Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:43:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Do any Europeans follow NFL Europe?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do any Europeans follow NFL Europe?  (Read 6232 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: April 16, 2005, 11:57:19 AM »

As you know the  NFL has a league in Europe which is like a minor leage system for the NFL here in the US. Usually when they televise games from Europe you never see that many people in the stands. I know Soccer (Football) is the main draw there. Do Europeans have any interest in American Football? Just wondering.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 01:51:06 PM »

Their football is much better than ours, so I doubt it.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 05:00:58 PM »

As you know the NFL has a league in Europe
I didn't know

Do Europeans have any interest in American Football? Just wondering.
I've never heard anyone talking about it

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
GNR-Chris
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 05:46:06 PM »

I used to follow it when Scotland had a team - but then they moved the team to Germany...

The problem was continuity, you would have a team one year and none of the players would come back for the next year. Also they were pretty crap players as well most of the time (except Kurt Warner).

The problem was that all the players are there for personal gain instead of being part of a team. How are you meant to support a team like that?

I still like it though, but it would be more popular if NFL Europe could be a division in the actual NFL...pigs will be flying before that though.

GNR-Chris

Friedemann
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »

I doubt it ---

I knew it existed but I don't know how it's actually working. I think they just picked some major cities they liked and placed the teams there - if it's just US players keeping themselves in shape between the seasons it doesn't matter how you call it. There wasn't really a Scottish team, or was there?

I don't even know if they show it on tv over here.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »

I don't even know if they show it on tv over here.

Precisely, i like NFL, its brutal, violent and also skillfull!
Unfortunately we get more coverage of the NFL and AFC on TV over here, i know the European NFL was covered maybe 2 years ago on TV but it never gets big exposure...why i dunno?

Friedemann
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »

yeah, they were hyping it for quite a while

guess they think that Germany's a bigger market or something, that's why they put half of NFLE over here

don't think that they're ever going to make it big though ---
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 10:12:52 AM »

Why should we watch that when we have Football and Rugby??

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »

Do you Americans watch the European Champions League of Soccer, or Soccer World Cup, or Soccer European Cup??? We don?t like American Footbal!!!

Just a question why do you call te winner "World Champion" wen it is a National Championship?
Friedemann
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »

because it's the only nation that bothers about it --- so the national champion equals the "World" champion
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 05:22:12 PM »

Do you Americans watch the European Champions League of Soccer, or Soccer World Cup, or Soccer European Cup??? We don?t like American Footbal!!!

Just a question why do you call te winner "World Champion" wen it is a National Championship?

Us Americans are not exposed to much of your football, so we have not been given the chance to get into the game.

I think eMe answered your question about the world champion thing pretty accurately. Who else in thw world can beat the New England Patriots ?

Maybe if it became a full contact sport along Pissweiser beer ads and show a nipple now and then, we`d be more into it.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 10:27:24 AM »

american football is nearly totally ignored in europe. fun to play; excruciating to watch.

and the reason soccer hasn't taken off in america is because it's too difficult to fit in enough ad's during the show. once major networks start screening european football games (MLS is shit) then soccer will become the biggest sport in america.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 10:55:34 PM »

Excruciating to watch? I guess if you are not a fan I can understand your point of view.  If the media doesn`t promote it, the masses won`t be into it.

It is all about marketing and TV coverage. . Who knew NASCAR could have become so popular here in the US. Ever since the networks picked up on it its been very popular. Watching rednecks drive 500 miles in a circle is not entertainment to me. Let them run around the track, then you can actually refer to them as athletes.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 03:55:52 AM »

I'm european and I like both. I prefer to Watch football (soccer for you americans) cause I'm just more ino it, but I do watch NFL games once a week. They are both so different, just gotta know how to appreciate them. I don't think soccer will ever be big in the States. It may have something to do too with the fact that 2fish point out about the difficulty to fit ads during the match, but the real reason lies in the game itself.

American's think soccer is boring because the score is so low. The don't like/understand the game without scoring. They will only become fans of the game if it'd guarantee at least as many goals as Ice Hockey. Since a lot of games end up being  0-0, they lose interest.  I tried watching a few Champion league games in America with a few friends a while back. We are talking about semifinals between Madrid and Manchester United in the year 2000 on ESPN2 I think. For the record, Madrid won that match in Old Trafford 2-3. That was one of the best matches I've ver seen. Well, even such a exciting game, didn't draw to much attention, so my friends ended up in the other room watching Nascar!!!!! In this case, it didn't matter how great was the soccer match, they just simply not into it.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »

Cause we think everything revolves around the USA....lol

I think many Americans find soccer boring. I don't, because I grew up playing it and love it. I don't think it's a matter of marketing as much as national interest....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 01:29:48 AM »

I think it has to do with the fact that the TOP AMERICAN FOOTBALL leagues are in america and by winning in the top league you are the world champions.  They do the same in baseball and basketball and hockey.

Hockey has the standley cup finals marking the Stanley Cup Champions
Basketball has the NBA finals crowning the NBA champion
Football has the SUPERBOWL, crowning the NFL Champion.

My problem is more or less with Baseball calling their finals "THE WORLD SERIES" how is it the world series when all but one team is in the United States.  Heck they wouldnt even let the Montrele Expos move to Puerto Rico or Mexico City to become a more diverse league instead they moved the team to Washington DC making the team only 40 miles away from the Baltimore team.  I think baseball has more problems crowning a World Champion then any other league.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 12:04:09 PM »

wtf is the NFL?Huh IM british and i aint hurd of it.my fav sport is cricket then rugby

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: