Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  are u like your parents?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: are u like your parents?  (Read 14114 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: March 17, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

some say as u grow older u start turning into your parents.

does anyone here share the same personality traits or resemble their parents?

which one do u resemble and are u happy with that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 05:40:54 AM »

No, my dads a cunt.
My mum is a million times the better person i am.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 05:44:55 AM »

I have to say only in very small ways...like when I have a good yell at one of my kids...asking them questions like "do I look stupid to you" stuff like that...both my parents are pretty quite , soft spoken people..I on the other hand have always been very outspoken,and approachable Wink

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 08:25:57 AM »

No I'm not. They're from the stone age. Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 09:11:31 AM »

Nop Im not, the good thing about it is that I learn from their mistakes, the bad thing is that Im gonna make others mistakes so at the end it doesn't matter at all  no

No man can be my equal
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 10:17:45 AM »

I am very much like my father as i grow older on some personality aspects, a little like my mother and the person i ressemble the most i guess is my maternal grandmother.

I don't have to be happy or unhappy to be like family members, because unless i hadn't been brought up in a same family, it was almost certain i'd ressemble someone on either side.

Fact of life, i get on with it.

Nothing to say
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:55:28 AM »

My father is a great man, and I am like him in some ways personality wise, but I've got nothing on his greatness.  If I can ever live up to the standard he has set, I will be eternally satisified.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 11:03:45 AM »

My father is a great man, and I am like him in some ways personality wise, but I've got nothing on his greatness.? If I can ever live up to the standard he has set, I will be eternally satisified.

You probably have, we all do. My opinion and it's just that, is that you shouldn't even try to live by his standards, because you could fail and if you did, you'd become a shadow of him, and you'd never know who YOU are.

Nothing to say
borntolose
Opening Act

panties 'round your knees

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »

My personality seems to be kind of like a mix of both of my parents personalities. Except I am into things that they were never into, and I have a lot of different beliefs. So I don't know, in some ways I am like them.. but in a lot of ways I'm not. I don't really look like either of my parents.. but I do look a lot like one of my aunts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

i have my dad's jealousy and rage which sucks but my moms great kind heart to balance it out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 04:27:28 PM »

You probably have, we all do. My opinion and it's just that, is that you shouldn't even try to live by his standards, because you could fail and if you did, you'd become a shadow of him, and you'd never know who YOU are.

Yeah.. you're right.. but it's hard to escape something that's been ingrained in your head since you were born.  Of course, right now, I probably have a little too much of me in me, so I don't know if it's such a bad thing that I at least attempt to be a bit more saintly, like him.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

Yeah.. you're right.. but it's hard to escape something that's been ingrained in your head since you were born.  Of course, right now, I probably have a little too much of me in me, so I don't know if it's such a bad thing that I at least attempt to be a bit more saintly, like him.   ok

Look, my grandmother was saintly on many aspects. My mother tried all her life ( she is nearly 60) to match her own and when she'd fail, she went into alcohol, drugs, she was already a rock groupie at 15 and probably overdrinking and over you name it before 20.

She never matched my nan. Who was also a shithead at times, very stubborn, strong minded, strong willed but who had a heart of gold and who clothed and fed poor kids from houses around hers.

My mother never found herself, always pretended to be, always pretended to act. She even had to fuck a boyfriend of mine to feel like she had  an existence of her own, and this, probably because i am liker her mother, physically AND mentally.

If you encounter someone you judge " saintly", do not try to match. For your sake, for your close one's sake too.

If you fuck up, so what ? The more you try to do good if that isn't in your blood, the worst you'll go because your psyche will make you do crazy shit or make you destroy what's good in your life. It's a natural reaction. as to what you do that goes against who you truly are.

So please, think about it. There is nothing worse than living with truly good people around because one can feel miserable and not worthy, but find these jewelswithin yourself. We all have some.

My mother was an amazing painter and songwriter. She fucked it all up. Everything. Because she wanted to be like momma.

Nothing to say
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 10:29:36 PM »

i look like my dad, like the same things he does, resemble him in personality, sound like him, and like the same music he does. ys id say so.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 06:13:30 PM »

No.

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 04:29:08 PM »

I am like my dad in some way I have his looks and his humor and remaining calm stuff like but my mum different story

EEEERRRR Little boy
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 05:16:07 PM »

I'd like to think I have most of their qualities and not many of their flaws. The both rule, though!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 12:35:14 AM »

No, I am pretty much nothing like my parents and that is a good thing. I wouldn't want to be like them, at all. The only personality trait I share with my mom is my low self-esteem, which obviously is not a good trait to share.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 12:42:19 AM »

Nope.

Recessive genes through and through

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 02:49:21 AM »

i dont know, i dont think so. i really hope i dont turn out like them, im sure they mean well but they really are not the kinda person id like to be when im older.

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 05:57:59 PM »

I see the same traits of my parents in myself more and more every day. I use to depsie it but I see it's not so bad anymore. In fact, it's a good thing to me. Cause obvisously, their doing most things right.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: