Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  AXL bashing at chicago Buckethead show was annoying
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL bashing at chicago Buckethead show was annoying  (Read 7149 times)
Annie
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:18:34 PM »

I went to the Chicago buckethead show on April fool's day and it was a very strange experience. I was totally shocked at  the number of people who had read my Bucketboard posts about getting injured last year and I started off having alot of fun. Then people started saying derogatory comments   about Axl that totally annoyed me. A few people told me that I was so blinded by love for Axl that I couldn't see straight, ( damn proud of that.) People did tell me that they agreed that Axl was the Beethoven of rock music  and they asked me to say, "AXL PLEASE RELEASE THE ALBUMN!"  The concert itself was very short and people were very upset about that, there were some technical diificulties, but I liked the show as Bucket gave me another toy.   I bought the secret recipe Dvd but i am still so obsessed with driving all around Chicagoland to see Phantom of the Opera that  I didn't have time to watch it , and i really needed money for a crystal phantom mask necklace so i sold it on Ebay. Buckethead helped  make another dream come true for me.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 01:17:58 PM »

uhhhh....what the hell is your point?  You went to see Phantom of the Opera with Buckethead and Axl was working at the concession stand?Huh
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 01:27:32 PM »

"was so blinded by love for Axl that I couldn't see straight, ( damn proud of that.) "

Look I like Axl too....but why are you proud of being irrational??? I mean you are born with a brain so use it. Im not saying to stop supporting the guy...but proud to be blind??? Is that what GNR fans are about??

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Annie
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 01:42:26 PM »

It was meant to be tongue in cheek! Tee-hee!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 01:47:35 PM »

ok sorry

though I have to say" the beethoven of rock"Huh

Just a tad far fetched methinks.

If I compared Axl to anyone Id say a modern straight Freddie Mercury....similar level of talent and charisma. Beethoven was a musical genius whereas Axl is musically quite talented with a lot of charisma. Big difference.

I could name 20 modern popular musicians off the top of my head who musically are more talented...but the thing that draws me to Axl is his persona and voice.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Annie
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »

Actually I think Chinese Democracy will prove that he is a genius! ok Peace
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 02:02:42 PM »

Even if the album is the best record in yrs it wont prove Axl is a genius..it will reinforce that he is very talented.

The reason why is that it is a collective effort between Axl and 7 other musicians, countless other highly respected musicians and producers, took 10 YEARS,  and took 13 million dollars to make.

Genius flows and isnt forced. A genius could have made a fantastic record with a 4 track a piano an acoustic guitar and an icecream container for percussion.

The beatles ENTIRE career of amazing complex and culrure changing music took place in LESS time than AXL has taken to make ONE album (with the help of the best money can buy)

I love the guy and view him as a one in a million...but musical genius....please.

Axl may end up in prestigious company but he is far from the sole creative force of GNR and this wait is the proof of that.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 03:30:33 PM »

THe thought of Buckethead fans bashing AXL is funny. If Bucket wasn`t in GNR most people would have never heard of him.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 06:35:01 PM »

"If Bucket wasn`t in GNR most people would have never heard of him. "

Ahhhem..........   the same could be said about the rest of axl "nu-gnr"

-------and time goes by-------
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 08:14:59 PM »

THe thought of Buckethead fans bashing AXL is funny. If Bucket wasn`t in GNR most people would have never heard of him.

dont be ignorant , alot of people found buckethead since GNr and most of them have stopped being his fan because he left GNr , but dont think for a MINUTE that buckethead didnt have a good strong fanbase who are hardcore fans. Most of his fanbase HATE gnr and axl and wish he never joined and hope he will never rejoin.

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 04:00:13 AM »

what?!
Bucket left GnR?!
that's impossible. Brain is still in the band!
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 06:41:39 PM »

what?!
Bucket left GnR?!
that's impossible. Brain is still in the band!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »

"was so blinded by love for Axl that I couldn't see straight, ( damn proud of that.) "

Look I like Axl too....but why are you proud of being irrational??? I mean you are born with a brain so use it. Im not saying to stop supporting the guy...but proud to be blind??? Is that what GNR fans are about??

whoa, calm down there buddy! u come off as some irrate frustrated person( esp "u were born w/ a brain, use it" part)!  she has every right to say what she wants w/out being bashed...even if it was tongue in cheek.

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
axleu
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »

Ahhhem..........? ?the same could be said about the rest of axl "nu-gnr"

Robin played in a little unknown band called Nine inch nails, and Tommy Stinson was a member of another totally underground band, The replacements...

P.S.: I hate the Beatles... I know, you HAVE to love 'em if you don't want people to look at you in a strange way, but...I just hate them, sorry.... And, yeah, I consider Axl a musical genius... Opinions are like...well, you know the rest!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

Ahhhem..........? ?the same could be said about the rest of axl "nu-gnr"

Stinson & The Replacements, Brain & Primus, Finck & Nine Inch Nails. I don`t think Buckethead is as well known.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 06:55:53 PM »

I don`t think Buckethead is as well known.

Thats right , you dont think.  ok

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 05:17:53 PM »

If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport...

Utter bullshit....Buckethead's fanbase was huge before GNR was ever in the picture. If anything, him joining GNR has cost him more fans than it brought him any new. Quite a few of his longtime fans absolutely hated his participation in GNR. Your reasoning would apply if GNR in its current state would be a big band with much airtime on radio and TV.

But the truth is that nobody outside the fan community gives a rat's ass about GNR. Therefore those rare moments that Buck and Axl went onstage together, really didn?t do a lot for him in terms of getting new fans. Sure some gunners suddenly praised him like their new savior, but a huge part of these 'fans' dropped Buck just as fast as they ?fell in love? with him.

Stinson & The Replacements, Brain & Primus, Finck & Nine Inch Nails. I don`t think Buckethead is as well known.

Well tell me then, who has played guitar for Primus? Right, Buckethead!Funny thing that you associate Brain with Primus, but fail to do so for Buckethead? Seems to me your reasoning is a little assbackwards to say the least Sherlock....

-PEACE-

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: