Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Guy Spits On Jane Fonda
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Spits On Jane Fonda  (Read 16712 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:43:41 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050420/ap_en_ot/fonda_spitter
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 04:56:54 PM »

That?s some disgusting shit man .

spitting tobacco juice into some ones face is just wrong.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »

I'm sure she'll get over it

EEEERRRR Little boy
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:10:28 PM »

Maybe not a nice thing to do but I think she more than deserves it. Too bad bitch.

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
GnRNightrain
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 10:31:29 PM »

So is sitting aiding and abetting the enemy.  I have little sympathy for that treasonist.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 12:27:17 AM »

So is sitting aiding and abetting the enemy.? I have little sympathy for that treasonist.

You guys are good for a laugh as always....

Treasonist.... hihi

Get a life man...pathetic.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:45:10 AM »

i have no sympathy for her. she's a total whore. but spitting tobacco in her face isn't right.

since she admits she made major mistakes, she should do something for the current troops fighting in the middle east.

here's a excerpt from her 60 minutes appearance.....

She earned the epithet ?Hanoi Jane? and the eternal hatred of many veterans when she visited an anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down American pilots.

It's something that Fonda now says she regrets. "I will go to my grave regretting that. The image of Jane Fonda, Barbarella, Henry Fonda's daughter, just a woman sitting on a enemy aircraft gun, was a betrayal," says Fonda.

"It was like I was thumbing my nose at the military. And at the country that gave me privilege. It was the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine. I don't thumb my nose at this country. I care deeply about American soldiers."

But many of those soldiers say if there?s one thing they will never forgive her for, it?s that she met with a group of seven POWs when she was in North Vietnam, giving the appearance of a staged event at their expense.

"But the Vietnamese used it as propaganda, to say, 'Look how humane we are,'? says Stahl.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 11:37:21 AM »

So is sitting aiding and abetting the enemy.  I have little sympathy for that treasonist.

I never said what she did was right .

All I'm saying is that I don't think spitting tobacco juiceon some is wrong I don't vare who it is.

There are other to show your distaste for what she did that or more grown up.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 03:38:35 PM »

how can you "sit" aiding and abetting the enemy?

the woman has what is commonly called in america "freedom of speech"...and you are defending someone who has committed a crime...and you want to become a lawyer...amusing

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
jgfnsr
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 09:34:30 PM »

the woman has what is commonly called in america "freedom of speech"...and you are defending someone who has committed a crime...and you want to become a lawyer...amusing

Don't start splitting hairs IQ.

She went well beyond exercising her freedom of speech here in the U.S.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 11:50:35 PM »

A fifty something year old man spitting on a woman and running away. How undignified, what a pussy.

The least he could have done is stick around and been arrested like a man.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 11:52:40 PM »

She went well beyond exercising her freedom of speech here in the U.S.

I'll split hairs, and ask you to explain this comment.

How did she "go beyond" ? Explain.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 12:09:51 AM »

I heard her talkin on one of those CNN talk shows, and she went over there and im not exactly sure but she made it seem like the POW's were being treated nice when in fact they were being tortured, she aimed an enemy weapon towards american planes in the sky.

U can protest and rave all you want about the president,the govt. or whatever but if u dont like this country, i say leave it, get the fuck out. what she did crossed the line of freedom of speech.

Did she deserve tobacco spit in the face? Probably not but im sure people who had family members die in the war and then see her doing what she was doing was way more disrespectful than a tobacco spitting to the face.

im not overtly patriotic but I have a hard time showing sympathy for someone like her regardless of what happens to her.

soldiers have no choice and im glad they fight for us cause i sure as fuck dont want too. thats why it isnt cool protesting and doing shit against the soldiers, fuck the president,fuck the govt but support the soldiers cause its not their choice.

my brother got sent to FT Bragg for a year, just had  a newborn daughter,just got out of the police academy, and they robbed a year of his life away, he didnt wanna be there but he had no choice

if some spoiled rich fuckin famous fuck like that did something similiar in these times,I wouldve applauded someone spitting on her, smacking her, kicking her or just whatever.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:14:02 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 01:15:29 AM »

All I know is the woman has some great movies. Yeah she made some huge mistakes, but don't we all?.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
jgfnsr
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 05:21:36 AM »

I'll go ahead and thank D above for explaining well enough for me.

That's your problem SLCPUNK.  You can never admit what, even to you, is the obvious.  It's always the same knee-jerk reaction with you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 09:55:38 AM »

we don't really have freedom of speech. there are limits on that.

this whole episode reminds me of all those idiot liberals that have been throwing food at speakers recently. there were a bunch just this year.

at least this guy has a legitimate reason to hate that whore. it's not just some stupid ideological reason.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »

this whole episode reminds me of all those idiot liberals that have been throwing food at speakers recently. there were a bunch just this year.

at least this guy has a legitimate reason to hate that whore. it's not just some stupid ideological reason.

and you remind me of a person who makes a judgement on things that cannot be proven to have happened.  I have read a fair bit on Jane Fonda since this thread and a most of these accusations are either exaggerated, are rumours or cannot be proven...

D, you say she peered down a weapon aimed at americans...no...she was photographed looking through the weapon...there is no evidence to suggest that it was aimed at anyone...

nor is it mentioned that she brought back letters from vietnam pow's to their families...

and she never divulged any secrets, gave them money, or interfered with american forces

yes she could be guilty of acting naively and taking her anti war stance a bit too far...but i wouldnt call that treason...

if some spoiled rich fuckin famous fuck like that did something similiar in these times,I wouldve applauded someone spitting on her, smacking her, kicking her or just whatever.

really?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 04:26:51 PM »

and you remind me of a person who makes a judgement on things that cannot be proven to have happened.? I have read a fair bit on Jane Fonda since this thread and a most of these accusations are either exaggerated, are rumours or cannot be proven...

D, you say she peered down a weapon aimed at americans...no...she was photographed looking through the weapon...there is no evidence to suggest that it was aimed at anyone...

nor is it mentioned that she brought back letters from vietnam pow's to their families...

and she never divulged any secrets, gave them money, or interfered with american forces

yes she could be guilty of acting naively and taking her anti war stance a bit too far...but i wouldnt call that treason...

really?

what are you talking about? i'm not making any assumptions about her actions at all.

all my comments are based on HER WORDS!

she admits that what she did was wrong. she "thumbed her nose at the military". well this guy IS the military.

still, i can't say i respect what he did, but i do understand it. he has a legitimate reason to hate this pig. 

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »

This is a consequence of Fonda`s actions. I saw the film of her when she went to HAnoi. Any soldier who lost friends and risked their life over there would be furious at what they saw. Yes she probrally does regret doing what she did. She was not too bright when she was young obviously.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 05:56:49 PM »

you gotta understand something, this is real life shit here.

if u dont have any loved ones serving in the military, i can see where this kind of stuff isnt a big deal.

but say your dad or your brother got killed in the war and u see some rich,spoiled,movie star on TV doing shit like that and basically disrespecting your father or brother or whoever that gave their life so people like that can be rich,famous and spoiled it would piss u off to no end.

Im not 100 percent sure on this but i think she said something about how the POWs were treating great and that the govt used the POW's as pawns to continue the war or something like that.

If u wanna protest the president, i say great, go for it, the govt sucks, fuck yeah but these guys are just tryin to feed their families and they have no choice but to fight or go to prison, get a dishonorable discharge and never work again.

Yes, if someone like that disrespected our troops in my lifetime like that, and then some veteran knocked her teeth out, id laugh like a teenage boy after getting his first blowjob.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 07:46:21 PM »

but say your dad or your brother got killed in the war and u see some rich,spoiled,movie star on TV doing shit like that and basically disrespecting your father or brother or whoever that gave their life so people like that can be rich,famous and spoiled it would piss u off to no end.

if im not mistaken, wasnt the US using chemical weapons on a massive scale in vietnam almost from the very start of their involvement in the war?  you talk about brothers and fathers getting killed but that is the case on both sides...i read somewhere that these chemicals were still causing deformations in children even today...the war was a pointless war against a country who wasnt a threat to anyone...

noone is questioning the commitment of soldiers in any war, but it is the government who sends them in...

do you also question the numerous amount of people who staged rallies against the US involvement in the war? including i recall a US veterans rally...do you also consider their actions an act of treason?

Im not 100 percent sure on this but i think she said something about how the POWs were treating great and that the govt used the POW's as pawns to continue the war or something like that.

its free speech and she was wrong to say that..she was dumb and blinded by her own cause...but lets be aware she was talking about nixons government...not exactly the most honest of presidents was he?

do you know the reasons why the US went to war with vietnam? self interest wasnt it?

(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 12:45:26 AM »

what happened when the US pulled out of Vietnam? do u remember the mass slaughter that happened?

just like today people are screaming for us to pull out of Iraq but we cant. If we do it will be the same as what happened in Vietnam.

yes i have a very deep hatred for war protesters who spit in soldier's faces and screamed "baby killers" at them

who the fuck are these people to do some shit like that?

jgfnsr
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 01:27:46 AM »

what happened when the US pulled out of Vietnam? do u remember the mass slaughter that happened?

No D, guys like IQ or SLCPUNK conveniently forget about the Khmer Rouge regime slaughtered an estimated 1.7 million people.? Infact I remember reading one report where, in terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population of the country it ruled, it was the most violent regime of the 20th century, exceeding even those of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

just like today people are screaming for us to pull out of Iraq but we cant. If we do it will be the same as what happened in Vietnam.

yes i have a very deep hatred for war protesters who spit in soldier's faces and screamed "baby killers" at them

who the fuck are these people to do some shit like that?

The anti-war protesters then are the same as today.? Funny how they so often choose to exercise their freedom of speech against they very soldiers who give them it.? They'll claim they actually support our soldiers and are simply protesting against the government but that is a copout.? They'll scream about the number of deaths of both U.S. troops and foreign civilians.? However, in reality, their shrill whines have much more to do with their specific agendas then the fallen on either side.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 08:57:33 AM »

No D, guys like IQ or SLCPUNK conveniently forget about the Khmer Rouge regime slaughtered an estimated 1.7 million people.  Infact I remember reading one report where, in terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population of the country it ruled, it was the most violent regime of the 20th century, exceeding even those of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

since when did i conveniently forget?, and im not sure why you mention the regime that ruled Cambodia...its one of the first wars i remember anything about...ironically it was the Vietnamese who overthrew the Cambodian regime...i believe there is reasonable evidence to show that USA's involvement in the Vietnam War pushed many communist soldiers into neighbouring Cambodia which may have given impetus to the rise of the Khmer Rouge

If you want to talk about the Khmer Rouge feel free to start another thread but since nobody will defend the Khmer Rouge and that noone is interested as it involved a country who is probably regarded as unimportant by many here... the thread will die quickly

yes and have you heard of the My Lai massacre? over 200 civilians killed by US troops, mainly women, children and babies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre
http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_vietnam_mylai.html

what i realise is that both sides committed atrocities...does anyone even want to think about that?

(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 05:54:50 PM »

No D, guys like IQ or SLCPUNK conveniently forget about the Khmer Rouge regime slaughtered an estimated 1.7 million people.? Infact I remember reading one report where, in terms of the number of people killed as a proportion of the population of the country it ruled, it was the most violent regime of the 20th century, exceeding even those of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

since when did i conveniently forget?, and im not sure why you mention the regime that ruled Cambodia...its one of the first wars i remember anything about...ironically it was the Vietnamese who overthrew the Cambodian regime...i believe there is reasonable evidence to show that USA's involvement in the Vietnam War pushed many communist soldiers into neighbouring Cambodia which may have given impetus to the rise of the Khmer Rouge

If you want to talk about the Khmer Rouge feel free to start another thread but since nobody will defend the Khmer Rouge and that noone is interested as it involved a country who is probably regarded as unimportant by many here... the thread will die quickly

yes and have you heard of the My Lai massacre? over 200 civilians killed by US troops, mainly women, children and babies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre
http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_vietnam_mylai.html

what i realise is that both sides committed atrocities...does anyone even want to think about that?

Great post, well thought out and well sourced.

I see you ignored the personal attacks and stuck to your guns.

If you noticed the other guy tried to hit below the belt and you did not hit back in the same fashion.

Way to cut through the bull and stick to your guns!!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 05:58:43 PM »

I'll go ahead and thank D above for explaining well enough for me.

That's your problem SLCPUNK.? You can never admit what, even to you, is the obvious.? It's always the same knee-jerk reaction with you.

Yea..."knee jerk".... Roll Eyes

Like asking you to explain your stupid comments in more detail? Which you still haven't done.

"Knee jerk"..... Roll Eyes  hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 11:38:02 PM »

innocent people die in wars.

i hate when people say women and children as if its so much worse for a woman or child to be killed than a man. its unfortunate but its war.

people are making a big fuss cause some rich famous actor chick got spit on.

boo fuckin hoo.

the guy was pretty gutless to run or whatever he did, but he felt a certain disgust and he made his piece with it.

He felt offended by her and i can totally understand it.

Im normally a democrat but some of u are so pro democrat that u are blinded at times by your liberalness.

It doesnt matter what Bush does, there are those democrats that are gonna shit on it.

there are also republicans in the world that shit on anything a democrat does.

i stay away from debating or discussing anything with either of these types because its basically pointless. nothing worse than a bleeding heart liberal or an iron clad conservative.

A major point being overlooked is the fact that the soldiers have no choice. they are proud to defend us and i am happy they do, i sure as fuck dont wanna be drafted so im not gonna offend and put down people who risk their lives for the very shit i am able to do because of them.

innocent people get killed, its sad, its unfortunate but its life, its real life shit and in life shit happens. kids,women, men die every day in this world due to senseless tragedies.

if a soldier fucks up and kills someone innocent that is that one soldier but it shouldnt be a reflection of the entire army.

Im sure people were upset when we joined WWII, im sure there were some who were protesting the American revolution.

Im proud of the war in Iraq, I think those people being free and becoming a democracy will be an enormous benefit to the world at large in the long run.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 11:40:55 PM by D » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »

I don?t have a problem with this guy being frustrated by her actions  her ,but I think he could have went about showing his distaste for her in a better way .then spitting on her then running away .

As far as those who want to talk shit about they men and women that are in are arm service well the can go fuck off.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2005, 02:01:38 AM »

Im not condoning stuff like using chemical weapons or atomic bombs but u know it isnt my life on the line, and im gonna be selfish for a moment, if it comes down to me dying or 200 women and children dying, its unfortunate but hey thats the price of war. protesting is cool but doing stuff like she did,those protesters spitting in soldiers faces and callin them baby killers etc, that crosses the line.

the way kids and woman are blowing up people with suicide bombs, i just dont have as much sympathy cause u dont who to trust.

like that US soldier who is in trouble for shooting an unarmed Iraqi, well how was he suppose to know that guy didnt have a bomb ready to detonate and kill everyone?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 02:06:40 AM by D » Logged

jgfnsr
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2005, 02:02:11 AM »

While I'm glad you've come to that realization I Q, you aren't the first. ?People have been using that reasoning for years in order to rationalize and justify their not taking a position and choosing a side.

That' fine though. ?Have fun waaaaaaaaaaaay up there in your ivory tower. ? ok
jgfnsr
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 02:04:24 AM »

If you noticed the other guy tried to hit below the belt and you did not hit back in the same fashion.

SLCPUNK, if you want to verbally felate I Q, do it through a PM mmmkay?   Wink
jgfnsr
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 02:23:04 AM »

Im not condoning stuff like using chemical weapons or atomic bombs but u know it isnt my life on the line, and im gonna be selfish for a moment, if it comes down to me dying or 200 women and children dying, its unfortunate but hey thats the price of war. protesting is cool but doing stuff like she did,those protesters spitting in soldiers faces and callin them baby killers etc, that crosses the line.

the way kids and woman are blowing up people with suicide bombs, i just dont have as much sympathy cause u dont who to trust.

like that US soldier who is in trouble for shooting an unarmed Iraqi, well how was he suppose to know that guy didnt have a bomb ready to detonate and kill everyone?

EXACTLY!

These soldiers are going from house to house in rapid succession, not knowing who is an insurgent and who is a civilian.?

Why?? Because the insurgents hide amongst the civilians obviously.? I work with a guy now who got back from Iraq about a month ago.? His job for 10 months was to look for roadside bombs.? The so-called "insurgents," terrorists really, will detonate a bomb anywhere - mosques, schools, neighborhoods, etc.

I don't remember who the miserable piece of shit was that started the sarcastic thread about a "hero marine liberating insurgent's life" a while back, but I do recall some who actually supported his basic jist.? ?Tongue

It's a no-win situation with any of 'em.? They castigate our soldiers going while all but supporting the enemy coming!?

And their reason?? They believe they've reached some level of higher conciousness where they think there is really no right or wrong, good or bad side; because "war is bad" and "attrocities happen on both sides."? ?Tongue Tongue
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 02:27:01 AM »

I couldn?t in a million year imagine what it like to be a soldier over in Iraqi fighting with  suicide bombers and all other crazy shit like that.

They way I see it is war is hell and there is going to casualties ,that is just part of the hell that is war .I wish it was avoidably but it?s not.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »

While I'm glad you've come to that realization I Q, you aren't the first.  People have been using that reasoning for years in order to rationalize and justify their not taking a position and choosing a side.

That' fine though.  Have fun waaaaaaaaaaaay up there in your ivory tower.   ok

you make an interesting comment then you follow it with a put down...very smart...

btw felate isnt a word...maybe you used it on yourself too often that you dont realise that

and yes i will take sides if i believe it merits taking sides and that there is a greater cause...when i believe a war isnt justified i dont take sides...the Vietnam war wasnt justified imo...neither was the 2nd Iraq war...the 1st Iraq war yes it was justified...i dont take sides just because someone else says i have to...its called reasoning and if youd rather be a lemming them feel free to jump the cliff with the rest of them

innocent people die in wars.

i hate when people say women and children as if its so much worse for a woman or child to be killed than a man. its unfortunate but its war.

really?  wow you are really showing your attitudes now arent you...the My Lai massacre involved no Vietnamese troops...you cant justify that no matter how cold you are

As far as those who want to talk shit about they men and women that are in are arm service well the can go fuck off.

in your mind the armed services are beyond law are they ?

It's a no-win situation with any of 'em.  They castigate our soldiers going while all but supporting the enemy coming! 

And their reason?  They believe they've reached some level of higher conciousness where they think there is really no right or wrong, good or bad side; because "war is bad" and "attrocities happen on both sides."   Tongue Tongue

and you believe that no matter what these soldiers do, there are no repercussions from those actions? what you fail to grasp is that there is a line that shouldnt be crossed...and it was crossed at My Lai

and so you try to push my arguments and opinions into a corner because you cant grasp the fact that there are more than 2 opinions ...you push me into being a liberal when i would happily see the death penalty return and i believe in abortion...and btw i believe everyone should be treated equally so try not to label me as something i am clearly not...

(Winston Churchill)"
GnRNightrain
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

So is sitting aiding and abetting the enemy.? I have little sympathy for that treasonist.

Hahaha
First, Im not defending this person at all.  He deserves to be punished as does anyone that breaks the law.  Im sorry, but freedom of speech has exceptions in our country as it does in any.  Such exceptions include: defamation, incitement, firghting words, and treason.  There are many stories going around about old Jane.  By going over to our enemy and giving them comfort in a time of war, is aiding and abetting the enemy.  That my friend is not protected by the First Amendment.  Dont presume to have any knowldge about my credentials to become an attorney or our legal system.  What is amusing is the fact that you make such stupid comments without any such knowledge.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

you gotta understand something, this is real life shit here.

But you have to realize that this kind of action is accepted now.  You do this today and people like SLC and IQ wil call them a hero
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 03:43:48 PM »

By going over to our enemy and giving them comfort in a time of war, is aiding and abetting the enemy. 

you mean like the Red Cross?

defamation eh...hmmm...so since Fonda hasnt been convicted of any treasonous activity and you have called her a treasonist, quite a serious accusation...doesnt that qualify as defamation? so ill be looking forward to you appearing in a court somewhere near you...of course you know that wont happen hmmmm

i hear defamation every day and nobody gets tried for it...its only convenient when money is involved...

(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2005, 11:37:15 PM »

SLCPUNK, if you want to verbally felate I Q, do it through a PM mmmkay?? ?Wink

Little people say little things.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2005, 11:49:37 PM »

1. You would not say that if it were your family getting blown up
2. They did not ask for us to 'free them', nor is it our job.
3. Bush only pushed the 'free Iraq' bill once no WMD came to light. The latest report a month or so back SLAMS bush for the poor intelligence.

the guy was pretty gutless to run or whatever he did, but he felt a certain disgust and he made his piece with it.

A real man, would not have acted in such a way, period.

Im normally a democrat but some of u are so pro democrat that u are blinded at times by your liberalness.

There are many stories about what happened with her there. Many urban legends as well. Snopes.com puts much of it to rest. She did some stupid shit, but in no way aided the enemy or gave information of any kind to help them. If she did, she most certainly would have been charged. Treason is something right wing nut-jobs like to throw around, but it falls very far from the true definition. It is just their way of saying "we don't like what this person has to say."

It doesnt matter what Bush does, there are those democrats that are gonna shit on it.

I was behind Bush until he invaded Iraq.

A major point being overlooked is the fact that the soldiers have no choice. they are proud to defend us and i am happy they do, i sure as fuck dont wanna be drafted so im not gonna offend and put down people who risk their lives for the very shit i am able to do because of them.

If somebody feels they are pointing out war crimes, that is their right to do so.

innocent people get killed, its sad, its unfortunate but its life, its real life shit and in life shit happens. kids,women, men die every day in this world due to senseless tragedies.

Senseless yes. Vietnam was senseless and so is Iraq. 1000's of lives could have been saved by avoiding BOTH conflicts. Something that people seem to forget.

These kids are not defending our country in either war. They were imperial moves on BOTH COUNTS.

Im proud of the war in Iraq, I think those people being free and becoming a democracy will be an enormous benefit to the world at large in the long run.

You are not realistic, sorry. We can't pull out for years and when we do civil war will errupt. More than ever now I believe our placement there is for resources more than anything. Once the "war on terror" is a success we will invade South America next for their oil. We NEED OIL. Or country depends on it, much more than just gas for our cars. We reached peak oil years ago and consume more than we drill up. We depend on oil for EVERYTHING. So "spreading democracy" is the last reason we are there, trust me.

You are proud that all the contracts to rebuild were given to Cheney's buddies...a company that he still has financial ties to?

The tortures that have occured by our hands (found guilty and sent away, btw)?

This is just a warm up and  it is in no fuckin way a "sad reality of war" it's a huge lie to the world and the American people.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 11:58:39 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
GnRNightrain
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »

By going over to our enemy and giving them comfort in a time of war, is aiding and abetting the enemy.?

defamation eh...hmmm...so since Fonda hasnt been convicted of any treasonous activity and you have called her a treasonist, quite a serious accusation...doesnt that qualify as defamation? so ill be looking forward to you appearing in a court somewhere near you...of course you know that wont happen hmmmm

i hear defamation every day and nobody gets tried for it...its only convenient when money is involved...
Actually it is not defamation.  Defamation involves actual malice, a reckless regard for the truth.  Considering the stories that are circulated are the ones that everyone tells, that is hardly defamation under our laws.  Especially since she is a famous person.  So sorry, I wont find my way to a court room anytime soon.  She is welcome to try though.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »

By going over to our enemy and giving them comfort in a time of war, is aiding and abetting the enemy.?

Actually it is not defamation.? Defamation involves actual malice, a reckless regard for the truth.? Considering the stories that are circulated are the ones that everyone tells, that is hardly defamation under our laws.? Especially since she is a famous person.? So sorry, I wont find my way to a court room anytime soon.? She is welcome to try though.

Funny, you don't to know the definition for treason though do you?

You sure like to put it out there though.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2005, 10:11:01 PM »

A simple definition on dictionary.com brings this definition: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Supporting the country that our country is at war with seems to fit this definition.

Consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies?  Going to the other side, taking pictures with their soldiers, telling them their cause is right and ours is wrong, giving them support etc.  This is all stuff she admitted to.  Seems like aiding the enemies to me?  There are much worse accusations against her including: pointing weapons at american planes, and turning in POWs who attempted to get messages to the US.  I have not read exactly what the case law and treason is, but I assume the definition is something similar.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2005, 11:38:38 PM »

How did she aid the enemy?

If she did, she would have been charged with treason. She was not.

Thus my post asking you if you understood that definition.

It's a term you like to call people, so maybe you should understand the full extent of what you imply.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:58 AM »

How did she aid the enemy?

If she did, she would have been charged with treason. She was not.

Thus my post asking you if you understood that definition.

It's a term you like to call people, so maybe you should understand the full extent of what you imply.
I have never used the term treasonist before on this board.? I challenge you to find one other time where I have used the word on this board.? There is a difference with what she did, and protesting one's hate for America.? By going over to the other side and engaging with enemy soldiers seems to fit the definition.? If Bobby Fisher can get arrested for just entering a Communist state during the cold war, I think Jane's actions are far worse.? It seems to fit the definition to me.? Is it not a violation of allegiance toward one's country to support the other side during a war with that country? 

Just because someone isnt charged with a crime doesnt mean it wasnt committed.? You of all people should know this considering the bomb trhowing you do.? By your standards, there was no crimes committed during the Florida elections, Bush is not a killer, and everything Haliburton is doing is perfectly legal.? After all, no one has charged them for committing any crime.?

Come on SLC, you are smarter than the statement you made.? I know you have sympathy for Jane's past, but I certainly dont see anti-war people like you going over and expressing hatred of America with Osama Bin Laden or Suddam Hussein.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:59:15 AM by GnRNightrain » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »

If Bobby Fisher can get arrested for just entering a Communist state during the cold war, I think Jane's actions are far worse. 

Imagine being put on the wanted list for playing a chess match in a communist country...2 words...political pawn...the sad thing is that people believe he is some sort of traitor...some people just cant put 2 and 2 together

(Winston Churchill)"
jgfnsr
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

Come on SLC, you are smarter than the statement you made.? I know you have sympathy for Jane's past, but I certainly dont see anti-war people like you going over and expressing hatred of America with Osama Bin Laden or Suddam Hussein.

And right there is where you hit the nail on the head.

It's not so much guys like SLCPUNK or I Q don't believe that what Jane Fonda did was right as their complete inability to admit it due to their sympathies for her.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 06:57:42 PM »

who was the white guy from the United States that they discovered in Afghanistan? remember the guy who was helping al queida or whatever he was doin?

Jane Fonda didnt take shots at anyone or kill anybody but what she did was borderline treason at least.

Im not tryin to justify the my lai massacre, u cant justify that, I dont know exactly what happened and i havent seen the info from both sides of it, so im not qualified to really comment on that right now, but im just saying its war. dropping the A-Bomb on Japan was horrible, Hitler and his concentration camps were horrible, the world is filled with insane bullshit but I guess Im numb or something cause i dont get appalled at shit that happens anymore.

a car bomb explodes and kills 30 in Iraq, i dont even blink.

I think there is a big difference in protesting the president and govt. and protesting the actual soldiers.

i know if i were in a war, id be scared as fuck and maybe not always make the correct decisions but if i were in war my main objective would be coming home alive by any means necessary

if 5,000 faceless enemies have to die to make sure i come home alive, thats just the way it would be and id live with what i had done.

jgfnsr
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2005, 10:43:15 PM »

I actually had an opportunity to briefly talk with a Vietnam veteran who was in special-ops the other day.? One of the guys I work with just returned from Iraq himself about a month ago and asked the guy what he thought of Jane Fonda.

His response?

"I've long hoped that I would have the chance to meet her so I could crush the bitch's fucking larynx."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2005, 12:44:16 AM »

And right there is where you hit the nail on the head.

It's not so much guys like SLCPUNK or I Q don't believe that what Jane Fonda did was right as their complete inability to admit it due to their sympathies for her.

I never said I sympathize with her. In fact I said she did some stupid shit, but she is not a traitor.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2005, 12:49:34 AM »

By going over to the other side and engaging with enemy soldiers seems to fit the definition. 

"seems to fit"...you are smarter than that Mr.-soon-to-be-lawyer-man.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2005, 12:51:48 AM »

I actually had an opportunity to briefly talk with a Vietnam veteran who was in special-ops the other day.? One of the guys I work with just returned from Iraq himself about a month ago and asked the guy what he thought of Jane Fonda.

His response?

"I've long hoped that I would have the chance to meet her so I could crush the bitch's fucking larynx."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2005, 03:56:07 PM »

did i say anything that suggested i thought she was doing the right thing?...i certainly believe she was naive and that she shouldnt have been over there...but saying that she committed treason is just ludicrous?...

Actually it is not defamation. Defamation involves actual malice, a reckless regard for the truth. Considering the stories that are circulated are the ones that everyone tells, that is hardly defamation under our laws. Especially since she is a famous person. So sorry, I wont find my way to a court room anytime soon. She is welcome to try though.

slandering someone for a crime they didnt commit?...

btw i think you mean "disregard" not regard...an amusing faux pas

(Winston Churchill)"
GnRNightrain
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:21 PM »

did i say anything that suggested i thought she was doing the right thing?...i certainly believe she was naive and that she shouldnt have been over there...but saying that she committed treason is just ludicrous?...
It certainly isnt the most clear cut case, but I would hardly call it ludicrous.

slandering someone for a crime they didnt commit?...
Well that just begs the question doesnt it. 

btw i think you mean "disregard" not regard...an amusing faux pas
oops
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: