Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  a Guns forum fan truism
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a Guns forum fan truism  (Read 9551 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« on: April 20, 2005, 01:04:12 PM »

To my mind there are 4 types of fans here.

numero uno.

The domestic abuse fan:.No matter how many beatings and dissapointments this fan goes through they are only capable of recalling the memeories of good times. This fan? has spent sooo much mental energy waiting and dreaming that they have actually neglected quite a bit of they're life and will voilently oppose any view from others that they? are wasting hope. This fan will endure torment for year upon year, believing that the basic nature and facts, will change one day and that one day everything will be perfect.

Numero 2 fan : The religious GNR fan.

This fan believes that Axl somehow holds the Key...they constantly quote Axl's past interviews or rants in there own daily lives or in conversation. They over interpret lyrics from old GNR to feel that Axl was fortelling the demise of the band. This fan will dissect every word during an interview for clues, and the hold Axl has over them goes way beyond music.....this fan is irretrievable.

Numero 3.? ? : The casual fan

This fan is the most complete. They rarely and only due to circumstance check this board, they have a job a partner and a full life....though they still love GNR's music, but are able to detach from the cult of personality, and rationally stopped ACTIVELY waiting yrs and yrs ago. The other types of fans here are a mild amusement, but nothing to be concerned about. This fan will hear tidbits ala IRS and get somewhat excited...but then the daily life is all consuming....but they would still love to hear the new album.

Numer 4. : the bitter fan.

This GNR fan has spent a lot of energy waiting , hoping and defending the band they love.? At some point they have become negative, either in life or theyre hope for the band they love.? ?Funnily enough, similar to the domestic abuse fan they continue to hang around...yet theyre basic personality is to still hold on and rather than give up just continually? be negative....the chances of this fan letting go are slim.

Im sure we can all pick who is who if u come here often enuff....Smiley

does anyone have  a 5th one?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 01:35:35 PM by discobiscuit1 » Logged

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
madagas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 01:08:29 PM »

and you would be #4!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 01:15:18 PM »

If 3 and 4 met and had a baby...thats what id be Smiley

Just a bit o fun Love....but there is a sprinkling of truth behind my obvservations methinks.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »

I check the board every day, multiple times a day, have a full time job, don't have a full time "partner" but I have plenty of friends and go out all the time, I do believe and hope Axl does have a key of some sort to making great music, converse about Gn'R pretty often......  category #5?  Or maybe your categories are just meant to insult people on the board.   Wink

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »

I never leave the board? Tongue

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

I check the board every day, multiple times a day, have a full time job, don't have a full time "partner" but I have plenty of friends and go out all the time, I do believe and hope Axl does have a key of some sort to making great music, converse about Gn'R pretty often......? category #5?? Or maybe your categories are just meant to insult people on the board.? ?Wink

I honestly dont mean to be nasty....and im sure u are a very good person

But tell 99% of the population that.....regarding a band that hasnt released an album for 10 yrs and the reaction would be Huh....a healthy interest???

these are just ?my observations...i feel that its kinda accurate in a generic way though. My aplologies to those that take offence......whoops Im sounding like a #2 fan

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »

What category does people like me fall under?

I spend my own time taking care of a web site about the band, I like listening to their music (including solo albums in some cases) but the whole waiting thing isn't for me.... I don't wake up every day thinking "Wonder if we'll get some GN'R news today?".

Just by looking at the fact that I have a web site about the band, you'd think I'm really fanatical, but I don't agree with that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 02:18:11 PM »

If 3 and 4 met and had a baby...thats what id be Smiley

Just a bit o fun Love....but there is a sprinkling of truth behind my obvservations methinks.

Ditto

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 02:19:44 PM »

I spend my own time taking care of a web site about the band, I like listening to their music (including solo albums in some cases) but the whole waiting thing isn't for me.... I don't wake up every day thinking "Wonder if we'll get some GN'R news today?".

Just by looking at the fact that I have a web site about the band, you'd think I'm really fanatical, but I don't agree with that.

dude you run the show you are undercategory #6......THE PIMP Smiley

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 02:20:58 PM »

/jarmo

ahh but I bet you had to go through a lot of thinking and philosophical (sp) reflections to get where you are. ?Tongue

what about the suicidal fan/poster.

I wont commit suicide until I listen to chidem.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

Bis repetita.

It's the same for me. I've got a site about the band, a board I check every day, like this one and other GN'R boards. I collect bootlegs because I like their music, but I also listen to a LOT of other bands. Right now I'm into U2 because they're touring all over the world this year, and I loved their last album. But I will follow and support GN'R whenever they come back.

I don't know what "category" is right for me.

discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 02:25:34 PM »

Bis repetita.

It's the same for me. I've got a site about the band, a board I check every day, like this one and other GN'R boards. I collect bootlegs because I like their music, but I also listen to a LOT of other bands. Right now I'm into U2 because they're touring all over the world this year, and I loved their last album. But I will follow and support GN'R whenever they come back.

You also fit into category number 6....THE PIMP Smiley

as for the previous poster nervous.....suicidal???...WTF....My ex is a shrink ....she can help ok  ok

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 02:53:06 PM »

Im a little bit of all of those  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 03:15:23 PM »

Bis repetita.

You also fit into category number 6....THE PIMP Smiley

as for the previous poster nervous.....suicidal???...WTF....My ex is a shrink ....she can help ok? ok

Do you have a category for those posters that just don't get how to use the 'quote' function on this board??   Wink

I am definately a number 4 on your list.  I check this site everyday and I am negative as hell about this whole thing at this point.  I really like what I heard from IRS, but it only made me more mad to think we won't have it officially released until 2006 or so. 
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 03:34:07 PM »

There's also the type of fan that somewhat is a relative of #2:

The "Told Me" Fan:

This fan has a relation (personal, professional) or just by chance meeting with someone's brother's-cousin-uncle-boyfriend-girlfriend-aunt-mother-father-sister-bartender-connection-or "AXL" himself- that just swears they got the god's honest poop on the release date or other studio news or touring news. Then said fan runs pell mell to the nearest computer to relay the news. They'll swear allegience to the old fan guard, but disclaim that this is only something they heard and -ZOINKS!- it may not be true. All of us get jacked up for a bit, then get the reality. The news ain't nothin but a pile of steamin Mr. Brownturd.

Sometimes, yes, the threat is real, and the news can be actual. But this is where the net works against it.

Nevertheless, in for a penny, in for a F**KING pound. I've been a fan since '86 (I'm 32 now). I saw them in 88 and I saw the MSG '02 show. I didn't come all this way to get shut out.

<Cue Belushi monologue from Animal House>

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
wadey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 04:18:06 PM »

life long fan, full time job, full time family, check the boards daily to pass the time and to check the goss.
i dont like the members who slag off G N' R or "PRETEND" to know it all, when in my opinion they cant possibly appreciate the music or the band.............Yes, you know who you are

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jgfnsr
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 03:38:58 AM »

To my mind there are 4 types of fans here.

numero uno.

The domestic abuse fan:.No matter how many beatings and dissapointments this fan goes through they are only capable of recalling the memeories of good times. This fan? has spent sooo much mental energy waiting and dreaming that they have actually neglected quite a bit of they're life and will voilently oppose any view from others that they? are wasting hope. This fan will endure torment for year upon year, believing that the basic nature and facts, will change one day and that one day everything will be perfect.

Numero 2 fan : The religious GNR fan.

This fan believes that Axl somehow holds the Key...they constantly quote Axl's past interviews or rants in there own daily lives or in conversation. They over interpret lyrics from old GNR to feel that Axl was fortelling the demise of the band. This fan will dissect every word during an interview for clues, and the hold Axl has over them goes way beyond music.....this fan is irretrievable.

Numero 3.? ? : The casual fan

This fan is the most complete. They rarely and only due to circumstance check this board, they have a job a partner and a full life....though they still love GNR's music, but are able to detach from the cult of personality, and rationally stopped ACTIVELY waiting yrs and yrs ago. The other types of fans here are a mild amusement, but nothing to be concerned about. This fan will hear tidbits ala IRS and get somewhat excited...but then the daily life is all consuming....but they would still love to hear the new album.

Numer 4. : the bitter fan.

This GNR fan has spent a lot of energy waiting , hoping and defending the band they love.? At some point they have become negative, either in life or theyre hope for the band they love.? ?Funnily enough, similar to the domestic abuse fan they continue to hang around...yet theyre basic personality is to still hold on and rather than give up just continually? be negative....the chances of this fan letting go are slim.

Im sure we can all pick who is who if u come here often enuff....Smiley

does anyone have? a 5th one?

Despite what others may have said, I think your assessment is very correct discobiscuit1.  In fact, I think you've hit just about every person that's ever been on this board to some degree or another.  Well done.   ok
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 07:38:44 AM »

I have a 5th one :

The one who likes to chat with people he/she will never meet despise having no news of a long awaited album.
Continues to come to discuss life events such as the appointment of a new pope or the war in irak.
Has made virtual friends all over the world and feels a board can be just as homely as a caf? with real fleshed friends.
Also visits other artist's boards ( i do, robbie, kylie, madonna, viggo, VR, many many others) and posts in each every day.
Hs become internet addicted and replaced choco with cable.

Nothing to say
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 08:31:44 AM »

But tell 99% of the population that.....regarding a band that hasnt released an album for 10 yrs and the reaction would be Huh....a healthy interest???

What a load of bullshit. Did you know there are Elvis fans? OMG, the guy is dead, and he hasn't released anything in about three decades. Those people must be cehrazy.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 12:19:28 PM »

What a load of bullshit. Did you know there are Elvis fans? OMG, the guy is dead, and he hasn't released anything in about three decades. Those people must be cehrazy.
Mozart fans should be locked up

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: