Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Can A Man and Woman Be Just Friends?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can A Man and Woman Be Just Friends?  (Read 21960 times)
journey
« on: March 14, 2005, 02:13:48 PM »

What do you think?
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:18:17 PM »

Of course they can.

They both have to be gay though.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 02:54:04 PM »

I think they can.

If they have no physical attraction to one another OR IF their moral standards are high enough.

Nothing to say
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 03:22:16 PM »

i have quite a few female friends...to be honest it would be hard to live without those friendships...
Smiley

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 03:47:35 PM »

I have to say no, most friends I have I like them or they like me at the end we just kiss or "hang out"  Wink, anyway I think at the end someone likes someone it doesnt have to screw up the "friendship".

No man can be my equal
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 04:24:41 PM »

does Axl have the potential to release Chinese Democray?  Roll Eyes

Of course. I have a lot of female friends thats I'm not attracted to.

When i say lots i dont mean "all"  Tongue

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:26:29 PM »

No

one or the other will end up attracted to the other at some point

its not impossible but i think its very rare.

It doesnt have to develop into anything but either the girl will start likin the guy, or the guy will start likin the girl at some point.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 04:50:42 PM »

yes
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 05:37:12 PM »

It's a case by case thing.  Maybe if they are physically close (hugging, touching, not sexual), they can be friends because then "touching" isn't forbidden, and there's no tension. 
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 06:02:35 PM »

Can A Man and Woman Be Just Friends?
Yes? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 06:16:59 PM »

i wouldnt mind my woman being friends with my close friends but if it were some dude i knew nothing about i wouldnt be able to accept it

its not because i dont trust my woman its more that i know how 90 percent of guys are and very few straight men want to be "just friends" with an attractive lady

friendship is a foot in the door to further develop things.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 06:40:47 PM »

yes. if you can't look at a member of the opposite sex without having an alterior motive you really need to reasses your life.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 07:08:13 PM »

I think they can,
but on a very limited, casual level, not very close - because at some point some wires are bound to get crossed, some jealousy WILL erupt.

Because it's a natural process that even if you don't fancy your friend of opposite sex, once they find someone else, jealousy sets in, and the jealousy that this other person has stolen your friend will translate in your mind as the belief that you suddenly fancy your friend, even if you don't.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »

its not because i dont trust my woman its more that i know how 90 percent of guys are and very few straight men want to be "just friends" with an attractive lady

Pffft, does anyone here actually believe that D's woman is an "attractive lady"?  Roll Eyes

I think Captain Obvious was right about the gay thing... I think it would be extremely rare to find two friends of the opposite sex who have never been attracted to each other.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 07:33:49 PM »

ultimately and inevitably, something of a sexual nature will happen...it is just human nature...so I'd say Yes...before and after Wink

borntolose
Opening Act

panties 'round your knees

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 07:57:06 PM »

YES. All throughout high school I only had male friends (and I am a girl). and I have been going out with the same guy for 4 years so that means that I was only with one guy all through high school. I had many close guy friends and I never was attracted to any of them. I would even spend the night at their houses and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 07:59:50 PM by borntolose » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 08:54:26 PM »

YES. All throughout high school I only had male friends (and I am a girl). and I have been going out with the same guy for 4 years so that means that I was only with one guy all through high school. I had many close guy friends and I never was attracted to any of them. I would even spend the night at their houses and stuff.

I think girls can't be girls friends cause they hate each other I don't know any woman that trust another woman.

No man can be my equal
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

I think girls can't be girls friends cause they hate each other I don't know any woman that trust another woman.

Lesbians

ttfan50
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 12:27:22 AM »

YES!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 08:57:16 AM »

Lesbians

My mistake I forget about them  hihi

No man can be my equal
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 11:40:47 AM »

Lesbians

My mistake I forget about them? hihi

No problem.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »

if you're not attracted to the girl i can you can easily be friend with her.

and then, my girlfriend is my best friend too. (i mean one of them)

and my best girlfriend is pretty much like a best buddy, my g/f wasnt pleased with that at first, she was like "she is too cute to be JUST your friend", but i wasnt attracted to her, never, so now it's accepted ....

but i guess, even with a real hot girl, you sometimes HAVE to be JUST friends because of numerous limitations (you have a g/f, she has a b/f, she is 5, you're 46 ....)

Huh

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 12:25:38 PM »

I think they can.

If they have no physical attraction to one another OR IF their moral standards are high enough.

I have to agree there

EEEERRRR Little boy
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 12:40:35 PM »

yeh

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »

she is 5, you're 46 ....)
Huh? This was a joke I hope

smoking Izzy? smoking

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »

Of course they can.

They both have to be gay though.

Not both, just him  Grin Grin Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2005, 03:01:52 AM »

Pffft, does anyone here actually believe that D's woman is an "attractive lady"?? Roll Eyes

Dude i really dont think your mom would like to hear that u find her unattractive

now go to your room, do your homework, clean up your room, keep that music down and stepdaddy D here will prepare u a nice hot bowl of dick for breakfast! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2005, 08:43:06 AM »

I think the answer is yes, especially if the dude is married with children...if the dude or dudette is either married with kids or living with someone, or they may be separated from the mother of the kid, either way there's is still baggage attached to him and\or her...there's no other choice but to be friends...why would one voluntarily want to get involved with a guy (or girl) if he or she already has baggage...especially if the guy has a kid...cause that always means there's a "baby's mom" on the scene...relationships are weird enough without baggage...just my two cents Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2005, 04:25:27 PM »

if i were married, maybe

with my situation id find it impossible

where i live over 200 miles away, the thought of some guy "friend" seeing her more than i do wouldnt sit well with me and would ultimately drive me crazy leading to our demise. Now if we lived together and the dude knew me and knew the consequences of tryin to manipulate or go any further than friends, i could maybe deal with it. but in my current situation id have to say it would be a big hell no

not all guys are wolves in sheeps clothing but almost every guy ive ever known uses the buddy technique to get in a girl's good graces and a lot of guys are very very good at it.

id feel threatened if my woman felt the need to have a bunch of other guys around, it would make me feel inadequate

im sure its a case by case basis but for me the answer is definitely no.

of course if it were some next door neighbor they grew up with their whole life thats understandable but if they met someone at work or somewhere and started talkin, exchanged phone numbers, that isnt cool to me however if they have a friend at work and a bunch of them conversate at break but thats as far as it goes, i can deal with that.

yeah the girl may tell the guy she has a boyfriend but trust me, guys dont give a shit, there is no loyalty amongst guys, if they are attracted to a girl, they will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

you show me a guy who only wants to be friends with an attractive lady, and ill show u a guy who is full of shit or gay ok
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 04:27:22 PM by D » Logged

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2005, 04:31:40 PM »

you show me a guy who only wants to be friends with an attractive lady, and ill show u a guy who is full of shit or gay ok
I must be full of shit then cos I definetley ain't the latter? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 05:11:35 PM »

No

one or the other will end up attracted to the other at some point

its not impossible but i think its very rare.

It doesnt have to develop into anything but either the girl will start likin the guy, or the guy will start likin the girl at some point.

I kind of agree with your point, D. But if a relationship does develop into more than friends, which isn't easy in stopping sometimes, it will most likely ruin a friendship. Is it worth it?.....Absolutely NOT. 

The friends involved have to have their hearts and minds in the right place.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 05:25:58 PM »

i mean its not impossible but i know how most guys are, not all guys, but most guys and i wouldnt want one of them around my woman cause id have a hard time believin they wanted to be only friends.

like i said, if its one of my friends and they develop a friendship, thats totally cool, i dont mind my girlfriend talkin to my friends at all

but if its some stranger that i have never met or dont know id be very very suspicious and with good reason i believe.

plus guys are so manipulative and such dogs for the most part

they will be your friend, they will respect that u have a BF, but u let the first crack in that armor show and i guarantee they will pounce and steer the girls misery over problems in her relationship to their advantage.

a lot of girls dont wanna believe that shit and a lot of you guys wont disclose the dark secrets within but its true ladies

if a guy is just your friend 95 percent of the time he is thinking of ways to further that relationship

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

Well, think about two (heterosexual) men. ?A woman can come between those two men, obviously because of sex. ?Sex gets in the way of life and relationships one way or another, directly or indirectly. ?If you are attracted to someone, you can't be "just friends" with them no matter what your or their gender/sexual preference. ?But just because you are not attracted to someone, doesn't mean that you can be friends with them. ?Sometimes someone outside your friendship will come between your friendship. ?Women always do that, come between two men's friendship.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »

There's no way I could sit here and say I've never had "motives" for something more than friendship with a girl. Sometimes I lose my morals and ethics from time to time. I think both men and women are guilty of this. It doesn't make it right. And we learn from our transgressions. I think it's a part of life and growing up. And I've found out the hard ways, it's not woth ruining a friendship.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 05:47:49 PM »

Girls always tell me that they want to be "friends".? It sucks ass, primarily because it's always a candycoated way of saying "you're unattractive".
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2005, 05:55:05 PM »

Girls always tell me that they want to be "friends".? It sucks ass, primarily because it's always a candycoated way of saying "you're unattractive".
It probably means they're not interested in your friendship either.  Maybe it's best to be a little attracted to all your friends, but never wanting to take it to a sexual level.  Then there will be no tension if you know that you think each other is hot.  Otherwise, it's one-sided or not at all (which can lead to things) and that can cause problems.  You don't want to have a "that's gay" attitude if one of your same-sex friends touches you (in a non-sexual way), 'cause that is sexual tension whether you're attracted to them or not.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2005, 06:34:16 PM »

i would love to write a book on this

id love to conduct experiments

let a guy and a girl of different backgrounds, looks etc hang out and review the results

for instance let two attractive people hang around one another for a month straight everday see what happens

let two unattractive people hang around

let one attractive female, one unattractive guy hang out

let one unattractive female and one attractive guy

i can tell u already what will happen

the two attractive people more than likely hook up at least sexually and maybe something more depending on their personalities and how they get along

the two unattractive people will also more than likely hook up depending on their personalities.

the unattractive male will grow feelings for the attractive female but she will only wanna be friends

the unattractive girl will more than likely grown a crush on the attractive male, he wont like her in a GF way but would still more than likely let her give him head

ive been around this stuff all my life and ive always been a very observant person, i am fascinated by people and their relationships and the above scenarios ive seen happen a million times.

sure there are exceptions but i think the majority of situations would transpire close to my model above.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2005, 06:38:18 PM »

It would be hard to judge whether or not the people are attractive it's an opinion, someone you think is ugly another guy could find attractive.

smoking Izzy? smoking

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2005, 06:43:16 PM »

dude work with me here hihi

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »

Sorry? hihi? ? Good look with the book? Grin

smoking Izzy? smoking

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2005, 06:55:51 PM »

im not really writing a book but it would be cool to conduct experiments of this nature and write a book based on the results

ill store that idea away in case the music career doesnt work out ok

i just think its human nature

i even asked my mom what she thought

and she couldnt recall a single time in her 48 years of life that either a guy didnt end up making a pass at her or the ones that didnt make a pass at her she wished they had.

i believe its human nature

take two heterosexual or two homosexual people that get along

let them spend enough time around each other and one or the other if not both will fall

gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2005, 01:35:45 AM »

i think its possible for a chick to be just friends with a guy, normally its a guy they dont find attractive but like the personality of. but for guys i think its different. if your a guy and who have girls who are truly "just friends"  if u dont wanna get with em, you dont think about nailing em, or someone they know, your prob gay.

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2005, 02:53:38 AM »

so thats a no cause the guy would be thinkin of nailin them

Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 05:55:38 PM »

yeah the girl may tell the guy she has a boyfriend but trust me, guys dont give a shit, there is no loyalty amongst guys, if they are attracted to a girl, they will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

You got that right D.

Right now I'm at the point where I'm thinking about becoming a lesbian just because I'm sick of guys' shit, period (not really, just a thought lol). I just experienced a "friendship" with a guy, and let's just say it didn't work out after he got what he wanted. I thought he was my friend, but then he only called when he wanted to have sex, and then all of a sudden, he doesn't talk to me at all. I thought he was my friend at first, but then I realized that I really did like him, and when I told him, he got all these ideas in his head and decided to go for it (he lied to me about having a gf etc). He gives men a bad name. I wonder if there are any men out there who actually have any respect for girls whatsoever, and if I'll ever happen to meet one of the few.

So no I don't think guys and girls can be just friends, unless one of them is gay. It's rare anyway.  Undecided

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2005, 06:02:10 PM »

You got that right D.

Right now I'm at the point where I'm thinking about becoming a lesbian just because I'm sick of guys' shit, period (not really, just a thought lol). I just experienced a "friendship" with a guy, and let's just say it didn't work out after he got what he wanted. I thought he was my friend, but then he only called when he wanted to have sex, and then all of a sudden, he doesn't talk to me at all. I thought he was my friend at first, but then I realized that I really did like him, and when I told him, he got all these ideas in his head and decided to go for it (he lied to me about having a gf etc). He gives men a bad name. I wonder if there are any men out there who actually have any respect for girls
whatsoever, and if I'll ever happen to meet one of the few.

So no I don't think guys and girls can be just friends, unless one of them is gay. It's rare anyway. Undecided

Hey, don't give up. There are alot of females out there that wouldn't make good friends aswell, they just don't pretend to be friends because they ain't tryin' to get anything from ya. In the same way that you're only friends with girls that share your intrests or that are friendly you should try to find guys that are genuinley nice people? ok, we're not all shitheads  hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2005, 08:43:58 PM »

Yes, men and women can be just friends.  I can't promise you that the man won't occasionally think of nailing the chick...but yes, men and women can be friends.  When women say that all men are pigs, I reply we all THINK like pigs...the men who act on it really ARE pigs.  How's that sound??? 

Now, when you're married, you've got to be good about this stuff.  All communications outside of work with men or women of the opposite sex should be done with your spouse aware of everything.  Mutual respect.  Make sense?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2005, 01:18:52 AM »

Yes, men and women can just be friends. They can have feelings for each other and still be just friends as long as they don't act on their feelings. That being said, I do think there is a high probability of at least one person in the friendship developing feelings for the other. It's not just due to physical attraction, but it's also because you become so comfortable with that person that they become appealing as a potential bf or gf.
Syren
Opening Act

Not odd - just different.

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2005, 09:02:28 AM »

Yes. If you can't look at a member of the opposite sex without having an alterior motive you really need to reasses your life.
Ka-zing...! Teh only correct answer, mah friend.

I'm a female, and most my friends are male. I just get along much better with guys.  yes

I'll get a signature eventually.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2005, 06:50:04 PM »

I have a lot of close female friends who are just that-- friends.  So it's entirely possible.  Does the thought of sex ever cross my mind with them?  In weaker moments, yes.  But nothing physical has happened, which is all that really counts to me.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2005, 09:33:55 PM »

They can but....

Never let them together in the same room over 10 minutes  Grin

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: