Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Zodiac Signs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zodiac Signs  (Read 33712 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 06:21:35 PM »

It's no more stupid than organized relegion

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

What kind of defence is that?!

Besides i actually disagree

Atleast organised religion is organised - zodiac bullshit is a loose affiliation of nutcases and profiteers lacking the ability to even agree on a basic theory as to what this thing is!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2005, 06:36:32 PM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

Atleast organised religion is organised - zodiac bullshit is a loose affiliation of nutcases and profiteers lacking the ability to even agree on a basic theory as to what this thing is!

At least children aren't forced at birth to join the zodiac thing, like with religion. People try to cram religion down others throats, and is the cause of many wars. Anyway I'm gonna stop arguing with you now because I agree with you that it's most likely bullshit, but all religions could just as easily be

smoking Izzy? smoking

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 08:28:31 PM »

saying that a planet's movement affects what we do is ridiculous...its like saying someone on the other side of the planet is influencing you...why is it planets? why not continents or monkeys?...the only influence a planet/moon has on another planet/moon is gravity which produces movement between 2 bodies...gravity is a very weak force that certainly has negligible impact on human movement, never mind human behaviour...i may lean a bit further to the left or right but thats about all

Astrology isnt a science , to be a science there has to be proof...there is no proof that astrology works...

Astrology is full of so many variables it conveniently makes it impossible to predict certainties...

i agree with *IZZY* , religion is based on faith that something exists, not proof that something exists...it makes it sooo convenient to say that it exists without proof...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 08:35:33 PM »

Jessica where did you get that chart thing ? it looks interesting.

I believe my starsign is responsible for some of my personality traits, but that's it really.

If I want an indepth forecast, I'd go to Louise, my tarot reader and therapist.
journey
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 09:35:32 PM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

At least in astrology you have an identity. It's all about you and how you fit into the whole puzzle of life.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 09:44:36 PM »

the who stars hold the future thing dosnt hold any interest for me. i belive God hold my future in his hands.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 11:09:20 PM »

So, u believe in reincarnation, ghosts, the future predicting powers of the planets - anything else? The Easter bunny? Santa? A Guns N' Roses song called 'My Favourite Pillow'? hihi

What's wrong with reincarnation??, I do believe in that, I know its a lot of faith but a little faith goes a long way, but at least it ends on something. I guess i believe in reincarnation cause I grew up listening infinite dreams and I decided the way of heaven not hell  nervous

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 02:26:30 AM »

Im a capricorn and my description is me to the letter.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pryor Murphy
Rocker

Fuck It!

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 04:21:43 AM »

I thought this thread was about "the zodiac killer" boy, i was wrong...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2005, 06:04:02 AM »

Im a capricorn and my description is me to the letter.

its funny that im a capricorn and the description is almost completely wrong...im more like a virgo from the source i found...

At least in astrology you have an identity. It's all about you and how you fit into the whole puzzle of life

i dont need astrology to tell me that you are you unique... Wink

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 08:01:52 AM »

www.astro.com, I think? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2005, 09:17:18 AM »

I believe my starsign is responsible for some of my personality traits, but that's it really.

If I want an indepth forecast, I'd go to Louise, my tarot reader and therapist.

You have to go to www.astro.com, you create yourself a FREE profile ( unless you want to pay for more ) and then, you go to " free horoscopes and right at the bottom, there is a whole thing about charts ?

You can also mix your theme with someone else's ? To see wether you do or can get on with people, or not ?

You have a tarot reader ? Cool..Is she any good ?

Nothing to say
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 09:54:25 AM »

saying that a planet's movement affects what we do is ridiculous...its like saying someone on the other side of the planet is influencing you...why is it planets? why not continents or monkeys?...the only influence a planet/moon has on another planet/moon is gravity which produces movement between 2 bodies...gravity is a very weak force that certainly has negligible impact on human movement, never mind human behaviour...i may lean a bit further to the left or right but thats about all

Finally, someone else with a brain!

Astrology isnt a science , to be a science there has to be proof...there is no proof that astrology works...

Bizarely Astrology is widely accepted as a science nervous

Astrology is full of so many variables it conveniently makes it impossible to predict certainties...

Ah the mysteries of the universe! hihi

i agree with *IZZY* , religion is based on faith that something exists, not proof that something exists...it makes it sooo convenient to say that it exists without proof...

Wasn't that what i said? It's a great situation to be in where u can claim something is true and yet not offer any proof Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
journey
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 01:57:58 PM »

I think Izzy's a virgo cause he likes to criticize. haha haha

Roll Eyes

Criticism or commonsense? If u believe this stuff you clearly went to a curious school - not Hogwarts perhaps? rofl

I'm Libra - which means i don't tolerate absurd superstitions.

Libra is a sign of justice. Having a fair mind and being able to argue all sides of a case.

I think you'd make a great lawyer, Izzy, because you could argue the brass horns off a bull.

Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 02:02:37 PM »

You have to go to www.astro.com, you create yourself a FREE profile ( unless you want to pay for more ) and then, you go to " free horoscopes and right at the bottom, there is a whole thing about charts ?

You can also mix your theme with someone else's ? To see wether you do or can get on with people, or not ?

Thanks, Jessica, I'm there right now.? Smiley

You have a tarot reader ? Cool..Is she any good ?

She is super amazing. She uses tarot as a healing weapon.

I owe her a lot, because not only has she given me accurate readings, she's given me a hell of a lot of advice that's saved me.

you into tarot ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:05:56 PM by Pretty Hate Machine » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

I think Izzy's a virgo cause he likes to criticize. haha haha

Roll Eyes

Criticism or commonsense? If u believe this stuff you clearly went to a curious school - not Hogwarts perhaps? rofl

I'm Libra - which means i don't tolerate absurd superstitions.

Libra is a sign of justice. Having a fair mind and being able to argue all sides of a case.

U see, this Zodiac thing is spot on Shocked

I don't do this for justice, i'm here to save you lot from yourselves

I think you'd make a great lawyer, Izzy, because you could argue the brass horns off a bull.

Argue? Who am i argueing against? No one has offered anything that could class as a defence yet

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 07:53:30 PM »

zodiac readings are often given for alignments of the planets taken thousands of years ago. add to that the fact that the universe has expanded a tad since then and that the planets have therefored moved and you've got yourself a big crock of horsehit.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »

Argue? Who am i argueing against? No one has offered anything that could class as a defence yet

You haven't offered anything as an offence, except the fact that you don't belive in it, that's fair enough. There is no proof that it's right and there is no proof that it's wrong I agree that you should be a lawyer though

zodiac readings are often given for alignments of the planets taken thousands of years ago. add to that the fact that the universe has expanded a tad since then and that the planets have therefored moved and you've got yourself a big crock of horsehit.
The word has changed since the Bible and other holy books were writen aswell (sorry 'bout by ignorance on other religions), but people still have faith in them

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2005, 08:20:17 PM »

You haven't offered anything as an offence, except the fact that you don't belive in it, that's fair enough. There is no proof that it's right and there is no proof that it's wrong I agree that you should be a lawyer though

Huh

Goddamnit

Read before u criticise

Science clearly says for something to be accepted it has to be provable. Zodiac can't be proved - its therefore nonsense. I need to give more of an argument than that??

The age old excuse that u can't prove it doesn't exist is the most laughable thing i have ever heard - ask yourself this, is that really a defence or desperation?

If i was to tell u Kennedy was shot by a gang of free-lance hippies working for Joe Perry u'd say 'where is the proof?' - i'd have to back up a statement i was making.

Where is the difference with the Zodiac stuff then?

This is so very easy

Read again through this thread, all the argument u could ever want is there - but i need to repeat what others have written so well? Sorry, i don't cater for your laziness

The word has changed since the Bible and other holy books were writen aswell (sorry 'bout by ignorance on other religions), but people still have faith in them

What is wrong with u?

What kind of defence is that? Two wrongs DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT

Religion doesn't stand up to any scutiny either. But this isn't a thread about organised religion, thats far too cliche.

I find the responses of those that believe in this stuff highly amusing - the utter irrationality of it!

The zodiac is just a further example of people's desperate need for an ideology - this need for something bigger than themselves to give their worthlives meaning. How small of them.

It infuriates me that people can sit at a computer with all the technology that represents, utilise the internet with all the human advancement that represents and then speak of magic! They can't both exist - either magic or science - u choose. Does the computer work because of technology or god's will or the planets?

Think about it. The sun rises in the morning because of the Earth's rotaion around the sun - not because Zeus wished it or because its being chased by the moon.

Tell me this, when ur ill do u take medicine or do u use a 'healing stone' and channel its energy?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: