Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tuesday's Gone (This might be posted in the wrong area ???)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuesday's Gone (This might be posted in the wrong area ???)  (Read 8663 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« on: March 22, 2005, 12:02:31 PM »

Hey I just heard Tuesday's Gone by Metallica, they seem to parody You Ain't The First at the start when they go 123,123 at the start. Does anyone one else think this or do ya just think it's a coincidence? Huh Huh Huh Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

NB:Maybey this should be in Bad Obsession, but since my question is mainly about YATF I posted it here, move if neccesary

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:34:06 PM »

never heard this song. What album?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 01:52:59 PM »

It's a Lynyrd Skynryd song that they covered, I'm not sure what album it's on, it was on the radio? Obviously you'd think since it's a LS song they wouldn't mock Gn'R, but it just sounds so much like YATF (the 123,123 intro that is, not the song Grin)

smoking Izzy? smoking

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 01:57:43 PM »

Okay I checked on Amazon.com, it's from the album Garage, Inc ( an all cover album, similar to TSI, except longer, and ,eh, Metallica, obviously)

smoking Izzy? smoking

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »

That's because it's in 6/8 time?
A lot of bands say 1-2-3-4 before songs too, every single one of them must be copying The Ramones
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:12:54 PM »

It's in 3/8 actually and I think YATF is 4/4

A lot of bands say 1-2-3-4 before songs too, every single one of them must be copying The Ramones
I know, they are coping the Ramones? Tongue
It's also the way they say it though, they could be just tryin' to sound like Lynyrd Skynyrd I suppose

smoking Izzy? smoking

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 06:23:09 PM »

Yeah right!!!!!  Newsflash everyone.  GNR ain't the center of everyone's life.  You ain't the first wasn't the 1st song that started with the famous 123 and won't be the last.  Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz!!!!!!!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 06:31:53 PM »

Man, people need to stay off Metallica's cock. Tired of seeing these dumbass attempts to get people to flame Metallica. Some of you GNR fans sound way too jealous of them and their fans. I like them both...you got a problem with that? You give us old school fans a bad rap, and GNR doesnt need your help in getting negative pr. 

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 06:45:34 PM »

GNR ain't the center of everyone's life.
They are the center of Metallica's life  Grin

Have you actually heard the song cos I was talkin' 'bout the way they said it, he uses a different voice singin' the song anyway they were probably just tryin' to sound "country"

Man, people need to stay off Metallica's cock. Tired of seeing these dumbass attempts to get people to flame Metallica. Some of you GNR fans sound way too jealous of them and their fans. I like them both...you got a problem with that? You give us old school fans a bad rap, and GNR doesnt need your help in getting negative pr.
When did I say anything even remotley negative about Metallica, I said I thought they might have been tryin' to parody Gn'R, parodies are funny and usually the artist being parodied doesn't mind so how the fuck was I? tryin' to "flame" Metallica, I just found the concept interestin'. I'm not a huge fan, like you seem to be, but I certainly have nothing against them and I enjoy alot of their music?

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 06:56:53 PM »

man when will metallica leave poor axl and gnr alone?!  Huh

rofl

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 12:17:23 PM »

GNR ain't the center of everyone's life.
They are the center of Metallica's life  Grin

Have you actually heard the song cos I was talkin' 'bout the way they said it, he uses a different voice singin' the song anyway they were probably just tryin' to sound "country"

When did I say anything even remotley negative about Metallica, I said I thought they might have been tryin' to parody Gn'R, parodies are funny and usually the artist being parodied doesn't mind so how the fuck was I  tryin' to "flame" Metallica, I just found the concept interestin'. I'm not a huge fan, like you seem to be, but I certainly have nothing against them and I enjoy alot of their music 

smoking Izzy  smoking

Man, it aint just you. This is like the third or fourth thread that has appeared recently about Metallica writing a song about Axl. Its tired man.

Everyone needs to remember there history. Metallica gave GNR a place to live for awhile back in the day, and gave them a toaster and shit to use.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 01:49:25 PM »

Yeah, you people need to get a hobby or something.  Why would Metallica give 2 shits about a has been group and all the rumors.  I would think that Metallica are too busy with their careers ( recording albums, touring, interviews, basically everything that Axl neglects) to be concerned about GNR. 

Franz Ferdinand say jungle in a song, I bet it must be about Axl.  Ozzy's song Crazy Train, I bet he wrote that about Axl even though we hadn't heard of Axl yet, Ozzy is a prophet.  Give me a break!!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 02:46:37 PM »

It's in 3/8 actually and I think YATF is 4/4

I think they're both 3/4.

But to say that they are counting beats because of You ain't the first.. umm.. no.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 05:46:39 PM »

off topic : check out the original, one of many Skynyrd classic songs.

on topic : no, Garry Rossington (original LS guitar player) plays on it, this is a tribute to Skynyrd, check out the liner notes.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: