Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lucas Says New 'Star Wars' May Rate PG-13
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lucas Says New 'Star Wars' May Rate PG-13  (Read 13242 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »

Ok, so I managed to download a copy of the trailer (the glory of the internet!).

It looks good... it looks REALLY fuckin' good.  They give you a glimpse of a GREAT scene where Palpatine is confronted.  From watching the trailer it looks like Lucas knows what he's doing with "sending Anakin down the dark path", like its not just going to be a flick of a switch (good / bad).

I'm also thinking that Anakin .vs. Obi-Wan in the lava will make up for the last two movies... The trailer gives a taste of the emotion in the battle.

I also think we're going to finally see Palpatine unleash upon his enemies, way worse than Return of the Jedi.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 01:23:23 AM »

Well, Episode III was always the prequel I was looking forward to the most because we get to see Anakin's final transformation into Darth Vadar.  I think that'll end up being pretty cool when we see Vadar back on the big screen.

Episode I was alright in a Saturday matinee kind of way, but Episode II tried too hard to be a "Titanic" among the stars, when its only relation to Titanic was how fast it sunk.  Lucas puts way too much time into his CGI and not enough into his actors.  You can say what you want about the originals, but at least they had human characters that seemed fun and interesting.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »

Episode One was just awful - but Episode Two was a poor film was FANTASTIC sequences, using the scene selection button u have the best Star Wars film - the Jango Fett v Obi Wan battle, the asteriod and bounty hunter chase and the entire last 20 mins are excellent stuff, but the film drags so much between the battles, and there is still to much Jar Jar Binks. The action is much more serious - Episode One has truly laughable fight sequences - that battle droid v Gungans battle is straight out of a Disney film.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 11:22:25 AM »

For those that have a problem with Jar Jar, if you blink at just the right time in this movie you will miss him.

The rest of this is going to be all spoilers so dont read any more of this if you dont want to know what happens:

Anakin is still a bit of a "whiner" in this film but maybe for a good reason, he is supposed to be the "Chosen One" but at every opportunity to advance he is being held back. In Episode 3 Kenobi is made a Jedi Master and a member of the council while Anakin is not, although he saves Kenobis ass at the beginning of the movie and refuses to leave him for dead despite the urgings of Palpatine/Emperor. During this battle Anakin also kills Count Dooku.

Anakin is having nightmares about Padme dying, much like he did about his mother in Episode 2, who did eventually die. So he is all consumed with trying to find away to use his power to prevent his wifes death. He expresses these concerns to Palpatine who uses this opportunity to turn Anakin. He tells him that this is a power that can be learned but that the Jedis would never show him how to use it, only turning to the dark side can save his wifes life.

At about this time, the Jedi Council are on to what Palpatine are upto and send a team of Jedi to arrest him led by Mace Windu (Sam Jackson). Most of the Jedi are easily dispatched of by the emperor as Anakin watches. Mace Windu however proves to be more of a challenge and gains the upperhand and is about to strike down the emperor when Anakin steps in and prevents the death of the one person he believes can save Padmes life. Anakin in the process kills Mace Windu. Sam Jackson has stated in interviews that he is quite happy with the way his character goes out.

At this point Anakins turn to the darkside is complete and the Emperor declares all Jedi as enemies of the republic and are to be done away with. Anakin will be given the name Dart Vader before he actually puts on the suit. BTW, if you are just dying to see the Vader costume you will be waiting quite awhile he only is wearing the suit in the last 5-10 minutes according to various reports.

While Kenobi and Yoda are gone for various reasons, Anakin and an army of clone troopers invade and lay waste to the jedi temple, including all the young Padawans. Upon there return they review security tapes to discover that Anakin was the culprit. Anakin has been dispatched by the Emperor to go kill the two annoying aliens that first showed up in Episode 1, dont remember the names(Gunroy or something like that), he tells Padme where he is going but she doesnt yet know of what he has done. Kenobi and Yoda confront Padme with the what Anakin has done and she tells them where Anakin has gone. Kenobi goes after Anakin with Padme, and Yoda confronts the Emperor.

After a pretty fierce battle Yoda is defeated but not killed by the Emperor. Kenobi and Padme track down Anakin who is furious that Padme has betrayed him by revealing his whereabouts. He uses the force to either choke or throw her against a wall, depending on which report you read. Kenobi rescues Padme and returns her for medical attention. Her children are delivered in an emergency procedure but Padme dies. It is at this time that we find she was pregnant with twins. Anakin only thought she was having one.

Kenobi returns to face Anakin and "The Battle" begins. Supposedly this battle lasts for around 12 minutes over quite a few locations on the planet but of course eventually winds up with Anakin being defeated, supposedly he loses another arm and a leg, and falls into a lava pit of some type. Kenobi leaves him for dead but he is recovered by the Emperors droids and is "rebuilt" and is given the costume that we all know and love as a life support system. Knowing that if it discovered that Anakin has children they will be a target for the Emperor, Bail Organa takes Leia to Alderaan and Kenobi takes Luke to Tatooine.

That is a basic summary of the main events, there is also the introduction of the Wookies and the return/introduction of Chewbacca. There is also a new villain, General Grievous, who is supposedly the inspiration for the life support system that keeps Anakin alive at the end of the film. Grievous also carries 4 lightsabers which leads to a couple interesting battles.  BTW if you are a fan of the lightsaber battles there will be quite a few:

1. Anakin and Kenobi vs. Dooku and later Grievous
2. Kenobi vs. Grievous
3. Mace Windu and 3 Jedi vs. The Emperor
4. Mace Windu vs. Anakin
5. Anakin vs. The Jedi Temple
6. Yoda vs. The Emperor
7. Anakin vs. Kenobi

This is all just taken from various reports including a pretty reliable site that got to see an early cut of the movie, (AICN). Most early reviews from those that have seen the first cut rate this one as just behind Empire Strikes Back, but as some of the scenes werent finished yet it could be better. I for one am seriously looking forward to see how Lucas ties it all together, I've given him a pass on the first two, as I knew we werent going to get all the answers we were looking for in the first 2 movies. I think he did a good job setting things up for this movie, although some of the performances were bad. Lets be honest though, none of the actors in the original trilogy were winning any awards for their performances either.   

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 02:22:33 PM »

Personally, I think George Lucas has gone way too crazy with the CGI.  It's gotten to the point where watching these movies is like watching somebody play video games.  The big battle sequences at the end of Episodes I and II are good examples.  It looks like a video game.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 02:47:51 PM »

You are right, and he isnt the only one guilty of this. Disney is one of the biggest culprits of this. How many movies of theirs do you see with a video game based on the movie released before the actual movie. Of course their are others also. Welcome to the X-Box, PlayStation, Nintendo era. Its almost to the point that the movies are 90 minute commercials for the video games.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 08:51:19 PM »

I acutlly find star wars video games quite interesting. i mean nothing can beat rouge squadron on N64  beer

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 07:12:20 AM »

here's a download link

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/Index.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 12:44:56 PM »

I acutlly find star wars video games quite interesting. i mean nothing can beat rouge squadron on N64 beer

Yes, Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2 for PC... at least the multiplayer.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 07:00:42 PM »

WAAAAWAAAAAAAAA   OBI WAN IS HOLDING ME BACK crying
NOBODY LOVES ME  crying
WAAAAAAWAAAAA      I'M A BIG SCARED PUSSY crying

darth vader was supposed to be a great warrior. not a fucking girlyman.

I love the first 3, but episode one and two sucked.

I hope Lucas can redeem himself on episode 3.  I won't get my hopes up.

lill annie is the girly man, the process of the transformation to DV,  is what removes the girly man and creates the super warrior that we all know DV was.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
RichardNixon
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2005, 08:37:45 PM »

Wow, looks good. I wasn't crazy about TPM, but I liked Attack Of the Clones. Btw, anyone know if Jar Jar gets killed?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

The trailer is now up on www.starwars.com...

What does everyone think?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 03:47:52 AM »

Can someone answer this question for me?

I'm really confussed about this character. Is Palpatine the dude who becomes the emperer in the first trilogy?....And also who is Darth Sidius?...Is this the same dude as palpatine or whatever i've really gotten confussed with some of these characters.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 04:45:52 AM »

the emperor is palpatine.
basically > politician palpatine becomes ... the emperor.
altho we don't where he has this pwoer ... it is not the force. the emperor/palpatine is not a jedi ... he is something else ....

about the new movie. beside the fact that we already know the story.
after what i saw in ep 1 and 2 , i'm not gonna get exited for ep 3.

one thing
in the old episodes you clearly felt that the 4 or 5 characters you were following were PART of a bigger plan, a huge universe and story, where everybody was as important (or more) as them.
han and his buddies, going to endor to deactivate the force field is just a mission, a simple mission, among others. and other rebels where doing missions at the same time ...

this is why i love these movies. this is why the Lord of the Rings (BOOKS) are great.
YOU BELIEVE in that. you see a dragon, a lightsaber, but you believe it.
because it's rusty
because there is dust and stuff don't work
because the "heroes" are just people in a big universe. and things are going on around them.

the new episodes of star wars ?
the fuckin same 3 people DO everything.
anakin and obi wan go from everywhere in the galaxy to do EVERYTHING.
there are 500000 jedis available, but the same 3 guys do everything ....
and this is the mark of "modern action movies" and mainstream stories, everything is SOOO focused on the heroes. not only focused, but they more or less do everything big ... and nothing goes on beside them pretty much.

the abuse of CGI is not a bad thing in itself. it's always a pleasure. (even if when there are too much CG i start looking at it technicaly and don't enjoy them ..)

and of course, the use of "movie stars" kills everything. natalie portman is the worst. i'm glad her characters dies quickly.

episode 4 will always be my favorite : innocence. it is so like the begining of a Role Playing Game... when you're hero is weak and you start walking around ... this feeling is amazing and thats what episode 4 have.
that is what the Lord of The rings (all the books, and just the 1st movie) has.

small people in a big world. (and not big people in small flat world like ep 1 2 and i guess 3)

peace out crackers Smiley

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 05:38:52 AM »

^Thanks man ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2005, 09:21:23 AM »

altho we don't where he has this pwoer ... it is not the force. the emperor/palpatine is not a jedi ... he is something else ....

Er....

no

The Emperor is a Dark Jedi Master, just the opposite of Yoda Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2005, 12:29:22 PM »

Er....

no

The Emperor is a Dark Jedi Master, just the opposite of Yoda Smiley

er ... NO.
he is not a jedi. he does not use the force.
it was in the earliest scripts by lucas and in several books (ep 7, 8,9 ...) and games.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2005, 04:21:58 PM »

he is not a jedi. he does not use the force.
it was in the earliest scripts by lucas and in several books (ep 7, 8,9 ...) and games.

Oh yeah? - watch this rofl I think i win that round Wink

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/ (official site)

The Emperor was a scheming ruler, planning events far in the future, using the Force to foresee the results. Palpatine allowed Rebel spies to learn of the location of the second Death Star, and foresaw their strike team and fleet assault. Palpatine crafted an elaborate trap that was to be the end of the Rebellion. He also concentrated on converting Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the Force, even at the expense of sacrificing Vader. In the Death Star, high above the Battle of Endor, Luke refused the Emperor's newfound dark side power, and so Palpatine used his deadly Force lightning to attack the young Jedi. Luke almost died in the assault, but his father, Darth Vader, returned to the light side of the Force, and hurled the Emperor into the Death Star's reactor core, killing him.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 06:51:07 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2005, 08:50:55 PM »

palpatine is darth sideous, the dark lord of the sith. he is darth mauls master and wishes to destroy the jedi. however, when mace windu confronted him, that was the time he declared jesi as the emenys of his empire.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2005, 12:58:56 AM »

What I'd like to know is what causes his face to get all messed up... you can see it in the preview, and by the time Empire rolls around, he seems to be a healthy green colour.

BTW, the whole idea behind the "sith" is that there is only 2 of them, master and apprentice... this is because back in the day all the sith had a power struggle.  If there's only two of them, there won't be a power struggle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: