Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Guy Spits On Jane Fonda
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Spits On Jane Fonda  (Read 16919 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »

By going over to our enemy and giving them comfort in a time of war, is aiding and abetting the enemy.?

you mean like the Red Cross?

defamation eh...hmmm...so since Fonda hasnt been convicted of any treasonous activity and you have called her a treasonist, quite a serious accusation...doesnt that qualify as defamation? so ill be looking forward to you appearing in a court somewhere near you...of course you know that wont happen hmmmm

i hear defamation every day and nobody gets tried for it...its only convenient when money is involved...
Actually it is not defamation.? Defamation involves actual malice, a reckless regard for the truth.? Considering the stories that are circulated are the ones that everyone tells, that is hardly defamation under our laws.? Especially since she is a famous person.? So sorry, I wont find my way to a court room anytime soon.? She is welcome to try though.

Funny, you don't to know the definition for treason though do you?

You sure like to put it out there though.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2005, 10:11:01 PM »

A simple definition on dictionary.com brings this definition: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Supporting the country that our country is at war with seems to fit this definition.

Consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies?  Going to the other side, taking pictures with their soldiers, telling them their cause is right and ours is wrong, giving them support etc.  This is all stuff she admitted to.  Seems like aiding the enemies to me?  There are much worse accusations against her including: pointing weapons at american planes, and turning in POWs who attempted to get messages to the US.  I have not read exactly what the case law and treason is, but I assume the definition is something similar.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2005, 11:38:38 PM »

How did she aid the enemy?

If she did, she would have been charged with treason. She was not.

Thus my post asking you if you understood that definition.

It's a term you like to call people, so maybe you should understand the full extent of what you imply.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:58 AM »

How did she aid the enemy?

If she did, she would have been charged with treason. She was not.

Thus my post asking you if you understood that definition.

It's a term you like to call people, so maybe you should understand the full extent of what you imply.
I have never used the term treasonist before on this board.? I challenge you to find one other time where I have used the word on this board.? There is a difference with what she did, and protesting one's hate for America.? By going over to the other side and engaging with enemy soldiers seems to fit the definition.? If Bobby Fisher can get arrested for just entering a Communist state during the cold war, I think Jane's actions are far worse.? It seems to fit the definition to me.? Is it not a violation of allegiance toward one's country to support the other side during a war with that country? 

Just because someone isnt charged with a crime doesnt mean it wasnt committed.? You of all people should know this considering the bomb trhowing you do.? By your standards, there was no crimes committed during the Florida elections, Bush is not a killer, and everything Haliburton is doing is perfectly legal.? After all, no one has charged them for committing any crime.?

Come on SLC, you are smarter than the statement you made.? I know you have sympathy for Jane's past, but I certainly dont see anti-war people like you going over and expressing hatred of America with Osama Bin Laden or Suddam Hussein.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:59:15 AM by GnRNightrain » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »

If Bobby Fisher can get arrested for just entering a Communist state during the cold war, I think Jane's actions are far worse. 

Imagine being put on the wanted list for playing a chess match in a communist country...2 words...political pawn...the sad thing is that people believe he is some sort of traitor...some people just cant put 2 and 2 together

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
jgfnsr
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

Come on SLC, you are smarter than the statement you made.? I know you have sympathy for Jane's past, but I certainly dont see anti-war people like you going over and expressing hatred of America with Osama Bin Laden or Suddam Hussein.

And right there is where you hit the nail on the head.

It's not so much guys like SLCPUNK or I Q don't believe that what Jane Fonda did was right as their complete inability to admit it due to their sympathies for her.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 06:57:42 PM »

who was the white guy from the United States that they discovered in Afghanistan? remember the guy who was helping al queida or whatever he was doin?

Jane Fonda didnt take shots at anyone or kill anybody but what she did was borderline treason at least.

Im not tryin to justify the my lai massacre, u cant justify that, I dont know exactly what happened and i havent seen the info from both sides of it, so im not qualified to really comment on that right now, but im just saying its war. dropping the A-Bomb on Japan was horrible, Hitler and his concentration camps were horrible, the world is filled with insane bullshit but I guess Im numb or something cause i dont get appalled at shit that happens anymore.

a car bomb explodes and kills 30 in Iraq, i dont even blink.

I think there is a big difference in protesting the president and govt. and protesting the actual soldiers.

i know if i were in a war, id be scared as fuck and maybe not always make the correct decisions but if i were in war my main objective would be coming home alive by any means necessary

if 5,000 faceless enemies have to die to make sure i come home alive, thats just the way it would be and id live with what i had done.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jgfnsr
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2005, 10:43:15 PM »

I actually had an opportunity to briefly talk with a Vietnam veteran who was in special-ops the other day.? One of the guys I work with just returned from Iraq himself about a month ago and asked the guy what he thought of Jane Fonda.

His response?

"I've long hoped that I would have the chance to meet her so I could crush the bitch's fucking larynx."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2005, 12:44:16 AM »

And right there is where you hit the nail on the head.

It's not so much guys like SLCPUNK or I Q don't believe that what Jane Fonda did was right as their complete inability to admit it due to their sympathies for her.

I never said I sympathize with her. In fact I said she did some stupid shit, but she is not a traitor.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2005, 12:49:34 AM »

By going over to the other side and engaging with enemy soldiers seems to fit the definition. 

"seems to fit"...you are smarter than that Mr.-soon-to-be-lawyer-man.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2005, 12:51:48 AM »

I actually had an opportunity to briefly talk with a Vietnam veteran who was in special-ops the other day.? One of the guys I work with just returned from Iraq himself about a month ago and asked the guy what he thought of Jane Fonda.

His response?

"I've long hoped that I would have the chance to meet her so I could crush the bitch's fucking larynx."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2005, 03:56:07 PM »

did i say anything that suggested i thought she was doing the right thing?...i certainly believe she was naive and that she shouldnt have been over there...but saying that she committed treason is just ludicrous?...

Actually it is not defamation. Defamation involves actual malice, a reckless regard for the truth. Considering the stories that are circulated are the ones that everyone tells, that is hardly defamation under our laws. Especially since she is a famous person. So sorry, I wont find my way to a court room anytime soon. She is welcome to try though.

slandering someone for a crime they didnt commit?...

btw i think you mean "disregard" not regard...an amusing faux pas

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
GnRNightrain
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:21 PM »

did i say anything that suggested i thought she was doing the right thing?...i certainly believe she was naive and that she shouldnt have been over there...but saying that she committed treason is just ludicrous?...
It certainly isnt the most clear cut case, but I would hardly call it ludicrous.

slandering someone for a crime they didnt commit?...
Well that just begs the question doesnt it. 

btw i think you mean "disregard" not regard...an amusing faux pas
oops
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: