Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:58:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  my life is in complete dissarray
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my life is in complete dissarray  (Read 9443 times)
mmmbop
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 21, 2005, 01:36:26 AM »

im not doing to well in my last year of high school. well im doing ok but i dont know if i'll get into college or not. ive picked subjects that wont help me get a job - maths, science, ancient history, business and english. will it matter if i go shit this year? like do employers care if u dont graduate from college until u are like 30? man im feeling really suicidal right now.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 02:24:50 AM »

Man don't let school get u so down. Not finishing school or not passing with a great mark isn't the end of the world. Teachers will tell u that too. If it's that bad take a night school course in something ur interested in that could also open up job oppertunities. Don't ever get down because of school.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 02:47:17 AM »

yeah im sure you have some good talent and can use it to be sucessful, not eveyone is gonna do great in every class, so dont get to worried about it

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
borntolose
Opening Act

panties 'round your knees

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 03:54:07 AM »

I didn't do too well in high school. I failed basic algebra twice. Now I'm in community college and I'm doing okay. I'm just doing my best to get my general education out of the way.. then I can start thinking about a major.

One thing you should know though is that college is much better than high school.. at least to me it is.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:04:03 AM »

oh come on, math is easy Wink
and you'll get PLENTY of jobs with math

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:35:09 AM »

One thing u must understand is life is hard, life is complicated and filled with disappointments and complications.

You cannot fall apart everytime life kicks u in the ass. If u feel suicidal over this u better start developing some strength and find something to believe in, cause trust me, life gets harder, more complicated and frustrating

Life is all about learning how to deal with disappointments and picking yourself back up as quick as possible.

Life is what u make it, if u arent doing good in school, maybe school isnt your thing
you can still find a great career though, school isnt for everyone.

i was never a school kind of guy simply cause that structure just didnt stimulate me.

U are a young guy, trust me, u will find your way in life if u just be strong,patient and persevere through these confusing/rough times.

Killing yourself is selfish, u will destroy your loved ones and their lives will never be the same.

u will look back in 10 years and laugh at this, this is such an insignificant part of your life right now and u will realize that in the future

Life will not always be how it is now.

everyone remember that if u feel suicidal

Things can change, things can improve, u will not feel this bad for the rest of your life, it gets better if u let it.

stay strong, hold on, keep your head up, try to be positive, life has a way of workin itself out.
trust me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:04:59 AM »

Mine, too

I got in a verbal-fight with my boss at my last job and told him I quit and was unemployed three days and now I'm working at cutomer service.

The pay sucks and I work just to pay my bills and loans, and I totalled my car and need to get a new loan, plus the insurance fees, not to talk about the fact I had my gf with me, and she's 17, thank god she's all right.

So tomorrow I need to go and sign my new loan, I just hope everything goes well with my gf's parents and that I can live with this shitty pay

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 10:36:05 AM »

you could always be this guy.... see its not soo bad...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 05:58:59 PM by leesixxrose » Logged
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 01:09:24 PM »

Been waiting to squeeze that picture into a converation for a while?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 02:32:29 PM »

Ditch school at sixteen, get a tatoo, form a band, get wasted, that's what you should have done ok
Don't commit suicide? no

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
RichardNixon
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 02:52:05 PM »

Hey:

DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!!!!

If your feeling that bad, please talk to someone--a friend, family, or a therapist.

You never now how people are going to turn out when you see them in High School. Some of the jocks and A students go on to drink their way out of college, or have kids and never finish school. Other people (myself included) do bad in high school, but go on to do very well in college.

Here's an idea for next year if your not ready to go to college full time. Take a year off and maybe take a few classes to get your feet wet--and then go full-time.

College is a lot of hard work--but the teachers don't want you to fail. And if it takes five years to finish, so what?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 03:58:21 PM »

Ditch school at sixteen, get a tatoo, form a band, get wasted, that's what you should have done ok
Don't commit suicide  no

smoking Izzy  smoking

mmmbop could always form a Hanson tribute band...which would fit into the complete opposite of the above statement...do you need a skateboard with a sharp edge? Grin

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 04:48:53 PM »

well im doing ok but i dont know if i'll get into college or not. ive picked subjects that wont help me get a job - maths, science, ancient history, business and english.

those subjects will get you into ANY college.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 06:26:46 PM »

Wait a second are you that guy that was dissin' Double Talkin' Jive? Huh Are are ya just another Hanson fan, if you're a different person then Hanson will be happy cos they now have more than one fan, a fan club is in store Undecided

smoking Izzy? smoking

EDIT: Never mind ma post,? I was confusin' you with gunsnfnroses, sorry.? ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19410.0
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 06:29:06 PM by *Izzy* » Logged

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »

I'm a teacher - don't give up man.... hit the books, do night school and employers don't care when you completed your degree - hang in buddy  ok

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 10:02:57 PM »

school is extremly important... im sorry to say... many people succeed in life without school... but it is always nice to have to fall back on... social skills are just as important if not more than school but u also need to know what you are talking about... im sure things will get better for u... good luck!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
shelly60
Master of the ropes
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 02:06:15 PM »

Let me go find you two of my threads from the bar.
MrProxy
Rocker

Enjoy The Silence!

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 02:34:25 AM »

ive picked subjects that wont help me get a job - maths, science, ancient history, business and english.

why maths, science, acient history, business and english wont help you get a job?
math - logical thinking
science - knowledge about world around you
history - well this maybe is not so important for job but i realy like history and im thinking about second bachelor degree and that will be in history after i will get my masters degree (less than a year left and i still will be 23 when i will get degree )
business - didnt get the point how this wont help you
english - must have

---------------------------------
Max 200; characters remaining: 130
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 09:17:09 AM »

6 months after you leave school you'll realise that it wasn't really that important. try and do as well as you can, obviously, but its not the end of the world if you mess up. there are other ways to get to college or wherever it is you want to get to.

Just a little example. When i left school a few years back i had a chat with my head master and it went sort of along the same lines as what you're saying now. He told me that he left school with no qualifcations, went to work on a building site and then joined the merchant navy. 40 years later he was running a school and earning (he didnt tell me this, but i know what teachers earn) nearly ?70,000 per year. Obviously, he is a success story and he had to work damn hard to get to where he was, but it shows that it can be done.

Whilst succeeding in school is helpful, it's not the be all and end all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: