Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:31:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson - US tour, Jan - Apr 2005 info & reviews [updated March 4]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson - US tour, Jan - Apr 2005 info & reviews [updated March 4]  (Read 43275 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2004, 07:33:19 AM »

isnt the date of this show almost 2 years to the day that Axl fucked the fans in Philly??

Tommy and Richard got some big ass balls to go back to that city and ask fans to pay to see them..

Sounds like it was a good time though.... Fortus is a cool mother fucker.. Stinson is also....

Post your pics... did you get a chance to talk to them or ask the just when "soon" is??? beer
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2004, 07:35:38 AM »

Thanks for the review. I changed the title and made the thread sticky so that everybody can post their reviews for the following shows (NYC, LA, etc....).

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2004, 07:38:20 AM »

? I got ton o pics and will get a link to them later today...I'm wading through the pics now...

cool, can't wait to see them, lucky you beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2004, 07:39:18 AM »

Thanks for the review.

Sounds like it was a nice show.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2004, 07:58:54 AM »

Cool review man! Sounds like you had a blast!

Can't wait for the pics! beer

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2004, 08:30:43 AM »

Does anyone know whether there are any press interviews scheduled around these gigs?

Here today...ready to rock
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2004, 10:57:01 AM »

http://www.bigsurmoon19102.com/brains/photornr2.html

I'm sending the rest to Jarmo...I was just clicking away, I love the way you can fit all those pictures on those little, tiny memory chips...technology...gotta love it.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2004, 11:08:42 AM »

cool review!...Im debating whther I should go tonight. I wish he was playing in NJ instead. Fortus will definately be there too. dam I have some tough descisions to make. Any1 from the area going?

quick question...when did the show start...how long was it and were most of the songs from VGH?

thanks

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2004, 11:09:57 AM »

And Wow, Cool pics!

I like how you process(maybe a wrong word) n edit them.

EDIT: Isn?t Mike going? Go! Go!younggunner
I hear Richard is also talkative.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 11:14:44 AM by ppbebe » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2004, 11:13:34 AM »

great pics!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2004, 12:04:59 PM »

I saw Stinson's show in Philly last night. real good show. sounded great. he joked around alot and had alot of energy.

But does anyone know if Stinson is fucked up on drugs?

cause i noticed two things:

1. alot of times he didn't make any sense at all when he was talking between songs. he seemed really high.
2. during the show a girl who was with the band was overheard asking a few people for drugs for her and stinson. she claimed to be "very close with tommy....".

(and no, i didn't hear him say anything gnr related, nor did i get a chance to talk to him about it.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2004, 12:10:18 PM »

My friend heard a report on the radio that he didn't make sense when he spoke.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2004, 12:57:29 PM »

I think its a little presumptuous to assume it was cocaine...sounds like he was probably drinking (he does do a lot of shots at these gigs, right?)..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2004, 01:03:15 PM »

I think its a little presumptuous to assume it was cocaine...sounds like he was probably drinking (he does do a lot of shots at these gigs, right?)..

i agree. early on i joked that the drugs from the 80s had a lasting effect, and that he was probably drunk off his ass.

but then i saw his girl pacing all over the place. calling people on her cell phone. asking people "for some blow". and commenting that she hates philly cause she doesn't know where "to get shit in this town". she seemed like she was going through withdraw.

she said she needed blow for her and tommy and that he "would pay anything for it." but the question remains....was this for him, or just his friends?

that's why i asked the question if anyone knows if he's a drug user. i pictured him being on the ball. an anchor that axl could depend on. but after last night, i walked away not feeling good about things.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2004, 02:03:27 PM »

i agree. early on i joked that the drugs from the 80s had a lasting effect, and that he was probably drunk off his ass.

but then i saw his girl pacing all over the place. calling people on her cell phone. asking people "for some blow". and commenting that she hates philly cause she doesn't know where "to get shit in this town". she seemed like she was going through withdraw.

she said she needed blow for her and tommy and that he "would pay anything for it." but the question remains....was this for him, or just his friends?

that's why i asked the question if anyone knows if he's a drug user. i pictured him being on the ball. an anchor that axl could depend on. but after last night, i walked away not feeling good about things.

Does it really matter? Rock Stars, Stockbrokers, even Sports Stars have been known to take cocaine and most of them can still perform....

I'm not advocating drug use, but I wouldn't worry too much....if he's able to release a good solo album, thats a good enough indicator of his capabilities (which is more than Axl to date, I'm still waiting to be proven hoplessly wrong)

I hope the gig was good, I'd like to see Tommy with a full band (although would prefer GNR, for obvious reasons)

Here today...ready to rock
sandman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »

Does it really matter? Rock Stars, Stockbrokers, even Sports Stars have been known to take cocaine and most of them can still perform....

I'm not advocating drug use, but I wouldn't worry too much....if he's able to release a good solo album, thats a good enough indicator of his capabilities (which is more than Axl to date, I'm still waiting to be proven hoplessly wrong)

I hope the gig was good, I'd like to see Tommy with a full band (although would prefer GNR, for obvious reasons)

you make a fair point. in fact, most of my all time fav albums were created by musicians under a heavy influence of drugs and/or alcohol. and i'm pretty sure that at my favorite concerts, the bands were NOT sober.

but to answer your question, i think it does matter to axl. i think he wants to know on a professional level that he can count on his band 100%. and based on past experience, he knows how drugs can affect things.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2004, 02:47:16 PM »

More pics courtesy of noonespecial:

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2004, 02:52:09 PM »

thanks for the review. thaks for the pics; Fortus really looks like Izzy more than ever.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2004, 03:00:08 PM »

Toronto Show
I know the subj heading is for Tommy Reviews in the States, but I think his only date in Canada was in Toronto, so here it is....

I went to the Horseshoe Tavern (a scuzzy, yet well-renounded/respected bar in Toronto) with my sister and friend. ?We definatly stuck out (we were dressed up, while the other attendants were a bit shlappy ?Cheesy)...
there were about 40 or so ppl only, and I doubt many were gnr fans...probably most were his fans or bar locals...To tell you the truth, I was not familair with his original punk band (perhaps bc it was underground here in Canada, and it was b4 my time??)
The opening act--Alien Crime Syndicate were really good (my sis even bought thier cd afterwards) and Tommy was good too. ?My friend esp. enjoyed the show. It had a mellow feeling--acustic stuff and what have you. ?He did joke inbetw songs, which was funny...haha
Overall we definatley enjoyed ourselves.
Then after the show, we went over and got the bands to sign our ticket stubs, and they gave us free posters/stickers. ?They were very nice. ?We took photos with them as well. ?The guys from ACS even asked us if we knew of a party to go to afterwards--I then said, "aren't you guys the ones who should be knowing where the party is? ?Or throwing one yourselves"...haha! ?It was quite hillarious. ?They were all very nice and appreciative. Tommy was a bit aloof or so....he took a photo with us and signed our stuff. ?We even talked about clothes (quite an amusing exchange of words if I say so myself!)...i didn't want to mention GNR bc he probably is sick of those comments...
It was a cool encounter, and the concert was good (Tommy is an entertainer, thats 4 sure), and I had a really good time with my sis and friend Smiley
So there ya go---sorta lamo review, but ah well..... yes

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2004, 01:24:15 AM »

Review and pics from the show earlier tonight in NYC.

http://www.silence-isnt-golden.com/MetaBB/viewtopic.php?t=263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: