Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Heretodaygonetofiles + POST SONG RECORDINGS HERE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heretodaygonetofiles + POST SONG RECORDINGS HERE  (Read 43951 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2003, 01:12:54 PM »

I uploaded a small piece I recorded... It's at the GN'R folder and named "Skeba - jimitocivilwar.mp3" or something.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2003, 01:13:27 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Axl Rose Fan
Opening Act

"We're still holding back the big guns."

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2003, 10:46:26 PM »

i just added my take on the 1st half of the 3rd sweet child solo, ok now i gg learn the rest.  oh and crank up your volume cuz the output is pretty low.

I seen no better said
I wish I never met her said
I'd leave it all behind
yowser
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2003, 11:34:16 PM »

Just listened to the files for the first time tonight - everyone sounds great!   [ok]

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 07:21:46 PM »

Nice one skeba  [ok], I was wondering wtf jimito meant for a while there [rofl]

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2003, 07:51:23 AM »

Thanks.. I think the Jimi part came out a bit lazy... But now that I've got the whole version of the recording software, I think I'll redo that, or make some other - hopefully better - stuff.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 08:13:10 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Aero
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2003, 09:15:16 AM »

ok dont laught. i've uploaded a mini song called 2kim  [peace]
Conny
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2003, 02:14:35 AM »

Uploaded the following in the GN'R folder:

One In A Million - poor quality sample, this belongs to the "for fun" section, so don't take it too seriously...  Wink

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your stuff! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 02:23:13 AM by Conny » Logged
Dragon
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2003, 06:16:52 AM »

Uploaded the following in the GN'R folder:

One In A Million - poor quality sample, this belongs to the "for fun" section, so don't take it too seriously...  Wink

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your stuff! Smiley

I can't play it, winamp complains about missing mp3 header or something like that.
Conny
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2003, 10:55:52 AM »

I can't play it, winamp complains about missing mp3 header or something like that.

Hm...  Huh

It works fine on my computer...

You could rename the file ansd try again or just open windows media player and pull the file into intio it.
Dragon
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2003, 11:44:49 AM »

Hm...  Huh

It works fine on my computer...

You could rename the file ansd try again or just open windows media player and pull the file into intio it.
It works now, just as you said I had to rename it to mpg. [ok]
Conny
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2003, 11:07:30 PM »

OK, I added another one in the "other" folder.

It's a little guitar surprise for you fellas and it's dedicated to Buckethead.

When it comes to great film music, it doesn't have to be the "Godfather Theme" all the time, does it?  Wink Perhaps...a little bit of John Williams for ya?  Grin  Enjoy!

@ Aero

Nice job on the "Chinese Democracy" riff!  [ok]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 11:08:58 PM by Conny » Logged
TheOtherMember
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2003, 12:02:32 PM »

I have uploaded a version of 14 years that I wrote about a year ago. It's not actually strictly the right version but it works quite well I think. No solo though i'm afraid. Give it a shot....

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2003, 10:17:52 PM »

Can anyone that can play the piano really mint and upload any GNR tunes, like NR or Estranged or piano bits from civil war, don't cry etc.  That would be cool

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
darkmonth
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2003, 03:36:44 AM »

I have uploaded Sweet Child O' Mine and Welcome To The Jungle.  They are both Midi drums and bass... and all guitars by me..  I did them both about two years ago (I know that's accurate because I was living and working somewhere else at the time).

They were both recorded before work on different mornings.  Each took about 2 hours to record and mix so I appolgise for the quality of the mixing. I did rush them but also, the solos etc are not as good as I could play them now, as it was so long ago.

Recorded in Cubase VST 5 with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.  Amp was a Sessionette:75, with a Marshall Shredmaster pedal.  Yuk. Not exactly the nicest setup so tone isnt amazing. I will rerecord them soon with my new TSL amp and get some classic Slash sounds down!

Hope you like them.  Let me know.

PS.  Sweet Child O' Mine is played weeeeell too fast.  Thats becuase the PC I was using could only cope with a certain amount of length (considering I had quite a few tracks... the drums and bass were mixed down to audio and then EQ and reverbs etc applied)

Dave
« Last Edit: March 16, 2003, 03:44:00 AM by darkmonth » Logged
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2003, 01:21:26 PM »

hey darkmonth, nice work [ok], you play those two a bit differently from the way I would, its cool to hear other guys' takes on these songs. I would love to upload a few of my own but I don't have any recording software! Anyone know where I might get something off the internet or anything?

cheers

Cool

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
darkmonth
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2003, 02:15:19 PM »

Thanks,

well I did say they were two years old... I play them different now.  More confidence and my timing is much better.  I mean, back then I was starting a new band... after gigging and playing with them for all this time,  I am now the lead guitarist in a new band and we play hard rock.  I reckon I scrub up pretty well with my playing now.

Dave
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2003, 02:34:58 PM »

You wouldn't happen to have those bass lines and drums still somewhere + willing to share them now would you?

darkmonth
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2003, 05:39:15 PM »

Who me?

Oh I am sure I would.  I have Paradise City and Knockin' On Heavens door and a few others too...

I could upload them as Midi files if people want.

Not now though, bedtime calls! Just finished watching Cold Feet on ITV1.  Last ever episode.  Quite cool.

Sleep!

Dave
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2003, 05:49:46 PM »

yeah those midis would be great if you could upload them  [peace]

cheers [beer]

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
darkmonth
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2003, 02:13:26 AM »

I have uploaded Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Hheaven's Door, November Rain, Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine.  They are all drum and bass guitar tracks with the exception of November Rain which has the strings thrown in for good measure.  Get a good set of Soundfonts to make these drums etc sound good.  Then bring the midi into cubase and split the drum tracks.  Merge each one to an audio track and EQ and mix it as it needs.  Working with a single track to encompass all the drum parts is a naff way of doing it and to get pro results yu will want to mess with tracks individually.

I didn't author these.  I altered them.  They may not all be dropped half a step tuning.  I can't remember.  Transpose the instruments in your midi program if you want them in E or in Eb depending on what you want.

Cheers

Dave
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: