Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:38:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Alcoholism
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alcoholism  (Read 11515 times)
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« on: March 17, 2005, 02:46:35 PM »

It runs in my family, I have had love ones die from it and seen relationships ruined by it.  I sometimes drink too much for a bit then mellow out for a long time.  I was raised with alcohol since in my teens, all of my friends drink heavily at least once a week.  I was just wondering what your own experiences are.  I have had times that I thought I was an alcoholic, but I really was using it to cover up pain and wasn't addicted.  Now I just use it in moderation.  Fitting St. Patricks day topic........ beer

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
borntolose
Opening Act

panties 'round your knees

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 03:05:16 PM »

I havn't gotten really drunk since I was 15 or 16... haha..
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 03:07:34 PM »

From a really young age I was permitted alcohol.
My dad allowed me beer when I was 9, and I got a bit funny on wine once, probably aged 8.

Although it's always been available to me, I've never liked alcohol, and right now I never drink, nor do I want to.
Just not interested I guess.

Then again there are no alcoholics in my family, not a single one.

I think there's something like an alcohol gene, and a drug gene that makes it run in the family.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 03:10:24 PM »

Happy St. Patricks day ?ok

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
ttfan50
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:05:08 PM »

I've seen it become a huge problem for people who are addicted.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

i saw a few family friends die earlier on in life from drink and from then on i've never in my life gotten really properly drunk. a few drinks is more than enough to help me enjoy myself. is suppose i've got my problems with smoking dope, but i've always been able to stop for long periods when i've felt myself get in too deep. just hope it never gets past that stage.

the nature of any addiction is a horrible thing.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 08:47:23 PM »

I bet I can outdrink most of you, if not all, I?m not proud to say it because alcoholism is a real threat and it can really catch you.....I just have so much fun drinking. beer

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 09:36:40 PM »

I dont merely come from a family of drunks but i come from a family of psychotic,violent drunks.

my dad told me stories of his grandpa chopping a guy up with an axe while he was drunk for cheating him in cards, also told me of his grandpa shooting it out in the streets with other guys while he watched

my uncle is a violent drunk and had to have 3/4ths of his stomach taken out due to drinking and he still puts away a case of beer with no problems even though with 1/4 of a stomach he gets drunk after 3.

my dad was a violent drunk, pulling guns on my mom, beating her up, keeping us up scared all hours of the night

i remember several times being a young child and walkin in a room where my dad was drinking and he'd be sittin at his stereo listening to country music drunk with his 357 magnum to his head.

the other side *my moms side of the family are pot and pill heads

ive never been drunk because i refuse to grow up and be like my dad.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 09:53:10 PM »

I dont merely come from a family of drunks but i come from a family of psychotic,violent drunks.

my dad told me stories of his grandpa chopping a guy up with an axe while he was drunk for cheating him in cards, also told me of his grandpa shooting it out in the streets with other guys while he watched

my uncle is a violent drunk and had to have 3/4ths of his stomach taken out due to drinking and he still puts away a case of beer with no problems even though with 1/4 of a stomach he gets drunk after 3.

my dad was a violent drunk, pulling guns on my mom, beating her up, keeping us up scared all hours of the night

i remember several times being a young child and walkin in a room where my dad was drinking and he'd be sittin at his stereo listening to country music drunk with his 357 magnum to his head.

damn...i dont know what to say. that really sucks.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 10:14:26 PM »

i dont know anyone thats been killed from booze but i do know there were a few nights of heavy drinking that i though i might die from. one in particular where i was gonna call 911 cuz i was sure i had gone to far and that i was gonna die

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 11:51:20 PM »

damn...i dont know what to say. that really sucks.

dude i could tell u some stories.

my dad got drunk and drove by my house, by this time he and my mom had been divorced for about 5 years, she had a bf and he is a jealous maniac, so he always said he'd kill a dude if he dated my mom

one night while he was drunk, he drove by my house, stopped outside my mom's bedroom window and shot 2 shots through her bedroom wall, each bullet missed her head by like 2 to 3 inches. if the first shot had woke her up and she set up, the 2nd wouldve drilled her.

my uncle use to chase my mamaw around the house with an ax and then try to come break in our house.

there were some very scary moments i experienced as a child and id say its why i dont drink.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 05:41:39 AM »

i really dont like alcohol. not about what  it does to you or anything.

just don't like the taste.

so if i drink i'll put 95% juice and 5% drink.

and usualy when i go out, i'll get a fruitjuice or a coke or something. i dont need alcoholo to be crazy, and i rather "feel" that i'm having fun ...

my g/f loves to drink (american sorority girls i guess it helps), well, it' s kinda fun when she's drunk .... (anal, facial ...) (my god ! what am i talking about ! ) lol.

but when i eat, restaurant and all > WINE is a rule.
but here in france we don't consider wine as alcohol .....
a good "alsace" white wine (gewurstraminer) or a great "red" ... always good. (i dont like hot wine tho)

(man, D's story is something ... but it's cool to see that even with a childhood like that, you can grow up a smart ass like D lol Smiley

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 06:07:52 AM »

I have a theory that if you're introduced to alchohol (beer, red whine, whiskey)at a young age, just sips, around every two months till you're around 8 years old, you'll end up hatin' the stuff. I do? Wink

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Gunnerguy
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 07:04:37 AM »

I think there's something like an alcohol gene, and a drug gene that makes it run in the family.

well if there is I'm well screwed

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you?ve got it made.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 09:05:07 AM »

I'm drunk and proud of it  beer

No man can be my equal
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 11:05:11 AM »

My mother was an alcoholic for over 10 years. There is nothing to be proud of when one is pissed out of their own heads.

Do you know what parents are capable of when drunk ? I do.

Nothing to say
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 02:05:23 PM »

I'm so fuckin' hungover.
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 02:22:27 PM »

Do you know what parents are capable of when drunk ? I do.

I do too.

my dad drinks ALOT everyday for the past 7 years after work he goes to the bar and stays there all night and doesnt come home till 1 or 2 in the morning sometimes later...for about 3 of the 7 years he beat me..ruined my life...now im an angry bitter person and according to everyone its my own fault. Grin anywho..i dont really drink that often because i do not want to be like him..i'll drink maybe 4 times a year if that..but its my 19th birthday soon..so i gotta go to the bar.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 04:22:05 PM »

Jessica, axlrocksmyworld, i relate, i know exactly what u are talkin about

it was horrific,scarring and life altering but ive tried to take positives out of my experiences as a child and its helped shape me into who i am today, so i didnt let it ruin my life ok

SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 01:53:12 AM »

It can sure turn people into assholes...I see it everyday....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: