Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Please join me in writing a letter
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please join me in writing a letter  (Read 15420 times)
Gunnerguy
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 10:15:04 AM »

PETA are a bunch of extremist freaks

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you?ve got it made.
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 10:18:26 AM »

"slightly askew of the topic but 300,000 seals are skinned alive every year..."

That is true and very sad in my eyes. But do you know how many women and children are murdered every day in third world countries. Probly more than 300,000 in one year. Do you know how many children die in third world countries because of hunger and fucked up dieses?

This world is fucked up. Human rights, and PETA people are a good thing. But a lot of the time they (PETA) take it to far. As much as I hate to say this it is true. They are freaks about things such as hunting and how animals are killed in the USA (which was bad back in the 60s-70s-80s, but they changed all the laws now). Im sure there are thousands of animals who get eaten alive every day by other animals. Its called the chain of life. A seal gets chased down by a polar bear and eating alive, a bear kills a deer and eats it alive. We live in a cruel world; animals do what they have too, to stay alive. Even the animals who walk on two legs. ?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 03:31:51 PM »

"slightly askew of the topic but 300,000 seals are skinned alive every year..."

That is true and very sad in my eyes. But do you know how many women and children are murdered every day in third world countries. Probly more than 300,000 in one year. Do you know how many children die in third world countries because of hunger and fucked up dieses?

This world is fucked up. Human rights, and PETA people are a good thing. But a lot of the time they (PETA) take it to far. As much as I hate to say this it is true. They are freaks about things such as hunting and how animals are killed in the USA (which was bad back in the 60s-70s-80s, but they changed all the laws now). Im sure there are thousands of animals who get eaten alive every day by other animals. Its called the chain of life. A seal gets chased down by a polar bear and eating alive, a bear kills a deer and eats it alive. We live in a cruel world; animals do what they have too, to stay alive. Even the animals who walk on two legs. 

are you saying that i shouldnt be concerned with animals being skinned because there are hundreds of thousands of children dying of disease every year? ...on the contrary...i am concerned about both

i have no love of PETA from what I have heard about them...i would rather be shown the truth than be manipulated by an agenda which obviously they have...yes we live in a cruel world and yes animals have to do what they have to do to stay alive...but wearing a fur because they think it looks good strikes me as having a lack of concern about the practices that are being used in foreign countries to satisfy the demand of these pretentious snobs (i.e. France)...animals being skinned alive is just savage...there is no need for it...we are in the technology age...and we dont need such garments because non-natural substitutes are available...there is a difference, animals kill other animals to survive, we dont need to kill animals in any way that increases their suffering, unless you are put in a position where you have to do it...

I wear mongolia sheep ..hardly a luxury, but sooooft, although it's a fur.

Do any of you two wear suede ?

not me

Yeah, right, like all women who like fashion..Didn't know fashion was upper class...

i know plenty of women who love fashion, and they dont wear fur, skin leather nor use products tested on animals...i find most women are animal lovers...and besides French designers are pretentious pricks who tend to stick anything on a models head and call it fashion...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 04:29:23 PM by I Q » Logged

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 03:51:39 PM »

i know plenty of women who love fashion, and they dont wear fur, skin leather nor use products tested on animals...i find most women are animal lovers...and besides French designers are pretentious pricks who tend to stick anything on a models head and call it fashion...

Designers are mostly italian, american, belgies and english nowadays. 

Why is it that to you, anyone who seems to enjoy a little bit of luxury is " pretentious" ? aside from fur i mean. It seems in your vocab that you have issues regarding the riches ?

Nothing to say
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 05:46:24 PM »

Why is it that to you, anyone who seems to enjoy a little bit of luxury is " pretentious" ? aside from fur i mean. It seems in your vocab that you have issues regarding the riches ?

i have no issues with someone being successful, i prefer people who believe they are equal with all others, anyone else who thinks theyre above me i will ignore or criticise them for their faults...there is no other reason to wear fur other than to improve your social standing with others of the same ilk

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 05:30:35 AM »

You're judging people on what they're wearing ? I own a leather jacket and doc martens pair of shoes I don't think it makes me look like a pretentious prick ... what's the difference between leather and fur ? Not much if you asked me.  Roll Eyes
By the way Axl wore and guess still wear fur ... my grand mother used to wear fur and I can tell you she was everything but pretentious or interested in fashion ....  Roll Eyes

The force ... the force ...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »

You're judging people on what they're wearing ? I own a leather jacket and doc martens pair of shoes I don't think it makes me look like a pretentious prick ... what's the difference between leather and fur ? Not much if you asked me.  Roll Eyes
By the way Axl wore and guess still wear fur ... my grand mother used to wear fur and I can tell you she was everything but pretentious or interested in fashion ....  Roll Eyes

the leather industry is far more regulated and very little suffering of animals occur ...the fur industry is far from being regulated and suffering occurs far more often...you wear fur, you encourage the unscrupulous to make the suffering of the animals worse...do you like animals suffering? i dont, so imo its pretentious to wear fur

your grandmother lived in a different age...an age of ivory traders,  racism, hunting down species for fun among many other things...

btw im not a vegetarian, i just dont like animals suffering...

(Winston Churchill)"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2005, 04:20:28 AM »

I don't actually agree w/ your vision of the fur trade vs leather trade ... and fur is not only vison ... it can be rabbits or foxes or whatever ...
And about my grand-mother living in the dark age well I guess we're not done yet with racism or even Ivory trade ...  Roll Eyes
I just think condemning and juging people on what they wear or what they eat is pretty narrow-minded ...

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »

I don't actually agree w/ your vision of the fur trade vs leather trade ... and fur is not only vison ... it can be rabbits or foxes or whatever ...
And about my grand-mother living in the dark age well I guess we're not done yet with racism or even Ivory trade ...  Roll Eyes
I just think condemning and juging people on what they wear or what they eat is pretty narrow-minded ...

for the majority racism is now unacceptable, and the ivory trade is nothing like it used to be...

funny i was thinking someone who wears fur for no reason was narrow minded

and you didnt answer my question either, do you like animals suffering?

(Winston Churchill)"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 05:11:20 AM »

Well I don't wear fur ... I don't like having hair sticking up my back ... I just don't condemn people for wearing them ... see the difference here ? People can wear whatever they feel like ! I do wear from time to time a leather jacket and leather shoes and a leather belt ...  Shocked - reminder : leather is the skin of a dead animal without hair ...
Do I like to see animals suffer ? No, when one of my cats died I was really in grief ... but I do eat meat and I know animals are to be killed for that. I have the feeling it's really politically correct to condemn people for wearing fur and I just think this is a total hypocrisy.

And about racism being acceptable when my grand mother was still alive, she only died  10 years ago so I don't think the world situation changed that much since then.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 07:13:47 AM »

i am far from being a politically correct person...i dont condemn others for wearing leather or fur where the animal has been humanely killed, if it has been inhumanely killed then i do condemn them...and the fur trade isnt a regulated industry...until that industry is regulated to a degree where 99%+ of the animals are killed humanely then i condemn people for wearing fur...and i only eat meat from this country where i know its regulated so i believe that isnt hypocrisy on my part

i disagree with your "people can wear what they feel like" statement...where does your statement stop? sheep? dogs? elephants? endangered animals? humans? and why does it stop there?

(Winston Churchill)"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

"i dont condemn others for wearing leather or fur where the animal has been humanely killed, if it has been inhumanely killed then i do condemn them"

You see we agree ...  hihi yes
But that's not what you said previously ... you were saying people wearing fur where pretentious or something like than ... too lazy to re-read the whole thread.

"i disagree with your "people can wear what they feel like" statement...where does your statement stop? sheep? dogs? elephants? endangered animals? humans? and why does it stop there?"

I know you're clever than that ! When I was answering to the thread this morning I was like ... "Do I have to precise that I'm not including illegal stuff like tiger or human skin ?".
I really don't want to have an argument over an issue I'm not even that interested in. So I guess I won't be answering here. I'm not pro-fur or whatever ... If I started to post in here it was because of some extremist views on death penalty for killing animals ...  Undecided
And futhermore I don't want to start a "fight" with you because until now I kinda liked your posts !  yes

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2005, 05:18:23 PM »

noooo, there is no fight involved...i just like to challenge people opinions and for others to challenge mine...it makes people think more about these issues...if you or I have learned something about yourself then to me thats good...cheers for the challenge Smiley

(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: