Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227781 Posts in 43247 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Observing the society
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Observing the society  (Read 9707 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 07:24:53 PM »

Thanks.

I love that song....I saw the video once...when I used to watch tv.. Grin
Dust N Rose
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2005, 06:06:34 PM »

Unfortunately TV is an integral thing in every house.
Recently, my aunt's TV had a breakdown. She asked my mother if she could lend our small TV until hers would be fixed.
"There is too much silence in my house", she replied. That's why she needed the TV.
This was an example from real life that should make us think about it.
The first thing everyone does when he returns from vacations is pressing the TV on button.

We are tied from a little box.

But TV is just a tool to submit people's mind and manipulate them. Trust companies use TV and every other stuff to promote their products. These subproducts rull our lives and we become like slaves. We are still flattered sometimes that we are independent, that we're having self-ruling.  If you stop buying new products, you will think that you're loosing the game, that you are defective. Therefore, chasing the products becomes a silly aim in our lives. I think that's why many rich people are bored. They have everything (material stuff) in their lives, they've done everything and they get bored. We feel pathetic while we have plenty. Till yesterday we thought that knowledge will give us freedom. It seems that the freedom key is hidden elsewere.

I believe that humanity suffers because we don't have aspirations. Everyone just wants to have a rewarding job and that's all. If you have a dream, you have a cause to become strong in your life.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2005, 11:34:24 PM »

Great post.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 12:31:48 AM »

I believe that humanity suffers because we don't have aspirations. Everyone just wants to have a rewarding job and that's all. If you have a dream, you have a cause to become strong in your life.

What about the people who have reached their dream ?

Having a rewarding Job isn't a bad thing ,there are many ways a job can be rewarding ,be it means you can provide for your family they way you want or that you can help people.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 01:12:50 AM »

I think he meant aspirations beyond what you are being sold. I.E. nice home, nice car, nice clothes, nice furniture, perfect job..etc etc etc.

In other words, not a superficial level.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 01:17:38 AM »

Yeah now that I think about that sound like what he was meaning.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »

there are people who watch shit and whatever is said they take it for fact

I dont do that, regardless of what i hear, i form my own opinions and think for myself, i entertain their points of view and decide for myself how much i believe or dont believe.

I am a guy who has never been motivated by money,or acceptance or whatever, I live a simple life and i am able to watch tv, internet,movies,music but yet still retreat inwards and think for myself.

I dont feel bad for society, its what it is.

I laugh sometimes at the makeup queens and the guys who dress like metrosexual abercrombie models because they feel that is what is considered cool.

I love goin to places and wearing navy blue workout pants and a plain black fruit of the loom Tshirt and walkin by all these clean cut well dressed preppy type people.

I feel sad for anyone who tries to fit in and tries to be accepted and liked. i have never changed, i have never conformed for anything or anyone. i had a job, they told me to cut my hair, i quit. fuck that!

I dont know how much tv plays a role because if they go to school and see how the kids act,dress etc, they will try to be that because its cool.

not many people have their own individuality anymore, to many conformist in today's society.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 05:19:16 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 02:15:50 PM »

I think he meant aspirations beyond what you are being sold. I.E. nice home, nice car, nice clothes, nice furniture, perfect job..etc etc etc.

In other words, not a superficial level.

You got me Wink Our ideals can be upper things, not the new Peugeot or Toyota Corolla. Of course I don't believe that having a car or wealth is a bad thing. I never thought amoral someone that wanted to be rich. I thought amoral someone that wanted to be rich without sweat.
Anyway Sorry for my bad english, I use an electronic dictionary each time I want to express a word or phrase that I don't know.

To the point:
D raised a good point.
Whether our thoughts, our judges, our decisions every day are "ours" and not formed from the society (even family). I think the team we belong(the language we speak, the god we trust, the way we were raised, the job we have) is fixing the way we're thinking. So the values we have are not "ours". Of course, our ego doesn't admit that.
Independent stance is a good myth. In most cases it's where we belong, and that's what shapes our thoughts and our believes. That's the conformism that D refered.
I'll give you an example from something impressive that I red recently.
During the 50s a psycologist (don't remember his name) made a clever experiment.
He gave to 6 people a paper that was asking to match the given line with the correct line (equal size) from other 3 lines above. The answer was obvious. But before that, the 5 people were gathered and the psycologist told them to make a false choice. The experiment happened somehow so the last person was able to hear the other's answers before he delivered the paper. Surprisingly the majority of the people from every experiment were giving each time the other's answer, the false one. When the psycologist was explaining the conspiracy thing, the persons were self-justifying. They were excusing that they weren't careful, that they didn't observe it too much. Noone admitted he was drifted from the other's choice.
When we belong in a mass of people, we can run wild and we don't admit it that it was the mass that made us to act like that.
That's human's nature. Human is a social person. He wants to communicate. He wants to share his moments of hapiness. When he's having fan he wants to be with other people around. That's why young people are behaving the same way. They want to be accepted and they're willing to sacrifice some of their habits in order to be accepted. That's same dressing, same tastes, same interests e.t.c. We all make our compromises in daily life to be accepted. If you don't look like other people, you're considered weird. That's human thing too. Even when we're kids we can act that way. You remember Forest Gump? None of the kids wanted him to sit next to them in the school bus. It's the subconsious fear that makes us reject people. The fear that this person might be dangerous.
We need to be brave and honest with ourselves in order to be individuals and not just another piece of the mass. "Delusion is timidity" Nietztche said. Cravenness to face the truth.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »

here are some more examples.

I remember when Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera or someone like that started wearing a pink trucker hat

all of a sudden all the teenage girls got one and started wearing them

that drives me crazy

also in the United States it is cool to be black, so u see all sorts of suburban white kids, sagging their pants, tryin to talk the lingo and act that way

its ridiculous.

people watch Micheal Moore's misleading movies and believe 100 percent of his propaganda and i think that is misleading

any person who has a personal agenda has to be taken with a grain of salt

but most people swallow 100 percent of it like its the absolute truth, sure some of it is factual but not all of it certainly is the truth.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 11:05:33 AM »

here are some more examples.

I remember when Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera or someone like that started wearing a pink trucker hat

all of a sudden all the teenage girls got one and started wearing them

that drives me crazy

also in the United States it is cool to be black, so u see all sorts of suburban white kids, sagging their pants, tryin to talk the lingo and act that way

its ridiculous.

One word, MTV influence.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: