Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  relationship-questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: relationship-questions  (Read 4856 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: April 21, 2005, 03:24:26 AM »

I was wondering how you boys and girls handle with certain things in your relationships.

1. What's the thing that really "hit" you about your companion? And how much does looks matter?
What first hit me was? her looks, then how fun it was to be with her, now it's how much she think about my feelings. She half-jokingly once told me that I'm a body-worshipper, since I care a lot how I look and work out to keep my body in fit. But it's not my whole life.
I couldn't think of being with an overweight chick, even if she'd be perfect in everyother way and even have billions on her bank account. But then again if she'd be overwight, she wouldn't be perfect.

2. Do you prefer being in a long time relationship over one night stands?
Before I prefered being single and I got a certain amount of satisfaction about the one-night stands, mostly for the thrill of the game, about playing my cards right. We even had some sort of competition with a few mates who'd score the most. Now I've gone steady for a while and I feel good about it.

3. Do you find hard to be faithful?
For me it's like an itch. It's not so hard to be faithful if I've just been with my gf, but if it's been a week and some girl at some bar tries to hit on me, so yeah, it's sometimes really hard (though it makes me feel good about myself next morning). Maybe it's easier being faithfull (which I have btw) when I move together with my gf next month, feel free to congratulate.

4. What are your fights with your partner about ?
We haven't really had any real fights yet, just some arguments when I needed my time alone. Other than that, mostly about her parents, but they really haven't? got on my nerve for a while, I hope it lasts.

5. Best and worst relationship memory?

My best memory must've been when I was holding my gf close and she started crying against my chest, I did my best to calm her down, even if I was kinda lost. Later she told me it was because of some bad memories and because she was so happy. (it must be a girl thing to cry when happy?). Worst memory must've been when in a fight my ex-gf used some of my personal-stuff against me, which was also the last time I shared her with any, no wonder it didn't work.

6. And lastly; what do you regret about your past relationships?
I regret a few relationships I tried only because I couldn't stand being alone anymore.

Your turn.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Dust N Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 05:35:15 AM »

1. The Beauty of a girl is the first thing that attracts me and I want her female, not a girl that slams. Of course a good look is needed but it's not the only thing that matters. Nice character is needed too. If a girl's really beautiful and her character sucks, it doesn't really attract me.
I don't like to be with an overweight girl, I'm thin and I wouldn't feel ok.
Also, dynamic women attract me, women that do sports e.t.c. It bothers me when a girl smokes or she's playing with her cell phone a lot.

2. Long-time relationships are better, cause there's feeling.

3. No as long as the relationship is good. I wouldn't cheat either way. I would brake the relationship first.

4. The time we are seeing one each other.

5. Being with a girl and she was in... vacations. Relationship via phone is virtual.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 06:00:31 AM »

1. What's the thing that really "hit" you about your companion? And how much does looks matter?
His smile. Looks do matter to me, i'm not obsessed, but i like men who care a little bit about them. I am usually found with men who are a bit trashy, kind of conventionnal trashy, so they still care a bit about them. Even if it doesn't look that way.

Jesus, both. I will not meet a man i truly get on with every day, but i have sexual needs and i don't intend to cross my legs just for the sole purpose of being called a " good girl". I usually have better sex in one night stands. But my problem is that men in one night stands have got attached, and they transformed into long lasting relationships.

If my partner has been unfaithful, or disloyal, or if work takes too much space in our couple life, is stress is my daily share, if my companion is so stressed out for over 6 months that he barely talks to me or notices me, yes, i do fidn it hard and i have been unfaithful with a man who made me feel like i was a princess, who had stars in his eyes when he looked at me, who looked ONLY at me when talking to me ( when my companion has travelling eyes and i never feel like he is actually hearing a word) , who was attentive and extremely sensual, cuddly and a fantastic lover. NO regrets. I have cheated for the 1st time in my life and to be honest, i now know my value and i told my companion what i expected ouf of him now. So either we manage to work around that, or we don't and we'll continue fighting....

Money, mainly. Also, communication problems as my partner is french but speaks a horrible french and uses it so badly that i don't understand the sense of his sentences a lot of the time and i'll  answer to what i think he said and it'll create an argument and he'll say sorry after 2 hours defending his case and that IF he admits being wrong.

Best and worst belong to the same person. He was called Jim. I'll call him that. He told my mother she couldn't call her that whe nshe tried to tell him he should change and she was being so pretentious with him, i was so embarassed that he blew at her and sat her down, obliged her to listen and told her how she was a mad woman, nasty and that she should be ashamed to constantly break people. He was my fucking hero and no man has ever done what he did for me. He didn't only believe that i had been unhappy, but he knew better and was a justiciary. My worst memorys is of us two being so fucked up then that we were violent and he got so violent that horrible things happened. IF they hadn't happened, i am sure we could have pulled through with therapy, ach on our sides, and as a couple, and we'd probably be married today.

Being immature, enough to dump good guys and enough to keep assholes.

Nothing to say
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 12:46:12 PM »

Her good natured heart, the fact that she always tries to see the good in people. As far,  It really don?t matter I?m a course It help but it?s about what?s on the inside that matter the most. 

Long term

No

Money, and the normal stupid shit that really don?t matter when you really think about 

The Best would have to be the first time I told her that I loved her and hearing her responed that she felt the same about me.

The Worst is this one time I was dating this girl And I found out that she was just using me to make an other guy  jealous.

I don?t really have any regret about pat relationships.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 01:11:39 PM »

1. Our interests are so similar.  We both are huge hockey fans, like the same kind of music, like the same kind of food, similar personalities.  We're both big-time pessimists, and our favorite color is black.  We've been through the same kind of relationship problems in the past and have nearly given up on finding the right person.  Now if only we were closer together (I'm in Massachusetts/Ohio, while she's in Texas).

2. Definitely long-term.

3. Not at all.  I don't want her cheating on me, so I won't do it to her.

4. We haven't had any fights yet.  We've only been together for a couple months, but still.  No fights yet.

5. Best-- finally finding her.  Worst-- about 2 years ago, I liked a girl at my college (we were really good friends at the time).  I happened to mention it in my blog, she found out from someone else who read it, and suddenly i was no longer a "really great guy" as she once had said, but now i was a "stalker who barely knows me."  Whatever, things are working out fine now.

6. No regrets, really.  I'm with a great woman now, so why regret things if it's all worked out fine?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 03:44:18 PM »

Her sensibility.

I believe in a "one woman for life", I'm very romantic, so long time relashionship is my choice, but you've to find the right girl. As soon as you don't find her, have fun... Wink

No, be sincere, tell the truth, and things will be fine. Why is it so hard for people to tell the truth?

I'm a very flexible guy. There are no fights with me in the long term.

best? the future I guess.
worst? that blonde girl some years ago who couldn't stop smoking...and drinking...I was ill for 2 days because of her cigarettes and toxic habbits no
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 03:57:10 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:49:33 PM »

Well there is a girl thats hot and I can get a good conversation going then I am prob interested.

I do like being in a long term relationship, always have

Nope not really although I am huge flirt and I do like to look at other girls but I always remain faithful

Well I have yet to have one with my new g/f but my they are usually petty arguements that really annoy me with past g/f's

The worst would have to be my first proper relationship it was hell, she was phycotic and tore me into pieces well the fact she tried to kill me would make it the worst so I walked away after that. As for the best I dont know I have a new g/f and thats going really well but the best is yet to come!

EEEERRRR Little boy
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 08:03:56 PM »

1. His intellect and he had the bluest eyes I had ever seen...he looked right through me.....physically, as long as he doesn't have a hump on his back and he the right number of body parts, I'm good.
2. Long term definately
3. As long as we are honest with each other, communication is key and the sex remains strong and frequent, no problem but the minute I detect a lack of interest,the talk talk slows down or shuts down and there isn't a thing I can do to fix....my mind and heart wander
4. We don't fight really...I get bitchy occasionally but he just lets it roll off...but if I had to pick one...stop jerking off so much and have the real thing instead..or wait till the 'real thing' gets home from work...silly shit
5. Worst, husband came home from work and wanted a divorce to marry his 10 year younger than me secretary(that was 9 years ago though)...and knowing that my current love interest of almost 2 years is 27 years old....unfortunately, I can't think of a best of yet Undecided

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:19:19 PM »

That I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him... that I imagine being married to him, having kids together, and all of that other good, lovey dovey stuff.  Ahhhh, nothing like young love, I tell you Smiley  When I look at him, I feel all happy and giddy... and am amazed at what a good person he is, and how good he is to me.  To me, looks are just a small part of attraction.  There are also important  emotional, intellectual, spiritual connections one should have with their partner in order for a relationship to grow and develop.

Long term relationships only.  In fact, the man I am dating is the first man I have ever dated long term.  In the past, I would go on many dates, but only see the person once or twice, because I knew nothing would come of it, and I am not interested in short term or one night stand relations.

No, I have never had a problem with being faithful. 

Honestly, we have been together for seven months, and we have yet to have an arguement.  Yes, I too get bitchy time to time (over the silliest things), but he does not really pay attention to me when I get into one of those moods, thankfully! Smiley

Best memories... so many... spending Christmas at Disneyworld, weekends at the cottage, our double dare games, country walks, shopping together at the market, him always cooking me dinner... Smiley 

Worst memory... probably acting totally badly during a trip to Niagara Falls and ruining the entire day.  When I got back to his place he cooked me dinner and was so nice to me.  I could not believe it.  After I laid in his arms and cried, because I knew I was so awful... and he was like I will hold you for as long as you like, I will always be your shoulder to cry on, I love you etc... awwww...

Nothing.  I have no regrets.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 12:35:41 AM »

The worst would have to be my first proper relationship it was hell, she was phycotic and tore me into pieces well the fact she tried to kill me would make it the worst so I walked away after that. As for the best I dont know I have a new g/f and thats going really well but the best is yet to come!

She tried to kill you?! How did she try to do that?

My friends ex-gf broke his rib-cage in a fight once, after that my friend trashed the appartment. It must've been something he said.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 12:48:48 AM »

The thing that got me at first was she was very easy to talk 2.We live over 200 miles away but it was the first time i felt a girl really understood and could relate to me. Also i described a past relationship to her and told her about a song i was working on, so she sends me some lyrics that perfectly said what i had been tryin to say for years.

once i met her, she was and still is the sweetest,prettiest,nicest girl ive ever known, i am extremely outrageously psychotically jealous, but she somehow put up with it and got through it.

I always wanted a girl that i could go hang out with guys, go workout or just whatever and i wouldnt worry about what my girl was doin, she is the only person i have never worried about. ?If she cheated on me it would be a bigger shock than finding out i was adopted or something.

One night stands or just hookin up looks matter but i was already so in love with my girlfriend before i met her, that it didnt matter. The fact she is very hot and goodlookin is an added plus though, i wont lie.

2. Do you prefer being in a long time relationship over one night stands? long relationship, ive never had a one night stand.

3. Do you find hard to be faithful? No, because i realize the odds of finding another girl like the one ive got are a trillion to one, so an hour of pleasure wouldnt be worth losin what i have, i also know the grass is very rarely greener on the other side.

4. What are your fights with your partner about ?we dont have major fights, i guess we fight sometimes when we get agitated and frustrated when we dont get to see each other that much but we havent had any major fights.I get aggravated with her when she doesnt believe in herself sometimes, she is so beautiful and sometimes she is insecure so sometimes we argue cause i get frustrated. we argue sometimes because i dont like her gettin upset and stressed over stuff, but like Timothy said, usually bout stupid shit that has no business being argued about.

this sounds funny but my best memory is the fact she still wanted to date me and talk to me after she met me. but seriously probably our first kiss, she went to kiss me and i blew it like a dumbass cause i was talkin and didnt pick up on the signal, so when i finally got to kiss her and got to hear "I Love You" in person, we both cried, call me a pussy but i cried. cause it was a kind of love that i really hadnt ever felt before. i thought i had been in love but after being in love now, im not so sure if i ever really was. also when i wrote a song for her while she was in the room, i just looked at her and wrote this amazingly beautiful song that made her cry, then we kissed and it was an unbelievable high.

worst use to be when that girl fucked me over and lied to me about a baby being mine and it wasnt, now i consider that a great thing because without that happening, i wouldnt have what i have now, but the worst was getting that DNA test and seeing 0 percent possibility. that was some life changing shit.

I dont regret too much, i regret believing that one girl and not being skeptical, i was so naive, i regret dumping my first love 3 days before her senior prom, and i regret being a jealous asshole all the time and pretty much ruining any relationship i ever had.
I also regret not kickin this guy's ass who use to always hit on and flirt with my first love.

thank GOd my girlfriend now had some thick skin and good nerves and lots and lots of patience or i could be posting about her now. hihi

I dont regret anything because all my past relationships led me to where i am, goin through stuff with them, better prepared me for the woman i have now. cause being the way i was ruined my first love, so it made me realize that i better shape up or i was gonna lose my greatest love.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 01:04:22 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 12:58:18 AM »

That I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him... that I imagine being married to him, having kids together, and all of that other good, lovey dovey stuff.? Ahhhh, nothing like young love, I tell you Smiley? When I look at him, I feel all happy and giddy... and am amazed at what a good person he is, and how good he is to me.? To me, looks are just a small part of attraction.? There are also important? emotional, intellectual, spiritual connections one should have with their partner in order for a relationship to grow and develop.

Long term relationships only.? In fact, the man I am dating is the first man I have ever dated long term.? In the past, I would go on many dates, but only see the person once or twice, because I knew nothing would come of it, and I am not interested in short term or one night stand relations.

No, I have never had a problem with being faithful.?

Honestly, we have been together for seven months, and we have yet to have an arguement.? Yes, I too get bitchy time to time (over the silliest things), but he does not really pay attention to me when I get into one of those moods, thankfully! Smiley

Best memories... so many... spending Christmas at Disneyworld, weekends at the cottage, our double dare games, country walks, shopping together at the market, him always cooking me dinner... Smiley?

Worst memory... probably acting totally badly during a trip to Niagara Falls and ruining the entire day.? When I got back to his place he cooked me dinner and was so nice to me.? I could not believe it.? After I laid in his arms and cried, because I knew I was so awful... and he was like I will hold you for as long as you like, I will always be your shoulder to cry on, I love you etc... awwww...

Nothing.? I have no regrets.

damn EEBS, I think im in love with this guy! hihi WOW what a great dude! u better hang on to this one!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 01:33:45 AM »

1.? What's the thing that really "hit" you about your companion?? And how much do looks matter?

The thing that hit me about him, was his confidence and down-to-earth personality. I felt comfortable enough with him to be myself.

I think looks matter initially, but you can only look for so long. The whole person is what determines the longevity of the relationship. I was very attracted to my boyfriend before I even met him.? Now he's even more attractive than ever.

2.? Do you prefer being in a long time relationship over one night stands?

Yes.

3.? Do you find it hard to be faithful?

No.

4.? What are your fights with your partner about?

Usually trivial things. I get annoyed when he tells me how to drive. haha

5.? Best and worst relationship memory?

The best memory would have to be our first weekend together.

Nothing.

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 07:24:52 PM »

She tried to kill you?! How did she try to do that?

My friends ex-gf broke his rib-cage in a fight once, after that my friend trashed the appartment. It must've been something he said.

Well to cut a long story short I was watching TV no one was home and I was pretty tired and I had a lay down and then I felt this hands round my neck that wouldn't let go I got off her in the end and said it was over and the thing is we hadn't argued or anything I thought this isn't right I wasn't gonna stick around just incase she did it again which is understanable right?

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: