Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Zodiac Signs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zodiac Signs  (Read 34161 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »

After the assassination attempt on Ronald, Nancy Reagan began planning everything Ronald did around astrological principles.  Everything-- speeches, travel, press conferences, etc.-- were all planned around readings from one of the world's top astrologers.  Make of that what you will.

And if this has already been mentioned, my apologies.  I'm too lazy right now to read the entire thread.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2005, 04:50:59 AM »

opinions and arguments need facts to support them...you have not given any facts or theories to support your arguments, all "facts" you have given have been easily disproved...no facts, no proof, i think eskimos live on pluto without breathing masks, i have nothing to verify that this is true, although i have seen little white specs of dust in the planets atmosphere so clearly it must be true...astrology is a false science

FALSE! i know the leaning of words better than you do " iq" :

opinion

o?pin?ion [ ə p?nnyən ] (plural o?pin?ions)

noun 

1. personal view: the view somebody takes about a certain issue, especially when it is based solely on personal judgment
In my opinion it?s all a waste of time.

2. estimation: a view regarding the worth of somebody or something
They had a pretty low opinion of me.

3. expert view: an expert assessment of something
I told the doctor I wanted a second opinion.

4. body of generally held views: general assessment, judgment, or evaluation
pundits and other opinion formers

OR

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: ?The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion? (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 04:52:45 AM by jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2005, 04:57:10 AM »

So next time someone tries to speak to me as if i was a brainless bimbo, check your facts and open a dictionnary, because i love the word" opinion". It is also one of the rare words that has a legal value and that cannot be attacked in a court of justice. Because an opinion is not based on facts. Therefore it is not a proof and therefore, it cannot be attacked.

I love words, i love debating, although i am not the most intelligent person on the planet, i love to share what i like with people who either like i too or who are mature enough to ask without judging.

What i dislike is being spoken to like shit solely on the fact that some might think themselves a lot more clever than they really are.

I do not have that pretention.

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2005, 09:35:15 AM »

Funny, you bear one of my greatest flaws or what used to be :

Oh my......pray tell, what are your other ''great'' flaws? A belief in the absurd? Being Gullible? Unable to structure a coherant defence?

you think you are so godam intelligent !

I believe judgements need evidence to be meaninful and can structure an argument - if this strikes u as arrogant, then so be it.

I would say any human of sound mind and judgement could do the same.

And your ego is as large as a field of potato !

Your mama is so fat confused

You must be so insecure to try and crush people's opinions like this !

I'm a monster ain't i? Roll Eyes

I have explained my motives for why i reponded - i'm trying to save you ignorant bastards from yourselves hihi

Like sharing an info and not necessarily trying to influence the other but wanting to learn about his/her view on a given subject ?

We have already established you are trying to influence 'non believers' so don't give me that Smiley

I can't help but view your posts as a desperate attempt to deflect attention from your lack of ''argument'' - i'm still waiting for the proof and research your article talked about

Also, i'd really, REALLY like a reply to all the points i've been making which include:

Why is it that Universities and journals want nothing to do with the zodiac nonsense?

There are plenty of others.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2005, 09:47:40 AM »

Izzy, even if anyone gave you solid proof that this Zodiac business was correct you'd still say it's bullshit

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2005, 09:54:22 AM »

So next time someone tries to speak to me as if i was a brainless bimbo,

Please, we don't view you with nearly as much respect rofl

check your facts and open a dictionnary, because i love the word" opinion". It is also one of the rare words that has a legal value and that cannot be attacked in a court of justice.

This has me baffled....it really does

An opinion is nothing more than your personal views, they prove nothing - having an opinion on the zodiac doesn't legitimse it.

Can't attack it in court? What courts do u have in France? An opinion can be attacked for its baseless nature, which goes on in every court in the free world

Because an opinion is not based on facts. Therefore it is not a proof and therefore, it cannot be attacked.

nervous confused Roll Eyes

What the fuck? Once again:

It can be attacked for its baseless nature....

I love words,

...Just struggle as to how to use them, you don't seem familiar with the concept that if u express an opion to someone who holds a contray view you are trying to influence them...

i love debating,

You call this a debate?!

You haven't managed a sensible reply yet....

although i am not the most intelligent person on the planet,

Or even in this thread....

i love to share what i like with people who either like i too or who are mature enough to ask without judging.

OMG

Mature enough to ask without judging?? RU Serious?? Maturity involves a skeptical mind, you just accept things? Okay then - the world is flat and moon made of cheese

What i dislike is being spoken to like shit solely on the fact that some might think themselves a lot more clever than they really are.

The percieved slights come from a sensible position that reveals you as absurd

I do not have that pretention.

Just like you don't try and influence! rofl

Is someone going to give a sensible view, certain people on this board have made it clear they would rather speak nonsense, and i grew tired of it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2005, 10:01:09 AM »

Izzy, even if anyone gave you solid proof that this Zodiac business was correct you'd still say it's bullshit

rofl hihi

You refuse to read my argument and then just drop in pointless posts to boost your post count - ur getting there!

My complaint with the Zodiac is there is no proof = doesn't exist, and that people claim otherwise in the face of reason

Clearly this opinion would be set aside in the face of proof....

By the way you got any proof?? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2005, 10:06:08 AM »

After the assassination attempt on Ronald, Nancy Reagan began planning everything Ronald did around astrological principles.? Everything-- speeches, travel, press conferences, etc.-- were all planned around readings from one of the world's top astrologers.? Make of that what you will.

My god! Your right!

Clearly this prevented him from being shot again! This is the proof we've needed! rofl

Pray tell - did the zodiac also compel him to sell illegal weapons to fund the Nicuraguan rebels? hihi

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:09:57 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2005, 10:15:47 AM »

You refuse to read my argument
BS, I did read you're "argument"

You refuse to read my argument and then just drop in pointless posts to boost your post count - ur getting there!
Well which one of us just posted three times in a row? confused

By the way you got any proof?? hihi
I'm not sure exactly how many more times I'll have to say this: I don't need proof because I don't even belive in this stuff. All I'm tryin' to say is that you're reasoning skills are shit, even if you're confident that you're 100% correct could you at least listen to others opinions with out posting back insults? Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2005, 10:28:18 AM »

Goodie, more!

You refuse to read my argument
BS, I did read you're "argument"

My bad, sorry, i just thought because you never seem to understand my position u just must not have read it

But of course you have read it..so why u misunderstand me...well, who knows?

Well which one of us just posted three times in a row? confused

Ohh swish! I was replying to posts my three different people - i have enough respect for them to do it individually rather than bunching them all together, i want them to be able to find my reply - i'd hate for people to get...confused Wink

I'm not sure exactly how many more times I'll have to say this: I don't need proof because I don't even belive in this stuff.

U don't believe in it...and don't have an argument against it - remind me, why are u in the this thread? Oh i forgot - post count.

All I'm tryin' to say is that you're reasoning skills are shit,

U have examples of this of course? U will promptly reply demonstrating the gaping hole's in my argument? I'm waiting Smiley

My reasoning skills rofl I am argueing against people who believe in what doesn't exist and its my skills your commenting on rofl

even if you're confident that you're 100% correct could you at least listen to others opinions

Roll Eyes

I quote every fucking line - how can i do that and not have listened to their frantic screams?

with out posting back insults? Huh

No, no - its my argument which is making u feel stupid, i merely have to put in a few smilies to make it look cool Cool Wink

smoking Izzy? smoking

Is the stuff your smoking the reason you post such...curious...replies?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 05:39:16 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2005, 10:41:35 AM »

smoking Izzy smoking
Is the stuff your smoking the reason you post such...curious...replies?
Yes? yes

If you want me to stop "raising my post count" then stop replying to me, if you want to have a proper argument, which it seems you do, then stop refering to my post counts and my lack of education and start giving me points that you dissagree with and i will try and prove them since the people who actually belive in this stuff have left due to your "friendly" and "welcoming" presence, by the way I was being sarcastic

smoking Izzy? smoking

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »

This is all my fault I just want a fun topic  no

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2005, 04:30:51 PM »

FALSE! i know the leaning of words better than you do " iq" :

opinion

...cut for being long winded...
So next time someone tries to speak to me as if i was a brainless bimbo, check your facts and open a dictionnary, because i love the word" opinion". It is also one of the rare words that has a legal value and that cannot be attacked in a court of justice. Because an opinion is not based on facts. Therefore it is not a proof and therefore, it cannot be attacked.

amusing...you claim to know more about english, my first language and clearly your second...you should pay more attention to understand the meaning of the word and not to quote from a dictionary...if opinion is your favourite word and you dont even understand it, ...

opinion has no basis in fact...it is a personal view...opinions cant be attacked in court...laughable...you clearly no nothing of law either...

so if i came into court and voiced my opinion about 13th century bedpans, and that cannot be argued against even though i know nothing of such things?...opinions can only be taken seriously from people who have the knowledge of that subject...their qualifications, knowledge etc is based in fact and even then nobody would base a judgement on one persons opinion...are you nuts?...opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

I believe judgements need evidence to be meaninful and can structure an argument - if this strikes u as arrogant, then so be it.

its only arrogant if your arguments are baseless...its good to see someone who is coherent and is willing to challenge their mind

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »

if you want to have a proper argument, which it seems you do, then stop refering to my post counts and my lack of education and start giving me points that you dissagree with and i will try and prove them

I've got to be honest - i've run out of points to make, as you haven't yet challeneged any of the existing ones i'm thinking you can just go back and look at what's already been said rather than having me repeat myself.

Anyway, i grew tired of this, its been a lot of fun, but i've made my position clear, take it or leave it, all the justification needed has already been said.

I aim to gracefully withdraw from the debate

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2005, 06:10:03 PM »

if you want to have a proper argument, which it seems you do, then stop refering to my post counts and my lack of education and start giving me points that you dissagree with and i will try and prove them

I've got to be honest - i've run out of points to make, as you haven't yet challeneged any of the existing ones i'm thinking you can just go back and look at what's already been said rather than having me repeat myself.

Anyway, i grew tired of this, its been a lot of fun, but i've made my position clear, take it or leave it, all the justification needed has already been said.

I can't answer your previous questions because really to tell you the truth there is no proof only opinions, but you knew that anyway.? So I might aswell just admit you were right all along? Undecided

This is all my fault I just want a fun topic no
Sorry for ruining your thread? Sad

smoking Izzy? smoking

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2005, 06:12:27 PM »

I'll buy the beers and lets all chill  peace  beer

I can't answer your previous questions because really to tell you the truth there is no proof only opinions, but you knew that anyway.  So I might aswell just admit you were right all along  Undecided

This is all my fault I just want a fun topic no
Sorry for ruining your thread  Sad

smoking Izzy  smoking

Don't worry lets focus on alcohol  Grin, even though I dont agree  with you either  Wink

No man can be my equal
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2005, 06:23:44 PM »

Don't worry lets focus on alcohol Grin, even though I dont agree with you either Wink
It's Saint Paddies Day tomorrow so we might aswell drink till we drop, they think Oktoberfest is the biggest beer festival, but they're wrong? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2005, 06:44:08 PM »

It's Saint Paddies Day tomorrow

beer as good a reason as any to have a few drinks...the parade in Dublin is fantastic, definitely worth going to see it  beer

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2005, 07:45:03 AM »

I'm not in Dublin but I'll asume Im there.  peace

No man can be my equal
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2005, 10:54:23 AM »

Happy St. Patricks day everybody ? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: