or two - what would motivate someone to violate that confidence? ?Why do these 'un-named sources' violate the confidence that they agreed to? ?What? ?I can not think of a noble reason at all for them to have done so.

Leeds doesn't deserve to be attacked and probably doesn't deserve any cudos for the dated article he wrote but it's probably the best article anyone could produce considering the subject and the resources available.

blabbermouth could have run the same 'scoops' over a period of time and no one would be so impressed.

"according to unnamed sources Geffen cut Axl loose!!!"
"according to unnamed sources there is a piece of equipment in the studio that costs a million dollars!!!"
"according to (whoever) the recording process is an unorganized mess and there's hundreds of thousands of hours of recordings all in pieces!!!"
"the parking lot attendant at Geffen saw Axl leaving in his silver ferrari!!!"

rofl

sorry *ahem* but since Leeds story was as dramatic without the use of a thousand exclamation points... ?
and well plotted/themed throughout (the theme being stated in the title and the plot laid out in the opening)...
since it was so well packaged... ?it merited being run in the New York Times.

The New York Times folks! ? man, the Post has got ta be pissed! ?hihi
"We wuz robbed! ?Quick! ? Someone get out to Malibu and get a pic of Axl in those crazy braids!
Are you guys listening!? ?Times a wastin! ?Book me a flight! ?*grabs camera and runs for door*
"

Chinese Democracy is coming! ?Grin

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:39:27 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2005, 12:15:19 AM »

Ok ,i give, since you didn't respond to any of the statements i made,  i give.   Huh

Here's a thought, the next time you tell one of these stories - have a point.   confused

You did nothing but ignore what i said and instead used the thread to do some more of that fine axl protecting you do so well. 
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2005, 12:56:30 AM »

Ok ,i give, since you didn't respond to any of the statements i made,? i give.? Huh?

Here's a thought, the next time you tell one of these stories - have a point.? ?confused

You did nothing but ignore what i said and instead used the thread to do some more of that fine axl protecting you do so well.?

what the...?? Huh

you apparently need to 'give' because you either:

a) lack a level of reading comprehension sufficient to grasp that I DID respond to your comments

or

b) realize your initial reply to my post as "pure speculation and pure bullshit" was unsubstantiated

Your claim that I am unable to make a point is likewise baseless.? As is your clain that I ignored what you said.?

Despite the respectful manner which I considered your comments, the tone of your above quoted reply makes it apparent that you have a problem with / personal dislike for my views and how I express them.? Regardless of that, I will continue to express my views on this board in the manner which I am accustomed and find enjoyable.? I have no remedy to offer you.

EDITED TO ADD:  My apologies for allowing noizzynofuture to get me off topic.

BACK ON TOPIC:  I'm glad Merck wrote that letter to the NY Times.   ok

« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 12:58:26 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2005, 04:43:17 AM »

Getting a bit out of hand, no?  Settle down folks...Truth is, no one here was privy to the phone conversations...let it go... the earth will continue to rotate, largely unaffected by the latest in a large string of earth-shattering revelations
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2005, 09:06:10 AM »

does anyone ever get the feeling that people on here are very close to the band in some way and know exactly when it's coming?? I feel more than ever Axl is on here and Merk or whoever.? I dont know.? It''s just a feeling I get and silence along with things not said really makes me think that the people with all the answers are right here.? We are all really close to the main source.? I could just be really stoned though.

I get the feeling that people on here are close to the band, but don't have any answers either.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2005, 12:53:46 PM »

Dear NY Times,

Fuck You.

Sincerely,

Merck Mercuriadis

P.S.  The release date for Chinese Democracy is --/--/--

I love the idea Mahan. But that would've been way too easy. hihi hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2005, 01:27:42 PM »

Getting a bit out of hand, no? Settle down folks...Truth is, no one here was privy to the phone conversations...let it go... the earth will continue to rotate, largely unaffected by the latest in a large string of earth-shattering revelations

So now we can only consider conversatoins to which we have witnessed/heard with ouir own ears?

In that case then, Leeds was witness to none of the accounts he related, was he?? So then he was not 'privy' to what he reported on was he?
Yet its offered for our consumption.?
Considering Merck himself WAS PRESENT for the phone conversation which he related to us I'd say that info has 1000 times more weight than anything Leeds reported.... Thus my discussion of the account Merck related in his letter as fact has more merit than any of the second and third hand accounts Leeds reported.

As for the continued rotation of the earth, I'm waiting for the NY Times to report on it.? LOL!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 01:29:22 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2005, 10:13:13 PM »

You obviously chose to disregard my point....
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2005, 04:37:39 AM »

I believe he will have the last laugh

Yea,me too
Great post
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: